PDA

View Full Version : Play like that in all the remaining games...

California-Hibs
01-05-2016, 01:30 PM
And we'll go up to the Premier League and give ourselves a good chance of a Scottish Cup too.

What stood out to me today was the hunger, drive, and amount of chances we created. It was exciting and good to watch! Not to mention scoring 2 good goals.

Special mentions have to go to Gunnerson (who has to play every game now) and Stokes - who I thought was immense. His all round play today was a joy to watch. His drive and vision is vital.

Our bad spell is well over now with us on a 6 game unbeaten streak and with hugely marked improved performances.

Fyvie coming back in has caused this, along with a fully fit Stokes, a hungry Keatings, and an on form Gunnerson. Not to even mention McGeough being back giving us a huge boost.

Conrad maybe now the number 1? Fine by me Alan!

Only positive comments here on out, we vitally need it more than ever.

Play Offs and Cup Final time guys! Strap yourselves in!!

GlasgowHibee
01-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Is this a joke?

worcesterhibby
01-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Is this a joke?

No he is a "supporter"

Diclonius
01-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Is this a joke?

Lol

Thecat23
01-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Is this a joke?

What do you find funny about it?

worcesterhibby
01-05-2016, 01:39 PM
And we'll go up to the Premier League and give ourselves a good chance of a Scottish Cup too.

What stood out to me today was the hunger, drive, and amount of chances we created. It was exciting and good to watch! Not to mention scoring 2 good goals.

Special mentions have to go to Gunnerson (who has to play every game now) and Stokes - who I thought was immense. His all round play today was a joy to watch. His drive and vision is vital.

Our bad spell is well over now with us on a 6 game unbeaten streak and with hugely marked improved performances.

Fyvie coming back in has caused this, along with a fully fit Stokes, a hungry Keatings, and an on form Gunnerson. Not to even mention McGeough being back giving us a huge boost.

Totally agree...this could still be an absolutely historic season. The team are in better form and playing like it is a matter of how many we win by. Jeez one of these days everything is going to come off and we are gonna win by a cricket score. The missed chances frustrated me today, but not as much as they frustrated the players I'm sure.

WE CAN DO THIS

number9dream
01-05-2016, 01:41 PM
No one has got past Logan yet... four more penalty shoot-outs to come?

California-Hibs
01-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Is this a joke?
Not in the slightest, what a bizarre comment. Why do you ask such an odd question sir?

GreenLake
01-05-2016, 01:42 PM

We can win any game against any team so one game at a time we can do it.

HH81
01-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Stubbs will either be sacked or an all time legend in one months time.

Pretty Boy
We'll need to be a damn sight better than we were in the 1st half. It was like 2 different teams today the way we came out in the 2nd half.

Now isn't really the time for a post mortem though, fonishing 3rd is pish but we need to galvanise for the next 3 weeks now it's confirmed so well said the OP. Time to support and show a bit confidence.

California-Hibs
Totally agree...this could still be an absolutely historic season. The team are in better form and playing like it is a matter of how many we win by. Jeez one of these days everything is going to come off and we are gonna win by a cricket score. The missed chances frustrated me today, but not as much as they frustrated the players I'm sure.

WE CAN DO THIS

Exactly! ^ This man gets it.

GlasgowHibee
01-05-2016, 01:45 PM
What do you find funny about it?

All of it really, up until the second goal we were so poor and slow, if we play like that against teams that have something to play for then we will be embarrassed.

I thought we were a lot worse than on Tuesday today.

leggeto
01-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Not in the slightest, what a bizarre comment. Why do you ask such an odd question sir?

Probably because we were quite poor,never really threatened until the red card.
This walking the ball in to much,we are better getting it wide and putting crosses in,saying that I think we will do enough over two legs against Raith,Falkirk of the pl team

zlatan
01-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Stubbs will either be sacked or an all time legend in one months time.

Incredibly this is it in a nutshell. I can understand both sides of the argument here, it's certainly very intriguing end to the season.

Thecat23
01-05-2016, 01:47 PM
All of it really, up until the second goal we were so poor and slow, if we play like that against teams that have something to play for then we will be embarrassed.

Yet we always do better when teams have something to play for and come at us. We never lost a goal today either. I think the OP is bang on the money!

It's not a time for folk to try be angrier than the previous poster, we still have everything to play for. I don't think anyone is happy finishing 3rd but I'm not throwing myself under any busses just yet.

SJM
01-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Play like today before the sending off we have no chance at all.

Waxy
01-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Incredibly this is it in a nutshell. I can understand both sides of the argument here, it's certainly very intriguing end to the season.

He's nowhere near getting sacked imo.

Thecat23
01-05-2016, 01:51 PM
Play like today before the sending off we have no chance at all.

