PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CUP FINAL TICKET FEEDBACK

RSS Bot
29-04-2016, 05:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6450)

Nicho87
29-04-2016, 05:14 PM
So overall, thanks for your loyalty over the course of a season being a walk up and thats that.

hibs0666
29-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Do you want a medal or are you on the wind up?

Pete
29-04-2016, 05:22 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6450)

Fair enough regarding the second wave threshold. :agree:

Waxy
29-04-2016, 05:23 PM
What about the "Rangersfansbuyticketstogetonourdatabase" question?

adhibs
29-04-2016, 05:24 PM
Hope there maths adds up and no one whos been attending misses out.

Golden Bear
29-04-2016, 05:25 PM
When you think about it, it's amazing we survived the pre loyalty points era.

Quite astounding in fact.

Pete
29-04-2016, 05:30 PM
So overall, thanks for your loyalty over the course of a season being a walk up and thats that.

Now you can sit with your mates even if they are day trippers.

I can see where they are coming from and it's not as if you won't get a ticket if you try on the opening day.

MagicSwirlingShip
29-04-2016, 05:31 PM
Where were all the supporters struggling for Final tickets at the Semi? Thousands of empty seats as we had been on a bad run. Maybe supporters who bought a Semi Ticket (providing they weren't already a season ticket holder already) could've been factored into phase one of sales?

I do feel for the fans who aren't Season Ticket holders who have attended away games all over the country and built up lots of points mind you.

But, you can't please everyone. Hopefully this encourages people to sign up for a Season Ticket for next Season, we need to increase our core home support.

SJM
29-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Where were all the supporters struggling for Final tickets at the Semi? Thousands of empty seats as we had been on a bad run. Maybe supporters who bought a Semi Ticket (providing they weren't already a season ticket holder already) could've been factored into phase one of sales?

I do feel for the fans who aren't Season Ticket holders who have attended away games all over the country and built up lots of points mind you.

But, you can't please everyone. Hopefully this encourages people to sign up for a Season Ticket for next Season, we need to increase our core home support.

Pretty ignorant like, there will be thousands at the semi that will be in a position of being worried about not getting a final ticket.

easty
29-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Pretty ignorant like, there will be thousands at the semi that will be in a position of being worried about not getting a final ticket.

Correct.

I think everyone who should get a ticket probably will get a ticket, but if just one person, who's a non-ST but who has built up a number of loyalty points this season, misses out, then it's going to be pretty out of order.

Hermit Crab
29-04-2016, 06:00 PM
If folk that were at the semi miss out because of day trippers then that's out of order. I actually really dislike day trippers. They're the ones who scream the most abuse when the team isn't winning because they haven't been watching us all season turn up expecting big things from Hibs.

MagicSwirlingShip
29-04-2016, 06:00 PM

That's why I made the point that perhaps the club could have factored that into Phase One? We have previously given priority to Semi Final Ticket holders for Finals, although that might have been the League / CIS cup?

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2016, 06:01 PM
Correct.

I think everyone who should get a ticket probably will get a ticket, but if just one person, who's a non-ST but who has built up a number of loyalty points this season, misses out, then it's going to be pretty out of order.
:agree:

IMHO, there should be more scope for non ST holders with loyalty points to get a ticket before it's opened up to others.

wookie70
29-04-2016, 06:02 PM
Good to hear the clubs side of the story but I think there is a halfway house. I doubt it would make any difference to the timescales and may make it easier for some groups.The first wave should include walk ups who have achieved the amount of points a half season ticket is worth. The second wave should be restricted to those who had a client number before the arrangements were announced. That gives walk ups who have been to a good number of games the reward they deserve and also stops the possibility of any The Rangers fans buying tickets.

chasitup
29-04-2016, 06:02 PM
That's why I made the point that perhaps the club could have factored that into Phase One? We have previously given priority to Semi Final Ticket holders for Finals, although that might have been the League / CIS cup?

So because some folk went to one game they should be given priority for the final? I really don't know what else the club were supposed to do to be fair to them.

pacoluna
29-04-2016, 06:04 PM
It seems to be non sticket holders that are not happy here.... No matter what Hibs had done regarding tickets there was always going to be disappointment.

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2016, 06:05 PM
So because some folk went to one game they should be given priority for the final? I really don't know what else the club were supposed to do to be fair to them.

Why should someone who had 150 points go in the bun fight with someone with 5 points?

chasitup
29-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Why should someone who had 150 points go in the bun fight with someone with 5 points?

Exactly my point.

MagicSwirlingShip
29-04-2016, 06:09 PM

IMHO, there should be more scope for non ST holders with loyalty points to get a ticket before it's opened up to others.

The loyalty point system has been a big let down. Surely the whole point of implementing it was to reward the most loyal fans for the big games. As it stands were just back to Season Ticket holders > everyone else. Exactly what we had before?

I can see the clubs point about Group Sales, but it's not as if people aren't going to go if they can't sit with there mates?

The Semi attendance was a big let down for me, and those who attended and weren't Season Ticket holders should have been considered for Phase One in my opinion

MagicSwirlingShip
29-04-2016, 06:13 PM

I hear you. I think if we're scrapping the loyalty points (which seems to be the case) then Semi ticket holders should've been considered. Although to make the fair it should've been advertised before the Semi Final. Which obviously wasn't done.

So we are where we are. Buy a Season Ticket, get a Cup Final ticket. Loyalty Points - farce!

Hermit Crab
29-04-2016, 06:16 PM
I hear you. I think if we're scrapping the loyalty points (which seems to be the case) then Semi ticket holders should've been considered. Although to make the fair it should've been advertised before the Semi Final. Which obviously wasn't done.

So we are where we are. Buy a Season Ticket, get a Cup Final ticket. Loyalty Points - farce!

Its not being scrapped yet. It will be modified afaik. Club were never going to turn down this marketing opportunity though.

SunshineOnLeith
29-04-2016, 06:16 PM

It's not a bun fight, though. If they both bother to buy a ticket reasonably soon after they go on sale they'll both get one.

Super_JMcGinn
29-04-2016, 06:18 PM
The loyalty point system has been a big let down. Surely the whole point of implementing it was to reward the most loyal fans for the big games. As it stands were just back to Season Ticket holders > everyone else. Exactly what we had before?

I can see the clubs point about Group Sales, but it's not as if people aren't going to go if they can't sit with there mates?

The Semi attendance was a big let down for me, and those who attended and weren't Season Ticket holders should have been considered for Phase One in my opinion
Why should anyone who went to the semi be entitled to 1 over anyone who went to the Dumbarton game midweek? The club have explained why they did it, no one who has been going regularly this season will miss out. And a few who have only went to 1 or 2 games will get 1 as well.

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2016, 06:20 PM
It's not a bun fight, though. If they both bother to buy a ticket reasonably soon after they go on sale they'll both get one.

Not everybody can buy a season ticket, which is exactly why they are walk ups who support the team when they can afford it/are free from other commitments.

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2016, 06:21 PM

Exactly, it seems that the loyalty scheme is irrelevant for this, which begs the question why do we have a loyalty scheme if not for games like cup finals?

