PDA

View Full Version : Liam Henderson's Future

Torto7062
27-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Anyone think we can keep hold of him for next season ?
I reckon with them getting a new manager he might be required there because he's defo a smashing player with a great future ahead of him..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
27-04-2016, 09:41 PM
No chance.

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2016, 09:51 PM
More likely to get Allan back which I'd be fine with.

A midfield of Fyvie, McGeouch, Mcginn, Bartley, Allan + 1 more and maybe Scott Martin coming through would be a good top 6 SPL midfield if we go up. Could be anything if we stay down, players will come and go for sure.

My_Wife_Camille
27-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Think he'll be here with Scott Allan next season

iwasthere1972
27-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Anyone think we can keep hold of him for next season ?
I reckon with them getting a new manager he might be required there because he's defo a smashing player with a great future ahead of him..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think if the decision was down to Liam Henderson he would choose to stay with us. He clearly loves the Hibees.

Nicho87
27-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Maybe stubbs will give him back to us 💚

HibsNutter
27-04-2016, 10:14 PM
The people that think he's going to walk into Celtic's first team are kidding themselves. Allan and Christie, better players can't get much of a look in and they will need to improve with Rangers being back in the league.

If we stay down he won't stay. However if we go up and make a decent offer to Celtic I think we may be able to land him.

J-C
27-04-2016, 10:18 PM
Celtic will spend in the summer after their loss to Rangers, they have bided their time waiting and saving money on average players. Johansen, Brown etc are all on a shoogly peg when a new manager comes in and Henderson, Allan will be down the pecking order again.

CB_NO3
27-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Henderson will not cut it at Celtic IMO. He has lots of nice touches but not much of an end product. Can see him moving down south.

greenlex
27-04-2016, 10:51 PM
Henderson will not cut it at Celtic IMO. He has lots of nice touches but not much of an end product. Can see him moving down south.

I see where you're coming from but remember he us still very young. If he adds goals to his game he could go all the way.

Forza Fred
27-04-2016, 11:05 PM
If I was a new manager with huge expectations coming in, I would already have the players I wanted pencilled in.

Don't think that would include someone who had been on loan to a Scottish lower tiered league side, as the view would be that I needed Instant results, and someone 'stepping up' would not supply that instant improvement.

The shelf life for managers is decreasing, and while lip service is paid to it at some clubs, 'development' is not a huge priority....winning is.

I think Liam will move south eventually.

Michael
27-04-2016, 11:15 PM
Celtic will spend in the summer after their loss to Rangers, they have bided their time waiting and saving money on average players. Johansen, Brown etc are all on a shoogly peg when a new manager comes in and Henderson, Allan will be down the pecking order again.

Haven't they already wasted their money on players like Pukki and Scepovic? I doubt Celtic will be spending much money any time soon.

monktonharp
27-04-2016, 11:18 PM
lest we forget, it is THE Rangers, not an old club that used to be called Rangers:spider::lolrangers::slipper::whistle:

Jim44
28-04-2016, 05:20 AM
The last time I looked at Kerrydale Street, I saw a thread which suggested he was really well thought of at Celtic. I suppose it depends on the thoughts of the new manager, but, who knows, there's maybe a chance we can get him on loan for one more season. I can't see Scott Allan returning.

itslegaltender
28-04-2016, 06:18 AM
Henderson is a huge Celtic fan. If you look at the interview he gave to the Irish lad after our semi, he clearly stated he wanted Celtic to win against the Huns despite it meaning he would miss out.

I reckon he will be farmed out again by Celtic, only this time to a premier league team if we don't go up or to a championship side down South.

JimBHibees
28-04-2016, 06:25 AM
Henderson is a huge Celtic fan. If you look at the interview he gave to the Irish lad after our semi, he clearly stated he wanted Celtic to win against the Huns despite it meaning he would miss out.

I reckon he will be farmed out again by Celtic, only this time to a premier league team if we don't go up or to a championship side down South.

Political answer to the question though imagine how it would have gone down with his employers or fans if he said he wanted Rangers to win just so he could play in a final.

number9dream
28-04-2016, 06:41 AM
I'd like to think we'll at least be asking the question...
Celtic are overloaded in midfield and a new manager will want to bring in new players.
The new manager will probably want to take a look at all of his options though, so it might be up in the air until the end of August.

California-Hibs
28-04-2016, 06:43 AM
Political answer to the question though imagine how it would have gone down with his employers or fans if he said he wanted Rangers to win just so he could play in a final.

He also said pretty clearly to the question about if he wanted Rangers to win, 'nah, no way, I'm a Celtic man'. In his Glasgow accent. He's clearly a born Celtic fan and our chances of getting him are very slim imo.

