PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV and iPad / iPhone

HibsMax
30-04-2016, 02:02 PM
Traveling and don't have my MacBook. Can't believe I've never tried this before but can you login to Hibs TV on a mobile device? I can't even log in, never mind watch / hear anything. The login button does nothing, but the "forgot details" button works.

blackpoolhibs
30-04-2016, 02:05 PM
Traveling and don't have my MacBook. Can't believe I've never tried this before but can you login to Hibs TV on a mobile device? I can't even log in, never mind watch / hear anything. The login button does nothing, but the "forgot details" button works.

Are you wanting to wtch the game, because its on tomorrow max?

Off the bar
30-04-2016, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=HibsMax;4665064]Traveling and don't have my MacBook. Can't believe I've never tried this before but can you login to Hibs TV on a mobile device? I can't even log in, never mind watch / hear anything. The login button does nothing, but the "forgot details" button works.[/QUO.

Once you've typed in your username and password hit enter in the password box not the log in button.

HibsMax
30-04-2016, 02:08 PM
Right, but I can't even login to the site. I know I'm a little early but checking things out before I get up at the crack of dawn. :)

HibsMax
30-04-2016, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=HibsMax;4665064]Traveling and don't have my MacBook. Can't believe I've never tried this before but can you login to Hibs TV on a mobile device? I can't even log in, never mind watch / hear anything. The login button does nothing, but the "forgot details" button works.[/QUO.

Once you've typed in your username and password hit enter in the password box not the log in button.

Bingo! Thanks. The login button must be a distraction.

GreenLake
30-04-2016, 02:10 PM
HibsTV works with Flash so no iPhone or iPad will work with it. Unless something has changed of late.

Off the bar
30-04-2016, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=Off the bar;4665071]

Bingo! Thanks. The login button must be a distraction.

Yeah first time I tried it on the iPad I was angrily bashing the login button and swearing when my wife picked up the iPad and first time logged in for me, rolled her eyes and went back to her book!

HibsMax
30-04-2016, 02:18 PM
HibsTV works with Flash so no iPhone or iPad will work with it. Unless something has changed of late.

I'm hoping something has changed. I can watch the Dumbarton highlights but that is probably just a video rather than flash.

HibsMax
30-04-2016, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=HibsMax;4665074]

Yeah first time I tried it on the iPad I was angrily bashing the login button and swearing when my wife picked up the iPad and first time logged in for me, rolled her eyes and went back to her book!

That's hilarious.

GreenLake
30-04-2016, 02:24 PM
I'm hoping something has changed. I can watch the Dumbarton highlights but that is probably just a video rather than flash.

I hope it works!

Off the bar
30-04-2016, 02:26 PM
I hope it works!

It works fine now, I watched the Dumbarton game on it, as well as several others this season

The Green Goblin
30-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Works brilliantly on my ipad. HD pic. The trick to signing in is not to click "login" on the site, but to press "Return" on the popup keyboard you use to type the info.

HibsMax
30-04-2016, 02:32 PM
Works brilliantly on my ipad. HD pic. The trick to signing in is not to click "login" on the site, but to press "Return" on the popup keyboard you use to type the info.

Thanks GG. Now I can wake up tomorrow safe in the knowledge that I'll be able to watch Hibs through my hangover.

Tom Hart RIP
30-04-2016, 02:44 PM
I can't log in via the log in button however if I watch a preview video then after 20 seconds it asks for log in details and I can get in that way.

Nitten Hibee
30-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Can anyone recommend a free vpn to use on an iphone?

Sproule Three
30-04-2016, 09:55 PM
Can anyone recommend a free vpn to use on an iphone?
I use Tunnelbear.
Free but only limited data - 500MB I think .
very cheap to upgrade though .
lt was enough data for me to watch second half of cup tie v Inverness which was shown on BBC

Andy74
30-04-2016, 10:05 PM
I use Tunnelbear.
Free but only limited data - 500MB I think .
very cheap to upgrade though .
lt was enough data for me to watch second half of cup tie v Inverness which was shown on BBC

Mind you can turn it off once connected.

Sproule Three
01-05-2016, 01:19 AM
Mind you can turn it off once connected.

Can uou? Never knew that. I often use it to watch highlights on the BBC website but iirc it stopped working once when I tried that.

AZhibee
01-05-2016, 04:21 AM

Watch most games on iPad or iPhone without a problem at all. Screen a bit small on phone but can tell what is going on. Strange riding in a car in the middle of the Arizona desert watching live football from Easter Road on my phone.

GreenLake
01-05-2016, 05:25 AM

I tried it more than once on my travels and it failed but it could have been hotel throttling to limit video bandwidth hogging. I thought it was the lack of Flash because that's what it uses on Mac computers with OS X.

HibsMax
01-05-2016, 01:33 PM
No problems today although couldn't see why it was a red card instead of a yellow.

Andy74
01-05-2016, 11:28 PM
Can uou? Never knew that. I often use it to watch highlights on the BBC website but iirc it stopped working once when I tried that.

That might be different. Most of the live feeds such as Hibs TV are okay once you get the location established initially.