PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CUP FINAL TICKET INFORMATION

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
27-04-2016, 04:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6444)

Callum7
27-04-2016, 04:02 PM
Looking forward to it:aok:

Pretty Boy
27-04-2016, 04:02 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6444)

Common sense prevails. :agree:

Gatecrasher
27-04-2016, 04:06 PM

Yup, it was the right thing to do.

Just Jimmy
27-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Non st holder. Hibs have got this spot on. Well done.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JennaFletcher
27-04-2016, 04:10 PM
Seems fair enough just surprised they're not giving supporters with more loyalty points a head start on 1 point+. I guess it's to ensure people are sitting next to friends and family right enough and to encourage more ST sales.

Can't wait for the game :flag:

Pete
Fair enough but I would have set the bar a bit higher for the second wave.

This could be the biggest hint yet that the loyalty point system isn't going to be used next season.

Golden Bear

Aye , that's all very well, BUT!

:blah::blah::blah:

:greengrin

jodjam
27-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Daughter just turned 16 so gonna be an expensive day

Ozyhibby
27-04-2016, 04:14 PM
The end of the loyalty points system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
27-04-2016, 04:16 PM

I don't think so. Use it where necessary, when we have a limited allocation.

Golden Bear
27-04-2016, 04:17 PM

:agree:

Looks like it. The theory was sound enough but it must have been an administrative nightmare in practice.

HibsNutter
27-04-2016, 04:19 PM
Loyalty system isn't really required for this, come to think of it. But it can still be used for games such as Tynie/Ibrox with limited allocation.

Hibs have done the right thing here though, well done:aok::aok:

Andy74
27-04-2016, 04:20 PM

Seems pretty much what it was intended for if you ask me. If you have some attendance to show you get a head start between season tickets and general sale. Might have been staggered a bit but there's lots of tickets.

jodjam
27-04-2016, 04:21 PM

I got a lengthy reply from Leeann about the scheme. She didn't confirm if it was dead but would allay my fears before i renewed ST. I think it will be canned

hibee-boys
27-04-2016, 04:22 PM
It was always going to be this way and rightly so, some of the suggestions on here were ludicrous, 3 waves are manageable, anymore and it would've become silly season.

HibsNutter
27-04-2016, 04:23 PM
It was always going to be this way and rightly so, some of the suggestions on here were ludicrous, 3 waves are manageable, anymore and it would've become silly season.

Agreed, although think it's unlikely to even reach the third wave.

LancashireHibby
27-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Essentially there's absolutely no point in having a loyalty points system if there isn't going to be any sort of differentiation between a non-ST holder with 50-200 points and a non-ST holder who has been to one game in two years. Yes we jump ahead of 'wave 3' but anyone on the database without any loyalty points is effectively someone who has merely registered online and never even attended just one game.

Bring back the membership scheme!

Pete
27-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Bloody annoying how Rangers are automatically given the West. No favourites in Scottish football aye right.

itslegaltender
27-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Essentially there's absolutely no point in having a loyalty points system if there isn't going to be any sort of differentiation between a non-ST holder with 50-200 points and a non-ST holder who has been to one game in two years. Yes we jump ahead of 'wave 3' but anyone on the database without any loyalty points is effectively someone who has merely registered online and never even attended just one game.

What was the pots of loyalty numbers announced before the League cup semi final, this might allay some fears.

We are looking at say 12k max going out to season ticket holders for this and next season?

marinello59
27-04-2016, 04:30 PM

There is no need for further waves, we have loads of tickets. The club got this right.

LancashireHibby
27-04-2016, 04:32 PM
There is no need for further waves, we have loads of tickets. The club got this right.
We sold 28,000 for the League Cup Final. We have 21,000 for this one. That doesn't suggest 'loads' to me.

marinello59
27-04-2016, 04:37 PM
We sold 28,000 for the League Cup Final. We have 21,000 for this one. That doesn't suggest 'loads' to me.

That went to general sale. The club will know just how many people have the various level of points so setting wave 2 at just 1 suggests we have enough tickets for those who qualify.

1987kev
27-04-2016, 04:38 PM
How many season ticket did we sell this year? Anybody got rough idea how many we sold for next season?

adhibs
27-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Im goin one of the ones having a moan this around. Collected 235 points and im lumped in to try and get tickets with people who've been once in two seasons. If there hadnt been many occasions when ive paid at the pods wouldve had far more as well, not that it matters in the end anyway. Dragged myself to many midweek games on my tod when no ones been up for it, thinking the system would make sure i was looked after when it game to these games. Seems having a hibs tv subscription is valued nore than attendance.

SJM
27-04-2016, 04:39 PM
So you can subscribe to hibs tv and jump the que to sales 2? Could be well worth a tenner!

Pete
27-04-2016, 04:42 PM
So you can subscribe to hibs tv and jump the que to sales 2? Could be well worth a tenner!

Buying a match ticket would do the same thing (get you into the second wave).

GreenLake
27-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Bloody annoying how Rangers are automatically given the West. No favourites in Scottish football aye right.

Is that not because it's a shorter knuckle drag to Govan?

itslegaltender
27-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Cant understand why they didnt segment the waves after season ticket to say 90 points above then 1 to 89 after that. Sickener.

mghibs
27-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Im goin one of the ones having a moan this around. Collected 235 points and im lumped in to try and get tickets with people who've been once in two seasons. If there hadnt been many occasions when ive paid at the pods wouldve had far more as well, not that it matters in the end anyway. Dragged myself to many midweek games on my tod when no ones been up for it, thinking the system would make sure i was looked after when it game to these games. Seems having a hibs tv subscription is valued nore than attendance.

I agree with this, having been to many games home and away this season, and while granted I have a season ticket I feel for people who have made an effort to attend this season and will have as much of a chance of a decent seat as those who have hardy showed up.

hibee
27-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Is it possible to get to our seats in the South from the East of the stadium without fighting through thousands of Rangers fans?

I would prefer to sit there with the kids to give them a chance of seeing the game.

I normally park around The Shed / Langside Avenue area and walk round as we have family that live around there but guess that won't be a wise move this time?

SeanWilson
27-04-2016, 04:51 PM

Get over it, you'll get a ticket if you want one.

Michael
27-04-2016, 04:52 PM

What difference does it make?

Big_Franck
27-04-2016, 04:54 PM

I think the argument is not that those with 200 points won't get a ticket, but that they won't get the chance to choose their seats before the 1 pointers do.

We should all get seats somewhere in the ground but IMO semi regular attenders should have got to pick their seats before it opened to those that have never attended IMO. Especially at a stadium like Hampden where there are parts of the East where you are miles away from the pitch.

stantonhibby
27-04-2016, 04:54 PM
What difference does it make?

More boozers and better transport links that end.

DH1875
27-04-2016, 04:56 PM
What's to stop Johnny Hun from buying a ticket for the QOS game and getting on the database? Honestly think they should have had an extra wave of say 50+ points.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Absolute joke, my 200+ loyalty points, sons 100+ count for nothing and we've got same priority as someone who's never been to a game in their life will have if they buy a ticket for Sunday.

hibsquaker
27-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Is it possible to get to our seats in the South from the East of the stadium without fighting through thousands of Rangers fans?

I would prefer to sit there with the kids to give them a chance of seeing the game.

I normally park around The Shed / Langside Avenue area and walk round as we have family that live around there but guess that won't be a wise move this time?

Good question I was thinking the same. Anyone?

SJM
27-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Buying a match ticket would do the same thing (get you into the second wave).

Didn't notice the one point or more dude 👍🏻

Callum7
27-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Absolute joke, my 200+ loyalty points, sons 100+ count for nothing and we've got same priority as someone who's never been to a game in their life will have if they buy a ticket for Sunday.

Agree, there should've been a extra wave for those with 90 points and above.

SJM
27-04-2016, 05:01 PM

Have to agree and feel sorry for guys like you but hopefully you will get a ticket regardless.

SJM
27-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Agree, there should've been a extra wave for those with 90 points and above.

Maybe time constraints.

adhibs
27-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Get over it, you'll get a ticket if you want one.

hardly guranteed is it. got as much chance as a hun who buys a ticket for our game on sunday.

Makaveli
27-04-2016, 05:04 PM
I've got 415 points, been spending £22 for all these low-attendance games, countless games this season and every other, home and away, and now because no ST I'm lumped in with folk who have been to one game. I'll get a ticket and the points will likely come into play for the playoffs but it's still not right. Not when it was explicitly stated in writing that points would be used for high demand games.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/pages/loyaltypoints ——— "How will tickets be distributed? From the 2015/16 season ticket sales will be done in point bands. This will mean that the sale of tickets will be staggered for the matches where there is a high demand for tickets, where those who have accumulated the most points by pre-purchasing tickets for both home and away matches will get the opportunity to purchase their tickets first."

No one is asking for ten staggered sales bands, but nothing between 1 point and several hundred?

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2016, 05:07 PM
hardly guranteed is it. got as much chance as a hun who buys a ticket for our game on sunday.

