PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Mr Caldwell

Torto7062
30-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Wigan assured of Promotion...

Got to say I thought he would struggle good to see ex players progressing in the coaching world.....how's Gary O'connor doing ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
30-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Hope they go back down, cant stand Caldwell.

Lago
30-04-2016, 03:28 PM
Be prepared to be disappointed.

Torto7062
30-04-2016, 03:33 PM

Decent player for us though

MyJo
30-04-2016, 03:34 PM
He's a ****head, cant stand him.

Deansy
30-04-2016, 03:43 PM

Agreed - total w****r !!

Frazerbob
30-04-2016, 03:43 PM
I have a lot of time for Caldwell. Good pro who wasn't a bevvy merchant when many others in that team were. Great player for Scotland as well. He got a lot of stick for his pre-contract with Celtic whilst others told bare faced lies and ended up along the M8 anyway. At least GC was honest about it. Delighted he's doing well.

Scouse Hibee
30-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Yes always like to see ex players doing well.

madabouthibs
30-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Used to love watching Davie Murphy taking Caldwells diagonal punts down with a sublime first touch. 😁

HibbyAndy
30-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Used to love watching Davie Murphy taking Caldwells diagonal punts down with a sublime first touch. 

:agree:

Hiber-nation
30-04-2016, 04:22 PM
I have a lot of time for Caldwell. Good pro who wasn't a bevvy merchant when many others in that team were. Great player for Scotland as well. He got a lot of stick for his pre-contract with Celtic whilst others told bare faced lies and ended up along the M8 anyway. At least GC was honest about it. Delighted he's doing well.

Agree. Can't believe the stick he's got on here over the years for apparently being a poor captain that couldn't defend etc etc. He was excellent in Mowbray's first season and I'll always remember the way he drove us on in the game at Motherwell when we were in danger of losing out for a European place.

SJM
30-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Agree. Can't believe the stick he's got on here over the years for apparently being a poor captain that couldn't defend etc etc. He was excellent in Mowbray's first season and I'll always remember the way he drove us on in the game at Motherwell when we were in danger of losing out for a European place.

He scored a free kick 2 down at our end eh? Then Konte on his arse equalised.

We'll done Calamity. Gave us good service in his two periods at the club.

Lago
30-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Yip correct, but like many ex hibs players he seemed to attract an extraordinary level of dislike from hibs fans.

Libby Hibby
30-04-2016, 04:48 PM
He's an absolute gentleman...treated me and the boy excellently when we were down at Wigan earlier in the season.

Well done on promotion Gary.

MWHIBBIES
30-04-2016, 04:49 PM
I'll always remember him celebrating right in front of the east with his ears cupped when he scored against us, no time for him after that.

Fergus52
30-04-2016, 05:03 PM
I'll always remember him celebrating right in front of the east with his ears cupped when he scored against us, no time for him after that.

No wonder after the abuse he got in that Aberdeen game.

Yorkshire HFC
30-04-2016, 05:06 PM

Players who celebrate scoring a goal are very annoying

Golden Bear
30-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Good player and a good professional. Personally I'm delighted he seems to be flourishing in his chosen career.

Broken Gnome
30-04-2016, 05:18 PM
France. Hampden.

More than outweighs any time he came across as a ***** as a Celtic player. And was a good Hibs player in our best team of recent times.

pennyhibee
30-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Aye but Borucs made up for it :wink:

zlatan
30-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Victim to the funniest chants to come from Easter Road, day after it's in the press that he cheated on his wife with a Rangers cheerleader he was welcomed back with "hun ****ging bassa" and "what's it like tae **** a hun?" Caldwell equalises and gives the East stand the cupped ears, Boruc gifts us the winner and "Gary Gary what's the score?" was the chant until the end.

Between him and Boruc that day that 3-2 win remains one of my favourite matches at Easter Road :hilarious

Expecting Rain
30-04-2016, 08:34 PM
l have a lot of respect for GC a good honest guy and professional.

monktonharp
30-04-2016, 08:56 PM
I have a lot of disrespect for Caldwell. him, and his teammates at the back made it look so easy to score against, for the gorgie mob in that semi-final !then tries the auld giruy at ER, when he scores against us.

LancashireHibby
30-04-2016, 09:32 PM
I used to work at Wigan when he was a player there and he'd always happily have a chat about the Hibs, always kept an eye out for us. However Bolton being the league below Wigan next season isn't something I'm looking forward to.

Scouse Hibee
30-04-2016, 09:41 PM
I have a lot of disrespect for Caldwell. him, and his teammates at the back made it look so easy to score against, for the gorgie mob in that semi-final !then tries the auld giruy at ER, when he scores against us.