Hermit Crab
29-04-2016, 06:22 PM
Why should anyone who went to the semi be entitled to 1 over anyone who went to the Dumbarton game midweek? The club have explained why they did it, no one who has been going regularly this season will miss out. And a few who have only went to 1 or 2 games will get 1 as well.

Because thats at show it used to be. If you made the effort to go to a televised early kick off semi you were guaranteed a final ticket, all you had to do was keep your ticket stub. It takes a lot more effort to get to Hamden for 12:15 on a Saturday or Sunday than it does to mosey on down to Easter rd on a Tuesday or Wednesday night. That's why they should get one.

By the way, judging by the attendance on Tuesday you'll be lucky if 100 people paid at the gate. It was mostly season ticket holders there on Tuesday.

MagicSwirlingShip
29-04-2016, 06:23 PM

Because it was a Semi Final of the same competition? And it would've boosted the Semi Sales if advertised correctly beforehand?

SteveHFC
29-04-2016, 06:24 PM
If folk that were at the semi miss out because of day trippers then that's out of order. I actually really dislike day trippers. They're the ones who scream the most abuse when the team isn't winning because they haven't been watching us all season turn up expecting big things from Hibs.

This. 10/10. :aok:

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2016, 06:25 PM

Is that guaranteed? If not there was no point whatsoever in the system, all season and especially since tynecastle when we beat St Johnstone, we've heard all the jibes about all the day trippers coming out of the woodwork for that cup final and this.

Well this will make sure of that, MAYBE to the detriment of people who have actually been to some games?

I dont agree with a loyalty system, it takes away some benefits of the season ticket holder. This way giving season ticket holders first dibs and then the rest is how i think its should be done.

But there was a loyalty system in place, and people have put good money into this believing they would be further up the list of folk who dont go much.

They are not, and will rightly feel conned.

wookie70
29-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Folks who go to more than half the games in a season as walk ups deserve at least an equal right to buy early as half season ticket purchasers in my view. They may have even given the bulk of that money to the club earlier and that money may be more than the cost of a half season ticket.

marinello59
29-04-2016, 06:27 PM

So an extra time consuming, costly and superfluous layer of administration would make you feel better then?
We're in a cup final, the second one this season, that's loyalty rewarded right there.

1987kev
29-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Imo the club have done this hoping people buy season tickets for next season to cover the club if we don't go up. Great idea for the club but rubbish for some of the supporters.

Super_JMcGinn
29-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Because it was a Semi Final of the same competition? And it would've boosted the Semi Sales if advertised correctly beforehand?
I don't think there is as much merit in going to see your team in the semi final of the cup as turning out to see them on a cold wet night against Dumbarton. I think there should have been more waves but the club have explained why there isn't. They have catered for the bread and butter supporter which no one can argue with.

MagicSwirlingShip
29-04-2016, 06:30 PM
So an extra time consuming, costly and superfluous layer of administration would make you feel better then?
We're in a cup final, the second one this season, that's loyalty rewarded right there.

A different perspective! Haha class

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2016, 06:31 PM

If you don't get a ticket, despite being a walk up many times, whilst losing out to someone who has been to one game, your loyalty isn't being rewarded. As we have a loyalty scheme in place, I can't understand why it wouldn't be implemented for the cup final.

Pete
29-04-2016, 06:36 PM
As we have a loyalty scheme in place, I can't understand why it wouldn't be implemented for the cup final.

Without sounding wide, the statement explains why it isn't being implemented using more layers.

Super_JMcGinn
29-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Is that guaranteed? If not there was no point whatsoever in the system, all season and especially since tynecastle when we beat St Johnstone, we've heard all the jibes about all the day trippers coming out of the woodwork for that cup final and this.

Well this will make sure of that, MAYBE to the detriment of people who have actually been to some games?

I dont agree with a loyalty system, it takes away some benefits of the season ticket holder. This way giving season ticket holders first dibs and then the rest is how i think its should be done.

But there was a loyalty system in place, and people have put good money into this believing they would be further up the list of folk who dont go much.

Do you seriously think people have gone to a game to accrue points? I would have thought their main aim was to watch their team. I think you just like moaning about the club in general, you certainly seem to do a lot of it. I remember you had a go at one of the ticket office girls attitude, I bet they're glad you don't go often.

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Without sounding wide, the statement explains why it isn't being implemented using more layers.

True, but I think it's a mistake. Either use the loyalty scheme we have or scrap it.

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Do you seriously think people have gone to a game to accrue points? I would have thought their main aim was to watch their team. I think you just like moaning about the club in general, you certainly seem to do a lot of it. I remember you had a go at one of the ticket office girls attitude, I bet they're glad you don't go often.

There was someone who posted he'd bought tickets for some games and not gone just to get the points. I purchased an away ticket for Morton when it was cancelled and did not request a refund.

So yes there's two who have purchased to accrue points.

And you have never complained about sloppy service before? :rolleyes:

RoYO!
29-04-2016, 06:41 PM

Yes but it's a bit weak imo. Sticking in a wave for people with over 100/150(?) points after the ST wave is not exactly earth shattering. Could have even just had a 24hr window. Would have made people feel thanked for their support rather than bitter.

Yes they may still be able to get a ticket but lumped in with everyone else is not the way I'd have gone.

Fwiw I have a ST this season and next.

Jonnyboy
29-04-2016, 06:42 PM

I'm no fan of day trippers either but you're at the same games as me, especially away from ER, and you must see these seriel abusers - same guys every time. They're not day trippers so it's not just that 'category' of fan that deserves to be 'hated'

On the subject of the tickets, the club has stated its reasoning and it seems fair enough given the particular circumstances. From memory, the biggest compaint on here for the semi final allocation was that folk wouldn't be able to sit with their mates. That appears to me to have been addressed.

Anyway, you're a Jambo so what do you care? :greengrin

wookie70
29-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Yes but it's a bit weak imo. Sticking in a wave for people with over 100/150(?) points after the ST wave is not exactly earth shattering. Could have even just had a 24hr window. Would have made people feel thanked for their support rather than bitter.

Yes they may still be able to get a ticket but lumped in with everyone else is not the way I'd have gone.

Fwiw I have a ST this season and next. If you have 100 points that is more than a half season would give you so you should be in Wave 1. No more admin and reward for loyalty and putting money into the club

Onion
29-04-2016, 06:47 PM

Hibs are damned whatever they do, but I agree with this.

HibbySpurs
29-04-2016, 06:47 PM
To be honest I think people have to remember Hibs are business and need to balance the needs of their customers (us) with the need to make the club as successful as possible.

In that note as my kids are getting older I had been toying with getting my St back after an 8 year hiatus and my kids as well, what I've seen this season, getting a cup final ticket for all three of us and the reinstatement of the payment plan was enough to tip me over the edge and I have now signed up and looking forward to being back at every home game next season already.

Job done by Hibs.

Not everyone will be happy and I've already got my tin hat on but there has to be a line somewhere and imvho the club have it about right.

