PDA

View Full Version : Harris & Stanton

Winston Ingram
27-04-2016, 12:13 PM
Anyone know if they'll be available for the playoffs?

They'll have played their last games for QoS & Livi.

HoboHarry
27-04-2016, 12:16 PM
Why would AS bring them in at this stage even if it was allowed? Neither will play for Hibs again in my opinion.

HibsNutter
27-04-2016, 12:17 PM
I'd have them available if possible in case of emergency for the play-offs, we'll need fresh legs at some points. Stanton is the only one I can see having a future at Hibs though.

IrnBru22
27-04-2016, 12:17 PM

Will Stanton not be involved in the Livi relegation play-offs ?

27-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Useful to have as fresh legs IMO.

Winston Ingram
27-04-2016, 12:34 PM
Why would AS bring them in at this stage even if it was allowed? Neither will play for Hibs again in my opinion.

Probably cos our current squad aren't exactly ripping it up at the moment.

AS left us very short of width and in the absence of a transfer window, they could be options.

Also, we've only had 6 subs available to us for recent games. Even then 3 or 4 of them have been strikers.

Winston Ingram
27-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Will Stanton not be involved in the Livi relegation play-offs ?

Certainly will, so that rules him out

bigwheel
27-04-2016, 12:44 PM

Each season recently this question has been asked..the answer, I believe is NO...they are not available - neither are any other players who have been loaned out from us.

Ozyhibby
27-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Despite all the evidence, people still seem to think they have a future back at Hibs? Baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
27-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Despite all the evidence, people still seem to think they have a future back at Hibs? Baffling.

I think Stanton has done ok at Livingston but just how good it is in relation to where we need him to be is another question but getting some good regular games under his belt will have done him no harm.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-04-2016, 12:50 PM
They're not good enough

Big_Franck
27-04-2016, 01:01 PM

Nobody on this thread has said that they have a future at Hibs though, have they?

What has been suggested, and I agree with them, is that at the very least it would have been good to have them as options in the final few games. At most they'd have been on the bench and might have come on as subs late in games to give others a much needed rest. Together with Forster they were loaned out though, so we don't have that luxury.

Godsahibby
27-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Not heard much about Harris but any time I have seen any highlights or more when I have been listening to games and they have talked about Livvy paying it is always Stanton who sounds like is their main driving force. There was always a player in there, hopefully if his physicality has come on this season he may be another option for us next season.

makaveli1875
27-04-2016, 06:12 PM
stanton has done well at livi , he's been 1 of their main playmakers and has chipped in quite a few goals for them . i always thought he looked the part when he 1st broke into the hibs team . he deserves another chance at hibs i say

jacomo
27-04-2016, 06:58 PM
stanton has done well at livi , he's been 1 of their main playmakers and has chipped in quite a few goals for them . i always thought he looked the part when he 1st broke into the hibs team . he deserves another chance at hibs i say

He scores more than our current midfielders.

Big L
27-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Every manager at Hibs prior to Stubbs has had nothing but good things to say about these two players! If they have any sense and I'm sure they are getting good advice, they sit still. If a new man comes in he just might see something Stubbs doesn't. They are both on contract and Stubbs will probably be gone by next season. Just my opinion!

Silver Fox
27-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Jamie Insall too :greengrin

green day
27-04-2016, 09:27 PM

3 goals

SouthMoroccoStu
28-04-2016, 08:03 AM
On a related topic....

Do we still have Callum Booth on our books?

Did we loan or sell him?

Billychaotic182
28-04-2016, 08:23 AM
On a related topic....

Do we still have Callum Booth on our books?

Did we loan or sell him?

Sell

TheFamous1875
28-04-2016, 08:32 AM
3 goals

That's a good return for a central midfielder. Couple that with him being at the centre of all of their attacking play and apparently putting in good performances week after week - I'd like him back in the squad.

There should be a change in the way we do loan deals, in my opinion. Player goes to club for whatever amount of time, parent club can recall him whenever their squad number is down due to injuries/suspensions, and when it's back up, he can go back. If all clubs did this, there'd be some way of reimbursing the club for losing their lone player with other players becoming available, etc. If that was the case, we would've seen Sam Stanton back 6 weeks ago.

IberianHibernian
28-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Harris has scored 4 from 20 starts , Stanton 3 from 13 ( I think ) both playing for struggling teams in the same league in which our midfielders hardly score . If eligible can`t see why they wouldn`t be considered if we get injuries and suspensions during playoffs .

Winston Ingram
28-04-2016, 11:56 AM
Harris has scored 4 from 20 starts , Stanton 3 from 13 ( I think ) both playing for struggling teams in the same league in which our midfielders hardly score . If eligible can`t see why they wouldn`t be considered if we get injuries and suspensions during playoffs .

Particularly as our squad severly lacks pace and width.