Callum7
27-04-2016, 05:08 PM

Actually it was said in the St Johnstone ticket event that 20,000 hibees had at least 1 point (assuming these numbers haven't changed) he is garanteed a ticket.

Pete
27-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Have to agree and feel sorry for guys like you but hopefully you will get a ticket regardless.

I reckon there will be about 6000 available for wave two so you should get one if you're online on the day. It is a big jump from 1 to 2 though.

ieastherein1973
27-04-2016, 05:10 PM
O am not that regular am attender but have +200 points, both my sons have +300 points (and we're there last night) we are lumped together with my brother who has only been to one game in two years, really feel let down by the club.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Pete
27-04-2016, 05:13 PM
More boozers and better transport links that end.

It's also the principle. Can you imagine Arsenal or Chelsea having a specific end at Wembley all the time because it's "traditional"?

green day
27-04-2016, 05:15 PM

Dont understand what you mean?

The bit of the South Hibs get is right next to the East - it will be 100% Hibs?????

i.e. same as for the Dundee Utd game

Pete
27-04-2016, 05:17 PM

The bit of the South Hibs get is right next to the East - it will be 100% Hibs?????

I think you have to go via the west end of the ground to get there though.

Ozyhibby
27-04-2016, 05:21 PM
Season tickets on sale now for 16/17 if anyone wants to get in the first wave of sales.

Keith_M
27-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Whatever Hibs decide is OK with me.

I just hope everybody has a great day.

:flag:

Golden Bear
27-04-2016, 05:23 PM

Not at all, there is access from the "Hibs end"

Keith_M
27-04-2016, 05:24 PM
O am not that regular am attender but have +200 points, both my sons have +300 points (and we're there last night) we are lumped together with my brother who has only been to one game in two years, really feel let down by the club.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Don't worry, you'll all get a ticket.

hibee
27-04-2016, 05:24 PM

Yes I know that but thought you might have to walk all the way round the Rangers end to get in.

green day
27-04-2016, 05:25 PM

Nope, like I said I was at the South (area I5) for the Dundee Utd game and the Ross County Final.

We parked South of Hampden off Menock Road and walked up Aitkenhead Road (by Kingswood bowling club and the Beechwood bar) and it takes you directly into either the Hibs bit of the South or the East.

Keith_M
27-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Yes I know that but thought you might have to walk all the way round the Rangers end to get in.

You can get the train to Kings Park Stn.

It'll mostly be Hibbies you pass on the way.

SunshineOnLeith
27-04-2016, 05:28 PM

So? You're going to get a ticket.

Pete
Nope, like I said I was at the South (area I5) for the Dundee Utd game and the Ross County Final.

We parked South of Hampden off Menock Road and walked up Aitkenhead Road (by Kingswood bowling club and the Beechwood bar) and it takes you directly into either the Hibs bit of the South or the East.

My mistake. I'll remember that. :aok:

Waxy
Why have a loyalty point system? What good are my 140 point? I didn't have a problem getting a ticket for the semi but hibs turn around and say stuff you?
Agree with season tickets getting what they're getting but it's gone very wrong after that.Not impressed at all.

SunshineOnLeith
27-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Delighted that there's student concessions for this, unexpected bonus!

Carheenlea
27-04-2016, 05:30 PM
The loyalty scheme was working just fine before the HSL points award debacle and subsequent rows about how else to award points without attending games. The scheme in it's original form would easily have allowed those who have supported the club most throughout the campaign , both ST holder and walk - up, to be given priority. To go from ST's to 1 point or more is pretty unfair.
Sadly, like many initiatives that work fine, some people can't help but mess about with them and end up rendering them redundant.

danhibees1875
27-04-2016, 05:31 PM
Season tickets on sale now for 16/17 if anyone wants to get in the first wave of sales.

Whilst true, let's not start making it seem like people should just drop 400 quid to guarantee their chance go to a football game.

The loyalty points should have been better utilised by hibs, I can't see how anyone could argue against that fact.

green day
27-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Whilst true, let's not start making it seem like people should just drop 400 quid to guarantee their chance go to a football game.

The loyalty points should have been better utilised by hibs, I can't see how anyone could argue against that fact.

Maybe (just maybe) hibs know how many people have STs / Have renewed / waves of points.............and just maybe they have worked out that this way will work out just fine for most???

SunshineOnLeith
27-04-2016, 05:39 PM

Why should they have been? If you've got points and you want a ticket, buy one in the first day or so of that wave. Don't see why you'd want others excluded at this stage other than to massage your ego.

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2016, 05:40 PM
How easy and quick is it to get my Dad on the database? I normally buy his ticket with mine, which means I might have a problem getting him a seat beside me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

hibee
27-04-2016, 05:41 PM
How easy and quick is it to get my Dad on the database? I normally buy his ticket with mine, which means I might have a problem getting him a seat beside me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I would imagine he just needs to register online and buy a ticket for Sunday?

Billy Whizz
27-04-2016, 05:43 PM
I would imagine he just needs to register online and buy a ticket for Sunday?

What's to stop a Rangers fan doing this?

Diclonius
27-04-2016, 05:47 PM
More than fine for me and my Dad. Will be on Wednesday morning clicking the **** out of the system hoping to get a non-East seat. :agree:

Big_Franck
27-04-2016, 05:48 PM

Absolutely nothing.

adhibs
27-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Actually it was said in the St Johnstone ticket event that 20,000 hibees had at least 1 point (assuming these numbers haven't changed) he is garanteed a ticket.

Different this time around with the additional ticket for renewers, which I agree they deserve btw. A number of these tickets may go to people with 0 points, or they may go to people who qualify to buy in wave 2, who in turn use there reference to buy for others. It opens sales up to more than the 20k you mention so theres no gurantees.

bigwheel
27-04-2016, 05:50 PM

They are going to have to compete online or at the ticket office for only a few thousand tickets - so it would give them no guarantees

Billy Whizz
I'm fine as I'm a season ticket holder, and have renewed. Feel sorry that the club haven't recognised the fans with a number of loyalty points, who get banded with fans who rarely ever go.
Would be nice if Hibs could explain their thinking behind this

Pete

They'll have to use a computer.

danhibees1875
27-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Why should they have been? If you've got points and you want a ticket, buy one in the first day or so of that wave. Don't see why you'd want others excluded at this stage other than to massage your ego.

I don't think everyone who wants a ticket will get one, and accordingly we should use the loyalty points system. This is surely one of the games it was designed for.

Nothing about ego massaging, all about people who attend regularly being rewarded for doing such.

GreenLake
27-04-2016, 06:01 PM
They'll have to use a computer.
:faf:

SJM
27-04-2016, 06:07 PM
I don't think everyone who wants a ticket will get one, and accordingly we should use the loyalty points system. This is surely one of the games it was designed for.

Nothing about ego massaging, all about people who attend regularly being rewarded for doing such.

I reckon everyone will get one who wants one. Always this panic.

Speedy
27-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Having a 90+ point wave would have been fairer (I have less than that btw so not being biased).

However, I won't argue too much because I suspect the decision is a combination of a) trying to promote season ticket sales and b) knowing that everyone with 1+ point will get a ticket if they want one.

danhibees1875
27-04-2016, 06:12 PM
You think we max out at 21000 people who want to watch us in a Scottish cup final?

Most won't miss out, but some will and those some shouldn't be people who attend regularly.

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2016, 06:14 PM
I'm fine as I'm a season ticket holder, and have renewed. Feel sorry that the club haven't recognised the fans with a number of loyalty points, who get banded with fans who rarely ever go.

It doesn't take much explaining mate. Hibs message is clear, if you want to guarantee a ticket buy a season ticket. I agree its unfair on walk ups with 90 points or more ...... but I doubt that was the first thing on the boards mind as they surveyed the swathes of empty seats at the Falkirk game, the Sevco game or last night, which were all vital in the context of our season, but even then all but ignored by everybody but the die hards.

No wonder they are doing what they can to avoid every crowd being sub 7,000 next season if we don't go up.

bigwheel
27-04-2016, 06:15 PM

Think it's simple Billy - they want to encourage more ST renewals ....

Biggie
27-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Why have a loyalty point system? What good are my 140 point? I didn't have a problem getting a ticket for the semi but hibs turn around and say stuff you?
Agree with season tickets getting what they're getting but it's gone very wrong after that.Not impressed at all.

I agree mate, I can't make every week so no point buying a season ticket, but I've built up 210 points thinking it would get me in to the big games, only to find I'm slugging it out with everyone else.

green day
27-04-2016, 06:17 PM
You think we max out at 21000 people who want to watch us in a Scottish cup final?

Most won't miss out, but some will and those some shouldn't be people who attend regularly.

If I was in that position, I would buy a hospitality ticket.....or ask a mate, or some other avenue. If you want one, you will get one.

I never had an issue getting a final ticket, even when I was an occasional walk up.

Carheenlea
27-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Think it's simple Billy - they want to encourage more ST renewals ....