QOS were never in this game! Just because we struggled to break them down we still scored before the red card.

Edit no we never, so you could be right 😁

hibsdaft
a hungry Keatings, and an on form Gunnerson

can't say I Keatings hunger was evident to me today. he was very anonymous for large spells of the game.

wouldn't have said it was one of Gunnarsson's better games either. he was fine, but nothing special.

like the positivity though :flag::flag:

Tha Cabbage Kid
I'm worried it's going to be too much. The players are already tired.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

HH81

So lose to Raith and then the cup final and you would give him another year?

SJM

If we don't go up after finishing below standard in this league and lose the Scottish Cup then he should be sacked. We have finished below a club well below our budget and with far inferior players and that is the fault of the manager.

SJM
01-05-2016, 01:53 PM
QOS were never in this game! Just because we struggled to break them down we still scored before the red card.

Edit no we never, so you could be right 

If we struggle to break down a ***** side with zero to play for god knows how we do against the next 3 teams we will have to beat.

chrisski33
01-05-2016, 01:53 PM
nope we will have to raise our game against raith. roveres will be tougher than qos

Thecat23
01-05-2016, 01:54 PM
If we struggle to break down a ***** side with zero to play for god knows how we do against the next 3 teams we will have to beat.

They have to win as well though. Which makes it more open!

GreenLake
01-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Probably because we were quite poor,never really threatened until the red card.
This walking the ball in to much,we are better getting it wide and putting crosses in,saying that I think we will do enough over two legs against Raith,Falkirk of the pl team

Yeah, our goal before the red card wasn't a threat.

swindonhibs
01-05-2016, 01:55 PM

Great post.
Season very much alive and promotion and cup final win in our own hands.
It's money time and wouldn't have it any other way.
GGTTH

Waxy
01-05-2016, 01:56 PM
So lose to Raith and then the cup final and you would give him another year?
Well it depends on the manner of the defeats should we lose. Who would you like to manage us?

California-Hibs
01-05-2016, 01:56 PM

You honestly thought we were slow today?! Incredible how people can see things so differently.

Don't kid yourself as about using the easy option of 'it was because of the red card', a goal was coming! Logan had barely (in fact, anything?) to do today. We've created plenty, scored a few, kept a clean sheet and increased a wee unbeaten streak to 6. Along with The Rangers putting in another poor performance and dropping points.

How anyone can be negative today is beyond me.

Positivity from here on out is vital and breeds success!

shamo9
01-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Unbeaten in 6, won 4 out of the last 5. The main thing is we've found a bit of form again, that gives me confidence. Having McGeouch back is also massive. We've made it hard for ourselves, but this time we'll do it :flag:

Let's all stick together and make history!

lapsedhibee
01-05-2016, 01:57 PM
We have finished below a club well below our budget and with far inferior players and that is the fault of the manager.
I don't know why league rules even allow this. Same in England this year - why are Leicester being permitted to win the PL?
Disgrace. All football should be like the CL, stitched up to favour the clubs with the biggest resources.

California-Hibs
01-05-2016, 01:58 PM
Great post.
GGTTH

^ Another posted who simply, gets it!

Waxy
01-05-2016, 02:02 PM
If we don't go up after finishing below standard in this league and lose the Scottish Cup then he should be sacked. We have finished below a club well below our budget and with far inferior players and that is the fault of the manager.
Dont think it would be fair to bring the Scottish cup into it. It was clearly a bonus tournament for us this year and we've fought tooth and nail through lots of great matches to get there. Cannot hold the final against anyone at Hibs. That would be plain daft.

HibsMax
01-05-2016, 02:04 PM
Great post.
GGTTH
If you listen to the experts on facebook then you're a moron for thinking we can get through the playoffs and win the cup. All before a ball has been kicked too.

i can't speak for anyone but myself but I always believe there's a chance regardless of what the odds are. I don't think Hibs are guaranteed to win on the 21st but I believe they can and hopefully I'll be there to see it. Hopefully the moaning gits who think we have no chance stay at home and give believers a chance to join in the festivities.

leggeto
01-05-2016, 02:05 PM
Yeah, our goal before the red card wasn't a threat.

The red card was at 0-0 though

SJM
01-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Well it depends on the manner of the defeats should we lose. Who would you like to manage us?

Here we go with the whats the alternative chat!

If we don't go up he has failed in his job and should go, being replaced with someone who can take us up. 3rd behind Falkirk in this tin pot ***** league is a disgrace.

SJM
01-05-2016, 02:10 PM
I don't know why league rules even allow this. Same in England this year - why are Leicester being permitted to win the PL?
Disgrace. All football should be like the CL, stitched up to favour the clubs with the biggest resources.

