PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Goal difference & goals scored

MixuMac
26-04-2016, 10:35 PM
If we win 4-0 on Sunday and Falkirk win 1-0 then goal difference and goals scored will be the same for both teams. Who would be second?

Cocaine&Caviar
26-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Alphabetical order :(

Monts
26-04-2016, 10:41 PM
I think someone posted a link to the rules saying it goes to head to head

jonny
26-04-2016, 10:42 PM
Alphabetical order :(

Surely head to head would take precedence over alphabetical order?
If so we'd just pip them, 3 draws and a 1-0 for us.

Ozyhibby
26-04-2016, 10:54 PM
Surely head to head would take precedence over alphabetical order?
If so we'd just pip them, 3 draws and a 1-0 for us.

That would be nice just to hear Houston going on about that penalty. [emoji23]

Fergos
26-04-2016, 11:05 PM
That would be nice just to hear Houston going on about that penalty. [emoji23]

Aye that would be too funny, his heed would be redder than usual.

GGTTH

cjward2
27-04-2016, 12:10 AM
If all things are even: points, goals ratio, then does it not come down to sportsmanship and which team has fewer reds and yellows?:confused:

California-Hibs
27-04-2016, 12:57 AM
Already been confirmed to death. It's head to heads and we win.

Onion
27-04-2016, 01:03 AM
Getting 2nd would be helpful, but it's far from job done. I think there's a real danger that the team finishing 2nd (falkirk or Hibs) think they've achieved something - but they really haven't. The team with momentum will prevail.

greenlex
27-04-2016, 01:46 AM
Getting 2nd would be helpful, but it's far from job done. I think there's a real danger that the team finishing 2nd (falkirk or Hibs) think they've achieved something - but they really haven't. The team with momentum will prevail.

Very much this. It might actually be better in the long run if we win on Sunday and finish third before disposing of Raith before facing Falkirk. The amount of games is however killing us. That might just even things out a bit. I reckon nicking second from them before a weeks rest and then doing hem would be sweet tho.

matty_f
27-04-2016, 01:50 AM
Very much this. It might actually be better in the long run if we win on Sunday and finish third before disposing of Raith before facing Falkirk. The amount of games is however killing us. That might just even things out a bit. I reckon nicking second from them before a weeks rest and then doing hem would be sweet tho.

I think the rest is the biggest factor. We look a lot like a team at the end of a long, hard season. Being able to cut two games from the schedule could sway things in our favour.

greenlex
27-04-2016, 01:53 AM
I think the rest is the biggest factor. We look a lot like a team at the end of a long, hard season. Being able to cut two games from the schedule could sway things in our favour.

I agree Matty a and been saying it for weeks. A cup final in between a play off final is also far from ideal. Too much too far I reckon in both these competitions with both also distracting us from each other.

matty_f
27-04-2016, 01:58 AM
I agree Matty a and been saying it for weeks. A cup final in between a play off final is also far from ideal. Too much too far I reckon in both these competitions with both also distracting us from each other.

:agree: It's going to be incredibly tough for the team/club to deal with three huge games (on the assumption we make the play-off final) so close together.

If Stubbs guides us through that, he deserves all the praise going.