PDA

View Full Version : Championship team of the year

CallumLaidlaw
29-04-2016, 11:32 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/three-hibs-players-in-championship-team-of-the-year-1-4114592

3 Hibs players in it. :aok:

Waxy
29-04-2016, 11:34 AM
No Conrad?

WeeRussell
29-04-2016, 11:36 AM
McGregor isn't the defender from our team I would have guessed would have made the team - but happy to see him in there all the same :flag:

Cummings and McGinn no brainers :aok:

patlowe
29-04-2016, 11:38 AM
These things normally leave you scratching your head but you have to say that's pretty much spot on. I guess Bartley maybe deserves a place and Darren maybe just sneaked in but it's hard to argue with most inclusions.

Brightside
29-04-2016, 11:42 AM
very odd

Big_Franck
29-04-2016, 11:44 AM
McGregor isn't the defender from our team I would have guessed would have made the team - but happy to see him in there all the same :flag:

Agreed, Hanlon is our best defender by some way. And no way should Peter Grant be in that side as he has been out injured since about January. The rest of it i'd agree with.

CallumLaidlaw
29-04-2016, 11:46 AM

With it being voted for by players, you think maybe a lot of Rangers players voted for McGregor?

HibsNutter
29-04-2016, 11:52 AM
McGregor and Grant should probably have been replaced by Hanlon and Vaulks but I'm happy for Darren, think Hanlon's injuries had something to do with it.

WeeRussell
29-04-2016, 11:54 AM
With it being voted for by players, you think maybe a lot of Rangers players voted for McGregor?

I hadn't even noticed that was how it worked, mate. You may well have a point.

Dublin07
29-04-2016, 11:55 AM
McGregor and Grant should probably have been replaced by Hanlon and Vaulks but I'm happy for Darren, think Hanlon's injuries had something to do with it.

I think you are right but not many players would have voted for vaulks since he has spent the season booting everyone up and down the place.

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2016, 01:50 PM
Agreed, Hanlon is our best defender by some way. And no way should Peter Grant be in that side as he has been out injured since about January. The rest of it i'd agree with.Hanlon is a great player but he isn't better than McGregor by some way, McGregor is a quality old fashioned centre half who would stroll into most SPL teams.

pacoluna
29-04-2016, 02:06 PM
McGregor is massively underrated in my opinion, as Good as hanlon is and Fontaine, McG would be the first name on the team sheet if/when we get back to the SPl.

pacoluna
29-04-2016, 02:06 PM
Hanlon is a great player but he isn't better than McGregor by some way, McGregor is a quality old fashioned centre half who would stroll into most SPL teams.
:agree:

Pete
29-04-2016, 03:40 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/three-hibs-players-in-championship-team-of-the-year-1-4114592

3 Hibs players in it. :aok:

That team would probably win the top flight. No arguments with it.

hibsmad
29-04-2016, 03:46 PM
I prefer McGregor over Hanlon so glad to see him in the team.

Off topic but seeing Waghorn in the team reminded me. What's his injury situation? Is he expected to make the final?

Callum7
29-04-2016, 03:49 PM
I prefer McGregor over Hanlon so glad to see him in the team.

Off topic but seeing Waghorn in the team reminded me. What's his injury situation? Is he expected to make the final?

Waghorn is set to return for there game against st mirren. So yes he will be back for the final.

Gordy M
29-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Agreed, Hanlon is our best defender by some way. And no way should Peter Grant be in that side as he has been out injured since about January. The rest of it i'd agree with.

The boy grant being out is the main reason that the falkirk fans i work beside dont think they will go up. He apparently has been a huge miss for them....and i think their goals against since he was out kinda shows it. Whether or not he should be in the team....i dunno....but they miss him big style.

hibsmad
29-04-2016, 03:51 PM
Waghorn is set to return for there game against st mirren. So yes he will be back for the final.

Okay, thanks.

I've never been hugely impressed with him but I'd still rather he hadn't made it.

Super_JMcGinn
29-04-2016, 07:29 PM
It would appear that Hanlon's fellow professionals don't rate him as highly as some on here, why am I not surprised at that. You'll still find some say they know better than people who have played against him, oh lordy :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2016, 07:44 PM
It would appear that Hanlon's fellow professionals don't rate him as highly as some on here, why am I not surprised at that. You'll still find some say they know better than people who have played against him, oh lordy :greengrinHe was injured for weeks, that probably played a big part. Do you think Hanlon being omitted from 1 team of the year means he is a poor player? You embarrass yourself more with every post about him.

Coults1875
29-04-2016, 07:46 PM
He was injured for weeks, that probably played a big part. Do you think Hanlon being omitted from 1 team of the year means he is a poor player? You embarrass yourself more with every post about him.

:agree:

Super_JMcGinn
29-04-2016, 07:48 PM
He was injured for weeks, that probably played a big part. Do you think Hanlon being omitted from 1 team of the year means he is a poor player? You embarrass yourself more with every post about him.
He wasn't out that long for him not to have made the team of the year in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. The only embarrassing thing I see is people who rate him a lot higher than he actually is.

KWJ
29-04-2016, 07:50 PM
It would appear that Hanlon's fellow professionals don't rate him as highly as some on here, why am I not surprised at that. You'll still find some say they know better than people who have played against him, oh lordy :greengrin

Saw you'd posted on this and assumed it was about him. Did he no call you back? :greengrin

He makes the best centre backs on the Terrace podcast :thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2016, 07:52 PM
He wasn't out that long for him not to have made the team of the year in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. The only embarrassing thing I see is people who rate him a lot higher than he actually is.

You act like there is some bar and that is as good as Hanlon is and people rating him higher are wrong. If 100 people rate Paul Hanlon as a quality player and 5 rate him as a poor one I'd say there is a pretty good chance those 100 people are right. That is the case here.

Brightside
29-04-2016, 07:59 PM

You don't half slaver some piyesh.

Super_JMcGinn
29-04-2016, 08:03 PM
You don't half slaver some piyesh.
Aye ok Paul, it would appear the strikers like Nade and co don't rate him as highly as you do, but you know better than them as well huh.

StevieT
29-04-2016, 08:09 PM

Or it could be that his fellow professionals do actually rate him highly but rate someone else even more. You certainly seem to have a bee in your bonnet regards PH

SunshineOnLeith
29-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Hanlon is a great player but he isn't better than McGregor by some way, McGregor is a quality old fashioned centre half who would stroll into most SPL teams.

McGregor, Hanlon and Fontaine (and Jordon Forster) would all stroll into most SPL teams.