PDA

View Full Version : Announcement The banger on Tuesday

FromTheCapital
28-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Now, I'm a 27 year-old man and I'm all for atmosphere at the games (drums etc) but that banger genuinely scared the **** out of me.
I jumped about 40 feet in the air and I was near the front of the East!
Drums are all good at the football, I love the singing, the smoke bombs don't bother me but I can definitely see why others don't like them but that banger was utterly pointless.
I'm sure there would've been older folk and children who could've got quite a scare.
Thankfully, I don't think anyone was hurt but it's still just a really, really daft thing to do.
Keep it away from ER please :aok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveF
28-04-2016, 09:14 PM
I jumped and I'm in the West.

It was stupid and could have been heart attack material for a few people close by.

hibby6270
28-04-2016, 09:21 PM

It was stupid and could have been heart attack material for a few people close by.

Agreed. No place for it on the terraces.
Sadly it'll take a serious injury before something is done to stop it.

Agree with the OP also. Drums, singing, shouting, etc is all that's needed to show support.

SJM
28-04-2016, 09:25 PM
Aye was a bit too far like. Shat myself after the 1st.

Waxy
28-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Now, I'm a 27 year-old man and I'm all for atmosphere at the games (drums etc) but that banger genuinely scared the **** out of me.
I jumped about 40 feet in the air and I was near the front of the East!
Drums are all good at the football, I love the singing, the smoke bombs don't bother me but I can definitely see why others don't like them but that banger was utterly pointless.
I'm sure there would've been older folk and children who could've got quite a scare.
Thankfully, I don't think anyone was hurt but it's still just a really, really daft thing to do.
Keep it away from ER please :aok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkbanger? Thought you were talking about the guy who hits the drum for a moment.

FranckSuzy
28-04-2016, 09:35 PM
It was the same at the The Rangers game. I honestly thought it was someone letting off a gun to begin with!

iwasthere1972
28-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Can't say I even noticed. When was it?

SON OF PADDY
28-04-2016, 09:37 PM

I'm also in the West " **** myself " didn't have a clue what it was.😨😰

FromTheCapital
28-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Can't say I even noticed. When was it?

Immediately after the 2nd goal I think mate. Was extremely loud.

28-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Don't see the point in them at all. One big loud bang - wtf is the point? :confused:

I was in the West and got a fright so god knows what it must have been like for the folk actually near it. Last season at Livingston someone set one off in the hibs support and some pure wee laddie who was standing next to it had to be carried out, he looked very very distressed. Later turned out he had burst his ear drum.

Utterly pointless and can be dangerous - keep them away from the ground.

iwasthere1972
28-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Immediately after the 2nd goal I think mate. Was extremely loud.

Cheers. I just thought it was all the folk in the west stand opening their champagne at the same time. :wink:

hibsdaft
28-04-2016, 10:01 PM
anyone know where it came from?

FromTheCapital
28-04-2016, 10:06 PM
anyone know where it came from?

Top of the east stand, there was a bit of arguing and people were pointing out who done it but I don't think anyone got removed.

CB_NO3
28-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Was a couple of wee guys at the back of the East. They looked about 13. It landed right next to me and it burnt a hole in a womans show, I kid you not. I thought my ear drum was burst. It was lucky it hit the woman on the trainer and not in the eye. There was older guys pointing to the stewards who it was that threw it. Apparently it was caught on cctv.

SonOfTortolano
28-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Yeah it landed right in front of me in Row W Seat 185.

It burnt the woman's trainer nearly right through, then it exploded and nearly broke our ear drums. Absolutely idiots...if it landed in someone's hoodie or jacket it would have done some damage.

Definitely the young team at the top...woman was a bit shaken up and her husband was going mental

Stantons Angel
28-04-2016, 10:27 PM

It burnt the woman's trainer nearly right through, then it exploded and nearly broke our ear drums. Absolutely idiots...if it landed in someone's hoodie or jacket it would have done some damage.

Definitely the young team at the top...woman was a bit shaken up and her husband was going mental

Going mental! quite right too. It was a stupid and senseless thing to do in a crowd of people and the idiots responsible should be banned from football for life or at least a long time! i sit in the west and got the fright of my life i thought a gun had gone off. It was so loud!

