PDA

View Full Version : Players for next season

Earl of Currie
30-04-2016, 02:01 PM
See Dundee Utd have released Robbie Muirhead , supposed to be the next big thing a few years ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36172361

Would he be worth a punt ?

Who else should Hibs be looking to pick up for next year

Big_Franck
30-04-2016, 02:14 PM
I've always like Tansey from Inverness. He can take a free kick as well which we lack at the moment IMO.

He'll probably be out of our price range now (not sure about his contract situation though) but i'd love to see us sign Greg Stewart from Dundee.

I wouldn't say no to Ryan Christie on loan from Celtic either. He's not had a sniff at Celtic and would benefit from playing games regularly.

What we'll need most though is a keeper and two full backs.

Aldo
30-04-2016, 02:23 PM
I've always like Tansey from Inverness. He can take a free kick as well which we lack at the moment IMO. He'll probably be out of our price range now (not sure about his contract situation though) but i'd love to see us sign Greg Stewart from Dundee. I wouldn't say no to Ryan Christie on loan from Celtic either. He's not had a sniff at Celtic and would benefit from playing games regularly. What we'll need most though is a keeper and two full backs.

Tansey is an excellent player! You will however find Stewart at Der Hun!!

Lago
30-04-2016, 05:01 PM
Totally depends on what league hibs are in, if its another season in a poor 2nd tier then it will be journey men, if promoted may be able to attract some better players, but lets be honest Scottish football needs to pick up over all in quality, it's pretty poor fare just now.

HibsNutter
30-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Totally depends on what league hibs are in, if its another season in a poor 2nd tier then it will be journey men, if promoted may be able to attract some better players, but lets be honest Scottish football needs to pick up over all in quality, it's pretty poor fare just now.

On what evidence? Those days are over, we've signed better players in this league than we had in the PL for years before.

We may not sign players the quality of McGinn, Fyvie etc if we stay down, but we certainly won't be signing journeymen.

Tyler Durden
30-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Paul Dixon from Dundee Utd would be an improvement on Stevenson IMO. Or at least some good competition to push Lewis on.

Andy74
30-04-2016, 05:07 PM
On what evidence? Those days are over, we've signed better players in this league than we had in the PL for years before.

We may not sign players the quality of McGinn, Fyvie etc if we stay down, but we certainly won't be signing journeymen.

Like Dagnall for example?

We've got most signings right but we can't say the days of signing what we might call journeymen are over just yet.

HibsNutter
30-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Like Dagnall for example?

We've got most signings right but we can't say the days of signing what we might call journeymen are over just yet.

Our fifth choice striker (if all fit). The core of our squad will not be filled with journeymen.

hibeesjoe
30-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Don't understand the Dagnall bashing. He has never had a chance. Everytime he comes on his work rate is tremendous and he never stops.

bingo70
30-04-2016, 05:18 PM
See Dundee Utd have released Robbie Muirhead , supposed to be the next big thing a few years ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36172361

Would he be worth a punt ?

Who else should Hibs be looking to pick up for next year

Exactly a Hibs type signing from recent seasons.

I'd be amazed if we weren't at least considering him, I reckon he'll either join us next season or at least start pre-season training with us.

Andy74
30-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Our fifth choice striker (if all fit). The core of our squad will not be filled with journeymen.

He has become that. He was signed, played, didn't score now hardly used.

I'm not saying he is without his merits but he would be up there alongside other players that people would happily refer to as journeymen.

hibs#1
30-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Exactly a Hibs type signing from recent seasons.

I'd be amazed if we weren't at least considering him, I reckon he'll either join us next season or at least start pre-season training with us.
Isn't there big question marks over his attitude at United
Still supposedly very talented

Eyrie
30-04-2016, 06:29 PM
Don't understand the Dagnall bashing. He has never had a chance. Everytime he comes on his work rate is tremendous and he never stops.

As I've commented before, that only makes him James Collins without the occasional goal.

Fergus52
30-04-2016, 06:30 PM
I've always like Tansey from Inverness. He can take a free kick as well which we lack at the moment IMO.

He'll probably be out of our price range now (not sure about his contract situation though) but i'd love to see us sign Greg Stewart from Dundee.

I wouldn't say no to Ryan Christie on loan from Celtic either. He's not had a sniff at Celtic and would benefit from playing games regularly.

What we'll need most though is a keeper and two full backs.

Henderson is great from a dead-ball. But since arriving Stokes hasn't let him take a free kick, despite not scoring in 6 or 7 attempts.

hibeesjoe
30-04-2016, 06:30 PM
As I've commented before, that only makes him James Collins without the occasional goal.

James Collins played every week though and he was Pish.

SJM
30-04-2016, 06:31 PM
Paul Dixon from Dundee Utd would be an improvement on Stevenson IMO. Or at least some good competition to push Lewis on.