HibeeDaz6270
28-04-2016, 12:44 PM
i have saw Stanton play a few times for Livi this year. I like him and think he could still play apart at Hibs. When he picks the ball up he is always looking to drive forward and make things happen. I think he would benefit from playing with better players so hopefully we give him a chance.

Enough said
28-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Don't think either are good enough, along with handling.

GreenLake
28-04-2016, 03:12 PM
Will Malonga be able to play? :greengrin

Ken
28-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Harris has the 2nd most assists in the league. More than any Hibs player

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160428/e8b66491a1461674e313bdfaaa3fb62a.jpg

Andy74
28-04-2016, 09:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Harris has the 2nd or 3rd most assists in the league. More than any Hibs player (I think)

You have to factor in that these players didn't seem to be able to handle playing for Hibs. Neither are up to it but will do okay at smaller clubs with less pressure.

RoYO!
28-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Both players on their day would be able to win you a match. Great potential. Poor consistency.

Winston Ingram
29-04-2016, 08:34 AM
You have to factor in that these players didn't seem to be able to handle playing for Hibs. Neither are up to it but will do okay at smaller clubs with less pressure.

Steady. We're no Barcelona

heretoday
29-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Harris plays ok at Hampden. Take him along for the final.

number9dream
29-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Both lads will be back at Easter Road for pre-season since they are under contract and it is up to them to prove they have developed.
Not sure we should be writing them off just yet.
So much of it is to do with personality since most young Scottish players are much the same in terms of ability.
Barrie McKay didn't look anything special on loan at Raith last year but he has come on strong for the Teds.

Ozyhibby
29-04-2016, 09:31 AM
That's a good return for a central midfielder. Couple that with him being at the centre of all of their attacking play and apparently putting in good performances week after week - I'd like him back in the squad.

There should be a change in the way we do loan deals, in my opinion. Player goes to club for whatever amount of time, parent club can recall him whenever their squad number is down due to injuries/suspensions, and when it's back up, he can go back. If all clubs did this, there'd be some way of reimbursing the club for losing their lone player with other players becoming available, etc. If that was the case, we would've seen Sam Stanton back 6 weeks ago.

So you would be happy if Celtic were to recall Henderson and Stokes now for their title run in?

IberianHibernian
29-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Don't think either are good enough, along with handling.Do you not think the same about a few others who are playing for us regularly ? Or even IF not good enough for regular place ( of the three I`d say Harris and maybe Stanton are at least in a match squad of 16 - 18 ) is not that at present they are better than some of our better players who`ve run out of energy .
Anyway , all this debate but does anyone actually know if loan players are eligible for playoffs ( being tied to other clubs till 31st May rings a bell ) ? Maybe Forster`s situation is different being with an English club .

Ozyhibby
29-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Both players are available to any club that wants them.
If they are doing so well, how come nobody bigger than Queens or Livi want them?
If they were not already Hibs players would anyone here have noticed them based on their performances this season? There are better midfielders at Falkirk, never mind Hibs.

IberianHibernian
29-04-2016, 09:43 AM
If they are doing so well, how come nobody bigger than Queens or Livi want them?
If they were not already Hibs players would anyone here have noticed them based on their performances this season? There are better midfielders at Falkirk, never mind Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkBut they are Hibs players so if eligible and we have injuries or some players continue to struggle to find previous form they might be an option , " they " being Forster and Harris since Stanton will be in Livi playoffs .

J-C
29-04-2016, 09:57 AM

I do wish you'd refrain from the overly negative posts re these young lads, they don't deserve it.

Potentially both looked to be the real deal about 2 years ago but with injuries and club negativity they both seems to have regressed and Stubbs did say they were allowed to leave if they so wished but being on longer term contracts they decided to stay put and go on loan to gain much needed game time. By all accounts both have done pretty well, not outstanding but well enough, they'll come back and Stubbs ( or whoever ) will take another look and if they still aren't good enough they may well leave.

Ozyhibby
29-04-2016, 10:50 AM
I do wish you'd refrain from the overly negative posts re these young lads, they don't deserve it.

Potentially both looked to be the real deal about 2 years ago but with injuries and club negativity they both seems to have regressed and Stubbs did say they were allowed to leave if they so wished but being on longer term contracts they decided to stay put and go on loan to gain much needed game time. By all accounts both have done pretty well, not outstanding but well enough, they'll come back and Stubbs ( or whoever ) will take another look and if they still aren't good enough they may well leave.

I'm not being overly negative, both players have a future in the game, I just don't think it will be at Hibs.
Threads like this used to appear every few months regarding Calum Booth as well. I suppose it's natural that fans are fond of players who come through the youth set up.
I can't think of a player that the club have told can leave, then staying on and flourishing.
If they weren't Hibs players just now, there would be no threads on here suggesting we sign either player.
Both players have had chances but they are nowhere near the standard of Henderson, McGinn, Fyvie etc.
we have to accept that and move on. And wish the lads all the best.