PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs on the tv

SJM
29-04-2016, 10:40 AM
Has this been confirmed anywhere?

Just looking at next week and the champions league is on bt sports on weds, how can the quarters be shown at the same time? Can BT overrule UEFA as they would be showing both like in the FA Cup?

Enough said
29-04-2016, 10:42 AM

Just looking at next week and the champions league is on bt sports on weds, how can the quarters be shown at the same time? Can BT overrule UEFA as they would be showing both like in the FA Cup? can't show games same night as champions league unless the fa are willing to pay the fine from ueafa

SJM
29-04-2016, 10:43 AM
can't show games same night as champions league unless the fa are willing to pay the fine from ueafa

I'm positive bt announced they will show all the games but if not fair enough, I'll be heading through to Starks if we are there regardless.

Squealing pig
29-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Maybe on alba hopefully

Billy Whizz
29-04-2016, 10:47 AM
Maybe on alba hopefully

BT have the rights to the play off games

Enough said
29-04-2016, 10:50 AM
BT have the rights to the play off games not this week they don't

GreenLake
29-04-2016, 10:51 AM
I doubt they will be shown in the US but I am now able to have great confidence in HibsTV service. The video stream and sound have been really excellent.

TamHibs
29-04-2016, 11:01 AM
not this week they don't

Yes they do. BT have the rights to the Premiership/CHampionship Playoffs.

Alba have the rights to the Championship/League 1 playoffs

CallumLaidlaw
29-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Yeah, only BT have the rights for thew premiership playoffs. The caveate in the announcement said they will show UP TO 6 games. So with it clashing with the ECL, I doubt the first leg will be on TV.

Enough said
29-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Yeah, only BT have the rights for thew premiership playoffs. The caveate in the announcement said they will show UP TO 6 games. So with it clashing with the ECL, I doubt the first leg will be on TV.
Correct mate it does state that at top of post

scoopyboy
29-04-2016, 11:12 AM
FWIW I asked the question with the CL being played on the Wednesday is there any chance the play off games against Raith would be Thursday / Sunday.

I was told no.

Enough said
29-04-2016, 11:20 AM
Correct mate it does state that at top of post

DH1875
29-04-2016, 11:24 AM
So they are gonna be on the telly :confused:

scoopyboy
29-04-2016, 11:29 AM
So they are gonna be on the telly :confused:

My interpretation is the Raith game away wont be.

The Raith game at home might be but with an evening ko, 5.30ish.

Enough said
29-04-2016, 12:12 PM

The Raith game at home might be but with an evening ko, 5.30ish. we might get second 🇳🇬

scoopyboy
29-04-2016, 12:29 PM
we might get second 

Would make life easier

3pm
29-04-2016, 12:32 PM

The Raith game at home might be but with an evening ko, 5.30ish.

Unless they start the game at 7pm?

BT (and the BBC) seemed to have kicked FA Cup games off at 7pm to get round this.

Think the BT game was Hull v Arsenal and I think the beeb had West Ham v Man Utd.

we are hibs
29-04-2016, 12:51 PM
they shouldn't be buying the rights if they aren't going to show it. BT really are a waste of space, the quicker the champions league is taken from them the better because they have ruined the coverage of that too.

overdrive
29-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Unless they start the game at 7pm?

BT (and the BBC) seemed to have kicked FA Cup games off at 7pm to get round this.

Think the BT game was Hull v Arsenal and I think the beeb had West Ham v Man Utd.

It doesn't matter - the issue is if any of the match is on at the same time. The way the FA are getting around this is by stumping up the fine because they will gain more in TV money than the fine. Unfortunately, this won't be the case with us.

The only hope I see is if there is some way round it since BT hold the rights for both competitions, but I doubt it.

Blaster
29-04-2016, 01:06 PM
It doesn't matter - the issue is if any of the match is on at the same time. The way the FA are getting around this is by stumping up the fine because they will gain more in TV money than the fine. Unfortunately, this won't be the case with us.

The only hope I see is if there is some way round it since BT hold the rights for both competitions, but I doubt it.

I think the play off game is fine as its not a top league game. I think the ban only affects games involving teams from the top flight. Hence why our cup ties against ICT and yams couldn't be shown

Billy Whizz
29-04-2016, 01:11 PM
They really should be announcing exact days and times for these games

Blaster
29-04-2016, 01:15 PM

I agree. Apart from the potential clash with them on the 7th there is no reason they can't be announced. Even the potential clash could be announced as an early/late ko if it involves us

Craigmount Hibs
29-04-2016, 01:19 PM

You expect there to be 5 days notice of this? Surely we can just wait until the day of the game to be told?