RoYO!
29-04-2016, 06:52 PM
To be honest I think people have to remember Hibs are business and need to balance the needs of their customers (us) with the need to make the club as successful as possible.

In that note as my kids are getting older I had been toying with getting my St back after an 8 year hiatus and my kids as well, what I've seen this season, getting a cup final ticket for all three of us and the reinstatement of the payment plan was enough to tip me over the edge and I have now signed up and looking forward to being back at every home game next season already.

Job done by Hibs.

Not everyone will be happy and I've already got my tin hat on but there has to be a line somewhere and imvho the club have it about right.

Apart from plugging loyalty points for goodness knows how long then pulling the initiative (more or less) before the season is even done. Doesn't seem right to me. And like I say I'm sorted for tickets so this isn't coming from a self preservation point of view.

lucky
29-04-2016, 06:54 PM
The club have done the right thing here, they've explained how they reached the decision. The points system will be used in the play off games. 21000 tickets means everyone who wants a ticket will get one.

HibbySpurs
29-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Apart from plugging loyalty points for goodness knows how long then pulling the initiative (more or less) before the season is even done. Doesn't seem right to me. And like I say I'm sorted for tickets so this isn't coming from a self preservation point of view.

Yeah to be fair I do think an additional teir is probably justified, someone with 100 loyalty points does deserve a ticket more than someone with 10 tbh.

In reality being at the game will be more important than sitting right next to all your mates to many people, after all they can travel together then God willing party together after.

Cheshire Hibby
29-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Correct.

Hopefully I will get a ticket and not be the loyalty point holder with a reasonable point count that misses out. The loyalty point system has worked well for me with tickets to LCSF and LCF. I was at the SCSF as well so no complaints but I would be gutted to miss out on a SCF ticket.

I had to buy tickets through Kilmarnock to be at 2007 LCF, buy Hibs hospitality at the 2012 SCF and was not able to get a ticket for 2013 final, so the points system is/was attractive to me.

I have 175 points albeit 100 points through HSL scheme, have attended 9 games so far this season home and away, 2 Wednesday night ER games, £200 or so of ticket costs, bought £400 of direct shares, paid £225 to HSL, travelled approx 4600+ miles (Roughly 9 tanks of fuel at say £65 per tank) and bought roughly £75 of goods in the club store. I'll also be at as many of the play off games as possible.

Apparantly my contribution/commitment and of those like me who attend several games, buy shares, support HSL, buy club merchandise is valued equally with those who may attend for the first time this season on Sunday. Ridiculous in the extreme.

I agree that ST's get first hit at all high demand games and have no problem with that. They are the core support at every game but there should have been a higher point requirement for wave 2 sales.

Clearly Instead of more shares and individual ticket purchases which contribute more cash to the club I should consider buying a ST to prove my loyalty. GGTTH

tamig
29-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Good to hear the clubs side of the story but I think there is a halfway house. I doubt it would make any difference to the timescales and may make it easier for some groups.The first wave should include walk ups who have achieved the amount of points a half season ticket is worth. The second wave should be restricted to those who had a client number before the arrangements were announced. That gives walk ups who have been to a good number of games the reward they deserve and also stops the possibility of any The Rangers fans buying tickets.

I keep seeing mentions of hun infiltrators buying tickets. I can't say I've seen any hard evidence of this in the past. Where is this idea coming from? A load of speculative nonsense imo.

hibee_girl
29-04-2016, 07:08 PM
The club have done the right thing here, they've explained how they reached the decision. The points system will be used in the play off games. 21000 tickets means everyone who wants a ticket will get one.

Exactly, they didn't have to say anything.

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2016, 07:08 PM
I keep seeing mentions of hun infiltrators buying tickets. I can't say I've seen any hard evidence of this in the past. Where is this idea coming from? A load of speculative nonsense imo.

It would be a recipe for disaster. I'd rather watch on telly than sit amongst the Huns.

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2016, 07:13 PM
The club have done the right thing here, they've explained how they reached the decision. The points system will be used in the play off games. 21000 tickets means everyone who wants a ticket will get one

I hope you're right about that. 21,000 for a Scottish Cup final makes me wonder whether some deserving fans will indeed miss out, due to the ticket arrangements.

Alfred E Newman
29-04-2016, 07:16 PM

Surely you are not suggesting that supporters went to away matches in order to accumulate loyalty points.
After reading the clubs statement is seems quite obvious to me that if we had not been involved in play off matches and the need to sell tickets for those games the club would have had the same points system in place as they had for the league cup final.
However, why miss an opportunity to criticise the club.

Carheenlea
29-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Hibs know they have goosed this up.
Not everyone is in a position to take a ST, and many fans will walk up and pay game to game as often as they can. Along with season ticket holders, these are the supporters the club could be relying on next season should we still be in the lower leagues. To disregard these supporters in the manner they have with this ticketing arrangement has been foolhardy, and not what we have come to expect during Leean Dempster's tenure.
Had they not muddied the waters with HSL members acquiring points and subsequent nonsense about how else to allocate points without attending games, I imagine it would have been very straight forward indeed to provide a window for the regular walk up supporter to purchase their tickets.

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Hibs know they have goosed this up.
Not everyone is in a position to take a ST, and many fans will walk up and pay game to game as often as they can. Along with season ticket holders, these are the supporters the club could be relying on next season should we still be in the lower leagues. To disregard these supporters in the manner they have with this ticketing arrangement has been foolhardy, and not what we have come to expect during Leean Dempster's tenure.
Had they not muddied the waters with HSL members acquiring points and subsequent nonsense about how else to allocate points without attending games, I imagine it would have been very straight forward indeed to provide a window for the regular walk up supporter to purchase their tickets.

:top marks

lucky
29-04-2016, 07:26 PM
I hope you're right about that. 21,000 for a Scottish Cup final makes me wonder whether some deserving fans will indeed miss out, due to the ticket arrangements.

There's a thread on here already about people not going cos it Rangers and don't want to take their kids.

trev the hat
29-04-2016, 07:26 PM
If Hibs don't change the setup that allows Huns to buy tickets with ease in our end I'll be annoyed, disappointed & sad.
Surely we can deal with this ??

trev the hat
29-04-2016, 07:28 PM

Don't kid yourself, imagine us in their pathetic shoes ?
We would get tickets, they should not be available

tamig
29-04-2016, 07:29 PM
If Hibs don't change the setup that allows Huns to buy tickets with ease in our end I'll be annoyed, disappointed & sad.

How will they buy tickets with ease for our end? Or you on the wind-up?

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2016, 07:31 PM
There's a thread on here already about people not going cos it Rangers and don't want to take their kids.

I definitely wouldn't take kids to this game, but that's a separate issue. There isn't a perfect system for ticket allocation, but I think another wave of sales for walk ups with loyalty points would have been the route to follow. Yes, the club have given their reasons for the arrangements chosen, but it's just my opinion.

Super_JMcGinn
29-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Not a chance will they be in our end, wasn't there a similar thread saying they would be in our end at the recent game at ER? that never happened and christ knows there was plenty of room for them.