You do realise how far we have fallen yeah? Stop making excuses. Finishing behind Falkirk after losing to ***** like Alloa and Dumbarton is shocking regardless of Leicester City. Even less points than last season too in an easier league.

Waxy
01-05-2016, 02:11 PM

If we don't go up he has failed in his job and should go, being replaced with someone who can take us up. 3rd behind Falkirk in this tin pot ***** league is a disgrace.

Yes well lets wait and see what happens first. We might still go up. Whi's going to beat us? We seem to have plugged the defence last few matches.

SJM
01-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Dont think it would be fair to bring the Scottish cup into it. It was clearly a bonus tournament for us this year and we've fought tooth and nail through lots of great matches to get there. Cannot hold the final against anyone at Hibs. That would be plain daft.

The Scottish would save his job if we won it though. Don't go up and don't win it the manager should be sacked.

SJM
01-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Yes well lets wait and see what happens first. We might still go up. Whi's going to beat us? We seem to have plugged the defence last few matches.

We've been waiting to see what happens since being pumped off Morton with all our games in hand that everyone was so confident we would overturn Falkirk with ease.

All we can actually do is wait and see to be honest, but it's criminal it's got to this.

bingo70
01-05-2016, 02:15 PM
You do realise how far we have fallen yeah? Stop making excuses. Finishing behind Falkirk after losing to ***** like Alloa and Dumbarton is shocking regardless of Leicester City. Even less points than last season too in an easier league.

Our league perfirmance this season hasn't been acceptable, don't think many could argue with you on that front.

Good thing is though we've hit a decent run of form at the right time with Mcgeouch returning from injury and Stokes playing well.

I'm certainly not scared of raith in the play offs, should we beat them then I'm certainly not scared of Falkirk, premier league team may be a step too far but who knows, just need to wait and see but I'm not going to worry about that now.

Thecat23
01-05-2016, 02:16 PM

But on the other hand we win the play off and the cup Stubbs is a legend.

GreenLake
01-05-2016, 02:17 PM
The red card was at 0-0 though

Apologies! I just checked and have no idea what made me think we scored before. :greengrin

cleanyman
01-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Play like that in the remaining games and we have no chance.

Especially the first half. That was the same tippy tappy pish that has led to us finishing third in a Diddy league.

What are people seeing here?

Edinburgher
01-05-2016, 02:18 PM
The important thing now is that we have to do the job in Kirkcaldy this week coming - we clearly struggle to break teams down that park the bus.We must get a win there as it may be de ja vu back in Edinburgh.

SJM
01-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Our league perfirmance this season hasn't been acceptable, don't think many could argue with you on that front.

Good thing is though we've hit a decent run of form at the right time with Mcgeouch returning from injury and Stokes playing well.

I'm certainly not scared of raith in the play offs, should we beat them then I'm certainly not scared of Falkirk, premier league team may be a step too far but who knows, just need to wait and see but I'm not going to worry about that now.

Fair do's. Maybe not get worried but lets not pretend we are playing well and will go up based on today as per this thread. It's green tinted in the extreme.

Stokes is a massive, massive bonus and hopefully Dylan keeps fit. He's our best player when on form and confident. :aok:

SJM
01-05-2016, 02:20 PM
But on the other hand we win the play off and the cup Stubbs is a legend.

If that happens he will be the greatest guy in our history. Fine line there is.

Thecat23
01-05-2016, 02:20 PM
If that happens he will be the greatest guy in our history. Fine line there is.

Very fine line indeed.

GreenLake
01-05-2016, 02:21 PM

Our cup runs have perhaps impeded our league campaign. If we had a choice before I think we would have chosen 3rd and 2 cup final chances over 2nd and none. We still have a chance at promotion and Hibs are more likely to do well with a disadvantage than an advantage.

bingo70
01-05-2016, 02:22 PM
Fair do's. Maybe not get worried but lets not pretend we are playing well and will go up based on today as per this thread. It's green tinted in the extreme.

Stokes is a massive, massive bonus and hopefully Dylan keeps fit. He's our best player when on form and confident. :aok:

I thought we played quite well today, created plenty chances and totally dominated. You're right in that today's performance means nothing, hopefully the players take confidence from another convincing win though

SJM
01-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Our cup runs have perhaps impeded our league campaign. If we had a choice before I think we would have chosen 3rd and 2 cup final chances over 2nd and none. We still have a chance at promotion and Hibs are more likely to do well with a disadvantage than an advantage.

Only if we win the Scottish. Lose it and I would take promotion over two final losses any day of the week. Win the Scottish and don't go up I'll still be delighted to be fair.