While at the same time disregarding the fans who for whatever reason don't have season tickets, but have supported the club throughout the season. Don't understand the logic with this at all.

OsloHibs
27-04-2016, 06:21 PM

Us overseas hibs fans put money into the club every month. Don't have a dig at us please.

danhibees1875
27-04-2016, 06:22 PM
If I was in that position, I would buy a hospitality ticket.....or ask a mate, or some other avenue. If you want one, you will get one.

I never had an issue getting a final ticket, even when I was an occasional walk up.
So people should just make alternative arrangements to get a ticket rather than expect the loyalty points system to work as advertised.

Well, good luck to them.

Since90+2
27-04-2016, 06:22 PM
Absolutely mental decision by Hibs to have the second wave as 1 ticket.

Once Sevco fans get wind of this they will register and there will be hundreds of them in our end. Guaranteed.

J-C
27-04-2016, 06:25 PM

Once Sevco fans get wind of this they will register and there will be hundreds of them in our end. Guaranteed.

Your have to have points for the 2 wave,that means on the dataBase having paid for a ticket, how many hun fans have done that, calm down ffs.

Ronniekirk
27-04-2016, 06:26 PM
Debenture seats in South Upper are 42 quid

Waxy
27-04-2016, 06:27 PM

Once Sevco fans get wind of this they will register and there will be hundreds of them in our end. Guaranteed.It's pretty digusting.Hibs introduce the loyalty points scheme then show no loyalty to a big section of the support by basically scraping it when it matters.Maybe they just want a bumper crowd of newbies this weekend? Far from happy.It's the principle.

stantonhibby
27-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Debenture seats in South Upper are 42 quid

How do you get hold of them.....need to know a debenture holder?

Since90+2
27-04-2016, 06:29 PM
Your have to have points for the 2 wave,that means on the dataBase having paid for a ticket, how many hush average done that, calm down ffs.

I think we are underestimating the size of the active Rangers support, the could probably sell about 70,000 for this game. They are only officially being allocated 21,500 tickets so yes a good amount will buy a ticket for Sunday and try their luck online for a final ticket.

And there is also nothing to stop them potentially buying in groups.

Putting the wave at 11 points even would have taken away any risk of this. I would bet Hibs never even gave it a thought.

paddy1875
27-04-2016, 06:31 PM
Your have to have points for the 2 wave,that means on the dataBase having paid for a ticket, how many hun fans have done that, calm down ffs.

Having thought about what he's said, I think he's right. All they need to do is register, buy a ticket for the queen of the south game and they can then purchase a ticket in the hibs end in the second wave.

Don't think many will but it's still quite a poor way to work it

Waxy
27-04-2016, 06:32 PM
I think we are underestimating the size of the active Rangers support, the could probably sell about 70,000 for this game. They are only officially being allocated 21,500 tickets so yes a good amount will buy a ticket for Sunday and try their luck online for a final ticket.

Putting the wave at 11 points even would have taken away any risk of this. I would bet Hibs never even gave it a thought.Pretty sure Hibs should quickly change the second wave points.It's a no brainer.

hibeesjoe
27-04-2016, 06:32 PM
If 29000 went too the league cup final then how is everyone that wants a ticket guaranteed? Don't follow the logic on that one

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2016, 06:33 PM
absolutely astonished the club have done this

brianmc
27-04-2016, 06:34 PM
It doesn't take much explaining mate. Hibs message is clear, if you want to guarantee a ticket buy a season ticket. I agree its unfair on walk ups with 90 points or more ...... but I doubt that was the first thing on the boards mind as they surveyed the swathes of empty seats at the Falkirk game, the Sevco game or last night, which were all vital in the context of our season, but even then all but ignored by everybody but the die hards.

No wonder they are doing what they can to avoid every crowd being sub 7,000 next season if we don't go up.

100% this. We need all the fans we can get EVERY game. You'd think with some of the moaning going on about folk missing out on getting a ticket that we had an average home crowd of 60,000 FFS.

Ronniekirk
27-04-2016, 06:34 PM
How do you get hold of them.....need to know a debenture holder?

At this stage yes They get first Dibs but the guy i know has got two in the bag with possibility of another two next week but in a different part of the South Upper
After that assume any spare debenture seats are up for grabs but not sure how S F A do that might be worth enquiring
Seems unfair but thats the way it works Got four together no problem for the Semi Final

SunshineOnLeith
27-04-2016, 06:35 PM
It's pretty digusting.Hibs introduce the loyalty points scheme then show no loyalty to a big section of the support by basically scraping it when it matters.Maybe they just want a bumper crowd of newbies this weekend? Far from happy.It's the principle.

What principle? Log on/call up in the morning of the 12th and buy a ticket.

itslegaltender
27-04-2016, 06:36 PM
Hibs have to at least amend 2nd wave to 1 point gained as of now. That will resolve potential Rangers fans issue. Why on earth they didn't follow the league cup final segments is beyond me (albeit replace 1st wave with the current one).

SJM
27-04-2016, 06:37 PM

There will be a few who miss but it's costly and against the Huns. Hardly the family final.

The Green Goblin
27-04-2016, 06:38 PM
One notable difference this time round is that they have not made any distinction between UK and overseas Hibs TV subscribers and don't seem to be offering International Hibs TV subscribers travelling back from overseas a ticket, as they have always done in previous years.

When wave 2 starts, for example, a Hibs TV subscriber in Leith and a Hibs TV subscriber in Australia thinking of coming over, and a fan who registers now, as loads of folk will probably do (including The Rangers fans who go to the QotS game?!) will have the same chance of getting a ticket. That chance will come on May 12th, just 9 days before the game. The overseas Hibs TV subscriber contingent is very, very small (maybe 30-40 people at the very most? Possibly even less?) and, IMHO, :greengrin, I always thought it was a decent gesture to offer a single ticket to Hibs TV subscribers coming from the other side of the world (especially as that included me!) given the distance and expense involved. I think this will give a few folk a problem with deciding whether or not to get flights etc. As I said, I'm not arguing those fans like myself are any more deserving, and I was careful with my words earlier: it was a "decent gesture", not an expectation, but we buy a digital ST and watch all the games too. I'll be honest, I'm a bit disappointed they haven't taken it into account this time too. I was in Brazil until last year and a flight back from Lisbon won't be the end of the world if I can't get a ticket in the end. However, if I was one of those lads in the States, or Australia, wondering about buying a flight without knowing for sure...? Hmmm. Just my thoughts on it. Not everyone will be happy, but I do hope that everyone who wants a ticket gets one.

HibbyAndy
27-04-2016, 06:40 PM
I'm getting me and the kids season tickets next season so delighted i'l be able to get a guaranteed 3 tickets, How do you find out you're client ref number though as season tickets aint been posted out yet ??

Since90+2
27-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Pretty sure Hibs should quickly change the second wave points.It's a no brainer.

If anyone has LD's email they should drop her an email about it asap.

Might sound like we are being dramatic but it could genuinely end up with bother in the stands the way it's been done.

Diclonius
27-04-2016, 06:41 PM
If there is a single Rangers fan taking a ticket away from a Hibs fan then that is inexcusable.

Gatecrasher
27-04-2016, 06:45 PM
You have to laugh at times though, we couldn't even reach 7000 last night now all of a sudden 21000 is no enough. The board have done the right thing here by ensuring maximum possible income for the club.

Waxy
27-04-2016, 06:50 PM
You have to laugh at times though, we couldn't even reach 7000 last night now all of a sudden 21000 is no enough. The board have done the right thing here by ensuring maximum possible income for the club.It could backfire.If i dont get a ticket and i find there is one single rangers fan got in the hibs end, i'll take my own protest.

Golden Bear
27-04-2016, 06:53 PM
How would someone acquire a single point in any case and presumably there will be a cut off point for fans who want to register on the database?

Brooster
27-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Feel the rage from infrequent attenders. Great decision by Hibs, look after the lifeblood of the club. I can see almost 21k going to season ticket holders.....its the one and only way to guarantee a ticket by the way.

Broken Gnome
27-04-2016, 06:59 PM
Feel the rage from infrequent attenders. Great decision by Hibs, look after the lifeblood of the club. I can see almost 21k going to season ticket holders.....its the one and only way to guarantee a ticket by the way.

How on earth would that be the case?

Andy74
27-04-2016, 06:59 PM
If confirmation was ever needed that loyalty points have caused more issues than they have solved...

J-C
27-04-2016, 07:00 PM

Putting the wave at 11 points even would have taken away any risk of this. I would bet Hibs never even gave it a thought.

TBH I hadn't even thought of that, makes what Hibs are doing even more ridiculous. Maybe a good few mail sent off to let them know how people feel.

Michael
27-04-2016, 07:01 PM

We must be filling in the corners!

Brooster
27-04-2016, 07:02 PM

We have 8.5k season ticket holders and just say by next Wednesday we have sold 8.5k for next season. That makes 17k in one swoop.

