PDA

View Full Version : Roberto Neilson the Magician

Torto7062
29-04-2016, 08:25 AM
Head coach Robbie Neilson firmly believes that Hearts can finally erase the pain of 1986, when they lost the Scottish title to Celtic on the final day of the season, by challenging the Glasgow club for the title next season. (The Herald) [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson has five-year plan to make the Edinburgh club Scottish champions.(The Scotsman) [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
29-04-2016, 08:28 AM
I think they'd be better off focussing on that champions league win by 2008.

steakbake
29-04-2016, 08:35 AM
Why not? Vision and mission. Being Scottish champions is within the reach of several clubs, barring a rigged TV contract that ploughs money into one specific fixture or daft voting rights that maintain a duopoly. Every club is beatable on any given match day.

Anyone know where we plan to be in the next 5 years?

hibsmad
29-04-2016, 08:42 AM
Thing is, I believe it is possible for, certainly Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs (once we get promotion) to challenge for the title.

I wouldn't expect us to challenge but I'd be disappointed if the people running our club didn't at least recognise the possibility. Celtic and Rangers aren't competing in the group stages of the Champ league any more and it's been a couple of years since there has been any mega bucks sales to the Premiership.

Their budget is obviously still bigger but the gap has now closed to a point where sound management, player recruitment and financial planning could allow another club to win the title.

heretoday
29-04-2016, 08:45 AM
Neilson's right I'm afraid. What's also possible is that he won't be at Tynecastle in five or even three years time.

SJM
29-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Why not? Vision and mission. Being Scottish champions is within the reach of several clubs, barring a rigged TV contract that ploughs money into one specific fixture or daft voting rights that maintain a duopoly. Every club is beatable on any given match day.

How would hearts compete with Celtic and rangers? This was the best chance ever this season and they are miles behind.

Neilson talks a load of ***** to pander to the fannies who's seasons been over since that night at Easter Road.

Waxy
29-04-2016, 08:49 AM
He's only peeved that we've had a better season than them whilst in a league below.

SJM
29-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Neilson's right I'm afraid. What's also possible is that he won't be at Tynecastle in five or even three years time.

How's he right? They pluck foreign boys out and gamble on them and any of their decent young players will be sold by then. They will also need a new goalie.

Big_Franck
29-04-2016, 09:06 AM
How would hearts compete with Celtic and rangers? This was the best chance ever this season and they are miles behind.

Neilson talks a load of ***** to pander to the fannies who's seasons been over since that night at Easter Road.

Exactly. A fantasist that will get punted by Hearts before the end of next season.

SJM
29-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Exactly. A fantasist that will get punted by Hearts before the end of next season.

For that potter would have to ditch him and I can't see that.

When did John Souttar become Maldini also?

Hi Heid Yin
29-04-2016, 09:13 AM
The pain is still felt and the suffering will continue to the ends of time for every jambo, especially those who witnessed it and were there that fateful day in 1986. The greatest "jambottle" in football history took place and will never ever be wiped from the record books. No possible future title win will eradicate that memory.
Anyway, fair play to Neilson for trying to talk up the current jambos, whose own season has been very much played out in the shadows of our club. It's good to dream and have ambition and I like to think that our own club embraces the possibility that we can one day challenge again at the top.

GreenLake
29-04-2016, 09:18 AM
His team is a player or two from relegation and most clubs in Scotland always will be.

steakbake
29-04-2016, 09:18 AM
He's only peeved that we've had a better season than them whilst in a league below.

It's not going to feel like a better season than them if we have nothing to show for it.

SJM
29-04-2016, 09:20 AM
It's not going to feel like a better season than them if we have nothing to show for it.

Over the football season we have had a lot more eventful time than a qualifying round trip to Moldova in July.

We will have potentially three finals and 3 trips to hampden guaranteed. And a semi win at their dump. The most important game and biggest game of the season they lost to us convincingly.

Steve20
29-04-2016, 09:23 AM

We'd need to get promotion or win the cup for that to be true.

lyonhibs
29-04-2016, 09:25 AM
Over the football season we have had a lot more eventful time than a qualifying round trip to Moldova in July.

We will have potentially three finals and 3 trips to hampden guaranteed. And a semi win at their dump. The most important game and biggest game of the season they lost to us convincingly.

"Eventful" isn't quite the same as "better" though is it?

Trips to Hampden bring limited bragging rights unless we actually win something.

I'd agree that their seethe and hurt at being pumped out of the SC (what with their special relationship etc :rolleyes:) must still be pretty raw but for me it's all about the league - 3rd in the Championship is not a better season than 3rd in the top flight, I'm sorry to say.

Hibbyradge
29-04-2016, 09:26 AM
He's selling season tickets.

