PDA

View Full Version : Game on Hibs TV

beastie
01-05-2016, 10:12 AM
Hello folks,

Mostly one for our overseas viewers but just wondering who's been using what browser for the live streams?

Have used mostly Firefox during this season and in seasons past, and for the most part has been good.

But this season I've found regularly that although the stream keeps going the quality of the video drops in and out.

Anyone else having the same issues? Or is there a better browser to use.

Thanks in advance ;)

Cheers,
Stew.
GGTTH

mutley
01-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Hello folks,

Mostly one for our overseas viewers but just wondering who's been using what browser for the live streams?

Have used mostly Firefox during this season and in seasons past, and for the most part has been good.

But this season I've found regularly that although the stream keeps going the quality of the video drops in and out.

Thanks in advance ;)

Cheers,
Stew.

GGTTH

As far as I'm aware, the quality drops automatically if your broadband gets slower, seems to be the preferred option rather than having constant good quality and then buffering. I have used Hibs TV overseas on a laptop and Macbook, and always seems fine.

Hope that helps

PeeJay
01-05-2016, 10:24 AM
Hello folks,

Thanks in advance ;)

Cheers,
Stew.
GGTTH

I use Google on my Windows platform (generally no problems) on my iMac I use Safari - no problems either ... no matter what platform you are on I think Internet Explorer is a no-no, not sure about Edge ... I'm only in Berlin BTW, I reckon the signal may be puggled by the time it gets down to you in Perth ...:greengrin

The Green Goblin
01-05-2016, 10:25 AM
I use Chrome on an ipad and it works brilliantly.

Velma Dinkley
01-05-2016, 10:33 AM
I tried to subscribe but it wouldn't accept my bank card details

beastie
01-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Thanking you.

Will give Chrome a belt then.

Local speeds are ok. Doing a 'trace route' it did seem a couple of hops were a bit on the slow side. Fingers crossed Chrome does the job ;)

Cheers muchly.
GGTTH

Ardenttwo
01-05-2016, 10:37 AM
I use Chrome on an ipad and it works brilliantly.
Will be in Turkey so would like to get any live games. What's the process Do I take HIbs TV for a month and will I get live games with this

beastie
01-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Will be in Turkey so would like to get any live games. What's the process Do I take HIbs TV for a month and will I get live games with this

That's pretty much it.

Don't know if u have to cancel before the months up though as mine is just recurring.

Ardenttwo
01-05-2016, 10:52 AM
That's pretty much it.

Don't know if u have to cancel before the months up though as mine is just recurring.
Do I click on Google Chrome get Hibernian website then from that Hibs TV. Login and that's it Is that the process

beastie
01-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Do I click on Google Chrome get Hibernian website then from that Hibs TV. Login and that's it Is that the process

Yeh.

Just get to Hibs TV page and you'll have a register option. You'll need card or Paypal details I think to make your purchase. Select the monthly option, but as I said before I'm not sure if you have to cancel before that month is up as it might renew automatically.

Think that about covers it.

Others might add if I've missed anything.

Cheers.

Ardenttwo
01-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Yeh.

Just get to Hibs TV page and you'll have a register option. You'll need card or Paypal details I think to make your purchase. Select the monthly option, but as I said before I'm not sure if you have to cancel before that month is up as it might renew automatically.

Think that about covers it.

Others might add if I've missed anything.

Cheers.
Thanks for that much appreciated Will go ahead and subscribe

Green&White
01-05-2016, 11:12 AM
I was planning on going to game but 3 year old has taken ill so cant now. going to sign up for hibs tv and use a VPN. can i sign up without VPN and then use vpn once signed in to get video stream??

cheers in advance

norwayhibs
01-05-2016, 11:13 AM
Has the stream started yet, getting no audio or video here

norwayhibs
01-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Has the stream started yet, getting no audio or video here

Started now:aok: :gwa:

KWJ
01-05-2016, 11:31 AM
I use chrome. Live games always seems okay but when I watch full match replays it can be a little nippy with quality.

HoboHarry
01-05-2016, 12:20 PM
I've had good quality all season until today - buffering all over the place.....

CMac1988
01-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Chrome on Windows 10 and then select 'HD' Video Quality rather than auto. Had no issues all season whether abroad or using a, ahem VPN...

beastie
01-05-2016, 12:28 PM
Good shout about Chrome earlier folks.

Flawless stream so far here in Oz ;)

Shame about the lack of goals!

California-Hibs
01-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Google Chrome, and always works brilliantly in superb HD quality with completely zero lag. LOVE the service!!

GreenLake
01-05-2016, 01:34 PM
If I get problems, update Flash if it needs it, restart computer, reboot cable modem/router as a last resort.

superfurryhibby
01-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Safari on ipad, using "free VPN". No charge and no registration for the VPN. Works nicely.