Golden Bear
27-04-2016, 07:03 PM

No real arguments but I think there will be a surprising amount available to non season ticket holders.

SunshineOnLeith
27-04-2016, 07:04 PM
If, as now looks the case, the loyalty scheme is going to be dropped then maybe they just won't award points for Sunday, thus eliminating the possibility of huns getting into the system.

lyonhibs
27-04-2016, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=J-C;4662917]Your have to have points for the 2 wave,that means on the dataBase having paid for a ticket, how many hun fans have done that, calm down ffs.[/QUO

Not many. Yet. You're playing kiddy on if you don't think a good few of the more computer literate amongst them don't do so for the QoS game.

I'm a big fan of the loyalty scheme and what it sets out to - in theory - achieve but for me it's not just a numbers game of Hibs calculating how many folk qualify under criteria X or Y. There should have been slightly more refinement in the swing of the waves so that folk who've been regular attendees got a shot at better tickets, given the variable quality of seats at Hamdump, than someone who've been once in the last 2 years.

Golden Bear
27-04-2016, 07:07 PM
If, as now looks the case, the loyalty scheme is going to be dropped then maybe they just won't award points for Sunday, thus eliminating the possibility of huns getting into the system.

Yip,hence my previous post about a cut off point

Salt N Sauzee
27-04-2016, 07:12 PM

Slavering!

Beefster
27-04-2016, 07:23 PM

Yup.

Nicho87
27-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Loyal walk ups now in situation as a fan attending one game bizarre its not been staggered

adhibs
27-04-2016, 07:25 PM
You have to laugh at times though, we couldn't even reach 7000 last night now all of a sudden 21000 is no enough. The board have done the right thing here by ensuring maximum possible income for the club.

It has clearly been done to maximize income but, the club have already collected considerable revenue from supporters, telling them in return for your support you'll receive loyalty points which will be used for games like this. That support and income stream has been completely disregarded and the rule book tore up to chase new revenue. Bit of a dirty move that is shafting a number of people.

adhibs
27-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Us overseas hibs fans put money into the club every month. Don't have a dig at us please.

from the paragraph at the bottom i assumed hibs tv subscribers were being guranteed tickets like the league cup final. I got that wrong though so apologies for any offence,.

SON OF PADDY
27-04-2016, 07:32 PM

Correct !!
Not the most pleasant experience.😈

bigwheel
27-04-2016, 07:34 PM
While at the same time disregarding the fans who for whatever reason don't have season tickets, but have supported the club throughout the season. Don't understand the logic with this at all.

Times are tough - I think it's right we are taking an approach that encourages renewals ....

BoomtownHibees
27-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Correct !!
Not the most pleasant experience.😈

It's not correct at all. You can access the south stand coming from the east. Absolutely no reason to go anywhere near the west stand

Golden Bear
27-04-2016, 07:39 PM
It's not correct at all. You can access the south stand coming from the east. Absolutely no reason to go anywhere near the west stand

I concur.

GordonHFC
27-04-2016, 07:42 PM

Cut across the grass and car park at the back of the East and it will take you straight to the South Stand

erin go bragh
27-04-2016, 07:45 PM
I've renewed my season tickets but it's a joke that someone with one point has as much chance of a ticket than someone with 200 plus .

GGTTH

27-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Its a bit of a thankless task for the club tbf. There is never going to be a perfect way of going about this, there are always going to be some people unhappy with it

Green-Hibee-7
27-04-2016, 07:49 PM
I've got a season ticket and go to the majority of away games so I'm fine for my ticket.

I do feel for people that have attended a decent number of games getting lumped in with someone been to next to none and potentially missing out.

End of the day a crowd of 6,500 hibs fans turned up yesterday assuming 90% of those were season tickets, they are all looked after and that's the main thing. I also hope it convinces many to buy a season ticket to guarantee a seat. Sure this happened for the hearts game!

jakedance
27-04-2016, 07:54 PM
I'm very disappointed that with 140 points I've got as good a chance of a ticket as someone with one point. The club have marketed loyalty points on false pretences.

From the launch "the Club wants to be able to put into place a mechanism which tracks and prioritises not just season ticket holders when it comes to the must have ticket games but instead opens up priority ticketing to all supporters."

The statement goes on to say:

How will this benefit supporters?

When tickets go on sale for hugely popular games where demand is likely to exceed the allocation, supporters with the most loyalty points will be able to purchase tickets first. Therefore attending more matches, home and away, will mean that you will have a greater chance of being able to attend the games where there is limited allocation.

How will tickets be distributed?

In future, ticket sales will be done in point bands. This will mean that the sale of tickets will be staggered for the matches where there is a high demand for tickets, where those who have accumulated the most points by pre-purchasing tickets for both home and away matches will get the opportunity to purchase their tickets first. This will help stagger any queues at the Ticket Office and limit the numbers buying online at any one time.

SON OF PADDY
27-04-2016, 07:55 PM

I stand corrected !! " Apologies guys " 😯

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2016, 08:02 PM
I'm very disappointed that with 140 points I've got as good a chance of a ticket as someone with one point. The club have marketed loyalty points on false pretences.

From the launch "the Club wants to be able to put into place a mechanism which tracks and prioritises not just season ticket holders when it comes to the must have ticket games but instead opens up priority ticketing to all supporters."

The statement goes on to say:

How will this benefit supporters?

When tickets go on sale for hugely popular games where demand is likely to exceed the allocation, supporters with the most loyalty points will be able to purchase tickets first. Therefore attending more matches, home and away, will mean that you will have a greater chance of being able to attend the games where there is limited allocation.

How will tickets be distributed?

In future, ticket sales will be done in point bands. This will mean that the sale of tickets will be staggered for the matches where there is a high demand for tickets, where those who have accumulated the most points by pre-purchasing tickets for both home and away matches will get the opportunity to purchase their tickets first. This will help stagger any queues at the Ticket Office and limit the numbers buying online at any one time.

imo(and quite a few others evidently) it's an own-goal by the club...reward loyalty ? pfftt my ****

marinello59
27-04-2016, 08:12 PM
imo(and quite a few others evidently) it's an own-goal by the club...reward loyalty ? pfftt my ****

All they have done is simplify the system by keeping the number of waves to a minimum which will allow the tickets to be sold within the timescale. We have 22000 tickets, those with loyalty points will get one.

hibsboy69
27-04-2016, 08:15 PM
As someone with 148 Loyalty points, I find it extremely disappointing that my "Loyalty" has not been rewarded.

I am only entitled to 1 ticket in Wave 2, the same as someone who has 1 measly point !

Very poor show IMHO. :fuming:

marinello59
27-04-2016, 08:16 PM
As someone with 148 Loyalty points, I find it extremely disappointing that my "Loyalty" has not been rewarded.

I am only entitled to 1 ticket in Wave 2, the same as someone who has 1 measly point !

There are season ticket holders only getting one ticket as well. How many did you expect to get?

lucky
27-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Some crap posted on this thread. When Hibs "fans" attend games it's to support the club. Not to collect points. FFS there was just over 6000 fans at our last home game.

Hibs have looked after the ST holders for this season and next. Everyone else will have to wait but will get a ticket. If you don't want to wait buy a ST or hospitality.

lyonhibs
27-04-2016, 08:18 PM
There are season ticket holders only getting one ticket as well. How many did you expect to get?

I suspect he was expecting the opportunity to get 1 ticket from a wider choice of tickets than those on offer to someone with 5 points, not numerically more per person than anyone else.

green day
27-04-2016, 08:18 PM

What exactly do you want? I have a season ticket and 345 points and "only" get one in wave 1.

jakedance
27-04-2016, 08:22 PM
All they have done is simplify the system by keeping the number of waves to a minimum which will allow the tickets to be sold within the timescale. We have 22000 tickets, those with loyalty points will get one.

The club marketed the loyalty scheme as an initiative that would reward supporters who attend more games with priority ticketing. They've not just simplified ticketing, they've ripped up a commitment to supporters who have put money into the club. I'll probably manage to get a ticket but it still stinks.

Golden Bear
27-04-2016, 08:29 PM
Any changes to the scheme should be implemented wef next season and not this one. However I still think that the supply will near enough satisfy demand for this particular final.

jgl07
27-04-2016, 08:34 PM
No you don't. You can approach directly via Aikenhead Road from King's Park Station. If you go from Mount Florida Station you will probably come in via the West.

Hibs have been to enough matches at Hampden in recent years and the only one I can recall when Hibs were not in the East were the two finals against Celtic. The finals against Livvy and Killie were in the East along with two semifinals against Dunfermline, the semi against the Yams, the semi against Aberdeen, the final against the Yams, the semis against Falkirk, the final against Ross County and the semi against Dundee United.

marinello59
27-04-2016, 08:36 PM
I suspect he was expecting the opportunity to get 1 ticket from a wider choice of tickets than those on offer to someone with 5 points, not numerically more per person than anyone else.

Ah. That never crossed my mind. I can see why some might be upset by that but I'm happy just to be there, where I sit comes a distant second to that.