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Not a chance will they be in our end, wasn't there a similar thread saying they would be in our end at the recent game at ER? that never happened and christ knows there was plenty of room for them.

There were definitely Celtic fans dotted around our end in 2013, though I don't know how that came about.

Super_JMcGinn
29-04-2016, 07:39 PM
There were definitely Celtic fans dotted around our end in 2013, though I don't know how that came about.

But they would have considered themselves welcome by some of our misguided celtic loving supporters.

Beefster
29-04-2016, 07:40 PM
It must be incredible draining for Dempster to know that every time she needs to make a tough call, she's going to be inundated with folk whinging like **** about it. Even when she takes the time to explain it, it makes no odds.

Billy Whizz
29-04-2016, 07:40 PM

If you buy a ticket for a Category B game, you can buy a ticket for a Category A game

trev the hat
29-04-2016, 07:44 PM

They will be in our end that's for sure, when Stokes fires in from 10yrds if any person next to you isn't bouncing, launch the bovril 😉

ronaldo7
29-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Its not being scrapped yet. It will be modified afaik. Club were never going to turn down this marketing opportunity though.

The trouble with the system is that Hibs have been modifying it since it started. Piss up in a brewery springs to mind.

Billy Whizz
29-04-2016, 07:52 PM
The trouble with the system is that Hibs have been modifying it since it started. Piss up in a brewery springs to mind.

Who's managing it at Hibs end?

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2016, 07:56 PM

Terry Butcher? :greengrin

ronaldo7
29-04-2016, 08:03 PM

The wheel tappers and shunters committee.

trev the hat
29-04-2016, 08:04 PM
How will they buy tickets with ease for our end? Or you on the wind-up?

No wind up & would expect a block to the existing setup asap.

matty_f
29-04-2016, 08:11 PM
"What about rewarding my loyalty?!"
"Do you go a lot?"
"No, not when we're losing, might lose, or even if we might not win, and only if the weather's nice and there's nothing else on the telly, and only if they drop the prices, ken. Stopped going regularly under Miller when we were pish and never beat Hearts."
"You'll want a reward for going a couple of times and that, though, aye?"
"Aye, obviously and I'll be ****ing RAGING about it if there's even a suggestion that my loyalty might not be recognised even if it doesn't make any difference to me anyway. "

matty_f
29-04-2016, 08:12 PM
It must be incredible draining for Dempster to know that every time she needs to make a tough call, she's going to be inundated with folk whinging like **** about it. Even when she takes the time to explain it, it makes no odds.

:top marks: A lot of the time the whinging' from folk that it has zero impact on, as well.

Big_Franck
29-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Firstly, credit to the club for putting out a statement on this. That would have been very unlikely in previous years, and if one had been issued those in charge probably would have made matters ten times worse.

Having said that I don't think anything contained in that statement justifies lumping supporters with 200, 250, 300 loyalty points in to the same ticket wave as those with a single loyalty point who haven't attended a game in the last two years.

They seemed to have come across a ticket wave system that worked well for the semi final so I've no idea why they changed it. Just because you have another wave of ticket sales doesn't mean the total length of the sales needs to extend. For example, there's no real need to have 8 days between the first and second waves as they are planning for the final.

Anyway, I'm sick of this discussion now as Hibs clearly aren't going to do anything to improve the situation for regular attenders or to address the risk of the rangers fans getting tickets in our end.

trev the hat
29-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Firstly, credit to the club for putting out a statement on this. That would have been very unlikely in previous years, and if one had been issued those in charge probably would have made matters ten times worse.

Having said that I don't think anything contained in that statement justifies lumping supporters with 200, 250, 300 loyalty points in to the same ticket wave as those with a single loyalty point who haven't attended a game in the last two years.

They seemed to have come across a ticket wave system that worked well for the semi final so I've no idea why they changed it. Just because you have another wave of ticket sales doesn't mean the total length of the sales needs to extend. For example, there's no real need to have 8 days between the first and second waves as they are planning for the final.

Anyway, I'm sick of this discussion now as Hibs clearly aren't going to do anything to improve the situation for regular attenders or to address the risk of the rangers fans getting tickets in our end.

They've tried to allow supporters to purchase tickets together with family / friends etc after feedback while at the same time not recognising the implications & potential abuse of the system. All with good intent but never an easy outcome.
Inevitably it will be devisive

CallumLaidlaw
29-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Jeezo, are people not fed up with the pointless arguments yet? We're in a flippin' cup final. Can we not just enjoy the build up? Everyone with at least 1 point will get a ticket.

We also have some big games coming up soon. Maybe we should focus our energies on that now the club have had to come out and clarify their decision.

SJM
29-04-2016, 08:29 PM
Correct.

Totally mate.

matty_f
29-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Jeezo, are people not fed up with the pointless arguments yet? We're in a flippin' cup final. Can we not just enjoy the build up? Everyone with at least 1 point will get a ticket.

We also have some big games coming up soon. Maybe we should focus our energies on that now the club have had to come out and clarify their decision.

Bored to death with it. Sucks all the fun out of cup final!

trev the hat
29-04-2016, 08:41 PM
now the club have had to come out and clarify their decision.

Callum, wait until we hopefully get to a play off final @ ER

hibsdaft
29-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Excellent statement from the Club. Personally I thought there should have been a 90+ Loyalty Points Wave, but the statement definitely provides a valid counter to that argument. Onwards we march. :flag:

RoYO!
29-04-2016, 08:49 PM

Seems to be an easy solution to that mate. Maybe this isn't the thread for you! ;)

matty_f
29-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Seems to be an easy solution to that mate. Maybe this isn't the thread for you! ;)

Easier said than done. Loyalty point chat seeps into loads of threads! :greengrin

RoYO!
29-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Easier said than done. Loyalty point chat seeps into loads of threads! :greengrin

True true :)

Alfred E Newman
29-04-2016, 09:12 PM

Spot on.
The club are on a hiding to nothing no matter what they do and all the bickering is mostly from the usual suspects. Considering we struggle to get 7 or 8 thousand along to important league games now it is baffling how people are now fighting over 21000 tickets.

Waxy
29-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Spot on.
The club are on a hiding to nothing no matter what they do and all the bickering is mostly from the usual suspects. Considering we struggle to get 7 or 8 thousand along to important league games now it is baffling how people are now fighting over 21000 tickets.

Your baffled why people are fighting over 21000 tickets? I'll give you a clue. Rearrange these words.Final Cup Scottish.

Brooster
30-04-2016, 08:09 AM
I find it incredible that non season ticket holders have the audacity to go on and on about this. The self entitlement is amazing. Well done Hibs.....look after season ticket holders then let the part timers fight it out for the remaining few tickets.

Since90+2
30-04-2016, 08:14 AM
I find it incredible that non season ticket holders have the audacity to go on and on about this. The self entitlement is amazing. Well done Hibs.....look after season ticket holders then let the part timers fight it out for the remaining few tickets.

You've completely missed the point. It's not about season ticket holders.

Surprisingly Hibs only expect 10,000 tickets to be sold in the first wave so according to them it won't be the "remaining few tickets".