Dixon is well better a left back than Lewis.

Eyrie
30-04-2016, 06:34 PM

So the only difference I left out was that Collins played more often.

I've seen nothing from Dagnall's brief appearances to suggest that he is a goal threat who deserves more playing time, and given that he isn't even a regular from the bench I'd suspect Stubbs has seen nothing in training to suggest that either.

hibeesjoe
30-04-2016, 06:39 PM
So the only difference I left out was that Collins played more often.

I've seen nothing from Dagnall's brief appearances to suggest that he is a goal threat who deserves more playing time, and given that he isn't even a regular from the bench I'd suspect Stubbs has seen nothing in training to suggest that either.

If Stubbs sees nothing in training then he shouldn't have bothered signing him. I think he just needs a goal to get him started. If Stokes was like him then there would be uproar

SunshineOnLeith
30-04-2016, 06:44 PM

But his work rate was tremendous and he never stopped.

hibeesjoe
30-04-2016, 06:48 PM
But his work rate was tremendous and he never stopped.

Collins played every week and Dagnall doesn't, that's my point. If Dagnall was getting 90mins every week and not scoring then I wouldn't defend him. I just don't get why people slate him if he doesn't get any game time.

northstandhibby
30-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Inverness player Marley Watkins and Paul Dixon of DUFC would be good additions.

CallumLaidlaw
30-04-2016, 07:50 PM
Inverness player Marley Watkins and Paul Dixon of DUFC would be good additions.

Dunno if Inverness could sell us Watkins. He signed for Barnsley last summer [emoji23][emoji23]

northstandhibby
30-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Dunno if Inverness could sell us Watkins. He signed for Barnsley last summer [emoji23][emoji23]

Had no idea he had signed for Barnsley. Cheers.

Andy74
30-04-2016, 08:11 PM
Collins played every week and Dagnall doesn't, that's my point. If Dagnall was getting 90mins every week and not scoring then I wouldn't defend him. I just don't get why people slate him if he doesn't get any game time.

He gets no game time now because he didn't score goals when he did.

hibeesjoe
30-04-2016, 08:11 PM
He gets no game time now because he didn't score goals when he did.

How much game time has he had though. Lucky if he has started 2 games

HoboHarry
30-04-2016, 08:25 PM
The thread was started to discuss potential new players and its already developed to a discussion about how bad a current player is. :rolleyes:

keep the faith
30-04-2016, 08:47 PM
A spl coup we should consider would be Ryan Gould. If we are still in the championship then big Jordan white from Livi would be a useful signing.

Eyrie
30-04-2016, 10:25 PM
How much game time has he had though. Lucky if he has started 2 games
As much as he has earned based on his displays in training and in games, which is clearly less than Stubbs expected when Dagnall was brought here to replace Anier.

The thread was started to discuss potential new players and its already developed to a discussion about how bad a current player is. :rolleyes:
But the lesson we can take from discussing Dagnall is that a player who looks good elsewhere may not work out for us. That can be applied to Muirhead, although I'm aware you only wanted him brought in for a look rather than actually signed.

Think that's us back on topic!

hibeesjoe
30-04-2016, 10:42 PM
As much as he has earned based on his displays in training and in games, which is clearly less than Stubbs expected when Dagnall was brought here to replace Anier.

But the lesson we can take from discussing Dagnall is that a player who looks good elsewhere may not work out for us. That can be applied to Muirhead, although I'm aware you only wanted him brought in for a look rather than actually signed.

Think that's us back on topic!

Well that's a big downer on Stubbs decisions. Why bring in a player Stubbs obviously fancied just to not play him.

jamieross
30-04-2016, 11:07 PM
A spl coup we should consider would be Ryan Gould. If we are still in the championship then big Jordan white from Livi would be a useful signing.

Werent we rumoured to be looking at him ion loan in Jan?

MWHIBBIES
01-05-2016, 12:41 AM
Stephen Mallan would be interesting, been impressed with him when we've played the buddies.

Centre Hawf
01-05-2016, 02:11 AM
Would like to see us pick up Muirhead. I reckon our strike force will be cleaned out and rebuilt. No stokes, Dagnall, Farid, potentially no Cummings? Someone like Muirhead would tick boxes in terms of potential to blossom under Stubbs. Especially if we face a second season down here. Hes not cut it at Dundee United so would struggle to see where he would fit in with us if we go up however.

Other players i'd like to see are McGovern at Hamilton, Mallen from St Mirren, Blair Alston, Craig Sibbald,or Will Vaulks from Falkirk all show potential and again could kick on a level under Stubbs. Alston is out of contract so could be easier to grab.

LustForLeith
01-05-2016, 08:22 AM
One player i like the look of who I've seen this season is Nicky Caddis as Airdire. Young winger type. Not sure if he's Championship quality just yet but could be a real talent