Green Fish
27-04-2016, 08:47 PM
I'm really surprised by the way hibs have decided to sell the tickets and feel a little let down but if we win I won't care less. GGTTH.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

jgl07
27-04-2016, 08:51 PM
The Loyalty Points at stem is not of much use where the allocation of seats is two and a half times the average attendance. The finals come at or around season ticket renewal time. Hence it is in Hibs interest to promote season ticket renewals rather than reward people for attending away matches.

It might have some purpose in allocating tickets for away grounds with tiny visitors allocations. That would apply with some Championship teams such Alloa and Dumbarton etc but will not be an issue for Premiership teams.

My loyalty points are way down on what it should be because I often buy home cup and away league matches from the pods at the grounds rather than through the box office.

hibsboy69
27-04-2016, 08:55 PM

Yes spot on. I should have made my post clearer.......apologies. :aok:

ionahibby
27-04-2016, 09:00 PM
I should be fine for a ticket in wave 2 but worst case scenario i don't get one i will still bloody go through if i can. I ain't missing the atmosphere even if i have to watch it in montfords!!

HibsNutter
27-04-2016, 09:01 PM
If confirmation was ever needed that loyalty points have caused more issues than they have solved...

That's not down to the loyalty points but the way the system is being used. The concept is great and needs amending but we should definitely stick with it, we'll see it's use for the play-off games. All Hibs had to do was make the second wave 100+ points and there'd be no issue.

Big_Franck
27-04-2016, 09:05 PM
It has clearly been done to maximize income but, the club have already collected considerable revenue from supporters, telling them in return for your support you'll receive loyalty points which will be used for games like this. That support and income stream has been completely disregarded and the rule book tore up to chase new revenue. Bit of a dirty move that is shafting a number of people.

Totally agree.

And that's before you add in the potential for trouble with how easy the club have made it for the rangers fans to get tickets in our end. It's unbelievably naive when I think about it.

wookie70
27-04-2016, 09:08 PM
I take three kids to the game and we all have renewed. We are all or around 400 loyalty points. I will gladly take the extra tickets and in my case they will go to another family who regularly attend but don't have season tickets. Good for them but I don't think it is a fair way of doing things. Watch how many £25 quid tickets are sold in the FF lower and then adult tickets bought for the final. Yes Hibs may get a few hundred extra season tickets bought but how many supporters who have went to a good number of games this season might they lose next year.

I will benefit but I would have been just as happy to have got 4 tickets. The problem with The Rangers fans potentially buying a ticket for Sunday or a Hibs TV subscription(i have one of those too) is not imagined and at the very least the club should make it one point gained at the point of the announcement.

It screams of money grabbing to me. The cup final is this season and attendance at games this year is what should earn you the right to an early chance of a ticket. If you want to include those buying a ST for next year who don't have one this year I could live with that too.

Reaper
27-04-2016, 09:10 PM

And in my opinion it should be. Loyalty point system is fine for clubs that sell 10's.of Thousands of STs.
For Hibs tho, they need to take care of ST holders as if not, there becomes no benefit to having one.

lyonhibs
27-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Would someone with loyalty points that buys a ST for next season have a chance of 2 tickets in different waves??

Glory Lurker
27-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Second wave is way too low. We've said so much about how Hibs have upped their game on the PR front, but this does run the risk of causing justified ill-feeling. Disappointingly short sighted, and I say this as a season ticket holder.

H113EE5
27-04-2016, 09:22 PM

:aok::aok::aok::aok:

hibsboy69
27-04-2016, 09:25 PM
Second wave is way too low. We've said so much about how Hibs have upped their game on the PR front, but this does run the risk of causing justified ill-feeling. Disappointingly short sighted, and I say this as a season ticket holder.

Spot on mate. I don't have a season ticket, but have 148 loyalty points. So I have been to a lot of games this season.

I now find that I am in the same wave as someone who has been to just ONE game !

No "rage" from me...........just disappointment and bewilderment at the decision.

The loyalty scheme is great...........if it is used to reward loyalty!!!!!

J-C
27-04-2016, 09:32 PM

That isn't what people are moaning at, it's going from ST holders and new ST straight onto a 2nd wave with just 1 point needed, so what is the point of collecting all the points to be told anyone who's been to one game is the same as someone who's been to say 12 games. The club has made a mistake by not making the 2nd wave say anyone over 100+ points, then onto a general sale for the rest, how the hell can anyone only have 1 point when it's 5 pts for away games and 10 for home ones?

marinello59
27-04-2016, 09:34 PM
Spot on mate. I don't have a season ticket, but have 148 loyalty points. So I have been to a lot of games this season.

I now find that I am in the same wave as someone who has been to just ONE game !

No "rage" from me...........just disappointment and bewilderment at the decision.

But there is no point in introducing extra waves just for the sake of it. With so many tickets it's simply not needed. if there had only been 10000 tickets then extra waves would have been intorduced but in this case there really is no need. The club have a lot of tickets to sell for this final and the playoffs over the next few weeks, the system really does have to be as simple as possible.

lucky
27-04-2016, 09:35 PM
The points system is crap and has failed. I hope the club scrap it ASAP

Mibbes Aye
27-04-2016, 09:36 PM
That isn't what people are moaning at, it's going from ST holders and new ST straight onto a 2nd wave with just 1 point needed, so what is the point of collecting all the points to be told anyone who's been to one game is the same as someone who's been to say 12 games. The club has made a mistake by not making the 2nd wave say anyone over 100+ points, then onto a general sale for the rest, how the hell can anyone only have 1 point when it's 5 pts for away games and 10 for home ones?

It's not public knowledge but the club award 1 point per social media post that sticks up for Rod Petrie.

Some of my 7,594 loyalty points may have been acquired that way :whistle:

Mibbes Aye
27-04-2016, 09:40 PM
But there is no point in introducing extra waves just for the sake of it. With so many tickets it's simply not needed. if there had only been 10000 tickets then extra waves would have been intorduced but in this case there really is no need. The club have a lot of tickets to sell for this final and the playoffs over the next few weeks, the system really does have to be as simple as possible.

:agree: Being serious, I suspect this is a genuine issue for the club. The infrastructure probably isn't as big as some people assume.

hibsdaft
27-04-2016, 09:42 PM
The club is 100% correct in rewarding S/T holders. I'm not seeing any disagreement on that.

When it comes to wave 2 though, the club have failed to distinguish between regular walk-ups and our 'cup-final' support of day-trippers. And despite what some are saying, not everyone that wants a ticket will not get one - especially once the Huns get wind of the loophole we've created.

Regular walk-ups often have good reasons for not buying S/Ts: finances, shift work, living far from Edinburgh, illness/ caring for relatives. There could be any number of reasons - it doesn't always imply a lack of support or commitment. We could do without the disparaging comments about fellow Hibees.

hibsboy69
27-04-2016, 09:48 PM
The club is 100% correct in rewarding S/T holders. I'm not seeing any disagreement on that.

When it comes to wave 2 though, the club have failed to distinguish between regular walk-ups and our 'cup-final' support of day-trippers. And despite what some are saying, not everyone that wants a ticket will not get one - especially once the Huns get wind of the loophole we've created.

Regular walk-ups often have good reasons for not buying S/Ts: finances, shift work, living far from Edinburgh, illness/ caring for relatives. There could be any number of reasons - it doesn't always imply a lack of support or commitment. We could do without the disparaging comments about fellow Hibees.

:top marks

J-C
27-04-2016, 09:48 PM
It's not public knowledge but the club award 1 point per social media post that sticks up for Rod Petrie.

Some of my 7,594 loyalty points may have been acquired that way :whistle:

:faf:

Lancs Harp
27-04-2016, 09:59 PM
The second wave isn't too low. Everyone on the database will get a ticket.

Where would you set the cut off point at?

It allows many people to sit with friends etc. too many levels would prevent this.

Basically if you have actively supported Hibs this season you will get a ticket. What can be fairer than that?

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2016, 09:59 PM
:top marks

seconded :agree:

Giro Playboy
27-04-2016, 10:16 PM
So tonight if Billy Bigot sitting in his union jack bedecked house in Larkhall buys a ticket for the QOS game on Sunday and gets himself on the database with the required 1 loyalty point there is nothing to stop him buying a cup final ticket for our end in the second wave of sales :confused:

matty_f
27-04-2016, 10:23 PM
So tonight if Billy Bigot sitting in his union jack bedecked house in Larkhall buys a ticket for the QOS game on Sunday and gets himself on the database with the required 1 loyalty point there is nothing to stop him buying a cup final ticket for our end in the second wave of sales :confused:

Just need to make sure we sell enough season tickets then. :greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
27-04-2016, 10:29 PM

Why does it matter? If you want a ticket, log in on the morning they go on sale and buy one.

Andy74
27-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Why does it matter? If you want a ticket, log in on the morning they go on sale and buy one.

Indeed. Season ticket holders are all lumped in together and so are people who haven't got one but have attended games.