SJM
01-05-2016, 02:26 PM
I thought we played quite well today, created plenty chances and totally dominated. You're right in that today's performance means nothing, hopefully the players take confidence from another convincing win though

:aok:

HH81
01-05-2016, 02:27 PM

Stubbs but if he keeps failing then someone else?

Hermit Crab
01-05-2016, 02:29 PM
We finished with the same number of points as we did last season. Is that good enough?

GreenLake
01-05-2016, 02:29 PM
Only if we win the Scottish. Lose it and I would take promotion over two final losses any day of the week. Win the Scottish and don't go up I'll still be delighted to be fair.

Yes, me too.

Thecat23
01-05-2016, 02:31 PM
We finished with the same number of points as we did last season. Is that good enough?

I've yet to see anyone who said it is. There's nothing we can do about it we're in the play offs and the final. If we win both would you care we finished with the same amount as last year?? I know I won't.

Beefster
01-05-2016, 02:31 PM

Nope.

HibsMax
01-05-2016, 02:32 PM
I think we should wait until the season is over before making any decisions. Who would REALLY care how pish we played this season if we got promoted and won the Scottish Cup? What do we care about - performances or results? At this stage of the season all we have to reflect on are performances (other than the League Cup - but two out of three would be a decent season in my view).

J-C
01-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Play like that in the remaining games and we have no chance.

Especially the first half. That was the same tippy tappy pish that has led to us finishing third in a Diddy league.

What are people seeing here?

This for me too, again we tried to pass our way into the goals, gets so frustrating watching the ball continuously being passed left to right and back again with the occasional one two thrown in. We seemed to have went back to the slow build up tippy tappy in the 1st half and only really kicked on 15 minutes into the 2nd half when their player went off, when that happened we were a different team entirely, my only real gripe was why the hell did he substitute Henderson when he was at the heart of almost every attacking move and McGinn was again looking knackered, took the wrong guy off as far as I'm concerned.

hibby6270
01-05-2016, 02:47 PM
I agree with the OP. As much as we've "battered" teams this season in terms of possession and most of the time with shots and chances created, we all know in football that doesn't always win games.

Where we've let ourselves down were the home result against Morton and the 3 away defeats at Dumbarton (twice) and Alloa. If just one of these had a different outcome, we'd be 2nd.

The positive is (if you can call it that) of finishing 3rd, there's no chance now of taking a sneaky break to Spain for the players. Both times it's been done we have lost that drive/confidence we had prior to these trips. Did us no good in last year's playoffs. And was the start of our dodgy spell this season. Surely that's no coincidence.

Still onwards and upwards. All to play for in the next 24 days. We can still do this. GGTTH

Ronniekirk
01-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Very fine line indeed.

Feels more like we are now walking a tightrope so lets hope we get the balance right

ehf
01-05-2016, 02:56 PM
I agree with the OP. As much as we've "battered" teams this season in terms of possession and most of the time with shots and chances created, we all know in football that doesn't always win games.

Where we've let ourselves down were the home result against Morton and the 3 away defeats at Dumbarton (twice) and Alloa. If just one of these had a different outcome, we'd be 2nd.

Failing to hold on to a 2 goal lead against 10 man Falkirk was the real killer; criminally unprofessional.

SteveHFC
01-05-2016, 02:56 PM

Totally agree mate. Those defeats against Alloa and Dumbarton have cost us.

hibby6270
01-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Failing to hold on to a 2 goal lead against 10 man Falkirk was the real killer; criminally unprofessional.

You're not wrong but was possibly a more "expected" outcome given the way we've sometimes played this season and given who we were playing compared to those other 3 teams where the outcome should have been more predictable in our favour than it turned out.

What I was trying to say was just one of those games with different result and we'd be celebrating, of sorts, today.

steviehibsleith
01-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Unfortunately until the red card i don't think we were convincing and we will be up against much tougher opposition with everything to play for in the playoffs. For those who were at the game today up until the red We didn't look any better than Queens and I dont even see us getting past RR. Hopefully Bartley comes back in too start and we raise it on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HibsMax
01-05-2016, 03:09 PM
This for me too, again we tried to pass our way into the goals, gets so frustrating watching the ball continuously being passed left to right and back again with the occasional one two thrown in. We seemed to have went back to the slow build up tippy tappy in the 1st half and only really kicked on 15 minutes into the 2nd half when their player went off, when that happened we were a different team entirely, my only real gripe was why the hell did he substitute Henderson when he was at the heart of almost every attacking move and McGinn was again looking knackered, took the wrong guy off as far as I'm concerned.
I was stunned when Henderson was hooked. It's hard to see on the wee screen but he didn't look happy to come off.

emerald green
01-05-2016, 03:10 PM

The problem with that is that Hibs can also lose a game against any team, e.g. Alloa, Dumbarton (twice), Morton (at ER), QOS.