NYHibby
30-04-2016, 08:16 AM
Your baffled why people are fighting over 21000 tickets? I'll give you a clue. Rearrange these words.Final Cup Scottish.

Final Scottish Cup? As in this is the last Scottish Cup ever and they are permanently ending the competition?

TonyStokeprano
30-04-2016, 08:18 AM

Think most people are more annoyed with the fact any rangers fan can buy a kids ticket for Sunday and have as good a chance as any non season ticket hibs fan. If that's not an issue to you then fair enough

Brooster
30-04-2016, 08:20 AM
You've completely missed the point. It's not about season ticket holders.

FWIW Hibs only expect 10,000 tickets to be sold in the first wave.
What is the point? As far as I can see Hibs have categorised the fans in to 2 groups....Season Ticket holders and non season ticket holders. This has has caused uproar in the non season ticket holder ranks. Some of whom want a medal and a cup final ticket for turning up at a gew games.

green day
30-04-2016, 08:21 AM
Think most people are more annoyed with the fact any rangers fan can buy a kids ticket for Sunday and have as good a chance as any non season ticket hibs fan. If that's not an issue to you then fair enough

No they aren't.

Since90+2
30-04-2016, 08:22 AM
What is the point? As far as I can see Hibs have categorised the fans in to 2 groups....Season Ticket holders and non season ticket holders. This has has caused uproar in the non season ticket holder ranks. Some of whom want a medal and a cup final ticket for turning up at a gew games.

It's already been debated to the death what the point is so you can have a read back through the threads if you wish.

Like I said Hibs only expect 10k to go in the first wave so the remaining few tickets will be about half of the allocation.

Brooster
30-04-2016, 08:27 AM
It's already been debated to the death what the point is so you can have a read back through the threads if you wish.

Like I said Hibs only expect 10k to go in the first wave so the remaining few tickets will be about half of the allocation.

Haha. I would expect more than 10k to go in the first wave.

hibsitis
30-04-2016, 08:29 AM
Big own goal from the club here. Emphasising the difficulties involved in organizing ticket sales doesn't excuse organising sales for the club's benefit rather than the fans. Just because something is difficult doesn't mean you don't do it. Emphasising the difficulty is a desperate rationale and an insult to those of us who bought into the loyalty scheme and contributed to the club's finances attending umpteen games over the season. To be forced into a lottery with those with one point on the basis of making it easier for groups to buy together and ease the pressure on the ticket office is insulting and stupid.

Since90+2
30-04-2016, 08:29 AM
Haha. I would expect more than 10k to go in the first wave.

According to Leeann Dempster they expect around 10k to go in the first wave.

green day
30-04-2016, 08:31 AM
Big own goal from the club here. Emphasising the difficulties involved in organizing ticket sales doesn't excuse organising sales for the club's benefit rather than the fans. Just because something is difficult doesn't mean you don't do it. Emphasising the difficulty is a desperate rationale and an insult to those of us who bought into the loyalty scheme and contributed to the club's finances attending umpteen games over the season. To be forced into a lottery with those with one point on the basis of making it easier for groups to buy together and ease the pressure on the ticket office is insulting and stupid.

Yawn.......

Frazerbob
30-04-2016, 08:34 AM

OK, I'll bite. I'm pretty sure there hasn't been one single post saying ST holders shouldn't get first dibs, not one. The issue is with people who have amassed hunners of loyalty points, some more than half ST holders, getting the same chance of a ticket as somebody who subscribes to Hibs TV or has been to one game in the last 18 months. The loyalty points system essentially being made redundant for the very game it was introduced for is the problem....but then you that.

hibsitis
30-04-2016, 08:36 AM
Yawn.......

And your point is.....

green day
30-04-2016, 08:38 AM
The loyalty points system essentially being made redundant for the very game it was introduced for

To be honest, I thought loyalty points were introduced for games with very limited tickets - like away at Ibrox or tynecastle.

When 21000 tickets are available, it's entirely different.

In my opinion.

green day
30-04-2016, 08:40 AM
And your point is.....

My point is, this chat is boring, been done to death, and the same futile arguments are being made over and over.

Move on.

Frazerbob
30-04-2016, 08:42 AM
To be honest, I thought loyalty points were introduced for games with very limited tickets - like away at Ibrox or tynecastle.

When 21000 tickets are available, it's entirely different.

In my opinion.

Fair comment but surely it's for any game where demand exceeds supply. A lot of folk also concerned with getting a decent seat as well. Personally, as long as I'm in the stadium I don't really care where I sit (front few rows excepted)

Waxy
And over the next few years, the same people who are gloating about being a season ticket holder will be debating just how we turn the serial non attenders into season ticket holders.Huh? Doubt many will forget being treated like this from Hibs and alot of smug hibbys.

lucky
FFS the club have explained that with resources they have it was not possible to have lots of different waves of ticket sales. The cup final ticketing arrangement is a massive effort for the club add in at least 2 play off games more likely 6. The staff will be run of their feet. Hibs scaled back non playing staff a few years back. The system is place is the same as was for previous cup finals with the exception of 1 point category. It just shows there is value in being a ST member after all.

Blaster
30-04-2016, 08:45 AM
FFS the club have explained that with resources they have it was not possible to have lots of different waves of ticket sales. The cup final ticketing arrangement is a massive effort for the club add in at least 2 play off games more likely 6. The staff will be run of their feet. Hibs scaled back non playing staff a few years back. The system is place is the same as was for previous cup finals with the exception of 1 point category. It just shows there is value in being a ST member after all.

Spot on

Frazerbob
30-04-2016, 08:47 AM

To be fair, I think most folk are just looking for one additional wave.

Pretty Boy
30-04-2016, 08:48 AM

Exactly.

People need to remember that as of tomorrow PM we could have nearly 4000 tickets to sell for a game on Wednesday, the same day cup final briefs go on sale. There's then a home tie to play and potentially another midweek tie to be dealt with with only a few days notice, again just as the 2nd wave of tickets for the final go on sale. The logistics of this are a bit of a nightmare for Hibs and it has to be managed.

Hibs will have worked this out as best they can and I'll wager that of those in the first 2 waves the number who miss out will be minimal to non existent. If it doesn't go to general sale then tough imo. People have had plenty time to get on the database and buy a ticket properly since the loyalty scheme was introduced.

green day
30-04-2016, 08:50 AM
Doubt many will forget being treated like this from Hibs and alot of smug hibbys.

Another excuse to add to the list of reasons why some are not going to Easter road.

- Petrie
- Farmer
- Now loyalty points

It laughable actually.

Heedersnvolleys
30-04-2016, 08:56 AM
What I don't get about the statement is if the club think there is enough tickets for everyone and they want to accommodate groups then surely they could have another wave and just say all groups will be dealt with on the last wave. Does not make sense to me as surely groups will be made up of ST holders, high points holders, low points holders and day trippers (enter sarcastic smiley) so they have already split groups up?????