CallumLaidlaw
27-04-2016, 10:43 PM

Dunno if that's quite true. Over 30,000 at the LC final. You think there's 9000 folk not wanting to go to the bigger of the 2 cup finals?

Stantons Angel
27-04-2016, 10:44 PM
Why are you all bumping your gums over the way the Cup Final tickets are being sold?

21,000 tickets for Hibs supporters at the cup final when only 6,000 could bother to turn up last night?

They are the ones who should get the best seats to watch their team in a BIG game. They came out in the cold miserable weather to watch an important match in our teams struggle to get back to the premier league where they belong.

The club has to look after its season ticket holders and not get carried away with loyalty points etc. If you go to the games, you get points, if you dont go, then you dont!

simple as that!

Hibs have a good chance to win this cup final as the odds are stacked against them being winners. Dont get carried away with Rangers dropping points over the last week. that means nothing in a one off game!

There are more than enough tickets to go around so get out and get one next week instead of mouthing off let your feet do the talking and get along and support your team!

HappyAsHellas
27-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Indeed. Season ticket holders are all lumped in together and so are people who haven't got one but have attended games.

Clearly not. I don't have a ST but have about 245 points from regularly attending. I am now lumped in the same wave as anyone who buys a ticket for Sunday or subscribes to Hibs TV, huns included. I didn't realise that's what the "loyal" in loyalty points stood for.

Andy74
27-04-2016, 11:24 PM
Clearly not. I don't have a ST but have about 245 points from regularly attending. I am now lumped in the same wave as anyone who buys a ticket for Sunday or subscribes to Hibs TV, huns included. I didn't realise that's what the "loyal" in loyalty points stood for.

Yep and why not? There are no waves of season ticket holders. People that don't have one but have some loyalty points are also then just in one grouping.

HappyAsHellas
27-04-2016, 11:50 PM
If you have a season ticket then you are rightly first in the queue. After this, loyalty points mean nothing, which begs the question, why bother with them at all? I was under the impression my loyalty in turning up to most home games and many away games was that I would be ahead of the day trippers etc, but no. The club thinks no more of me than anyone who has attended just one game which is a bit of a kick in the stones. What is hard to understand about that?

SunshineOnLeith
27-04-2016, 11:51 PM

But why does it matter? If you want a ticket, buy one.

StevieC
28-04-2016, 12:04 AM
Why are you all bumping your gums over the way the Cup Final tickets are being sold?

21,000 tickets for Hibs supporters at the cup final when only 6,000 could bother to turn up last night?

They are the ones who should get the best seats to watch their team in a BIG game. They came out in the cold miserable weather to watch an important match in our teams struggle to get back to the premier league where they belong.

I was one of those that attended last night (made a 100 mile round trip to get there), making me one of the ones you say deserves to get the best seats.
And yet because I am not a season ticket holder (despite amassing a reasonable amount of loyalty points) I will miss out on the best seats as I battle it out with every man and his dog for the remaining 6,000 or so tickets.

Loyalty points were designed, and it was stated as such at the outset, to reward the walk-up supporters when it came to games such as this.
Yes I'll get a ticket. No it won't be in the area I would have liked (or deserved). I feel let down, and it's not a nice feeling.

StevieC
28-04-2016, 12:13 AM
But why does it matter? If you want a ticket, buy one.

Have you ever sat at the back of the East Stand at Hampden?

If it doesn't matter then why have any waves at all?

The reason season ticket holders will want in the first wave is to get first dibs on the decent seats in the North and South stands (quite rightly). The reason the walk-ups are annoyed about getting ignored is that they will be battling it out with the day-trippers for the shan seats.

All that was needed was an additional wave that recognised those that have backed the team during their time in the championship.

ballengeich
28-04-2016, 12:16 AM
I was one of those that attended last night (made a 100 mile round trip to get there), making me one of the ones you say deserves to get the best seats.
And yet because I am not a season ticket holder (despite amassing a reasonable amount of loyalty points) I will miss out on the best seats as I battle it out with every man and his dog for the remaining 6,000 or so tickets.

Loyalty points were designed, and it was stated as such at the outset, to reward the walk-up supporters when it came to games such as this.
Yes I'll get a ticket. No it won't be in the area I would have liked (or deserved). I feel let down, and it's not a nice feeling.

I'm in the same group of regular walk-ups (including being at ER on Tuesday evening). I don't have a season ticket because other commitments mean that it would be a bad deal. I think the club should have set the second wave points qualification at a level which would have guaranteed everyone with those points a ticket if all season ticket holders had taken their full allocation.

Anything remaining could then have been put on open sale.

Ozyhibby
28-04-2016, 12:31 AM
:agree: Being serious, I suspect this is a genuine issue for the club. The infrastructure probably isn't as big as some people assume.

That's exactly correct. There is only a staff of about 8 people in the club admin dept who deal with everything from tickets, sponsorship and everything else in between. The loyalty points scheme is a drain on the club's very limited resources.

SingaporeHibs
28-04-2016, 02:16 AM
One notable difference this time round is that they have not made any distinction between UK and overseas Hibs TV subscribers and don't seem to be offering International Hibs TV subscribers travelling back from overseas a ticket, as they have always done in previous years.

When wave 2 starts, for example, a Hibs TV subscriber in Leith and a Hibs TV subscriber in Australia thinking of coming over, and a fan who registers now, as loads of folk will probably do (including The Rangers fans who go to the QotS game?!) will have the same chance of getting a ticket. That chance will come on May 12th, just 9 days before the game. The overseas Hibs TV subscriber contingent is very, very small (maybe 30-40 people at the very most? Possibly even less?) and, IMHO, :greengrin, I always thought it was a decent gesture to offer a single ticket to Hibs TV subscribers coming from the other side of the world (especially as that included me!) given the distance and expense involved. I think this will give a few folk a problem with deciding whether or not to get flights etc. As I said, I'm not arguing those fans like myself are any more deserving, and I was careful with my words earlier: it was a "decent gesture", not an expectation, but we buy a digital ST and watch all the games too. I'll be honest, I'm a bit disappointed they haven't taken it into account this time too. I was in Brazil until last year and a flight back from Lisbon won't be the end of the world if I can't get a ticket in the end. However, if I was one of those lads in the States, or Australia, wondering about buying a flight without knowing for sure...? Hmmm. Just my thoughts on it. Not everyone will be happy, but I do hope that everyone who wants a ticket gets one.

I'm with you on this, as it would suit me too :greengrin. I have no idea how many of us watch HibsTV from far and wide but it wont be far off your guesstimate, there were some polls taken 3 years ago while trying to get HibsTV live streaming back up and running, the numbers were about that. Being a International HibsTV season ticket member since the day I left Edinburgh (at one point that was 2 different memberships in one season) is the closest thing i can do to continue the season ticket i had for years and I buy match tickets whenever we're home for holidays. I would hope Hibs have done the calculations and know that everyone in wave 2 will get a ticket, is that wishful thinking?? If that is the case they should announce it, remove all frustrations people have. 1 point does seem a low number, from 7k miles away i've managed to get 30 points over the last 2 seasons! Anyway, my flights are booked, I'm coming, everything crossed on the ticket front. Good luck all, GGTTH :flag::flag::flag:

Beefster
28-04-2016, 05:45 AM
I've changed my mind. I've had a ST for about 20 years but am getting lumped in with Johnny-Come-Latelys who only bought a ST for the first time this or next season. ****ing Hibs.

JimBHibees
28-04-2016, 06:09 AM
Dunno if that's quite true. Over 30,000 at the LC final. You think there's 9000 folk not wanting to go to the bigger of the 2 cup finals?

LTYF :greengrin

itslegaltender
28-04-2016, 06:14 AM
Just wish there was another rugby game on to give me a better chance of a ticket.

GordonHFC
28-04-2016, 06:18 AM
Just wish there was another rugby game on to give me a better chance of a ticket.

The World Pipe Band Championships are on in Glasgow that day. That could help 😂

Pete
28-04-2016, 06:21 AM

You're forgetting about all the people who are scared of going back to Hampden in case bad things happen.

We'll probably be handing some of our allocation back.

#JeSuisHampden

lyonhibs
28-04-2016, 06:21 AM

The devil is in the detail highlighted, which a lot of people appear to be (purposefully I suspect) ignoring.

Scouse Hibee
28-04-2016, 06:23 AM
People complaining about missing out on best seats/getting shan seats should realise there are no bad seats at a cup final if you win the cup.

SunshineOnLeith
28-04-2016, 06:26 AM
The devil is in the detail highlighted, which a lot of people appear to be (purposefully I suspect) ignoring.

Then log on nice and early and buy a 'good' seat before they all go.

green day
28-04-2016, 06:29 AM

Firstly, billy bigot will have a chance of a rangers end ticket in the Huns ballot. That closes after the QoS game as it happens.

You really think he will spend on a hibs ticket and go on the database "just in case"?

Have you ever sat among opposition fans at a cup final? Can't be much fun.