I hope the lady with the burnt shoe is ok and it wont put her off going to the games. When she finds out who was responsible she should claim a pair of new trainers from their families!!

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-04-2016, 11:09 PM
So ****ing stupid [emoji35]

cabbageandribs1875
28-04-2016, 11:22 PM
i imagine at least one of the imbeciles mates will notice this thread, so here's a message to pass on to the freakin imbecile

grow up ya wee dafty and try using yer half a dozen brain cells, it's not big and it certainly aint smart...clown

DAVE1875
28-04-2016, 11:44 PM
Was listening on Hibs TV and nearly shat myself. Right ear was ringing for a few seconds as well

Dav1986
28-04-2016, 11:56 PM
Was a couple of wee guys at the back of the East. They looked about 13. It landed right next to me and it burnt a hole in a womans show, I kid you not. I thought my ear drum was burst. It was lucky it hit the woman on the trainer and not in the eye. There was older guys pointing to the stewards who it was that threw it. Apparently it was caught on cctv.

You guys must be right beside me. I was with my mate at the end of the row (w190/191) and shat myself. Are one of you the guys who took the photo of the woman's trainer?

Absolute imbeciles. So lucky that it got her shoe. As you say it could easily have done some major damage if it landed in someone's hoody or went off right at their face.

Hermit Crab
29-04-2016, 07:25 AM
It was the same at the The Rangers game. I honestly thought it was someone letting off a gun to begin with!

That at went off in the Rangers end in the section that is closest to the east. Now whether that was thrown from the east into the rangers fans I'm not sure but they are pointless things that can hurt people.

Bobby's Cinema
29-04-2016, 07:33 AM
A daft wee boy in the row infront of us threw it, around 12yo. It wasn't just dropped down there either it was launched into the crowd like you would a snowball. He was down getting himself into more trouble at HT. The stewards knew who it was they were deciding what to do next. I don't think he was clever enough to realise what he'd done

overdrive
29-04-2016, 07:53 AM
Stupid thing to do especially after what happened in Paris.

BoomtownHibees
29-04-2016, 08:03 AM
Stupid thing to do especially after what happened in Paris.

Come on now

linlithgowhibbie
29-04-2016, 09:00 AM
I sit in row S in Section 43 and my heart jumped like never before!

One of the problems with having police free games is that stewards genuinely don't know how to deal with this.
Do they try to get the wee guy out and risk his pals fighting with them?

Will the CCTV have good enough pictures to ID him? IF it was on that area at the time.

Hope the wee guy gets shown pictures of the horrific injuries that fireworks can do as part of his punishment IF he is found.

hibee_girl
29-04-2016, 09:03 AM
We sit in section 41 and it sounded like it was right next to us, what a fright!

Could have caused some serious injuries, hope the culprit is identified

Billychaotic182
29-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Come on now

I under stand what they mean. It could have caused a great amount of panic.

Utterly stupid thing to do.

BoomtownHibees
29-04-2016, 09:29 AM
I under stand what they mean. It could have caused a great amount of panic.

Utterly stupid thing to do.

I did shat myself but at no time did I think it was anything like what happened in Paris

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2016, 10:36 AM
You lot just aren't real Squibs fans :greengrin

overdrive
29-04-2016, 11:05 AM
I did shat myself but at no time did I think it was anything like what happened in Paris

It sounded quite similar to the TV pictures of that game in Paris from where I was sitting.

TamHibs
29-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Our group sit in Row V from the aisle seat (162?) to about half way along. The woman was about 6 or 7 seats away from us.

The wee laddies who threw it then ran down the stairs & sat in with the singing section at the front of the stand. Absolutely shat myself when it went off

Brizo
29-04-2016, 11:58 AM

One of the problems with having police free games is that stewards genuinely don't know how to deal with this.

Will the CCTV have good enough pictures to ID him? IF it was on that area at the time.

Hope the wee guy gets shown pictures of the horrific injuries that fireworks can do as part of his punishment IF he is found.

:agree:

Pond life like that have little or no respect for the Police but theres an authority / deterrent factor with the Police which stewards just don't have.

A lot of stewards don't help themselves but I wouldn't want to try and "police" an event where I have no real authority and am getting minimum wage for doing it.

The absence of police , even at Championship games with minimal away supports , doesn't take into account the bother our own pond life can create among Hibs fans. Time for a policing rethink but financial considerations will no doubt leave us with an inadequate stewarding presence.