SJM
29-04-2016, 09:27 AM

Trips to Hampden bring limited bragging rights unless we actually win something.

I'd agree that their seethe and hurt at being pumped out of the SC (what with their special relationship etc :rolleyes:) must still be pretty raw but for me it's all about the league - 3rd in the Championship is not a better season than 3rd in the top flight, I'm sorry to say.

I totally agree to be fair but there is still extreme jealously from hearts just now and their happiness is based on our results.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-04-2016, 09:28 AM
Head coach Robbie Neilson firmly believes that Hearts can finally erase the pain of 1986, when they lost the Scottish title to Celtic on the final day of the season, by challenging the Glasgow club for the title next season. (The Herald) [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson has five-year plan to make the Edinburgh club Scottish champions.(The Scotsman) [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

:blah::blah::blah:

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

The spirit of Romanov still stalks the shadows in the toxic dump, what a welt.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
29-04-2016, 09:30 AM

Agreed completely, ludicrous to say we have had a better season. Unless...

I admire his ambition, and you shouldnt knock it. I only eish we had a bit more hunger and drive at times, a win at all costs attitude.

worcesterhibby
29-04-2016, 09:35 AM
SCOTSMAN HEADLINE: Robbie has 5 year plan to make Hearts Champions

WHAT HE ACTUALLY SAID:

“That’s the plan for the club - to build in the next four or five years to compete. You have to always believe you can. There’s no point coming into a league at the start and saying you will be happy with this and that.
You might not have a realistic chance of winning it but every side should be determined to have a right good go."

So his "Plan" is to have a "right good go". Yea sounds like a genius masterplan. :rolleyes:

Ozyhibby
29-04-2016, 09:40 AM
Neilson is a dick but he has done a good job for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

son of haggart
29-04-2016, 09:42 AM
He's selling season tickets.

He must be doing it on the sly then - they're not on sale yet

:wink:

Col2
29-04-2016, 09:51 AM
Levein hasn't won anything in his life (1st division doesn't count) - player or manager. As DOF and Neilson as lapdog, this won't change for a very long time let alone a Premiership title.

Waxy
29-04-2016, 09:53 AM

Yes but i've said before i'd take any one out of the cup and promotion and be delighted. Still stands but i hope for both.

Geo_1875
29-04-2016, 10:36 AM
The pain is still felt and the suffering will continue to the ends of time for every jambo, especially those who witnessed it and were there that fateful day in 1986. The greatest "jambottle" in football history took place and will never ever be wiped from the record books. No possible future title win will eradicate that memory.
Anyway, fair play to Neilson for trying to talk up the current jambos, whose own season has been very much played out in the shadows of our club. It's good to dream and have ambition and I like to think that our own club embraces the possibility that we can one day challenge again at the top.

Are you sure that's correct? I'm sure I read somewhere that St Mirren lay down to Celtc and it was only because they lost by a huge margin that the famous were denied the league and cup double in 1986. Except they didn't win the cup either if I remember correctly.

SJM
29-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Neilson is a dick but he has done a good job for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a decent coach that has had loads of good young players to select from plus Leveins signings. Still got to see if he has what it takes when the going gets tough as he's hardly won any any important games.

brog
29-04-2016, 10:42 AM
He also managed to mention the "new stand", taking capacity to over 20k of course! He's looking forward to the extra revenue from the bigger crowds, presumably Yams will be following historical precedent & are not intending to pay back the costs of building the stand! Incidentally, if they sold out 20k every week, extremely unlikely, it would still take 6 seasons of increased revenue just to pay for a cheapo £6m stand! Yamenomics!

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2016, 01:56 PM
We'll see how their ST sales go next season.

They have sold ST's on the back of 'save the club' and then walking the Championship. This has been their first bog standard season in the last 3 and already there has been murmerings about the gantin' fitba, not to mention getting pumped by us.

The Green Goblin
29-04-2016, 02:09 PM
Didn't we (RP) have a "5 year plan" or something similar a while back? Was it "5"? :devil:

iwasthere1972
29-04-2016, 02:20 PM
Who was the last person at Tynecastle who had big plans (not including the ones in cardboard boxes) to make Hearts champions of Scotland? For a bonus point whatever happened to him?

5 years eh. He genuinely thinks he'll be there that long. Deluded windae licker.

greenginger
29-04-2016, 02:24 PM
He must be doing it on the sly then - they're not on sale yet

:wink:

Is there a reason for the delay ?

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Thing is, I believe it is possible for, certainly Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs (once we get promotion) to challenge for the title.

I wouldn't expect us to challenge but I'd be disappointed if the people running our club didn't at least recognise the possibility. Celtic and Rangers aren't competing in the group stages of the Champ league any more and it's been a couple of years since there has been any mega bucks sales to the Premiership.