And remember, if he does get ahead of all the hibs fans buying in that wave, its a wave 2 ticket so chances are he will be in the East - where, frankly I don't want to be at the final and if he is outed he will be in bother.

Good luck Billy Bigot!!!

marinello59
28-04-2016, 06:31 AM
Firstly, billy bigot will have a chance of a rangers end ticket in the Huns ballot. That closes after the QoS game as it happens.

You really think he will spend on a hibs ticket and go on the database "just in case"?

Have you ever sat among opposition fans at a cup final? Can't be much fun.

And remember, if he does get ahead of all the hibs fans buying in that wave, its a wave 2 ticket so chances are he will be in the East - where, frankly I don't want to be at the final and if he is outed he will be in bother.

Good luck Billy Bigot!!!

Looks like the Hibs crowd is going to consist mainly of season ticket holders Grannies who have never been to a game and Rangers fans. I'm not going to bother going now. :greengrin

Peevemor
28-04-2016, 06:32 AM
The World Pipe Band Championships are on in Glasgow that day. That could help 

The Worlds are Friday 12th and Saturday 13th August.

Callum7
28-04-2016, 06:33 AM

I tried that for the semi against st Johnstone as I didn't have enough points, it didn't work.

GordonHFC
28-04-2016, 06:38 AM

Bloody lying bus company 😠

GordonHFC
28-04-2016, 06:41 AM

Sorry. It's the British not the World's 😀

Callum7
Bloody lying bus company 

Ah but may 21st is also national learn to swim day. Hopefully people will be out swimming and you'll get a seat.:aok:

lyonhibs
Then log on nice and early and buy a 'good' seat before they all go.

Doesn't apply to me personally, I can't make it back for this one and am not hugely fussed either way as there's easily 21,000 more deserving Hibs fans than me (also, my record of 1 win in 7 at Hampden is beginning to make me think I should probably stay away :greengrin)

Re: your point, I always got the impression that Hibs (or the SFA, whoever decides these things) way of releasing the tickets for sale at Hampden was firmly of the "couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery" variety, with things being released in blocks and then sold from the front towards the back (I may well be talking cobblers here) meaning that there's - almost, if you've got the minerals - a perverse incentive to hold off buying tickets for a little bit.

DH1875
28-04-2016, 06:51 AM

I've bought tickets for games I couldn't go to just so that I could get the loyalty points. Needn't have bothered and wasted a load of money. Well and truly shafted.

flash
28-04-2016, 06:57 AM
7000 season ticket holders this year say 4500 for next still leaves about 8 to 9000 tickets.
And that's if everyone takes all they are entitled to.
Presumably that's why the points have been set so low.

DH1875
28-04-2016, 06:57 AM
I take three kids to the game and we all have renewed. We are all or around 400 loyalty points. I will gladly take the extra tickets and in my case they will go to another family who regularly attend but don't have season tickets. Good for them but I don't think it is a fair way of doing things. Watch how many £25 quid tickets are sold in the FF lower and then adult tickets bought for the final. Yes Hibs may get a few hundred extra season tickets bought but how many supporters who have went to a good number of games this season might they lose next year.

I could be wrong but I think you can't just buy the kids £25 season ticket. Pretty sure you need to buy an adults season ticket for the FF to go with it. Like I said, could be wrong though.

Hibs Class
28-04-2016, 06:58 AM

I would expect that a lot of ST holders in the first wave won't get tickets where they want either. I don't know the breakdown in numbers but I guess the majority of our allocation will be in the east.

Beefster
28-04-2016, 07:03 AM
I would expect that a lot of ST holders in the first wave won't get tickets where they want either. I don't know the breakdown in numbers but I guess the majority of our allocation will be in the east.

Yup. My seat for the League Cup final was crap, despite me buying it within 20 minutes of the first wave sale happening. **** happens though.

SJM
28-04-2016, 07:05 AM
Yup. My seat for the League Cup final was crap, despite me buying it within 20 minutes of the first wave sale happening. **** happens though.

Couldn't give a **** where I sit on who beside and that's me as a season card holder. If I'm there when we finally lift the Scottish then I'll die a happy man.

lugz
28-04-2016, 07:20 AM
Question: If I was to buy my daughter a ST for next season would I only be able to get a child ticket for the final using her details? (She's 3)

SJM
28-04-2016, 07:24 AM
Question: If I was to buy my daughter a ST for next season would I only be able to get a child ticket for the final using her details? (She's 3)

No, don't think so.

kaimendhibs
28-04-2016, 07:27 AM
I have a season ticket but fully understand the frustration of people with many loyalty points. Bit of a let down for them and hardly rewarding loyalty.

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2016, 07:29 AM
Surely the loyalty scheme was about getting a ticket, not for being able to pick the best seats?

Some folk like to moan just for the sake of it

Big_Franck
28-04-2016, 07:34 AM
I have a season ticket but fully understand the frustration of people with many loyalty points. Bit of a let down for them and hardly rewarding loyalty.

It doesn't reward the loyalty of regular attenders at all. The club are at risk of ruining a lot of the good work that has been done since Dempster came in.

The fact the club have made it very easy for the rangers fans to buy our tickets has been conveniently ignored by a lot of ST holders on here. If there is trouble in our end caused by rangers fans and people are hurt that will be on our club.

Dav1986
28-04-2016, 07:41 AM
Surely the loyalty scheme was about getting a ticket, not for being able to pick the best seats?

Some folk like to moan just for the sake of it

I think people are frustrated with the fact that they're attending games regularly/semi-regularly or even buying tickets for games that they couldn't attend (giving the club much needed income too) are now lumped in at the same time as someone who has bought a ticket for one game. That could be a day tripper who fancies their chances or possibly a hun buying one for Sunday.

Chances are very slim that they won't get a ticket but the chance is there.

As it turns out I'd have been just as well buying tickets at the pods this season and not bothering with trying to gain any points as it wasn't real worth the hassle of doing that.

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2016, 07:47 AM
I think people are frustrated with the fact that they're attending games regularly/semi-regularly or even buying tickets for games that they couldn't attend (giving the club much needed income too) are now lumped in at the same time as someone who has bought a ticket for one game. That could be a day tripper who fancies their chances or possibly a hun buying one for Sunday.

Chances are very slim that they won't get a ticket but the chance is there.

As it turns out I'd have been just as well buying tickets at the pods this season and not bothering with trying to gain any points as it wasn't real worth the hassle of doing that.

I get that point, I really do. They should have had an extra wave in there for folk with higher points.

The point in making though is some folk think that having more points should entitle them to better seats. That was never the aim of the scheme

marinello59
28-04-2016, 07:47 AM
It doesn't reward the loyalty of regular attenders at all. The club are at risk of ruining a lot of the good work that has been done since Dempster came in.

The fact the club have made it very easy for the rangers fans to buy our tickets has been conveniently ignored by a lot of ST holders on here. If there is trouble in our end caused by rangers fans and people are hurt that will be on our club.

This whole Rangers fans in our end thing is growing arms and legs now. There's nothing like a bit of scaremongering to advance your own case.

allezsauzee
28-04-2016, 07:48 AM
7000 season ticket holders this year say 4500 for next still leaves about 8 to 9000 tickets.
And that's if everyone takes all they are entitled to.
Presumably that's why the points have been set so low.

you really think 2500 won't renew?

Dav1986
28-04-2016, 07:57 AM
I get that point, I really do. They should have had an extra wave in there for folk with higher points.

The point in making though is some folk think that having more points should entitle them to better seats. That was never the aim of the scheme

Fair enough. They (and me) shouldn't be entitled to better seats but just an extra wave so not as much of a scramble.

Apologies for getting wrong end of your post. Think we're both meaning the same thing :thumbsup:

flash
28-04-2016, 08:00 AM
you really think 2500 won't renew?

No but they haven't yet.

Waxy
28-04-2016, 08:03 AM
Couldn't care what seat i get. Any ticket will do.

pacoluna
28-04-2016, 08:09 AM
I wouldn't have a clue how many loyalty points I have as I am a st holder... Do you get loyalty points if you are a st holder? I have always just gave my details and purchased a ticket for an away day without inquiring about loyalty points Do people actually actually buy tickets to receive loyalty points? surely not? if that was the case we would fill every away stand in Scotland.

Edit - I meant as in do you receive loyalty points for having a season ticket.

J-C
28-04-2016, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't have a clue how many loyalty points I have as I am a st holder... Do you get loyalty points if you are a st holder? I have always just gave my details and purchased a ticket for an away day without inquiring about loyalty points Do people actually actually buy tickets to receive loyalty points? surely not? if that was the case we would fill every away stand in Scotland.

Is this a wind up :confused:

J-C
28-04-2016, 09:11 AM
We have a hard core 7-8K ST holders but it depends if they are all renewing right now, some may not renew till after the summer holidays but the majority will take up the early bird option to spread the costs.