Even if Hibs had drawn just one of those fixtures they lost, 2nd place would have been secured, as things have turned out.

I predicted ages ago Hibs would lose out on 2nd on goal difference. As a team / squad, Hibs do not score enough goals. Certainly not nearly enough to have won the Championship.

They might still win through the play offs, but if anyone thinks it will be easy they are dreaming.

green day
01-05-2016, 03:13 PM
Unfortunately until the red card i don't think we were convincing and we will be up against much tougher opposition with everything to play for in the playoffs. For those who were at the game today up until the red We didn't look any better than Queens and I dont even see us getting past RR. Hopefully Bartley comes back in too start and we raise it on Wednesday.

This bit in bold ??!!

We dominated territory and possession and were the only team trying to play football.

We have always played well against teams who "have something to play for" this season - RR wont be able to sit in and play 5 at the back with the midfield tight to the defence like QOTS did today.

RR need to come out and get something at Starks - so it will suit us.

SJM
01-05-2016, 03:22 PM
This bit in bold ??!!

We dominated territory and possession and were the only team trying to play football.

We have always played well against teams who "have something to play for" this season - RR wont be able to sit in and play 5 at the back with the midfield tight to the defence like QOTS did today.

RR need to come out and get something at Starks - so it will suit us.

We created very little, who cares about the football played. they were comfortable.

Raith at Starks first leg fair enough, what about Falkirk at Easter Road first leg because we have bawsed up 2nd? The will sit in, they know they can score against us and breaking them down in Falkirk should we lose would be a right mission.

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2016, 03:24 PM
I was stunned when Henderson was hooked. It's hard to see on the wee screen but he didn't look happy to come off.

Stevenson should have come off and leave 3 at the back. Henderson was just starting to make things tick.

AlbertK86
01-05-2016, 03:24 PM
We are far better when teams have to attack us.

Still no good when teams have 11 behind the ball.

Agree with OP.

Especially with Dylan back I reckon a historic season coming our way

GGTTH

Thecat23
01-05-2016, 03:26 PM
We created very little, who cares about the football played. they were comfortable.

Raith at Starks first leg fair enough, what about Falkirk at Easter Road first leg because we have bawsed up 2nd? The will sit in, they know they can score against us and breaking them down in Falkirk should we lose would be a right mission.

It's all If's and buts. I think you need to chill out and stop worrying about all the negatives. The games will take care of themselves and I've seen enough of us against better teams to know we can beat Raith and Falkirk.

northstandhibby
01-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Like a lot of the posters here, thought the boy's looked a bit off the pace most of the first half. Better the second. Hope another gear can be found for the play-offs and the cup. Will be a case of Heroes or Zeroes.

green day
01-05-2016, 03:30 PM

The stats dont bear that out

Marco G
01-05-2016, 03:34 PM
It's all If's and buts. I think you need to chill out and stop worrying about all the negatives. The games will take care of themselves and I've seen enough of us against better teams to know we can beat Raith and Falkirk.

We have better individual players than Raith or Falkirk and a stronger squad, so I agree that we should just let them do the business. The only thing we need to do, as usual, is get right behind the team!

SJM
01-05-2016, 03:39 PM

Its hard when we have just finished our lowest ever position I can ever remember. Raith and Falkirk also have it in them to beat us too. Games taking care of themselves is the chat we have heard since March and it's not happened.

green day
01-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Its hard when we have just finished our lowest ever position I can ever remember. Raith and Falkirk also have it in them to beat us too. Games taking care of themselves is the chat we have heard since March and it's not happened.

OK, but will you admit that we are in better form than March? If not, you need a wee reality check.

In a weeks time we will have a better idea if Raith are as good as they think they are.

Falkirk? Not going to worry about that until after Saturday.

gaz1875
01-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Stevenson should have come off and leave 3 at the back. Henderson was just starting to make things tick.

I thought the same, once Fyvie came off Henderson moved the ball so much quicker, I know they were down to 10 at the time but Fyvie is painfully slow with his distribution if it even finds a Hibs player (not here to Fyvie bash). Even stranger was taking off a proven goalscorer and putting on Dagnall. In fact shortly after he came on he missed what looked like a great opportunity a few yards out from a "for once" cracking cross from Stevenson.

Eyrie
01-05-2016, 03:50 PM
I thought the same, once Fyvie came off Henderson moved the ball so much quicker, I know they were down to 10 at the time but Fyvie is painfully slow with his distribution if it even finds a Hibs player (not here to Fyvie bash). Even stranger was taking off a proven goalscorer and putting on Dagnall. In fact shortly after he came on he missed what looked like a great opportunity a few yards out from a "for once" cracking cross from Stevenson.

