PDA

View Full Version : Who should be getting tickets for the final?

hibs0666
30-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Will you be singing your lungs raw to back the team from first till last? Deffo, vip queue for you for any seats you fancy.

Will you be singing when we're winning or on top of the play? Yup, good enough for me and hope you get a decent seat.

Will you be there to spectate rather than participate? Ok, if there are tickets left behind the goals when the passionate ones are all sorted out.

Will you be getting on the players backs if it's not going well? Nope, but you'll enjoy the celebrations afterwards.

Will you be hurling abuse at the players you don't rate when the teams are announced or any random time afterwards? Best stay in Edinburgh.

Since90+2
30-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Probably all of the above (not me, the support in general).

Bostonhibby
30-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Will you be singing your lungs raw to back the team from first till last? Deffo, vip queue for you for any seats you fancy.

Will you be singing when we're winning or on top of the play? Yup, good enough for me and hope you get a decent seat.

Will you be there to spectate rather than participate? Ok, if there are tickets left behind the goals when the passionate ones are all sorted out.

Will you be getting on the players backs if it's not going well? Nope, but you'll enjoy the celebrations afterwards.

Will you be hurling abuse at the players you don't rate when the teams are announced? Best stay in Edinburgh.

Really good post :thumbsup: am thinking about all the poor sods that usually find themselves caught up in the glory hunter category yet when they are at the game they usually fall into the top two groups and happily pay just to be at the big games like this one.

I have sat through some terrible finals results wise recently but will never leave early and wont abuse anyone wearing the jersey while the game is on.

hibs0666
30-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Really good post :thumbsup: am thinking about all the poor sods that usually find themselves caught up in the glory hunter category yet when they are at the game they usually fall into the top two groups and happily pay just to be at the big games like this one.

I have sat through some terrible finals results wise recently but will never leave early and wont abuse anyone wearing the jersey while the game is on.

Enjoy the game!

Bostonhibby
30-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Enjoy the game!

You didn't say we had to enjoy it! It's Hibs :greengrin

Same to you, I think we are as close to doing it as we have been since when we were cheated out of a crucial penalty in 79.

hibs0666
30-04-2016, 08:22 PM
You didn't say we had to enjoy it! It's Hibs :greengrin

Same to you, I think we are as close to doing it as we have been since when we were cheated out of a crucial penalty in 79.

We're going into this final battle hardened after the events of this season and the upcoming play offs. They ******* might as well be coming on the park in their union Jack bermuda shorts and king Billy flip flops.

This is our day.

Bostonhibby
30-04-2016, 08:39 PM
We're going into this final battle hardened after the events of this season and the upcoming play offs. They ******* might as well be coming on the park in their union Jack shirts and king Billy flip flops.

This is our day.

:agree: Where else but Scotland would anyone say they are more worried about the referee and linesmen than the opposition? that's where I think our biggest threat lies.

hibs0666
30-04-2016, 09:33 PM
:agree: Where else but Scotland would anyone say they are more worried about the referee and linesmen than the opposition? that's where I think our biggest threat lies.

We'll be fine - I've bribed them.

DH1875
30-04-2016, 09:44 PM
Have to say, the last 20mins of the celtic final are up there with my best amongst our support. We were in the north right next to the celtic fans and can still see their confused faces as they stood watching us bounce about mad and giving it lalday while their team were beating us.
Another thing I remember about that day was the amount of celtic fans that were back in Glasgow city centre before us. I was like, what the duck :confused: cause when we win it they'll need to throw me out of Hampden when they lock the gates :greengrin

OtleyHibs
30-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Have to say, the last 20mins of the celtic final are up there with my best amongst our support. We were in the north right next to the celtic fans and can still see their confused faces as they stood watching us bounce about mad and giving it lalday while their team were beating us.
Another thing I remember about that day was the amount of celtic fans that were back in Glasgow city centre before us. I was like, what the duck :confused: cause when we win it they'll need to throw me out of Hampden when they lock the gates :greengrin

The crowd that day made the result a bit easier to take, was an unbelievable show of support for a losing side. I'm sure their fans even applauded the Hibs support at one point!

That was at 3 down, what the hell will we be like when we finally win that cup!

IberianHibernian
30-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Never want to celebrate defeat but looking back on it that is when club missed a huge opportunity . Despite heavy defeat , there was a feel good factor but a huge practical problem - final was almost at end of May , Europa League in first days of July and almost no time for new signings let alone let them settle in . What happens ? Terrible defeat in Europa League , bad start in league ( bad meaning one unlucky Derby defeat ) and even though we then went on a great run in the league decisions had been made and part of support ready to pounce . Since then expensive compensation payments to ICT for Butcher and his colleagues , relegation and everything that relegation has brought us since . This summer circumstances are different whatever happens in cup and league but hopefully those in charge will make responsible decisions .

Boyle89
30-04-2016, 11:37 PM

The support was so good I honestly forgot what the score was. Me and my pal went for a chippy after the game and when we got there it was full of Celtic fans. Winning clearly means nothing to them now. If we win I wonder how long it will take for all of us to get out the stadium?

blackpoolhibs
30-04-2016, 11:45 PM
I dont care who has a ticket, because i have one and i'm alright Jack. :aok:

DH1875
01-05-2016, 12:44 AM

We know. You've already told us all about 100 times :rolleyes:

superfurryhibby
01-05-2016, 01:23 AM
The crowd that day made the result a bit easier to take, was an unbelievable show of support for a losing side. I'm sure their fans even applauded the Hibs support at one point!

That was at 3 down, what the hell will we be like when we finally win that cup!

There's some on here who felt that the Hibs fans somehow showed they accepted defeat, rather than displaying tremendous character. Fortunately, they can ram it.

Great post.

Captain Trips
01-05-2016, 06:43 AM
Best chance in my lifetime thus far, 90 mins as one regardless who you want to see start or the formation wasn't what you wanted. All negativity will be kept for players playing for The Rangers 2012.

JimBHibees
01-05-2016, 06:49 AM
There's some on here who felt that the Hibs fans somehow showed they accepted defeat, rather than displaying tremendous character. Fortunately, they can ram it.

Great post.

Agree and elements of the press were more than ready to put the boot indicating we were accepting defeat rather than showing fantastic support at a difficult time. Let's do this.

Keith_M
01-05-2016, 06:52 AM
Jeezo, not this again!

:rolleyes:

Beefster
01-05-2016, 07:09 AM
Aye, but if I sing from start to finish, why should someone who only sings a couple of times get the same opportunity to a ticket as me?

Eyrie
01-05-2016, 08:32 AM
What about those of us who are so bad at singing that the shower stops working in protest?

Crap singers should be bribed with a ticket to keep quiet before allowing the uber singers to get one.

Itsnoteasy
01-05-2016, 08:54 AM

Did you stay till the end v the hertz
I left after the 5th that was more than enough for me.

Bostonhibby
01-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Did you stay till the end v the hertz
I left after the 5th that was more than enough for me.
Yep, we were in hospitality with an hours free bar to soften the blow!

Sean1875
01-05-2016, 10:09 AM

agreed, was an incredible performance from our fans that day. couldn't believe it when I saw some Celtic fans leaving early and the amount of their fans that sprung up and left at the full time whistle straight away without even waiting to see them lift the cup or anything, couldn't imagine being part of that support.

Thecat23
01-05-2016, 10:19 AM

Really? We'd never have guessed as its not like you've posted 10 times on every single thread about tickets.