Would be a great addition though, he's been smashing for us!

lucky
28-04-2016, 07:06 AM
He is keen to play football. Since he's been at Hibs he's received 1 text from John Kennedy & nothing from Delia. He would be happy to play at Hibs again but that's up to the nee Celtic manager.

Yes he is a Celtic fan,7 of the squad are, but he did have a Hibs ST for 2 years when we was younger.

SJM
28-04-2016, 07:08 AM
The question is has he improved as much and developed as much for Celtics liking on loan at us? Two national finals and big pressure games says to me he is getting the exposure at least but I can't see him getting a game at Parkhead any time soon. Hopefully he's back next season.

California-Hibs
28-04-2016, 07:12 AM
He is keen to play football. Since he's been at Hibs he's received 1 text from John Kennedy & nothing from Delia. He would be happy to play at Hibs again but that's up to the nee Celtic manager.

Yes he is a Celtic fan,7 of the squad are, but he did have a Hibs ST for 2 years when we was younger.

Interesting about having a season ticket for us when he was younger. In an ideal world the new Celtic manager will come in, not fancy him, and we'll be his first choice as we'll be in a more attractive position anyway being back in the Premier League.

hibeemikey21
28-04-2016, 08:10 AM

That's crazy if that's the extent of the contact between the parent club and a young prospect.

worcesterhibby
28-04-2016, 08:50 AM
I think we have a half decent chance of keeping him, if we get promoted. Celtic will feel the NEED to be better than Rangers next year. henderson is a great prospect, but he has played against Rangers a number of times this season without being the difference between the sides on any occasion. I can't see him getting a first team berth for Celts next year. Of course it all depends on the new manager, but I think we have every chance of we are in the top league.

pacoluna
28-04-2016, 08:53 AM
He may be used by their new manager as an example that celtic are promoting and giving a chance to their youth, it was one of the reasons Deila got the job i think because of his work with promoting youngsters at stromsgodset, however ultimately he failed to do this at celtic and perhaps it added to the pressure in getting him sacked. Whats the chances of Brown finishing of his career were he started :wink: ? if celtic do an overhaul of their squad.

SJM
28-04-2016, 09:31 AM
He may be used by their new manager as an example that celtic are promoting and giving a chance to there youth, it was one of the reasons Deila got the job i think because of his work with promoting youngsters at stromsgodset, however ultimately he failed to do this at celtic and perhaps it added to the pressure in getting him sacked. Whats the chances of Brown finishing of his career were he started :wink: ? if celtic do an overhaul of their squad.

No chance they will spend to sell season tickets and hammer rangers.

Brown has never hid a desire to finish up here.

.Sean.
28-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Are we a retirement home for Scott Brown? Him and his patronising guff can gtf. No welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Arch Stanton
28-04-2016, 09:43 AM
I feel sure their new manager will be happy to listen to offers. Question will be whether we can offer them enough and I don't see why not.

J-C
28-04-2016, 09:49 AM
No chance they will spend to sell season tickets and hammer rangers.

Brown has never hid a desire to finish up here.

Reading online and listening to punters, they said Celtic tried something different with Deila by bringing in young players and trying to develop them but they weren't good enough for Europe and are still struggling to an extent in the league. Getting beat by Rangers have game them a wake up call, I'm not saying they'll spend huge but the cheque book will come out and a good few in that squad will be away.

The_Sauz
28-04-2016, 10:02 AM

Remember his grandfather is a big Hibbie :agree:

Ross4356
28-04-2016, 10:26 AM
Think he'll be here with Scott Allan next season

If Celtic release Allan he'll go to the Huns

Craig_HFC
28-04-2016, 10:49 AM
He also said pretty clearly to the question about if he wanted Rangers to win, 'nah, no way, I'm a Celtic man'. In his Glasgow accent. He's clearly a born Celtic fan and our chances of getting him are very slim imo.

Would be a great addition though, he's been smashing for us!

He's from Broxburn.

Jay
28-04-2016, 10:50 AM
He's from Broxburn.

Yup

stoneyburn hibs
28-04-2016, 11:01 AM
It would be good to have him for next season, the only chance of that happening would be another loan deal imo.

Big_Franck
28-04-2016, 11:35 AM
No chance will Henderson be getting a game for Celtic next year so he may well be back here to continue his development. If i'm honest he frustrates me at times with his poor end product and poor shooting. When I watch his first touch and good technique I keep thinking he is about to do something special but he rarely does. You can't fault his effort though and he is capable of improving and going on to be a top player.