Regardless of whether Raith play us or Falkirk, if it ain't on at 19:45 on Weds 4th May (on tv or not) Scottish football will confirm itself to be the disgrace many perceive it to be.

scoopyboy
29-04-2016, 01:38 PM
You expect there to be 5 days notice of this? Surely we can just wait until the day of the game to be told?

Regardless of whether Raith play us or Falkirk, if it ain't on at 19:45 on Weds 4th May (on tv or not) Scottish football will confirm itself to be the disgrace many perceive it to be.

It will be on Wednesday 4th May with a 7.45pm ko.

Hibs have the tickets in their office just now.

Falkirk also have a set of tickets.

Billy Whizz
29-04-2016, 01:41 PM
It will be on Wednesday 4th May with a 7.45pm ko.

Hibs have the tickets in their office just now.

Falkirk also have a set of tickets.

Cheers, what about the return game Scoops

scoopyboy
29-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Cheers, what about the return game Scoops

Don't honestly know Billy, but the first leg is dfinitely Wednesday with a 7.45pm ko. As I said earlier Hibs already have the tickets from Raith.

jgl07
29-04-2016, 02:07 PM
When are the playoff dates assuming Hibs make it all the way?

I recall them being posted here but can't find the lin.

The SPFL site is useless and only gives the original dates.

TamHibs
29-04-2016, 02:15 PM

4th, 7/8th, 11th, 14th, 17th, 25th May on the assumption we finish 3rd & get to the final

GreenCastle
29-04-2016, 02:50 PM

Possibly looking like this..(not sure about TV coverage though)

Wednesday 4th May – Vs Raith Rovers (Away) – KO TBC (BT Sport? clashes with Champions League)
Saturday 7th May Vs Raith Rovers (Home) – KO TBC (BT Sport)
Wednesday 11th May – Vs Falkirk (Home) – KO TBC (BT Sport)
Saturday 14th May – Vs Falkirk (Away) – KO TBC (BT Sport)
Tuesday 17th May - Vs Kilmarnock - (Home) KO TBC (TV Coverage Unknown)
Saturday 21st May – Vs The Rangers – KO 15:00 (BBC Scotland/Sky Sports)
Wednesday - 25th May v Kilmarnock (Away) KO TBC (TV Coverage Unknown)

Not long to sort tickets for Raith away on Wednesday..

3pm
29-04-2016, 04:12 PM

Ah right. Cheers.

Cod Boy
29-04-2016, 04:26 PM
How did Bbc Alba get to show the motherwell v Hearts youth cup on Wednesday when there was a champions league game on.

hibs0666
29-04-2016, 04:33 PM

Just looking at next week and the champions league is on bt sports on weds, how can the quarters be shown at the same time? Can BT overrule UEFA as they would be showing both like in the FA Cup?

Go.

SJM
29-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Go.

Perhaps read the rest of the thread chief :aok:

Eyrie
29-04-2016, 05:56 PM
How did Bbc Alba get to show the motherwell v Hearts youth cup on Wednesday when there was a champions league game on.

Other way round - UEFA managed to get a special dispensation to play the Champions league game at the same time as a match involving a Famous Big Team.

bournehibby
29-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Possibly looking like this..(not sure about TV coverage though)

Wednesday 4th May – Vs Raith Rovers (Away) – KO TBC (BT Sport? clashes with Champions League)
Saturday 7th May Vs Raith Rovers (Home) – KO TBC (BT Sport)
Wednesday 11th May – Vs Falkirk (Home) – KO TBC (BT Sport)
Saturday 14th May – Vs Falkirk (Away) – KO TBC (BT Sport)
Tuesday 17th May - Vs Kilmarnock - (Home) KO TBC (TV Coverage Unknown)
Saturday 21st May – Vs The Rangers – KO 15:00 (BBC Scotland/Sky Sports)
Wednesday - 25th May v Kilmarnock (Away) KO TBC (TV Coverage Unknown)

Not long to sort tickets for Raith away on Wednesday..

7 crucial games in 21 days, including a major final wedged in there somewhere:rolleyes: Anyone thinking the play-off system is too complicated and unnecessary ?
Yes, I know 3rd spot would mean another season in the Championship for us, but boy, we are going to have to dig deep. C'mon the Hibs let's step up to the challenge

:flag:

bh