I like Fyvie, but the difference between him and McGeouch was night and day. Both will take the ball deep but whereas Fyvie stops to look for a pass, McGeouch will drive forward whilst doing so.

JimBHibees
01-05-2016, 03:52 PM

So you think they weren't trying. They are a decent team in this league and well organised. Thought their number 5 defended heroically at times.

gaz1875
01-05-2016, 03:57 PM
I like Fyvie, but the difference between him and McGeouch was night and day. Both will take the ball deep but whereas Fyvie stops to look for a pass, McGeouch will drive forward whilst doing so.

Fyvie stops and looks and still struggle to find the pass. McGeouch never misplaced a pass in his 20 minute cameo until late into injury time, it took Fyvie around 10 seconds after kick off to blooter a pass to Boyle out for a throw in!! lol

SJM
01-05-2016, 03:59 PM
OK, but will you admit that we are in better form than March? If not, you need a wee reality check.

In a weeks time we will have a better idea if Raith are as good as they think they are.

Falkirk? Not going to worry about that until after Saturday.

I need a reality check? For not sitting with my fingers in my ears praying we go up having finished 3rd?

Raith defeated us the last time we played. Falkirk have finished ahead of us.

Maybe you need a reality check.

GreenLake
01-05-2016, 04:01 PM
The problem with that is that Hibs can also lose a game against any team, e.g. Alloa, Dumbarton (twice), Morton (at ER), QOS.

Even if Hibs had drawn just one of those fixtures they lost, 2nd place would have been secured, as things have turned out.

I predicted ages ago Hibs would lose out on 2nd on goal difference. As a team / squad, Hibs do not score enough goals. Certainly not nearly enough to have won the Championship.

They might still win through the play offs, but if anyone thinks it will be easy they are dreaming.

We tend to lose games that we think are easy. All the games are tough now with imminent joy or pain on offer.

Something must be won or this season or it will be one of our worst ever. The team must get this.

SJM
01-05-2016, 04:01 PM
So you think they weren't trying. They are a decent team in this league and well organised. Thought their number 5 defended heroically at times.

Of course they tried and they set up well and it was working prior to the sending off. It's QOS though, a *****y wee club in the lower leagues.

Aldo
01-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Id be more than delighted to play utterly ***** between now and last game as long as we win!!

Winning is the most important thing now and I don't care how.

JimBHibees
01-05-2016, 04:10 PM

We are on a decent run of form 3 clean sheets and a few goals and in last 4 games 11 for and 2 against. Some of the football today was very good you seem determined to concentrate on the negatives for some reason.

JimBHibees
01-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Of course they tried and they set up well and it was working prior to the sending off. It's QOS though, a *****y wee club in the lower leagues.

Hugely disrespectfut to a good club.

Giro Playboy
01-05-2016, 04:14 PM

Play Offs and Cup Final time guys! Strap yourselves in!! The difference is that our remaining games are going to be against teams that are as desperate to win as we will be. Today QOS were not exactly playing like men possessed.

emerald green
01-05-2016, 04:17 PM
We tend to lose games that we think are easy. All the games are tough now with imminent joy or pain on offer.

Something must be won or this season or it will be one of our worst ever. The team must get this.

By "we" I assume you are referring to the Hibs players (and coaches)? Or do you mean the supporters?

If it's the players and coaches, that would be ridiculous and totally unprofessional. No game should be treated or thought of as "easy". Every opponent should be given respect, and then go out and destroy them, if you can.

Thecat23
01-05-2016, 04:18 PM

Hopefully now that it really matters we do it.

gaz1875
01-05-2016, 04:19 PM
The difference is that our remaining games are going to be against teams that are as desperate to win as we will be. Today QOS were not exactly playing like men possessed.

Apart from the two assaults on McGinn.

hibs0666
01-05-2016, 04:21 PM

I'm glad we don't have to share a trench when times get hard.

pennyhibee
01-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Every team has to win the games now so the games will be more open now and we've already proved this season we can beat rangers,falkirk raith and most premier team so why should we be pessimistic about our chances Agree with an earlier poster who said one day all these chances the team make will eventually go in

JimBHibees
01-05-2016, 04:22 PM
I'm glad we don't have to share a trench when times get hard.

Indeed.

hibs0666
01-05-2016, 04:22 PM

Glad you're not our physio.

hibs0666
01-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Indeed.

Some total bottlers on here. Bring it on.

JimBHibees
01-05-2016, 04:27 PM

Yep real games about to start. Time to step up.

Dublin07
01-05-2016, 04:27 PM
I need a reality check? For not sitting with my fingers in my ears praying we go up having finished 3rd?

Raith defeated us the last time we played. Falkirk have finished ahead of us.

Maybe you need a reality check.

