View Full Version : Announcement McGeouch back in full training

FromTheCapital
29-04-2016, 04:14 PM
As it says on the tin.

Could be in the squad for Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Famous Fiver
29-04-2016, 04:22 PM
Was out warming up with Fontaine before the Dumbarton game.

Welcome back, Dylan.

Aldo
29-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Good news

snooky
29-04-2016, 05:56 PM
TFFT! :woohoo:

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2016, 06:15 PM
He was one of the first on the park to congratulate Logan at the semi after his penalties heroics. I thought then he cant be far off being fit. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
29-04-2016, 06:46 PM
He was one of the first on the park to congratulate Logan at the semi after his penalties heroics. I thought then he cant be far off being fit. :greengrin

Fastest I've seen him move in weeks :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Fastest I've seen him move in weeks :greengrin

Aye it was John, i really hope he can remain fit for the rest of this campaign. Not only will it be like having a new player, but he is such a good player he will make a huge difference going forward if he stays fit. :pray:

Aldo
29-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Aye it was John, i really hope he can remain fit for the rest of this campaign. Not only will it be like having a new player, but he is such a good player he will make a huge difference going forward if he stays fit. :pray:

Spot on BH!! McGeouch has been missed IMHO. Class player!

Super_JMcGinn
29-04-2016, 07:37 PM
If he is available for the play offs and the final I think he'll be the difference, praying he is fit for the run in.

Jonnyboy
29-04-2016, 08:51 PM

Agreed. He drives forward which is something our other midfielders don't do enough :agree:

hibsbollah
29-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Outstanding news.

Scott Allan Key
29-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Think Fyvie also has done this well in the 352 formation in Dylan's absence but we really miss the space he creates as he drives towards the box.

Mibbes Aye
29-04-2016, 09:07 PM

:agree:

McGeouch adds a dimension to our play that no one else offers.

That's not a criticism of the others, simply that there's no one else in the squad who can come in and replicate his role.

My_Wife_Camille
29-04-2016, 09:09 PM
He's the best player at the club imo. He will be a huge boost for us in the next few weeks!

Ronniekirk
29-04-2016, 09:39 PM
He has been out a while so will take him a few games to get match fit so we cant expect too nutch too soon But if he can stay fit and get better as the playoffs progress could be a game changer
Also with Fyvie on form but not long back he wont be burnt out and Stokes is also now fully match fit and will only get better imo
So we have everything to play for and if Stubbs can utilise the squad and get McGinn back to his best we could indeed have a successful end to the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
29-04-2016, 09:47 PM
If we can keep him fit over the next three weeks or so and he is able to play at his top level then I firmly believe that could be the difference between us winning the cup and going up and not achieving either of these things.

He is really important for us and as other people have said already, he's arguably the best player at the club.

Excellent news if he's nearly at full fitness.

Unseen work
29-04-2016, 09:52 PM
No pressure on the guy

Every fan it seems expects him to single handedly get us promoted and win the cup

Sammy7nil
29-04-2016, 10:02 PM
No pressure on the guy

Every fan it seems expects him to single handedly get us promoted and win the cup

He has a real chance to be a hero lets hope he grabs it.

trev the hat
29-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Would be fantastic to see Dylan on Sunday off the bench for a feel good factor regardless of the score.
If he can play in more than 50% of our upcoming games I'd be delighted. His injury by all means is very complex & not easily overcome.
Credit to him & the physio team @ EM for getting him back in contention.
Dan Carmichael has the very same injury by all accounts & would be also be a welcome boost.

Ronniekirk
29-04-2016, 10:06 PM
No pressure on the guy

Not single-handedly. But but on form he will be a major assert and give others a lift and provide more completion
Our midfield with him in it v St Johnstone was immense A performance like that will be needed to lift the Cup

J-C
29-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Cracking wee player, hopefully his injuries are behind him, good to have him back in time for the play offs as he's an important player for us.

LancsHibs
30-04-2016, 05:29 AM
Great news, hopefully all the pieces all falling into place at the right time:flag:

Aldo
30-04-2016, 06:48 AM
He's the best player at the club imo. He will be a huge boost for us in the next few weeks!

The most sensible thing you've posted in a while MWC!! ;-)

Aldo
30-04-2016, 06:50 AM
No pressure on the guy Every fan it seems expects him to single handedly get us promoted and win the cup

I would hope there is some pressure UW and from Dylan himself!!

Integral part of the team. Missed his drive and energy!

djs69
30-04-2016, 07:18 AM
Massive bonus for play offs

Dublin07
30-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Would be fantastic to see Dylan on Sunday off the bench for a feel good factor regardless of the score.
If he can play in more than 50% of our upcoming games I'd be delighted. His injury by all means is very complex & not easily overcome.
Credit to him & the physio team @ EM for getting him back in contention.
Dan Carmichael has the very same injury by all accounts & would be also be a welcome boost.

Alan Stubbs said in a hibs tv interview that Dan was about 3 or 4 days behind Dylan in his recovery so should be fit for play offs.
Huge boost getting them both back at this time of the season.

30-04-2016, 09:12 AM
Brilliant news. Really really hope he can be fit for the cup final.

RoYO!
30-04-2016, 09:27 AM
No pressure on the guy

Agreed.

As much as I like the John McGinn song there is that part of me thinking this is a lot of pressure to put on a young guys shoulders. Yes it is support for him and he seems to handle it. Just that slight nag thinking putting too much of our hopes and dreams(!) on him could be detrimental to his performance.

Deansy
30-04-2016, 09:34 AM
Superb news as we've really missed him !!!!

30-04-2016, 09:35 AM
No pressure on the guy

Not really, we have plenty other good players in our squad, we aren't a one man team relying on on him single handedly getting us promoted/winning the cup. But he's one of our best players and we need all our best players available in these crucial weeks.

BoomtownHibees
30-04-2016, 09:36 AM
Agreed.

As much as I like the John McGinn song there is that part of me thinking this is a lot of pressure to put on a young guys shoulders. Yes it is support for him and he seems to handle it. Just that slight nag thinking putting too much of our hopes and dreams(!) on him could be detrimental to his performance.

Nonsense