Dublin07
29-04-2016, 12:03 PM
Had my 7 year old with me in the east. He is autistic and has a phobia of loud banging noises. He was still shaking about 15 minutes afterwards. First 15 minutes was the most I have seen him enjoy a game and really taking it all in. After the firework he just kept saying he was tired and wanted to go home and we eventually left after 75 minutes. We were all daft wee laddies at some point but these clowns need to get a grip and grow up a bit. Throwing a firework into your own fans is just moronic at best. It could have done someone a serious injury.

cabbageandribs1875
29-04-2016, 12:28 PM

it's education the culprit needs, not banned :agree:

Sean1875
29-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Had my 7 year old with me in the east. He is autistic and has a phobia of loud banging noises. He was still shaking about 15 minutes afterwards. First 15 minutes was the most I have seen him enjoy a game and really taking it all in. After the firework he just kept saying he was tired and wanted to go home and we eventually left after 75 minutes. We were all daft wee laddies at some point but these clowns need to get a grip and grow up a bit. Throwing a firework into your own fans is just moronic at best. It could have done someone a serious injury.

really sorry to hear that mate, hope your wee laddie is alright and not put off from coming back. these absolute morons have no idea the lasting effect things like this can have on other people and potential financial implications on their own club too, all for a ****ing bang. get them banned.

Geo_1875
29-04-2016, 12:42 PM
really sorry to hear that mate, hope your wee laddie is alright and not put off from coming back. these absolute morons have no idea the lasting effect things like this can have on other people and potential financial implications on their own club too, all for a ****ing bang. get them banned.

it's education the culprit needs, not banned :agree:

I agree that they don't understand the damage that fireworks can cause. Anyone found in possession at a match should have them taped to their hand then lit.

cabbageandribs1875
29-04-2016, 12:48 PM
I agree that they don't understand the damage that fireworks can cause. Anyone found in possession at a match should have them taped to their hand then lit.

it's worth a try i guess, just don't light it near me :greengrin

Geo_1875
29-04-2016, 12:52 PM
it's worth a try i guess, just don't light it near me :greengrin

Were you one of the many who claim to have shat themselves? I must say I didn't notice much of a smell at the time.

Dublin07
29-04-2016, 01:35 PM

Thanks pal. He is fine. Thankfully his phobia is nothing like it was when he was younger as it would have put him off off going back a year ago. I think he is so stunned we scored 4 goals that he has forgotten it.

FranckSuzy
29-04-2016, 09:34 PM

I'm really sorry that happened to your son. I got a fright when I heard it in the West Stand so can't imagine how he must have felt since he also has a phobia. I'm glad, as you've said, the four goals we scored cheered him up :aok:

SunshineOnLeith
29-04-2016, 09:43 PM
How much do these things cost? Quite aside from anything else, is it really that much fun just making something go bang?

stoneyburn hibs
29-04-2016, 10:27 PM
It was a big bang, was it that big a deal ?

Now read through the thread, it was a deal for some, sorry.

madabouthibs
29-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Jesus Christ!!! A Banger? Like...... a whole big one????? Jeezo....

:rolleyes:

marinello59
29-04-2016, 10:59 PM
Jesus Christ!!! A Banger? Like...... a whole big one????? Jeezo....

:rolleyes:
Have you read the thread?

silverhibee
29-04-2016, 11:35 PM
I miss the fighting on the terracing years ago.

madabouthibs
29-04-2016, 11:41 PM
Have you read the thread?

Yes.

SaulGoodman
29-04-2016, 11:43 PM
Yes.

So why do you still take that pathetic attitude?

madabouthibs
30-04-2016, 12:00 AM
So why do you still take that pathetic attitude?
Pathetic attitude?
Ok, I feel for anyone that was affected by such a racket, especially an autistic child, but at the end of the day it's just a bit of a loud noise at a football match.

Thecat23
30-04-2016, 06:04 AM
Pathetic attitude?
Ok, I feel for anyone that was affected by such a racket, especially an autistic child, but at the end of the day it's just a bit of a loud noise at a football match.

Grow up.

Aldo
30-04-2016, 06:47 AM
Pathetic attitude? Ok, I feel for anyone that was affected by such a racket, especially an autistic child, but at the end of the day it's just a bit of a loud noise at a football match.