Their budget is obviously still bigger but the gap has now closed to a point where sound management, player recruitment and financial planning could allow another club to win the title.No it hasn't. Celtic have sold Van Dijk and Forster for over 20 million to Southampton in the last 2 years.

hibsmad
29-04-2016, 03:14 PM
No it hasn't. Celtic have sold Van Dijk and Forster for over 20 million to Southampton in the last 2 years.

Okay its been almost two years since they sold Forster for big money. I had forgotten about van Dijk.

Over the last six years or so they have sold van Dijk, Forster, Wanyama, Hooper, Sung-Yeung Ki, McGeady all for big money. An average of one big sale per season. It's been almost a year since the van Dijk sale. Can you see the next one? The point was that the big sales are are drying up and I don't see any other 10M+ players in their current squad.

I think you probably knew that was my point though, but well done for pointing out the error :aok:

greenginger
29-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Also drying up will be the Foundation of Hearts debits to the football club.

I think from next season the payments will be gathered for the purchase of the Club from Mrs Budge.

Thecat23
29-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Still makes me laugh that folk think Robbie Neilson calls the shots. He's the face of hearts but he's not the brains. He's also the dullest man on the planet but that's irrelevant just thought I'd add that.

Hearts are *****, I don't really care enough about them or the team, I worry about Hibs and that's enough for me.

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2016, 04:10 PM
Okay its been almost two years since they sold Forster for big money. I had forgotten about van Dijk.

Over the last six years or so they have sold van Dijk, Forster, Wanyama, Hooper, Sung-Yeung Ki, McGeady all for big money. An average of one big sale per season. It's been almost a year since the van Dijk sale. Can you see the next one? The point was that the big sales are are drying up and I don't see any other 10M+ players in their current squad.

I think you probably knew that was my point though, but well done for pointing out the error :aok:You are right in saying that they don't have a 10 million pound player now but I'd hardly say its unlikely they could sign someone this summer that could go for big money in a few years, they have done okay in recent years when it comes to selling guys for big money after getting them cheap. Probably law of averages stuff, they have certainly signed enough guff as well.

Bostonhibby
29-04-2016, 04:19 PM

Printing 400,000 season tickets takes a while, and they have to be bigger than average ones as well.

hibsmad
29-04-2016, 04:23 PM
You are right in saying that they don't have a 10 million pound player now but I'd hardly say its unlikely they could sign someone this summer that could go for big money in a few years, they have done okay in recent years when it comes to selling guys for big money after getting them cheap. Probably law of averages stuff, they have certainly signed enough guff as well.

Fair enough.

I like to think (maybe hope) that they went through a bit of a purple patch with signings and that they have sold an above average amount of big money players over the past six years. Couple this with the fact that they are finding it more difficult to qualify for the Champions League and you have a club with, although bigger than the rest, a much reduced budget compared to recent years.

Remember that a lot of these players were sold for big money because they performed well in the Champions League. If Celtic aren't qualifying for it then the players can't prove to other clubs that they are up to that level. Which results in reduced transfer fees.

son of haggart
29-04-2016, 05:08 PM

They went on sale today - the same day as last year.

SJM
29-04-2016, 05:30 PM
They went on sale today - the same day as last year.

Im gathering this will be the last season sitting in the ****hole deathtrap part of the stadium?

son of haggart
29-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Im gathering this will be the last season sitting in the ****hole deathtrap part of the stadium?

If you mean our magnificent Archibald Leitch designed main stand , then yes

I'll miss the old dear - my grandfather was in the enclosure there all the way through the 20s to the early 70s

greenlex
29-04-2016, 07:17 PM

I.l can't see anyone other than the old firm wining the league as long as we are playing each other four times. You can beat them both once or maybe even twice but not come out on top over four games. Then it's down to how you do against everyone else.

Aldo
29-04-2016, 07:25 PM
If I'm being honest I don't give a flying F what that grade a yam roaster fud has to say.

In fact they can all go and do one, especially the bottle merchant Potter.

Phil MaGlass
30-04-2016, 03:07 PM
head coach robbie neilson firmly believes that hearts can finally erase the pain of 1986, when they lost the scottish title to celtic on the final day of the season, by challenging the glasgow club for the title next season. (the herald) [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

hearts head coach robbie neilson has five-year plan to make the edinburgh club scottish champions.(the scotsman) [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

sent from my sm-g920f using tapatalk

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahahahahahahahahaha hajajahahhahahahahahahahah f,n hahahahaahahahahaha.

Deansy
30-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Ach, give them a season or two to settle down and they'll be back to their usual target - finishing 3rd !. I've never understood that years-old mantra of theirs 'We're Scotland's 3rd Club' - who the **** wants their to continually finish 3rd ??. Unless they mean the 3rd biggest religiously-bigoted support ??

madabouthibs
30-04-2016, 04:35 PM
Not even close to the poorest celtic side for many years. He's a zoomer!

emerald green
30-04-2016, 05:26 PM
How did Neilson / Levein's team get on today? I heard Griffiths scored yet another goal at Tynecastle today.