Raith did defeat us the last time we played but we missed an open goal from a foot out and numerous other chances. We beat them 4 times this season.
Falkirk finished above us on goal difference. They have not beaten us in 5 games. They are horrible team that plays zero football. Hibs have played good football last 3 games similar to our early season.
Some folk on here appear to think Falkirk and raith are like Barcelona and Real Madrid and will say anything that is negative.
Time to support the team. Can all the moaners have 3 weeks off and come back on at the end of May and have a field day then if it goes wrong and let the rest of us support our team.

lapsedhibee
01-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Some folk on here appear to think Falkirk and raith are like Barcelona and Real Madrid and will say anything that is negative.

:agree: And so what if they were - it's not as if we haven't beaten them as well!

GreenLake
01-05-2016, 05:05 PM
By "we" I assume you are referring to the Hibs players (and coaches)? Or do you mean the supporters?

If it's the players and coaches, that would be ridiculous and totally unprofessional. No game should be treated or thought of as "easy". Every opponent should be given respect, and then go out and destroy them, if you can.

I mean games that we spectators think are easy but I don't think the players or coaches think that. it's just the usual mystery we see season after season where we lose against the odds. Players seem to be more up for some games than others which is nothing to do with the fans.

What we think shouldn't affect the result, but it does seem weirdly synchronous at times.

Northernhibee
01-05-2016, 05:22 PM
The good thing about the weeks ahead is that it's not the big games we've struggled with, in fact quite the opposite.

SJM
01-05-2016, 05:24 PM
The good thing about the weeks ahead is that it's not the big games we've struggled with, in fact quite the opposite.

We lost our biggest game this season. We let ourselves down big time in it.

JimBHibees
01-05-2016, 05:25 PM

Clearly nonsense played well in that game. Individual errors cost us.

Northernhibee
01-05-2016, 05:30 PM

:aok:

Since90+2
01-05-2016, 05:35 PM
We did not play well today.

I honestly cannot see us winning 3 playoff ties with a Scottish cup final stuck in between. Really hope I am wrong but finishing second IMO was vital and we failed to do that.

Since90+2
01-05-2016, 05:44 PM

U

I'm guessing by your location you watched this on the TV and not in person? The game must have looked different on TV because trust me if we play like we did today we won't beat Raith , never mind Falkirk then Hamilton or Killie.

QOTS had nothing to play for and had a man sent off and the best we could manage was a 2-0 win when we knew we needed to hammer then to secure 2nd.

Thecat23
01-05-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm guessing by your location you watched this on the TV and not in person? The game must have looked different on TV because trust me if we play like we did today we won't beat Raith , never mind Falkirk then Hamilton or Killie.

QOTS had nothing to play for and had a man sent off and the best we could manage was a 2-0 win when we knew we needed to hammer then to secure 2nd.

Yes we will. Many shots did QOS have? They had nothing to play for so sat in and lost. The goal was coming anyway! Raith will have something to play for so will Falkirk.

Christ we've pumped far better teams this season on our way to both cup finals so we can beat the mighty Raith Rovers.

Since90+2
01-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Yes we will. Many shots did QOS have? They had nothing to play for so sat in and lost. The goal was coming anyway! Raith will have something to play for so will Falkirk.

Christ we've pumped far better teams this season on our way to both cup finals so we can beat the mighty Raith Rovers.

We have also lost to teams worse than Falkirk and Raith?

We probably are a better side than both Raith and Falkirk , though if we were neutral you would probably say that's disrespectful to Falkirk given they finished above us , but we have to play 3 games in 6 days before we even get to Falkirk.

Cant see it unfortunately.

Hi Heid Yin
01-05-2016, 06:06 PM

Great post. I totally agree!:flag:

Jonnyboy
01-05-2016, 06:09 PM

Careful, J you'll be branded as happy clapping, fingers in your ears and clueless

NAE NOOKIE
01-05-2016, 06:10 PM
There's no doubt that if this season is going to end well its going to be a monumental struggle ... we are going to need our fair share of luck, something we have had little of this season ... in not one of the big games we have won this season can I remember us winning because of a lucky break.

Our form has definitely picked up over the last 3 weeks and that can only be a good thing.

The good news for some of the folk posting on this thread is that as things stand the heavy schedule we now face allied to our historic cup final record means their doom and gloom predictions will prove to be correct .... enjoy :aok:

Pete
01-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Careful, J you'll be branded as happy clapping, fingers in your ears and clueless

...or accepting mediocrity.

Yes, it's back.

Hibernia&Alba
01-05-2016, 06:13 PM
I'm just worried we'll run out of steam. It's a very big ask now; time will tell.

Since90+2
01-05-2016, 06:13 PM
There's no doubt that if this season is going to end well its going to be a monumental struggle ... we are going to need our fair share of luck, something we have had little of this season ... in not one of the big games we have won this season can I remember us winning because of a lucky break.