1van Sprou7e
28-04-2016, 11:50 AM
If Celtic release Allan he'll go to the Huns

Why would they release him when they only bought him last year and he's still got years left on his contract?

happiehibbie
28-04-2016, 12:08 PM
Nope !!!!

snooky
28-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Are we a retirement home for Scott Brown? Him and his patronising guff can gtf. No welcome as far as I'm concerned.
Broonie was one of my favourite Hibs players and I always hoped he'd end his career with us. (Some might say he already did :stirrer:) These days? I don't think him returning would be a good idea for him &/or us.

Thanks for the memories, Scott. BTW, you should have gone south rather than west.

AndyM_1875
28-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Sellik have a totally bloated squad in size terms. A new manager will want to strip it back and replace numbers with actual quality, especially in the midfield. Scott Allan and Ryan Christie are probably safe from a new manager's broom as they are Scottish, on long term contracts, relatively cheap and the club paid money for them to be developed and brought on. Scott Brown would command a transfer fee well beyond what we could pay if Celtic say he is surplus to requirement (doubt they will).

For LH, I'd say it's a different story. Given the size of the Sellik squad, out on loan is out of sight & out of mind. The new manager at Parkhead will be bringing in his own players so if Hibs make an effort to get LH, we probably could if the player is receptive to a move.

KeithTheHibby
28-04-2016, 12:44 PM

Who is the 7?

Henderson?
Stokes?
Keatings?
Dylan?
McGinn?

woodythehibee
28-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Who is the 7?

Henderson?
Stokes?
Keatings?
Dylan?
McGinn?
Possibly Scott Martin. He's from the West.

28-04-2016, 05:09 PM

Scott Brown lacked so much ambition IMO. At the age/point in his career he was when he left us in 2007 I believe he could have made it in England in at least the championship or at a lower table premier league side. Instead he went to Celtic and was happy to stay there. Fair enough hes done ok for himself, captained celtic and Scotland but the real test for players is down south where unlike at Celtic you regularly come up against top players and there is far more competition to challenge.

Now I don't know Scott personally, perhaps his lack of desire to go and try and make it down south in the big leagues was due to family reasons or something. I just think he was very short sighted and lacked ambition, preferring to stay in a sort of 'comfort zone'. Look at Steven Fletcher who played in the same hibs team as Brown, he had the ambition and went down South, making a pretty decent career for himself playing in England with big clubs.

As for him returning to hibs at some point, if he is still good enough then I would absolutely take him back. However, I get what you mean about the whole patronising stuff and the whole kind of "awck well when celtic no longer want me I've always got hibs that'll have me". I wouldn't just take him back for old times sake and because he was ONCE a good player for us, only if he was still able to do a good job for us.

lucky
28-04-2016, 05:22 PM

Brown still has two years left on his £25k per week deal. He is also a testimonial next year as part of his deal.

lucky
28-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Who is the 7?

Henderson?
Stokes?
Keatings?
Dylan?
McGinn?

Martin and Logan

CraigHibee
28-04-2016, 05:24 PM
the problem we are up against is celtic will have a new manager in place over the summer, he will surely be wanting all players back for pre season to assess them (loanees included) if we are lucky we may get him back on loan again but i'd love to see him permanently

Bishop Hibee
28-04-2016, 05:49 PM
No chance of keeping him if we stay down. Slim chance of getting him if we go up.

I like him. He's improved a lot over the season and as has been said if he added goals to his game he'd be a great signing. A lot depends on what the new manager at Celtc makes of him but I'd imagine he'll have a look at all the players under contract pre-season,

Michael
28-04-2016, 06:02 PM
If I was Celtic I'd have Henderson over Brown. Brown was a great player, but he's a shadow of that now.

hibs0666
28-04-2016, 06:23 PM

Would love brown to finish his career at the club he supports.

Nicho87
28-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Would love brown to finish his career at the club he supports.

Rangers dont exist anymore.

Dashing Bob S
28-04-2016, 06:45 PM
If Hibs are in the Premier next season, we have a chance, in a McGeouch type deal. Henderson isn't the finished article yet, and won't get enough game time at Celtic to continue his development. They will be clearing out midfielders next season and Henderson will probably be one.

As others have said, he'll probably go south, especially if we stay in the championship.

Jonnyboy
28-04-2016, 07:04 PM
Just a wee aside.

When Stokes prods in No. 4, watch Liam at the bottom of the screen :greengrin

SkintHibby
28-04-2016, 07:08 PM
I know quite a few Celtic supporters in Livingston who know Liam and according to them, without going into details, no danger will Liam Henderson be at Hibs next season.

