PDA

View Full Version : Lap of honour

hibbysam
01-05-2016, 07:51 AM
Will there be a lap of honour today with it being our last home league game?

Can't remember if they had one last year or not as we have the play off games coming up.

DH1875
01-05-2016, 07:54 AM
Why would they do a lap of honour when the season isn't over and we have at least on more home game :confused:

Scouse Hibee
01-05-2016, 07:54 AM
Hope not, the season isn't over and we have nothing to be honoured yet.

O'Rourke3
01-05-2016, 07:56 AM
Didn't last year at this stage and don't expect one until (maybe )the final home game.

hibbysam
01-05-2016, 07:56 AM
Why would they do a lap of honour when the season isn't over and we have at least on more home game :confused:

Because as much as its called a 'lap of honour' it's never really done in 'honour' it's mostly done as a thank you to the fans for the support, and with the fact the next 'home game' may result in us staying in this league, I doubt the club would do one on the back of that.

SJM
01-05-2016, 08:09 AM
No danger. There's no honour in our position until we go up regardless.

Eyrie
01-05-2016, 08:36 AM
I wouldn't call it a lap of honour when we'll either be third or just scrape second on goal difference.

A lap of appreciation for our support would be a better term.

Callum_62
01-05-2016, 08:45 AM
I wouldn't call it a lap of honour when we'll either be third or just scrape second on goal difference.

A lap of appreciation for our support would be a better term.

or finish 2nd by 3 points

either way, clap the fans and get off and ready ourselves for the play offs

Leithenhibby
01-05-2016, 08:45 AM
Because as much as its called a 'lap of honour' it's never really done in 'honour' it's mostly done as a thank you to the fans for the support, and with the fact the next 'home game' may result in us staying in this league, I doubt the club would do one on the back of that.

They do that most games anyway :wink:

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/

Nicho87
01-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Only if its meant for rangers

Just Jimmy
01-05-2016, 08:52 AM
They can do it after the season. Let's us see the playoffs and Scottish cup trophies once more.

This isn't the final day. The season is just beginning today. Let's smash it. Come on Hibernian!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Alfred E Newman
01-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Will there be a lap of honour today with it being our last home league game?

Can't remember if they had one last year or not as we have the play off games coming up.

Please no regardless of the outcome!

green day
01-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Laps of honour, Guards of honour - all pish and should be ignored in all but exceptional circumstances.

..................like winning the scottish cup :wink:

HibsNutter
01-05-2016, 10:16 AM
All for it at the last home game of every season, which isn't going to be today. Just a chance for the players to show their appreciation to the fans and vice versa, regardless of where we finish.

Eyrie
01-05-2016, 03:17 PM
All for it at the last home game of every season, which isn't going to be today. Just a chance for the players to show their appreciation to the fans and vice versa, regardless of where we finish.

They clapped us and we clapped them anyway.

Let's hope we're doing so again on May 24.

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Pity Petrie, Dempster and Farmer couldn't also have popped out so we could all celebrate finishing 3rd in the Championship together.

Kojock
01-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Pity Petrie, Dempster and Farmer couldn't also have popped out so we could all celebrate finishing 3rd in the Championship together.

Dearie me, leave the dismissive replies until the seasons finished.

SON OF PADDY
01-05-2016, 03:55 PM

Deary me !!
The boys tried their best today,
Ok we didn't finish 2nd !!
We move on together " bring on the rovers " ggtth.

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2016, 03:57 PM
OK. Put it another way. We could have all celebrated finishing 15th in Scotland.

Kojock
01-05-2016, 04:28 PM
OK. Put it another way. We could have all celebrated finishing 15th in Scotland.

Who did you see celebrating finishing 3rd or 15th? We still have a chance to progress lets just leave it at that.

CropleyWasGod
01-05-2016, 04:49 PM
You pinched that from Simon Pia, or he from you :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

green day
01-05-2016, 04:52 PM
You pinched that from Simon Pia, or he from you :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Used to teach me back in the day.

Has turned into a total buffoon who seems to believe that Farmer has stolen a bucketload of cash from us.

HibsNutter
01-05-2016, 04:53 PM

Understand why you'd make cheap shots are Farmer and Petrie, but Dempster has been a breath of fresh air. Weird.

Steve20
01-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Understand why you'd make cheap shots are Farmer and Petrie, but Dempster has been a breath of fresh air. Weird.

She hasn't made a **** of things like Petrie, but if we don't get through this brutal schedule coming up and get promoted, I'd hardly say she's been a breath of fresh air. It's results on the pitch that count and if we're in this league again next season, her choice of manager will have failed.

SON OF PADDY
01-05-2016, 05:03 PM

Take it " that's you finished " for the season ?

SON OF PADDY
01-05-2016, 05:16 PM
She hasn't made a **** of things like Petrie, but if we don't get through this brutal schedule coming up and get promoted, I'd hardly say she's been a breath of fresh air. It's results on the pitch that count and if we're in this league again next season, her choice of manager will hav
e failed.

Your opinion ?
Personly I think your talking mince.

Thecat23
01-05-2016, 05:18 PM

Who's celebrating?

Pete
01-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Who's celebrating?

The Saviles (including the ones on here) :agree:

s.a.m
01-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Used to teach me back in the day.

