PDA

View Full Version : Albert Kidd Day Fast Approaching

Keith_M
30-04-2016, 06:53 AM
The 30th Anniversary is on Tuesday.

Here's an Interview (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/dundee/interview-albert-kidd-30-years-after-breaking-hearts-1-4115076) with the great man himself.

Hibernia&Alba
30-04-2016, 06:58 AM
Tuesday will be his thirtieth anniversary. The great man deserves a statue in Leith :greengrin

One Day
30-04-2016, 08:53 AM
Arise Sir Albert

GreenLake
30-04-2016, 09:17 AM

Here's an Interview (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/dundee/interview-albert-kidd-30-years-after-breaking-hearts-1-4115076) with the great man himself.

That was a good read. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
30-04-2016, 09:21 AM

Good read.

Interesting to note Hearts fans faecal obsession predates smearing their own ***** on walls at ER.

buktapurple79
30-04-2016, 09:22 AM
CANNOT WAIT for work on Tuesday - the Yams will be hating the Unmerry month of May, Sir Albert Kidd Day (30th anniversary special edition no less), we win 'their' cup (last three wins financially VERY tainted), and we will be up to do them at least four times in the SPL. Niiiice!

Hi Heid Yin
30-04-2016, 10:23 AM
What a brilliant read. That fateful, unforgettable day is as fresh in my memory now as it was in 1986.
The biggest and I mean THE BIGGEST! bottle job of all time was carried out by that jambo side on that sunny afternoon in May.
To do it once was bad enough but twice ( yes, they did it back 1965 as well) is unthinkable.
To deflect attention from the utter humiliation of it all, jambos have conjured up the term "Hibsed it", which is laughable, absurd, hollow and desperate.
Every man and his dog knows that "jambottled-it" is the only accurate term to use when a team, with the league championship title in its grasp with minutes to go, capitulates and lets glory slip out of its sweaty, panicking hands.
:flag:

superfurryhibby
30-04-2016, 10:32 AM
I wonder if the undercover usual suspcts will contribute to this thread, given they are all over everything else?

Thanks for the memories Sir Albert. Anyone wanting a bit of Ak musical inspiration should check out The Suns of Albert album on bandcamp. A musical tribute to the great man from some talented Hibees boys

Keith_M
30-04-2016, 11:30 AM
I was one of the few hardy souls at ER (Att: 3,513) on May 3rd '86 to watch what should have been a drab, end of season affair with no atmosphere to speak of.

I for one am forever grateful to Hearts for making it one of the most atmospheric matches I've ever been to.

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
30-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Celtic tearing Hearts a new one as an anniversary present thus far.

1-0 up with another wrongly ruled out. Men against boys at the moment.

Galahibby
30-04-2016, 12:08 PM
I was one of the few hardy souls at ER (Att: 3,513) on May 3rd '86 to watch what should have been a drab, end of season affair with no atmosphere to speak of.

I for one am forever grateful to Hearts for making it one of the most atmospheric matches I've ever been to.

I was at that game too, crazy last few minutes. Didn't realise how crap a crowd it had been - it wasn't all that unusual back then. Does that qualify me to get a cup final ticket?? :wink:

ACLeith
30-04-2016, 12:14 PM
I was at that game too, crazy last few minutes. Didn't realise how crap a crowd it had been - it wasn't all that unusual back then. Does that qualify me to get a cup final ticket?? :wink:

IIRC we took a throw in and the place erupted. My 8 year old son asked me what was so special about the throw!!! Ah the innocence of youth 😀

fat freddy
30-04-2016, 12:35 PM
I'd be interested to know the Hibs team that day? The match is often spoken about so I'm curious about our line up. Personally, I never went, I took a day trip to the borders to get away from the inevitable gloating. I arrived back in Leith at around 8pm, drove into my street and my brother came charging out of the house screaming and shouting about Hearts blowing it. I had no idea, I'd kept a radio blackout all day as I was so convinced they'd win the league. My brother went on to form the Albert Kidd Supporters Branch which consisted of a painted bed sheet and a series of fake bus departure times in the For The Fans column of the Evening News. Happy Days

Big L
30-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Celtic tearing Hearts a new one as an anniversary present thus far.

1-0 up with another wrongly ruled out. Men against boys at the moment.

What about the yams booing Craig Gordon! He is one of their own and he also got them a £10,000,000 transfer fee and the A holes are giving him s--t, you couldn't make that up.

scm70nyd1973
30-04-2016, 06:32 PM

I was one as well - had a season ticket but lived in Aberdeen and travelled down (in these days I never missed the first and last games of the season) I have many memories of that bizarre but glorious day and so glad I went !

I remember the train carriage that I was in drawing up side by side with one full of that mob on their way to Dundee. Total abuse quickly followed and all I could do is think to myself how funny it would be if it didn't happen for them but realising that it was really a hopeless situation - how wrong I was.

To this day and until I pop I would love to see these guys again - maybe the 1980s Cilla Black show (sadly without her in it) called 'Surprise Surprise' will make a comeback and me and these guys could be a first time feature !

Bostonhibby
30-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Good read.

Interesting to note Hearts fans faecal obsession predates smearing their own ***** on walls at ER.

Tynecastle toothpaste.

Bostonhibby
30-04-2016, 07:44 PM
What about the yams booing Craig Gordon! He is one of their own and he also got them a £10,000,000 transfer fee and the A holes are giving him s--t, you couldn't make that up.

:agree: Especially pleasing as that was cash that went straight into the Lithuanian bank account that Mad Vlad used to launder all their share money as well.

FranckSuzy
30-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Tynecastle toothpaste.

:faf:

FranckSuzy
30-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Did anyone listen to the Hertz v Celtc game today on Sportsound? At HT they talked about an upcoming programme on Tues about Sir Albert Kidd/Dundee's achievements that day and of course, poor Hertz not getting the one, yes ONE point they required. I was driving through to Glasgow, crying with laughter as John Colquhoun et al bemoaned their predicament that day :rotflmao:

Waxy
30-04-2016, 10:59 PM

:greengrinI was at ER that day also. Losing to Dundee utd but everyone went nuts. It really was unexpected at the time.