I wonder how many that must be for Griffiths at that particular ground?

Jack Hackett
30-04-2016, 05:47 PM
How did Neilson / Levein's team get on today? I heard Griffiths scored yet another goal at Tynecastle today.

Officially one less than it should be.

30-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Its ambitious but if you've just finished 3rd then surely you have to aim to better that.

Unfortunately for hearts, celtic will strengthen and I reckon so will the huns.

greenlex
30-04-2016, 06:13 PM
Officially one less than it should be. How so?

Pete
30-04-2016, 06:16 PM
Neilsen the Phoodle out!!

Hire a plane with one click: sorted!

SJM
30-04-2016, 06:30 PM
How so?

Mixing up the goal well over the line at Easter Road with Forsters well onside equaliser at their dump I think.

Waxy
30-04-2016, 10:44 PM

Jambos played eye bleeding football today.They should contemplate building their new stand facing Mcleod st.

Col2
30-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Really poor hoof ball team full of tall physical foreign players with little skill.

Celtic nothing special but comfortable in 2nd gear.

Season finished in Feb after yet another derby defeat.

green day
30-04-2016, 10:57 PM
magnificent Archibald Leitch designed main stand

Is that the one you have such an attachment to that you are about to knock down (sorry, I know you will save the odd brick/window)?

"Famous (sic) Archibald Leitch Designed stand" has been a poncey byline in every fawning Budge interview to date, only for her to dump it when it becomes surplus to requirements.

How's it being paid for, by the way?

Dr Jimmy
01-05-2016, 04:35 AM
Still makes me laugh that folk think Robbie Neilson calls the shots. He's the face of hearts but he's not the brains. He's also the dullest man on the planet but that's irrelevant just thought I'd add that.

Hearts are *****, I don't really care enough about them or the team, I worry about Hibs and that's enough for me.
Think the fact that he has not been linked to any clubs down south, despite winning the championship last year and getting 3rd in the SPL, tells you all you need to know. People in football clearly believe he is Potters puppet.

Libby Hibby
01-05-2016, 05:00 AM
Think the fact that he has not been linked to any clubs down south, despite winning the championship last year and getting 3rd in the SPL, tells you all you need to know. People in football clearly believe he is Potters puppet.

He's potters puppet as potter still getting paid from SFA I believe until he finds a 'managers' role or a 'head coach' position at a club...hence his current title at Tincastle.

Potter needs a patsy to keep up the pretence to the SFA.

What I've been told anyway.

Pete
01-05-2016, 05:12 AM
If you mean our magnificent Archibald Leitch designed main stand , then yes

I'll miss the old dear - my grandfather was in the enclosure there all the way through the 20s to the early 70s

Looking at old pictures, it did indeed look magnificent in its original form with its terraced enclosures (including the now infamous style of crush barriers). It was also half decent when you initially made the enclosures seated.

Looking at it now, it is anything but a magnificent example of Archibald Leitch architecture. The lower tiers have been become unrecognisable, half populated wastes of space incorporating laughable attempts at prime facilities.

Clubs all over the British Isles have managed to maintain the essence of their original building but it's as if you guys have desecrated yours. Maybe it's your desire to do things on the cheap or the instinct to act now and think about the consequences later that have resulted in this.

Either way it's been allowed to become an outdated, ugly mess and shouldn't be missed by anyone.

Sammy7nil
01-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Ach, give them a season or two to settle down and they'll be back to their usual target - finishing 3rd !. I've never understood that years-old mantra of theirs 'We're Scotland's 3rd Club' - who the **** wants their to continually finish 3rd ??. Unless they mean the 3rd biggest religiously-bigoted support ??

I think most teams in Scotland would like to consistently finish third, I think most fans know realistically that is what can be achieved. There may be a narrowing of the gap and a title challange might just be possible from someone outwith the OF but I doubt it.

Jack Hackett
01-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Mixing up the goal well over the line at Easter Road with Forsters well onside equaliser at their dump I think.

My bad....you are correct. I'm old. Forgive me :greengrin

SJM
01-05-2016, 10:04 AM
My bad....you are correct. I'm old. Forgive me :greengrin

I'm the forgiving type Mr Hackett it's all good 😄

Jack Hackett
01-05-2016, 10:06 AM
I'm the forgiving type Mr Hackett it's all good 😄

Wow! That was quick...I hope Jase is as quick this afternoon :greengrin

SJM
01-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Wow! That was quick...I hope Jase is as quick this afternoon :greengrin