My biggest disappointment is the 2nd wave points, Hibs should've made it a minimum of at least 90+ points before going on general sale, it seems people who don't have a ST but are regular attendees are being discriminated against.

pacoluna
28-04-2016, 09:11 AM

No i honestly don't have a clue with regards to loyalty points I have always just purchased away tickets knowing i would get them based on me being a ST Holder. I am the first to admit I am quite ignorant when it comes to Hibs pr. I dont delve in to information with regards to loyalty points or non match day events as I am not particularly interested, I am only interested in match day home or way and have never had problems purchasing tickets.

FranckSuzy
28-04-2016, 09:12 AM

I wondered that as well.....

StevieC
28-04-2016, 09:14 AM
People complaining about missing out on best seats/getting shan seats should realise there are no bad seats at a cup final if you win the cup.

50% of Hampden has shan seats! It's a national disgrace.

I don't mind sitting in the outer blocks of the North Stand because season ticket holders have the other seats, they deserve them. I do mind that I'm stuck up the back of the East Stand because a supporter, with no intention of going next season, buys a ticket for the QotS game.

As good as the atmosphere might be, especially if we win, I actually like to watch a game of football.

green day
28-04-2016, 09:21 AM
Hibs should've made it a minimum of at least 90+ points before going on general sale, it seems people who don't have a ST but are regular attendees are being discriminated against.

Then there would have been an argument about the 100 points allocated for HSL v points for attending games v hibs tv etc etc

They are on a hiding to nothing whatever they do.

jakedance
28-04-2016, 09:22 AM
The club not rewarding fans with loyalty points with some level of priority for tickets is no less scandalous than if they'd done the same thing to season ticket holders. The exact same principle applies. The club made a promise to the supporters to incentivise buying tickets that they've not kept. http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5241

pacoluna
28-04-2016, 09:22 AM
I wondered that as well.....

why would it be a wind up? do you ask how many loyalty points you have when you purchase away tickets? giving I have been to all away games this season bar two and not once have we filled our allocation except from tynie i'm guessing loyalty points doesnt come into pay?

J-C
28-04-2016, 09:23 AM
Then there would have been an argument about the 100 points allocated for HSL v points for attending games v hibs tv etc etc

They are on a hiding to nothing whatever they do.

I only used 90+ points as that is what they did for the League cup final, my point still stands that punters earning good loyalty points are getting shafted, they should be looked after in the 2nd wave.

J-C
28-04-2016, 09:24 AM
why would it be a wind up? do you ask how many loyalty points you have when you purchase away tickets? giving I have been to all away games this season bar two and not once have we filled our allocation except from tynie i'm guessing loyalty points doesnt come into pay?

It's 5, almost every knows that and 10 for a home game but seeing you're a ST holder the home points mean nothing to you.

green day
28-04-2016, 09:28 AM

Have we not sold out at Ibrox twice?

So am I to understand that you bought all these tickets, including - presumably cup games - by not using the e-ticketing facility which would show you how many points you had?

How did you manage that????

Something not right.

J-C
28-04-2016, 09:29 AM
50% of Hampden has shan seats! It's a national disgrace.

I don't mind sitting in the outer blocks of the North Stand because season ticket holders have the other seats, they deserve them. I do mind that I'm stuck up the back of the East Stand because a supporter, with no intention of going next season, buys a ticket for the QotS game.

As good as the atmosphere might be, especially if we win, I actually like to watch a game of football.

I was way at the back of the east in 2007 with my daughter, players on the pitch looked like subbuteo players they were that far away.

pacoluna
28-04-2016, 09:29 AM
It's 5, almost every knows that and 10 for a home game but seeing you're a ST holder the home points mean nothing to you.

* i meant as in do you get loyalty points for just being a season ticket holder? Not do i receive them for buying tickets.

* so you dont get 10 loyalty points each time you attend home game with S ticket?

J-C
28-04-2016, 09:31 AM
* i meant as in do you get loyalty points for just being a season ticket holder? Not do i receive them for buying tickets.

You're at the wind up mate :confused:

pacoluna
28-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Have we not sold out at Ibrox twice?

So am I to understand that you bought all these tickets, including - presumably cup games - by not using the e-ticketing facility which would show you how many points you had?

How did you manage that????

Something not right.

Not once have i used the e-ticketing facility I have always just gave my details to my dad so he can purchase tickets for me when i'm at work.

TrinityHibs
28-04-2016, 09:36 AM
I have renewed for next year so will get 2 tickets in the first wave. Can I get a 3rd one in the second wave as I have loads of loyalty points?

pacoluna
28-04-2016, 09:40 AM
You're at the wind up mate :confused:

your under the impression I'm asking if i receive loyalty points or not because i'm a Sticket holder which is not my question.. my question was when purchasing a STicket do you receive a certain amount of loyalty points.

burtis97
28-04-2016, 09:45 AM
Anyone else trying to renew online but it's not giving them the option of the four month payment plan?

Si_17
28-04-2016, 09:46 AM
Only accumulated 25 loyalty points, as I've been a walk up all season rather than booking online. First year I've been able to attend regularly since entering full time employment thanks to my shift pattern changing.

No complaints from me, think the club have tried to go about this in the fairest way possible.

CallumLaidlaw
28-04-2016, 09:46 AM
Hibs have just announced on twitter that a new 4-part payment plan will be available to fans wanting to spread their ST payments.

Moulin Yarns
28-04-2016, 09:47 AM
Not once have i used the e-ticketing facility I have always just gave my details to my dad so he can purchase tickets for me when i'm at work.

Log in to the eticketing, at the top it will have your name and client number, click on that and it will give you your account history. I have a total of 20 points because I bought a ticket through the system for the Alloa game (3-0) and the Falkirk semi final last season.

If your client number was used to purchase your ST then you will have the maximum of 180 points.

flash
28-04-2016, 09:47 AM
I have renewed for next year so will get 2 tickets in the first wave. Can I get a 3rd one in the second wave as I have loads of loyalty points?

Not so much.

J-C
28-04-2016, 09:53 AM
your under the impression I'm asking if i receive loyalty points or not because i'm a Sticket holder which is not my question.. my question was when purchasing a STicket do you receive a certain amount of loyalty points.

And my point is if you were a season ticket holder, you'd know how many loyalty points you get.

pacoluna
28-04-2016, 09:53 AM
Log in to the eticketing, at the top it will have your name and client number, click on that and it will give you your account history. I have a total of 20 points because I bought a ticket through the system for the Alloa game (3-0) and the Falkirk semi final last season.

If your client number was used to purchase your ST then you will have the maximum of 180 points.
Thanks, that is the basis of my question answered, I receive a maximum of 180 points for purchasing my season ticket.

edit- it had never been activated. cheers for the help

pacoluna
28-04-2016, 09:55 AM
And my point is if you were a season ticket holder, you'd know how many loyalty points you get.

How do you come to that conclusion?

I never knew i could activate my eticketing account.. people are saying they only have 20-30 .. 428 seems a lot?

Hello Darren

428 Loyalty points

1 Notifications

You have a season ticket renewal for SEASON 2016-2017 - Renew now (https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/EDP/Season/Index/1807)

J-C
28-04-2016, 10:06 AM
How do you come to that conclusion?

Because the vast majority of Hibs supporters know about the loyalty scheme and what it entails, points etc, you are harping on about being a ST holders and going to nearly all away games but haven't got a clue how many loyalty points you have or even how many points you got for being a ST holder.

BoomtownHibees
28-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Because the vast majority of Hibs supporters know about the loyalty scheme and what it entails, points etc, you are harping on about being a ST holders and going to nearly all away games but haven't got a clue how many loyalty points you have or even how many points you got for being a ST holder.

TBF you could ask my mum and dad about their loyalty points and they wouldn't have a clue. Both season ticket holders, both travel to away games. I usually arrange the tickets so they rarely have a need to go on to eticketing.

It's not beyond reality that other folk might not know what points they have

J-C
28-04-2016, 10:10 AM
TBF you could ask my mum and dad about their loyalty points and they wouldn't have a clue. Both season ticket holders, both travel to away games. I usually arrange the tickets so they rarely have a need to go on to eticketing.

Are they regular away supporters too?
Are they on here giving their view points on a Hibs forum?

hibee_girl
28-04-2016, 10:11 AM

:agree: I doubt my grandad knows either

StevieC
28-04-2016, 10:12 AM
You really think he will spend on a hibs ticket and go on the database "just in case"?!

The old Rangers did it previously for the match at Easter Road where they won the league, so there is every chance that new Rangers will do it for a cup final.

60% chance of a ticket in Rangers end or 100% chance of ticket in Hibs end .. that's very tempting odds for a zombie

SJM
28-04-2016, 10:12 AM

You seem utterly desperate to out hearts fans which itself is utterly desperate.

Boy has a season and goes to all the games. Why would he care about loyalty points?

SJM
28-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Are they regular away supporters too?
Are they on here giving their view points on a Hibs forum?

What is giving views on a hibs forum got to do with anything?

flash
28-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Surely it should be people who were on the database on a certain date. Anyone who gets on it now shouldn't be eligible.