People who think it's okay to give a player abuse then wet their pants when they respond are pathetic.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-04-2016, 10:16 PM
No wonder after the abuse he got in that Aberdeen game.

That the game when as last man he played a square ball to the Aberdeen forward 30yds from goal?

Caldwell couldn't wait to leave and only resigned when he had no other offers. Don't get the love-in for yet another mercenary.

And the world cup 50yd diagonals were woeful.

Stokesy's on fire
30-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Well done to him. What does his brother do these days?

MWHIBBIES
30-04-2016, 11:12 PM
People who think it's okay to give a player abuse then wet their pants when they respond are pathetic.Players who are given a chance by a club then bugger off for free first chance they get are the pathetic ones IMO. He deserved all the abuse he got.

BoomtownHibees
30-04-2016, 11:16 PM

Last known to score a last minute goal at the PBS

Libby Hibby
01-05-2016, 06:24 AM

His brother is at Vancouver White Caps in the MLS

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Good to see him doing well. Wigan were on a slide.

blackpoolhibs
01-05-2016, 08:29 AM
He's a pantomime villain like most players we give stick to, who've had the cheek to better themselves by leaving us.

I wish we had a team now with the likes of him in it, punching our weight playing in the top league fighting for Europe.

JimBHibees
01-05-2016, 08:37 AM
He's a pantomime villain like most players we give stick to, who've had the cheek to better themselves by leaving us.

I wish we had a team now with the likes of him in it, punching our weight playing in the top league fighting for Europe.

Agree personally had more respect for him for being honest than other supposed huge Hibees who were less truthful about their intentions.

SJM
01-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Agree personally had more respect for him for being honest than other supposed huge Hibees who were less truthful about their intentions.

A club captain should never be revealing with 6 months left on his contract with all to play for he is leaving to join a team in our league. That was out of order.

Good luck to him though. Always performed well for us bar the odd calamity like against herts when he ran into zibbi.

MWHIBBIES
01-05-2016, 09:00 AM
Hahaha pathetic mate.Right, thanks...

blackpoolhibs
01-05-2016, 09:03 AM
A club captain should never be revealing with 6 months left on his contract with all to play for he is leaving to join a team in our league. That was out of order.

Good luck to him though. Always performed well for us bar the odd calamity like against herts when he ran into zibbi.

It would have slipped out though, surely honesty is better than talking bollox to us and taking us for mugs?

JimBHibees
01-05-2016, 09:06 AM

The story was coming out though.

SJM
01-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Fair do's and fair points.

It didn't help us one bit though at a stage of the season we had just lost big Gaz too. I'm still bitter 😄

SJM
01-05-2016, 09:10 AM
It would have slipped out though, surely honesty is better than talking bollox to us and taking us for mugs?

Aye he could have Ian Murray-d us I suppose.

Argylehibby
01-05-2016, 09:12 AM

Funny why that's held against him yet 12 months earlier Ian Murry kept quiet and got abuse for that too. Then as I've said before the two of them get pesters while Deeks did much the same, worse in my opinion in fact, and is still the hero.

All 3 did well for us and then moved on to bigger things than Hibs so can't see why we have to throw abuse at them other than when they are actually on the pitch when they play against us.

Scouse Hibee
01-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Right, thanks...

Sorry mate too strong a response,apologies for any offence taken,have deleted my post. Not nice to call people names is it.

SJM
01-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Funny why that's held against him yet 12 months earlier Ian Murry kept quiet and got abuse for that too. Then as I've said before the two of them get pesters while Deeks did much the same, worse in my opinion in fact, and is still the hero.

All 3 did well for us and then moved on to bigger things than Hibs so can't see why we have to throw abuse at them other than when they are actually on the pitch when they play against us.

Caldwell was a pantomime villain when he came back that why he got some abuse, that and he was prone to a **** up so giving abuse was part of trying to get him to baws up.

Murray got abuse for claiming he was staying and was one of our own that went for the Hun £. Much worse than Caldwell but it still gripes me he revealed his deal when we had all to play for.

since90plustwo
01-05-2016, 09:27 AM
Players who are given a chance by a club then bugger off for free first chance they get are the pathetic ones IMO. He deserved all the abuse he got.

I think he meant you cant boo and abuse a player for the entire game then when they give it back everyone gets upset. At the end of the day okay we gave him his chance then a bigger club came in offering him the chance to win trophies, play in from of 60,000 every week (at that time) and play in the champions league aswell as probably trebling his wages. Dont see anything pathetic about that in the slightest

Speedy
01-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Players who are given a chance by a club then bugger off for free first chance they get are the pathetic ones IMO. He deserved all the abuse he got.

Disagree. That's football.

That's no more pathetic than clubs punting loyal players who are not good enough.