PDA

View Full Version : Rio Ferdinand and Owen Hargreaves

Hibbyradge
27-04-2016, 09:34 PM
They add a lot to BT Sport's analysis, imo.

Mature, thoughtful and knowlegable.

Ian Wright, and to a lesser extent, Gary Lineker, look amateur compared to them.

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2016, 09:38 PM
Tbf Lineker is the presenter, he has a different set of talents and he does that well. Wright is a bit of a doughnut.

J-C
27-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Tbf Lineker is the presenter, he has a different set of talents and he does that well. Wright is a bit of a doughnut.

I like Ian Wright, he still talks like a punter rather than an ex player.

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2016, 09:42 PM
I like Ian Wright, he still talks like a punter rather than an ex player.He is a nice guy, seems passionate but his analysis isn't much compared to Neville for example

Glory Lurker
27-04-2016, 09:44 PM
I like Ian Wright, he still talks like a punter rather than an ex player.

Aw naw!!! When him and Shearer were on together on MOTD I used to want to kill my telly!

J-C
27-04-2016, 09:45 PM
He is a nice guy, seems passionate but his analysis isn't much compared to Neville for example

That's what I mean by sounding like a punter rather than an ex player, when you hear what he was like as a young lad, you realise why it took him a good few years to turn pro and make it, bit of a radge, stealing cars and flirting with jail with his hommies.

HoboHarry
27-04-2016, 10:13 PM
That's what I mean by sounding like a punter rather than an ex player, when you hear what he was like as a young lad, you realise why it took him a good few years to turn pro and make it, bit of a radge, stealing cars and flirting with jail with his hommies.

Perhaps but the majority of the Scottish TV and radio mob sound like punters as well and for the most part they are just awful. It's really sad how far English commentary teams are ahead of their Scottish colleagues.

J-C
27-04-2016, 10:20 PM
Perhaps but the majority of the Scottish TV and radio mob sound like punters as well and for the most part they are just awful. It's really sad how far English commentary teams are ahead of their Scottish colleagues.

Hence why I hate listening to that Sportsound mob, it's all we've got up here on a saturday and as for Sportscene :grr:

CB_NO3
27-04-2016, 10:23 PM
I can't stand Ian Wright. Talks rubbish.

jgl07
27-04-2016, 10:29 PM
I am ok with Hargreaves and to some extent Wright but Ferdinand is a idiot.

I think it was him mumbling on that Man City would struggle in Madrid because of the size of the Bernabeu pitch. It is 105m x 68m unlike the Etihad Stadium which is 105m x 68m!

Michael
27-04-2016, 11:22 PM
I am ok with Hargreaves and to some extent Wright but Ferdinand is a idiot.

I think it was him mumbling on that Man City would struggle in Madrid because of the size of the Bernabeu pitch. It is 105m x 68m unlike the Etihad Stadium which is 105m x 68m!

He's not wrong - they've lost 5 at home in the league this season!

Baader
27-04-2016, 11:48 PM
Worked a good bit with Gary Lineker over the years. Consummate professional and very good at his job. Top man.

lyonhibs
28-04-2016, 06:14 AM
Ian Wright Wright Wright as a player transforms into Ian Wrong Wrong Wrong as a pundit IMO.

SuperAllyMcleod
28-04-2016, 08:44 AM

I couldn't agree more - remember him being a pundit when England lost and he took the huff and didn't want to talk about it!

Don't get me started on Hoddle though - an absolute master at stating the bleeding obvious - usually five minutes after its happened. I have to turn the sound off when BT have him doing co commentary.

IrnBru22
28-04-2016, 09:48 AM

:top marks

Dunbar Hibee
28-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Hargreaves is actually a good pundit, but man does his accent(s) annoy me. :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
28-04-2016, 10:53 AM

Too right

Remember when Shaun Wright-Phillips was the answer to every question and problem in a post Engerland or MOTD analysis?

No idea how he keeps getting pundit work!

SJM
28-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Hargreaves is actually a good pundit, but man does his accent(s) annoy me. :greengrin

Yeah he surprised me a couple of weeks ago commentating on city v psg.

WeeRussell
28-04-2016, 11:26 AM
They add a lot to BT Sport's analysis, imo.

Mature, thoughtful and knowlegable.

Ian Wright, and to a lesser extent, Gary Lineker, look amateur compared to them.

Ian Wright would look amateur sat next to me!

... and I talk some amount of pish!*

*500 odd of my posts will testify to that.

Winston Ingram
28-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Agreed. Hargreaves though good in the studio is an awful co-commentator.