I have ST for this year and next so I am OK jack(enter another sarcastic smiley;-) )

matty_f
30-04-2016, 08:59 AM
Another excuse to add to the list of reasons why some are not going to Easter road.

- Petrie
- Farmer
- Now loyalty points

It laughable actually.

:agree: loyal as ****.

green day
30-04-2016, 09:00 AM
What I don't get about the statement is if the club think there is enough tickets for everyone and they want to accommodate groups then surely they could have another wave and just say all groups will be dealt with on the last wave. Does not make sense to me as surely groups will be made up of ST holders, high points holders, low points holders and day trippers (enter sarcastic smiley) so they have already split groups up?????

I have ST for this year and next so I am OK jack(enter another sarcastic smiley;-) )

So all non groups go in wave 1 and 2, and groups (including st holders and high points people) in wave 3?????

I don't think that would work at all, and clearly that's another reason to limit the waves to 2.

SJM
30-04-2016, 09:04 AM

For years some supporters feel they have been taken for granted just turning up whilst the club made horrendous decision after horrendous decision leading to where we are now. The club have done a lot to improve this over the last couple of years but have taken two massive steps back with the decision to bump regular walk ups with loyalty points regardless of the reasons, supporters are the lifeblood and should come first.

Heedersnvolleys
30-04-2016, 09:08 AM
So all non groups go in wave 1 and 2, and groups (including st holders and high points people) in wave 3?????

I don't think that would work at all, and clearly that's another reason to limit the waves to 2.
Why? If the club seriously think there is enough tickets for everyone then it should work. I think they know that there is not enough tickets.

green day
30-04-2016, 09:09 AM
regular walk ups

How many are they?

Not many in evidence from my seat, nor when they announce the attendance.

Exceptions? Maybe the hearts game and the odd Huns game.

That's why STs are rewarded.

I would accept your rationale if we were regularly getting 1-2000 over STs.........but it ain't happening.

Heedersnvolleys
30-04-2016, 09:12 AM

Or ST renewals are that low that ST holders buying 2 x tickets is not going to make that much of a difference????

RoYO!
30-04-2016, 09:17 AM
What I find fairly amusing is that people are bickering about people bickering.

Frazerbob
30-04-2016, 09:18 AM

No they're not, ridiculous statement!

matty_f
30-04-2016, 09:18 AM

:greengrin

Skol
30-04-2016, 09:19 AM
Three waves:

1 - seasons
2 - Loyalty over a set number, lets say 200 but could be anything
3 - 1 or more loyalty points

Three waves and would sell 21k tickets and reward those that deserve a ticket

Anyway given we had less than 7k on Tuesday why the fuss. Those that are not showing up but wanting cup final tickets piss me off right now....but there are some with a reasonable walk up record and they should be given priority over those that have only been to Ross County Final

Waxy
30-04-2016, 09:20 AM

Cant always blame the supporters.

trev the hat
30-04-2016, 09:27 AM
People have had plenty time to get on the database and buy a ticket properly since the loyalty scheme was introduced.

This won't have gone unnoticed from the zombies

Waxy
30-04-2016, 09:27 AM

BoomtownHibees
30-04-2016, 09:32 AM
Folk are moaning about the day trippers not being happy but from what I see it's guys that have maybe been to the majority of games this season, both home and away, that deserve to have a chance to buy their tickets before someone who has only been to one game. That's where I feel the club have screwed up to an extent. I also totally understand from a resource point of view how busy the ticket office will potentially be over the next few weeks however I'm sure they could have managed to incorporate one extra wave of sales.

This is from an outsider looking in as I will be ok for my own tickets but do feel for those who have attended a lot of games this season and may miss out.

OsloHibs
30-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Who would think that this game is causing so much fuss on here.. They should just sell to season tickets holders only and send the rest back. It's simple really!

Beefster
30-04-2016, 09:52 AM
Three waves:

1 - seasons
2 - Loyalty over a set number, lets say 200 but could be anything
3 - 1 or more loyalty points

Three waves and would sell 21k tickets and reward those that deserve a ticket

Anyway given we had less than 7k on Tuesday why the fuss. Those that are not showing up but wanting cup final tickets piss me off right now....but there are some with a reasonable walk up record and they should be given priority over those that have only been to Ross County Final

Even if Hibs did another wave, folk who just missed the cut would still be moaning about 'getting treated the same as someone who went to one game'. There's no solution that won't have someone moaning.

Waxy
30-04-2016, 09:58 AM
Even if Hibs did another wave, folk who just missed the cut would still be moaning about 'getting treated the same as someone who went to one game'. There's no solution that won't have someone moaning.
Raise wave 2 from a point to something slightly higher? Anyway it's done now and hopefully everyone who deserves a ticket gets one. If not i'll still be screaming at the telly on final day.

lucky
30-04-2016, 09:59 AM
I wonder that those complaining that Hibs should have staggered the sale even contemplate the complexities of making decision on ticket distribution. Hibs staff could be dealing with around 60000 plus ticket sales over the next 3 weeks.

30-04-2016, 10:10 AM

easty
30-04-2016, 10:11 AM
I wonder that those complaining that Hibs should have staggered the sale even contemplate the complexities of making decision on ticket distribution. Hibs staff could be dealing with around 60000 plus ticket sales over the next 3 weeks.

I don't understand the complexities. So if you could elaborate that'd be good.

Why is it much more difficult to add another tier into the cup final ticket sales? I'm not trying to be a prick here, it's a serious question. If a non-ST phones up to buy, or tries to buy online, a ticket for the final on the first day, then thier client ref would be checked and they'd be told they couldn't buy yet. Seems simple enough to me. Client ref checked against required criteria, be it ST holder or X amount of loyalty points, simple decision made - yes you can buy today, no you can't buy today.

matty_f
30-04-2016, 10:13 AM

In what way am I blaming supporters. What am I meant to be blaming them for?

hibsitis
30-04-2016, 10:19 AM
My point is, this chat is boring, been done to death, and the same futile arguments are being made over and over.

Move on.
So two points.
You seem not to understand the point of message boards.
How does your point sit with the three other posts you made after this one?

Beefster
30-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Raise wave 2 from a point to something slightly higher? Anyway it's done now and hopefully everyone who deserves a ticket gets one. If not i'll still be screaming at the telly on final day.

The club can't just raise wave 2's threshold because then some folk with loyalty points, even if it was one, would be treated the same as someone with none (all assuming everyone is on the database).

They would need to insert a new wave of, say, non-ST holders with over 200 loyalty points. Ignoring the time and resourcing pressures, all that would happen then is those folk on anywhere between 90-199 points would moan like **** about still being treated the same as someone with 1 point and how their 'loyalty' was being ignored.

The club is always going to have folk moaning. It looks like they've known that and thought 'let's go for the simplest sale to administer that has the potential to maximise our up-front income next season too'.

DH1875
30-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Can you still be on the database if you've no points :confused:

hibee
30-04-2016, 10:55 AM

Yes, if you last bought a ticket before the points system came in.

Callum7
30-04-2016, 10:56 AM

Yes

DH1875
30-04-2016, 11:03 AM
Yes, if you last bought a ticket before the points system came in.