Aldo
28-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Just a wee aside. When Stokes prods in No. 4, watch Liam at the bottom of the screen :greengrin

It's fair to say he was pleased!!

Aldo
28-04-2016, 07:32 PM
I know quite a few Celtic supporters in Livingston who know Liam and according to them, without going into details, no danger will Liam Henderson be at Hibs next season.

I never thought we'd sign McGinn, McGeoch or indeed Stokes!!

Never say never!!

bingo70
28-04-2016, 07:32 PM

I don't think anybody knows that at this stage, including Liam Henderson. It's going to largely depend on who the new Celtic manager is and if they rate him.

Billy Whizz
28-04-2016, 07:34 PM

Would be surprised if that was his wording, Hibs have given him a great platform this season. Possibly might not be with us, but it's up to the new manager at Celtic to decide that

madabouthibs
28-04-2016, 09:25 PM
Liam is a dyed in the wool Celtic man, always has been, and he'll want to give it a pop with Celtic next season. If he's to leave Celtic though I'd be very disappointed if he didn't end up with us. Be an opportunity lost imo.

snooky
28-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Just a wee aside.

When Stokes prods in No. 4, watch Liam at the bottom of the screen :greengrin

:tsk tsk:

:wink:

lucky
29-04-2016, 07:07 AM

Liam himself does not know if he'll be at Celtic next season. He is waiting on who is going to announced as the new manager and to find out if he is in his plans. Unlikely he will be moving south as he's just bought and moved into his first flat.

pacoluna
29-04-2016, 07:41 AM
The boy was a big success at Rosenberg, a team I still regard as a pretty big European club. If celtic don't keep him there will be a flock of clubs after them. Promotion is a must to have any chance of keeping him.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-04-2016, 08:19 AM
Liam himself does not know if he'll be at Celtic next season. He is waiting on who is going to announced as the new manager and to find out if he is in his plans. Unlikely he will be moving south as he's just bought and moved into his first flat.

Good investment anyway whilst your first pad is special I guess the life of a football player is such you'll likely move around. Can always rent it. So I don't think it's a huge indicator (not impossible) but sounds like you may have more info

woodythehibee
29-04-2016, 08:21 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if he was loaned out again next season due to the lack of game time he will realistically get at Celtic. One would have thought that Hibs would be high on the list to get him for another season

dp00
29-04-2016, 08:47 AM
He has said all along like stokes he will be back at Celtic for pre season and fighting for a place in the Celtic team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allant1981
29-04-2016, 08:59 AM
He has said all along like stokes he will be back at Celtic for pre season and fighting for a place in the Celtic team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought stokes was out of contract at the end of the season?

Craig_in_Prague
29-04-2016, 09:01 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if he was loaned out again next season due to the lack of game time he will realistically get at Celtic. One would have thought that Hibs would be high on the list to get him for another season

I would say so, but only if we get promoted.

I'd imagine they'd expect him to play Premiership games next season as part of his progress.

hfcnic
29-04-2016, 09:04 AM
I would say so, but only if we get promoted.

I'd imagine they'd expect him to play Premiership games next season as part of his progress.

I think we have less chance of keeping him if we get promoted.

grammyb111
29-04-2016, 09:19 AM
Scott Brown lacked so much ambition IMO. At the age/point in his career he was when he left us in 2007 I believe he could have made it in England in at least the championship or at a lower table premier league side. Instead he went to Celtic and was happy to stay there. Fair enough hes done ok for himself, captained celtic and Scotland but the real test for players is down south where unlike at Celtic you regularly come up against top players and there is far more competition to challenge.

Now I don't know Scott personally, perhaps his lack of desire to go and try and make it down south in the big leagues was due to family reasons or something. I just think he was very short sighted and lacked ambition, preferring to stay in a sort of 'comfort zone'. Look at Steven Fletcher who played in the same hibs team as Brown, he had the ambition and went down South, making a pretty decent career for himself playing in England with big clubs.

As for him returning to hibs at some point, if he is still good enough then I would absolutely take him back. However, I get what you mean about the whole patronising stuff and the whole kind of "awck well when celtic no longer want me I've always got hibs that'll have me". I wouldn't just take him back for old times sake and because he was ONCE a good player for us, only if he was still able to do a good job for us.

I'm not sure comparing him to Fletcher actually puts either of them in a good light.

Asides from making a load of money, Fletcher has achieved very little in England. Brown on the other hand has won trophies and won more caps. Ok, Fletcher has played against better players week-in week-out, but Brown has played in the Champions League. If Fletcher had been picked up by one of the bigger teams and actually won something the story would be different, but as is I'm not sure if you gave Brown the choice that he'd swap careers with Fletcher...