Has turned into a total buffoon who seems to believe that Farmer has stolen a bucketload of cash from us.

Reminds me a bit of an elderly chap I used to come across on the 27 bus. He was angered (to put it mildly) by the amount of trees on the route, and he blamed Margaret Thatcher for this: "Aye - it's 'Maggie in Blunderland' that did this. BLOODY TREES EVERYWHERE AND I KNOW WHATS GOING ON!!". Apparently she was single-handedly responsible for a massive proliferation of trees, and she was using our money to pay for it. The first few times I had this conversation, I tried to gently reason with him - while Thatcher might be to blame for many things, surely the council were responsible for tree planting, and anyway, folk like trees? I fairly soon gave up and just agreed with him, because a person with a bee in their bonnet can't be persuaded, no matter how irrational it might be, and whatever evidence there is to the contrary.

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Who's celebrating?

I'm looking around me after the game today. Thousands of people applauding a squad that has finished behind Falkirk and yes 15th in Scotland.

Reminds me of when we got beat 0-7 from Malmo and we didn't feel that we should have sacked our manager that same night.

If we are not careful then this acceptance of mediocrity might become institutionalised.

hibbysam
01-05-2016, 05:32 PM
I'm looking around me after the game today. Thousands of people applauding a squad that has finished behind Falkirk and yes 15th in Scotland.

Reminds me of when we got beat 0-7 from Malmo and we didn't feel that we should have sacked our manager that same night.

If we are not careful then this acceptance of mediocrity might become institutionalised.

We won 2-0 today, with a massive game on Wednesday now, what would you rather we do? Boo them and shout abuse??

Pete
01-05-2016, 05:33 PM

There's that phrase again.

People were behaving like football supporters, not supermarket customers

Giro Playboy
01-05-2016, 05:37 PM

If we are not careful then this acceptance of mediocrity might become institutionalised. Im furious at finishing behind Falkirk as well but i dont think booing them off the park today will help them through the play offs

For the record if i had my way Fenlon wouldnt have reached the Malmo game. He would have been emptied after the 2012 cup final

Kojock
01-05-2016, 05:37 PM

Try and look at it from the glass half full perspective. Two cup finals and still in with a chance of promotion. Stay away from any sharp objects tonight Tory

Northernhibee
01-05-2016, 05:38 PM

The thing is, if you put all the leagues together we would have finished miles higher than 15th, wouldn't we? The issue wasn't the bigger games - in fact the only premiership team to beat us this season was Ross County. We've competed with anti-football for an entire year - it's how Greece became European champions by sitting in and hoping to win by the odd goal. If anti-football was really easy to beat then Greece would never have won the Euros.

We've beaten lots of big teams this season and potentially have what could become one of the greatest weeks to ever be a Hibee ahead. They deserve our support and they put in a good effort today.

You can either help roar them over the finish line or not. There's no middle ground now - everyone has to be right behind them and we could be looking at some special, special moments ahead if it all goes well.

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2016, 05:40 PM
We won 2-0 today, with a massive game on Wednesday now, what would you rather we do? Boo them and shout abuse??

Never booed a Hibs team in my life. I just walked quietly out, hands in pockets. Nothing to cheer as far as I could see.

hibbysam
01-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Never booed a Hibs team in my life. I just walked quietly out, hands in pockets. Nothing to cheer as far as I could see.

Who cheered? The players and fans applauded, a side which has lost one game at home all season, including cup ties. I think they were more than deserving of applause going off today, at the start of a monumental month for the club!

greenlex
01-05-2016, 05:53 PM
You are Simon Pia arent you?

Lee
01-05-2016, 06:06 PM

Are you suggesting that when a few of the players started to applaud the supporters, we should have collectively dingy`d them, put our hands in our pocket and ignored them?

From where I was standing, players were heavily involved in initiating the applause, and I for one will always commend the players when they acknowledge the crowd positively

Lee
01-05-2016, 06:11 PM
I'll never accept mediocrity, btw (3rd isn't on, but its about promotion and not league position after 36 games, so I'll reserve final judgement on the season till it finishes).

Rangers got a trophy and reward for finishing 13th too....bet they wish theyd finished higher up, like 12th or 11th ;)

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Are you suggesting that when a few of the players started to applaud the supporters, we should have collectively dingy`d them, put our hands in our pocket and ignored them?

From where I was standing, players were heavily involved in initiating the applause, and I for one will always commend the players when they acknowledge the crowd positively

Fair dos mate and all others. Just my own opinion that a lap of 'honour' was misguided given the outcome of the season so far.

Lee
01-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Fair dos mate and all others. Just my own opinion that a lap of 'honour' was misguided given the outcome of the season so far.

Yeah, do agree completely a lap of honour at this stage is daft, but it was good to see the players acknowledge the supporters.

Just hope the players acknowledge the response back and we can get through these bloody play offs, then we can talk about laps of honour again :)

Viva_Palmeiras
01-05-2016, 06:49 PM

Re your comments around where we are In Scotland - What a load of tosh - there was no possibility of finishing in the top 12. However the top division teams we've faced were sent home to think again.

Andy74
01-05-2016, 11:25 PM
Re your comments around where we are In Scotland - What a load of tosh - there was no possibility of finishing in the top 12. However the top division teams we've faced were sent home to think again.

One of them went home with a trophy though.