Loud noise that burnt through a shoe which could of easily been someone's head/face or other body part and caused permanent damage.

Maybe you should move up next to them and let them throw them at you if you think it's fine.

Dav1986
30-04-2016, 07:25 AM
Pathetic attitude?

Erse. Maybe they should throw it at you next time. God forbid it goes off at your face instead of burning through your shoe.

But it's just a bit of a loud noise eh?

Thecat23
30-04-2016, 07:31 AM
Loud noise that burnt through a shoe which could of easily been someone's head/face or other body part and caused permanent damage.

Maybe you should move up next to them and let them throw them at you if you think it's fine.

He's prob about 13 thinking he's billy big time. If he's an adult and still thinks it "just a bang" then it's clear not all his dogs are barking.

Aldo
30-04-2016, 07:38 AM
He's prob about 13 thinking he's billy big time. If he's an adult and still thinks it "just a bang" then it's clear not all his dogs are barking.

Indeed TC indeed!

Billychaotic182
30-04-2016, 08:02 AM
Pathetic attitude?

Let's put one off next to your face and see if it's just a loud noise. What if it landed at your feet and burned through your £12 sportsdirect trainers? Arse.

Thecat23
30-04-2016, 08:06 AM
Let's put one off next to your face and see if it's just a loud noise. What if it landed at your feet and burned through your £12 sportsdirect trainers? Arse.

😂😂👏🏼

Aldo
30-04-2016, 08:13 AM

Tee hee!!

Dublin07
30-04-2016, 08:16 AM
Pathetic attitude?

When I take my boys to the game I understand there is going to be loud noises. I don't wrap them up in cotton wool and expect everyone to tip toe around them. It's a fitba match and not the ballet.
What is totally unacceptable is throwing a firework into an area where people are sitting. Fireworks have no place at football matches. Someone could been seriously injured from the firework and others with health conditions such as ear or heart problems. I think football has become rather safe and boring these days but allowing stupid wee boys to throw fireworks is not the way to improve atmosphere at games.

s.a.m
30-04-2016, 08:31 AM
When I take my boys to the game I understand there is going to be loud noises. I don't wrap them up in cotton wool and expect everyone to tip toe around them. It's a fitba match and not the ballet.
What is totally unacceptable is throwing a firework into an area where people are sitting. Fireworks have no place at football matches. Someone could been seriously injured from the firework and others with health conditions such as ear or heart problems. I think football has become rather safe and boring these days but allowing stupid wee boys to throw fireworks is not the way to improve atmosphere at games.

Quite.

30-04-2016, 09:27 AM

What a shame, hope he's alright! Such a shame his experience was spoiled by a few idiots!

30-04-2016, 09:30 AM
Pathetic attitude?

Tell that to the young laddie at Livingstone last year who had to be carried out by stewards he was that distressed and in pain. It burst his ear drum.

Get a grip and grow the hell up ya idiot.

Albanian Hibs
30-04-2016, 11:14 AM
Pathetic attitude?

What a stupid thing to say

Eyrie
30-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Pathetic attitude?

Then you can do us all a favour and stick it in your mouth next time. After all, it's "only a bit of loud noise" and won't harm you.

NAE NOOKIE
30-04-2016, 02:29 PM
Pathetic attitude?

I'm all for colour, noise, flags at the football, IMO there's not enough of it ... hell I don't even mind the odd smoke bomb. But Tuesday was different, the object thrown could easily have injured someone and in a small crowd the noise it made was so loud and more to the point so unexpected that there was a chance it could have given a supporter in the vicinity a heart attack.

madabouthibs
30-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Ok, fair dos, I apologise profusely for my off the cuff comment, it's been are clear and I fully understand that, just because I don't mind an occasional banger or a smoke bomb at the footy doesn't mean everyone else finds it acceptable behaviour. I wasn't there so I don't know how bad it really was.
I obviously hope no one was harmed physically or otherwise.

madabouthibs
30-04-2016, 04:31 PM
I've just read the first page of this topic, I have to admit I didn't read through the posts last night. I didn't realise it had been launched from the upper East and burnt someones shoe........ Feel a bit of and arse now to be honest.
Again, my apologies if I caused any offence.