I thought you only stayed on the database for 3 years and then were removed if you didn't buy a ticket. The Mrs bought us tickets for the Maribor game years ago and got put on the database, surely she cannae still be on it :confused:

OtleyHibs
30-04-2016, 11:08 AM

I am on the database with no points. Used to get tickets through someone my brother knew at the club. Been to a load of games since he left Hibs when I've been home (live in Yorkshire) but always just turned up on match day and bought tickets so no points added. Only time I used the eticketing thing was LC final this year and there was no points on offer.

Anyway, now I have zero chance of a ticket for the final with no one to blame but myself! Finally starting to stop hating myself for being a d*** and have reached the following conclusion:

Screw it! We are in the final of the holy grail with a real chance to end the long, long wait and that's what really matters! Will watch on tv and scream the house down when we win it! I will buy all future tickets online to avoid being in this position again!

So chin up people, there's always someone worse off than yourself and this time it's me : )

Apologies for length of this, couldn't stop once I started

Heedersnvolleys
30-04-2016, 11:46 AM
I don't understand the complexities. So if you could elaborate that'd be good.

Why is it much more difficult to add another tier into the cup final ticket sales? I'm not trying to be a prick here, it's a serious question. If a non-ST phones up to buy, or tries to buy online, a ticket for the final on the first day, then thier client ref would be checked and they'd be told they couldn't buy yet. Seems simple enough to me. Client ref checked against required criteria, be it ST holder or X amount of loyalty points, simple decision made - yes you can buy today, no you can't buy today.

I don't see the issue either, a few clicks on eticketing to set the threshold on the website. An email the ticket office to tell them, it actually helps as it spreads out the mad rush!!!

hibee
30-04-2016, 12:16 PM
I am on the database with no points. Used to get tickets through someone my brother knew at the club. Been to a load of games since he left Hibs when I've been home (live in Yorkshire) but always just turned up on match day and bought tickets so no points added. Only time I used the eticketing thing was LC final this year and there was no points on offer.

Anyway, now I have zero chance of a ticket for the final with no one to blame but myself! Finally starting to stop hating myself for being a d*** and have reached the following conclusion:

Screw it! We are in the final of the holy grail with a real chance to end the long, long wait and that's what really matters! Will watch on tv and scream the house down when we win it! I will buy all future tickets online to avoid being in this position again!

So chin up people, there's always someone worse off than yourself and this time it's me : )

Apologies for length of this, couldn't stop once I started

It's not too late though, surely you will get the required points if you buy a ticket for tomorrow.

OtleyHibs
30-04-2016, 12:26 PM
It's not too late though, surely you will get the required points if you buy a ticket for tomorrow.

To be honest I never even thought about buying a ticket for a game I can't attend, been a bit busy being in a bad mood with myself for not buying online previously : )

Surely I would have needed points before this week though or what's to stop a load of Huns doing the same thing?

SJM
30-04-2016, 12:30 PM
To be honest I never even thought about buying a ticket for a game I can't attend, been a bit busy being in a bad mood with myself for not buying online previously : )

Surely I would have needed points before this week though or what's to stop a load of Huns doing the same thing?

Buy a ticket for the Raith game on Monday morning then.

Onion
30-04-2016, 12:33 PM
This won't have gone unnoticed from the zombies

Hibs have one of the best records of getting to cup finals (and losing), so well worth other fans getting onto our DB.

hibee
30-04-2016, 12:33 PM

Nothing to stop them doing just that but hopefully they wouldn't want to.

OtleyHibs
30-04-2016, 12:36 PM

Raith v Falkirk?? You're alright thanks : )

Genuinely just never thought of buying for QoS purely for points, just went in a huff at my own stupidity instead

blackpoolhibs
30-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Raith v Falkirk?? You're alright thanks : )

Genuinely just never thought of buying for QoS purely for points, just went in a huff at my own stupidity instead

Otley, I'd imagine you can still buy a ticket online for tomorrows game, whether you'd get the points is anyones guess? :dunno:

OtleyHibs
30-04-2016, 12:44 PM
Otley, I'd imagine you can still buy a ticket online for tomorrows game, whether you'd get the points is anyones guess? :dunno:

It's worth a go! Worst case scenario I'm in the same position so nothing to lose

Billy Whizz
30-04-2016, 12:52 PM

Might only be season ticket holders on Monday for Raith tickets

Gerard
30-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Is there any thing that the club can do which will be accepted by the majority of Hibs fans as being fair with regard to the allocation of tickets for this final?:wink:

jgl07
30-04-2016, 04:22 PM
I appear to have tickets for D2. Does this section tend to be standing or seated?

I normally sit in the South Stand.

Big_Franck
30-04-2016, 04:33 PM
I appear to have tickets for D2. Does this section tend to be standing or seated?

Standing. Pretty much all of the north has been standing for every game I've ever been to at Hampden, for Hibs or Scotland. South stand tend to sit.

hibee
30-04-2016, 04:33 PM

From the south at the last final it looked like they were all standing in D2.

Alfred E Newman
30-04-2016, 05:00 PM
For years some supporters feel they have been taken for granted just turning up whilst the club made horrendous decision after horrendous decision leading to where we are now. The club have done a lot to improve this over the last couple of years but have taken two massive steps back with the decision to bump regular walk ups with loyalty points regardless of the reasons, supporters are the lifeblood and should come first.
Like it or not the season ticket holders are the lifeblood. There has not been much loyalty shown by a large percentage of the walk up supporters during the last few weeks .

Tyler Durden
30-04-2016, 05:04 PM

If only all our supporters could share your positive outlook

Frazerbob
30-04-2016, 05:39 PM

I've queried the ticket location with Lynsey for the Hibs package. The seats were described as "prime". I wouldn't call section D2 prime. I have bought a place for my elderly dad who will not be able to stand the entire match as will be the case in the North. 6 days later, no reply.

hibee
30-04-2016, 05:49 PM
I've queried the ticket location with Lynsey for the Hibs package. The seats were described as "prime". I wouldn't call section D2 prime. I have bought a place for my elderly dad who will not be able to stand the entire match as will be the case in the North. 6 days later, no reply.

I wouldn't call that Prime either, nothing worse than people standing in front of you if you're not able to.

Had this with my young kids in the past, people think it's their right to stand up in front and don't care if the kids can't see. Luckily they're getting a bit bigger now so it's becoming less of an issue but I'll still be trying to get in the South to avoid all the arguments!

Big_Franck
30-04-2016, 05:56 PM

I asked them the same question and Lynsey replied saying that the seats were in D2.

If your dad really can't stand i'd suggest getting tickets for another part of the ground. You'll be wasting your time trying to get people in the north stand to sit. The reason many of them buy for that section is so that they can stand.

MKHIBEE
30-04-2016, 07:16 PM

I was in D2, everyone stood

Billy Whizz
30-04-2016, 07:25 PM
I was in D2, everyone stood

Think everyone in the North stood at the semi v Dundee United. I was in C3 for the final against Ross county, and everyone was seated

lucky
30-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Will we be getting any in the South upper?