Our form has definitely picked up over the last 3 weeks and that can only be a good thing.

The good news for some of the folk posting on this thread is that as things stand the heavy schedule we now face allied to our historic cup final record means their doom and gloom predictions will prove to be correct .... enjoy :aok:

The last paragraph is utterly pathetic. You honestly think people who don't fancy our chances in the play offs will enjoy us losing?

Laughable.

Lee
01-05-2016, 06:16 PM
We'll need to be a damn sight better than we were in the 1st half. It was like 2 different teams today the way we came out in the 2nd half.

Now isn't really the time for a post mortem though, fonishing 3rd is pish but we need to galvanise for the next 3 weeks now it's confirmed so well said the OP. Time to support and show a bit confidence.

This. Didn't shoot first half and not clinical enough, but massive improvement 2nd half!

Need to back the team and get a bit of momentum going the next few weeks.....having Dylan back could be massive too, we look far more threatening in the final 3rd when he's on the pitch.

Big_Franck
01-05-2016, 06:18 PM
With the final being a one-off game we could win it as anything can happen in 90 minutes of football. If we do it, it'll be an unbelievable day and a huge monkey off our back.

Having watched us under Stubbs for two seasons now I'd be surprised if we manage to get past 3 sides over two legs each who are all likely to sit in and where we will be expected to break them down. In football you never know though.

J-C
01-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Glad you're not our physio.

Was Henderson injured? I couldn't see anything wrong with him and he ran off pretty normally, if you have any info please say so instead of just a random statement with nothing backing it up.

NAE NOOKIE
01-05-2016, 06:26 PM
The last paragraph is utterly pathetic. You honestly think people who don't fancy our chances in the play offs will enjoy us losing?

Laughable.

At times I bloody wonder ........ Its one thing being a 'happy clapper' but you're not trying to tell me that there are folk posting on this forum who never have anything positive to say, so much so that its almost as if they are wishing calamity on us so they can revel in it.

cabbageandribs1875
01-05-2016, 06:29 PM

Laughable.

incredible :agree: i guarantee there's not one hibs fan happy at a defeat ffs

Since90+2
01-05-2016, 06:29 PM
At times I bloody wonder ........ Its one thing being a 'happy clapper' but you're not trying to tell me that there are folk posting on this forum who never have anything positive to say, so much so that its almost as if they are wishing calamity on us so they can revel in it.

Now I think about it you are probably right.

Hibs fans on here who doubt our ability to win 3 play off ties will enjoy us getting beat if that happens and we have another year in the Championship. Definitely.

Makes sense when you think about it.

Jonnyboy
01-05-2016, 06:30 PM

Laughable.

I don't but there are definitely some who will take great joy in telling us all how they were right to relentlessly pedal their negativity

flash
01-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Was Henderson injured? I couldn't see anything wrong with him and he ran off pretty normally, if you have any info please say so instead of just a random statement with nothing backing it up.

I suppose we all imagined him hobbling about the park after the game then.

J-C
01-05-2016, 06:38 PM

I honestly didn't see that, hence why I'm asking if he was injured as it would explain why he was taken off, the poster just made a quip about a physio and nothing more.

Big_Franck
01-05-2016, 06:47 PM

There is a good chance those posters are jambo trolls. We got a new batch after we ended their season in February and we really shouldn't allow them to influence our thinking. Ignore the beasts.

NAE NOOKIE
01-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Now I think about it you are probably right.

Hibs fans on here who doubt our ability to win 3 play off ties will enjoy us getting beat if that happens and we have another year in the Championship. Definitely.

Makes sense when you think about it.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSznsPhhnyH1ePvay3kXhpqQ1jm09olJ PvkF1FsbEA0SdiQr7HRmA

Ged
01-05-2016, 07:03 PM
I don't but there are definitely some who will take great joy in telling us all how they were right to relentlessly pedal their negativity

Aye, but they hope they're wrong. In the meantime they'll bore us to tears.

Penicuik Hibee
01-05-2016, 07:20 PM
We can do it. But won't be easy. Since the January transfer window, Raith have won 10 more points than anyone else in the championship.

flash
01-05-2016, 07:25 PM
I honestly didn't see that, hence why I'm asking if he was injured as it would explain why he was taken off, the poster just made a quip about a physio and nothing more.

No worries he was definitely limping.

bigwheel
01-05-2016, 07:31 PM

Well, he certainly wasn't agreeing with being taken off...he was asking Doolan why he was taken off as he walked off the pitch..so not sure he was injured enough to stop him continuing..

hibs0666
01-05-2016, 07:36 PM

Well you're not paying attention.