LaMotta
28-04-2016, 12:38 PM

Depends whose on up here. Michael Stewart, Craig Paterson, Pat Nevin and Tom English are all pretty decent. And they might not be getting paid as much as their English counterparts :greengrin

pacoluna
28-04-2016, 02:51 PM
I personally don't rate thierry henry as a pundit on sky, as world class as he was as a footballer he seems to waffle on a lot in the studio.

SJM
28-04-2016, 04:43 PM
I personally don't rate thierry henry as a pundit on sky, as world class as he was as a footballer he seems to waffle on a lot in the studio.

I think he will be a top manager in the future though.

Billy Whizz
28-04-2016, 07:00 PM
I think he will be a top manager in the future though.

Everyone thought the same about Gary Neville!

Jonnyboy
28-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Depends whose on up here. Michael Stewart, Craig Paterson, Pat Nevin and Tom English are all pretty decent. And they might not be getting paid as much as their English counterparts :greengrin

I'm liking Tam McManus. Comes across very well, does Tam :agree:

LaMotta
28-04-2016, 07:09 PM

Agree JB should have mentioned him too. Even heard Hertz fans saying he is decent!

SuperAllyMcleod
28-04-2016, 07:22 PM

Ok apart from using the phrase 'Hibsed it' once or twice. You would think he would know better.

brianmc
28-04-2016, 07:35 PM
3 relays of dos Santos taking a knee to the top of his calf, which he then fell down clutching. Hargreaves says "I think he's just twisted his ankle". Do BT pay for this expert analysis???

Jonnyboy
28-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Ok apart from using the phrase 'Hibsed it' once or twice. You would think he would know better.

Never heard that, but ........... Tam :slipper:

:greengrin

WeeRussell
29-04-2016, 11:39 AM

Totally agree - there are an abundance of English commentators and pundits who are more annoying than what we generally have to offer.

.. did you put Craig Paterson in for a laugh though :confused::greengrin

LaMotta
29-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Totally agree - there are an abundance of English commentators and pundits who are more annoying than what we generally have to offer.

.. did you put Craig Paterson in for a laugh though :confused::greengrin

Haha i like him...maybe just cos he has Hibs leanings!!

jgl07
29-04-2016, 01:05 PM
What do you expect he was born in Canada and played seven years for Bayern Munich before moving to Manchester. With a Welsh father and English mother it is not surprising he accent is that 'mixed up'.

He is only the second player to represent England without having played football in the English League system.

We all know who the first was!

jdships
29-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Ian Wright Wright Wright as a player transforms into Ian Wrong Wrong Wrong as a pundit IMO.

:agree:
Can't believe BBC/BT still keep him on
" Brings very little to the table.
Rio F I admire as he has worked hard on his presentation and chat :thumbsup:

Dunbar Hibee
29-04-2016, 01:29 PM
What do you expect he was born in Canada and played seven years for Bayern Munich before moving to Manchester. With a Welsh father and English mother it is not surprising he accent is that 'mixed up'.

He is only the second player to represent England without having played football in the English League system.

We all know who the first was!

Haha yeah I know, just sounds weird!! Like I said I think he's a good pundit, knows his stuff.

Stevie Reid
29-04-2016, 01:46 PM
I think the whole BT Sport lot are good actually.

Lineker is the best sports presenter on the telly, bar none, IMO.

Edson Arantes
29-04-2016, 01:46 PM
Liked Wrighty when he played and still like him now.

Stevie Reid
29-04-2016, 03:51 PM
Liked Wrighty when he played and still like him now.

I find him a likeable character also - used to find him a bit annoying and rather limited in his punditry when he first started out, but actually quite enjoy listening to his thoughts on games now.

Phil MaGlass
30-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Wright. Great player. Thick as pig5hit punter. Shearer isnae much better. Dont get me started on BBC,s lack of knowledge when it comes to EC,s or WC,s. Thank god i dont have to pay the licence and can watch the games on foreign channels where there is a depth of knowledge and great analysis on games. I really feel sorry for folk stuck with the BBC or Sportsound especially during the world cup.The BBC have absolutely no knowledge of other countries unless theres a specific player playing in england, then they focus on that player. Its cringeworthy. If Lineker.Shearer and wright is the best they can do then all is lost.

JimBHibees
01-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Wright. Great player. Thick as pig5hit punter. Shearer isnae much better. Dont get me started on BBC,s lack of knowledge when it comes to EC,s or WC,s. Thank god i dont have to pay the licence and can watch the games on foreign channels where there is a depth of knowledge and great analysis on games. I really feel sorry for folk stuck with the BBC or Sportsound especially during the world cup.The BBC have absolutely no knowledge of other countries unless theres a specific player playing in england, then they focus on that player. Its cringeworthy. If Lineker.Shearer and wright is the best they can do then all is lost.

Spot on especially around the lack of knowledge re other leagues and teams, very insular and ignorant.