Alfred E Newman
30-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Think everyone in the North stood at the semi v Dundee United. I was in C3 for the final against Ross county, and everyone was seated

I was in the South and was told to sit down by some clown because he couldn't see the players warming up before the kick off!! :grr:

IberianHibernian
30-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Can you still be on the database if you've no points :confused:A friend of mine got put on database when buying tickets for semi ( no points awarded ). Has no points but has been to 7 matches this season ( 2 Hampden matches with no points , someone with points bought his ticket for LC final , 3 home matches where he went with work colleagues in away end and 2 matches where he was invited to hospitality at ER ) . Normally works at weekends when in Edinburgh area . He`s hoping to go to final but realises it may be difficult to get a ticket and is certainly not complaining if he doesn`t get one . But ironic if he doesn`t cause of not having 1 point in loyalty system when club have decided to ignore loyalty programme .

IberianHibernian
30-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Like it or not the season ticket holders are the lifeblood. There has not been much loyalty shown by a large percentage of the walk up supporters during the last few weeks . What about the supporters who use STHs seats when STH can`t go / doesn`t fancy going ? Fans who don`t commit to ST cause of work etc etc but go to a lot of away games ? Fans who don`t have STs cause of work / family /money / distance etc etc but contribute in other ways ( HSL , shares , Kicks For Kids , Hibs TV , merchandise , etc ) ? With all respect , you`ll know very well that Hibs have had a lower % of fans who are STHs than other big clubs in Scotland since STs existed since we had a huge stadium for our support in second half of 20th century and still have a stadium that has a capacity that is much higher than regular home support .

Glory Lurker
30-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Hibs have simply got this wrong. Folk that have been to a dozen games this season - in this brutal division - should have a better chance of tickets than folk who buy a ticket for the game later today just so they can get the necessary point. No doubt there is going to be a lot of pressure on the TO over play off tickets, but what chance do non-ST fans have of getting to the away legs anyway?

As i've said already on another thread, I am an ST holder so am chilled about my own situation.

IberianHibernian
30-04-2016, 10:56 PM
Hibs have simply got this wrong. Folk that have been to a dozen games this season - in this brutal division - should have a better chance of tickets than folk who buy a ticket for the game later today just so they can get the necessary point. No doubt there is going to be a lot of pressure on the TO over play off tickets, but what chance do non-ST fans have of getting to the away legs anyway?

As i've said already on another thread, I am an ST holder so am chilled about my own situation.We`ve known since this time last year that there was a very high chance of being in playoffs this year . Could go on but as you say Hibs have simply got this wrong . Hopefully results in cup or league ( hopefully both ) will be so good that all will be forgotten ( though lifelong walk up fan who misses Hibs winning cup may not be so understanding ) .

OtleyHibs
30-04-2016, 11:08 PM

As i've said already on another thread, I am an ST holder so am chilled about my own situation.

I completely agree even though it could end up working in my favour. I was contemplating buying a QoS ticket to get the points and I didn't have to as hibs tv subscribers are also in wave 2 so I subscribed.

Been to a few this season but as I said earlier I didn't use eticketing so never got points (my fault entirely) but it does seem a bit weird that Hibs TV members are in the same wave as those with a lot of points.

IberianHibernian
30-04-2016, 11:36 PM
I completely agree even though it could end up working in my favour. I was contemplating buying a QoS ticket to get the points and I didn't have to as hibs tv subscribers are also in wave 2 so I subscribed.

Been to a few this season but as I said earlier I didn't use eticketing so never got points (my fault entirely) but it does seem a bit weird that Hibs TV members are in the same wave as those with a lot of points. 2 interesting points : in 2012 and 2013 lots of fans bought tickets for home league games to have chance of buying cup final tickets . Nothing similar tomorrow so club has lost out on extra cash .
About Hibs TV members I partly agree but important to distinguish between Hibs TV international season ticket holders ( a very reduced number of fans , maybe 30 or 40 ) who until a couple of years ago paid nearly 200 pounds per year ( more than children or students STHs for example ) and still pay nearly 100 pounds a year ( plus in many cases Kicks For Kids , HSL , merchandise etc ) and normal Hibs TV subscribers ( though I think club should be rewarding Hibs TV subscribers in Ireland / England / Wales / Scotland who pay knowing they won`t see matches live ) .
Crucial playoff matches coming up and then SC final so team and management team need maximum support so suggest that major investigation into how Hibs allocate tickets for big matches starts then .

IberianHibernian
30-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Meant to say Hibs TV subscribers who live in Britain or Ireland pay about 8 pounds per month , so also deserve some recognition .

RMQ1967
30-04-2016, 11:40 PM
I was in the South and was told to sit down by some clown because he couldn't see the players warming up before the kick off!! :grr:

You can't leave us hanging like that - did you sit down or not??

GreenLake
01-05-2016, 01:15 AM

He should keep quiet - it gives him a flat place to put his bovril. :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
01-05-2016, 09:26 AM
You can't leave us hanging like that - did you sit down or not??

We did actually. Until it transpired that the guy and his grandkids were actually sitting in the wrong row!!! :greengrin

eastterrace
01-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Can someone give me a wee bit help. When I log on to my etickets account I used too have two client ref numbers on the main page but there is only one ( mines ). So I went to my network and the other one is there but with a red circle around it with a X in the middle. Are there a reason for this as getting a bit concerned with Wednesday cup tickets going on sale.

mcfly
01-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Like it or not the season ticket holders are the lifeblood. There has not been much loyalty shown by a large percentage of the walk up supporters during the last few weeks .

Agree 100% be interesting to see how many walk ups turn up today

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-05-2016, 10:23 AM

There'll be at least one as my ticket is tucked away safely in my pocket. Its quite strange this recent fascination with crowds, when I was an uber in days gone by I couldnae give a flying one what anyone else did.

oneone73
01-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Be interesting to see how many have bought tickets for today and don't turn up...

jodjam
01-05-2016, 10:34 AM
There'll be at least one as my ticket is tucked away safely in my pocket. Its quite strange this recent fascination with crowds, when I was an uber in days gone by I couldnae give a flying one what anyone else did.

This. Folk seem to get awfy worked up about things out with their control. I can only add one to the gate and that's all I'm fussed about.

DH1875
01-05-2016, 11:21 AM

Should be pretty decent. Lot of folks out for their chance of a cup final ticket.

Keith_M
01-05-2016, 11:31 AM
Should be pretty decent. Lot of folks out for their chance of a cup final ticket.

Maybe, but what team do they support

:wink:

pentlando
01-05-2016, 03:49 PM
I've just purchased a season ticket for next season today, I'm also a current st holder. Is that likely to be enough time before Wednesday for it to be registered online to allow me to buy two tickets for my ref?

Billy Whizz
01-05-2016, 04:04 PM
I've just purchased a season ticket for next season today, I'm also a current st holder. Is that likely to be enough time before Wednesday for it to be registered online to allow me to buy two tickets for my ref?

Don't see why not, the system usually updates overnight. Check again tomorrow