PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we play like that every week?

Libby Hibby
26-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Rather enjoyed tonight's game, pace in the side, 2 early goals scored, fair few good chances, 4 goals, clean sheet...

...begs the question as to why we don't go for the jugular in every game from the start?

Callum7
26-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Because we're Hibs

Andy74
26-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Rather enjoyed tonight's game, pace in the side, 2 early goals scored, fair few good chances, 4 goals, clean sheet...

...begs the question as to why we don't go for the jugular in every game from the start?

A question that a few have been asking for a while.

You play this league with pace and urgency. Well, you should.

Monts
26-04-2016, 09:44 PM
I can't believe it's taken until the second last game of the season.

Hi Heid Yin
26-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Maybe even Alan Stubbs surprised himself by his selection and tactics tonight.
His learning curve continues and maybe, just maybe, he will feel encouraged to try it again during our forthcoming hectic end to the season.

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Who cares about the last few months? If we play like that for the following few weeks then it's going to be an almighty party this time next month....

Smartie
26-04-2016, 09:51 PM
I think the early goals make all the difference.

We get too desperate too early when we don't go in front/ go behind.

We had a long spell after the second goal when we didn't score but were still doing the right things - if it had been 0-0 at that point mistakes would have been crucified and tension would have increased.

We deserved our 2 late goals and the score was imo about right.

It would be good if our players could get it into their heads EVERY game that we're trying to cut an eight goal goal difference deficit down though.

HibsNutter
26-04-2016, 09:52 PM
because we're not chasing a seven goal victory to chase down Falkirk every week:wink:

Giro Playboy
26-04-2016, 09:54 PM
Probably because the majority of games are against players who havent been grafting all day.
Imagine finishing your work at 4pm and then having to nash through to Edinburgh to run about in the freezing cold when all you really want to do is sit down, have yer tea and then watch the champions league on the telly

Libby Hibby
26-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Probably because the majority of games are against players who havent been grafting all day.
Imagine finishing your work at 4pm and then having to nash through to Edinburgh to run about in the freezing cold when all you really want to do is sit down, have yer tea and then watch the champions league on the telly

Go back to sickback son, your comments are not welcome

SaulGoodman
26-04-2016, 09:56 PM

They've beat us twice this season.

emerald green
26-04-2016, 09:57 PM
The stench is high.

Hi Heid Yin
27-04-2016, 12:08 AM

I've checked all your posts and you have a Yam-like obsession with our crowds and posting sarcastic comments (ie above) and denigrating everything Hibs.
Your username is also not well disguised either. Yams use giro frequently when referring to Hibs supporters and our stadium.
You are a Jambo and not very good at disguising it.
We ended your season ages ago. Deal with it and get yerself back to sickback.:yw:

cjward2
27-04-2016, 12:12 AM
I've checked all your posts and you have a Yam-like obsession with our crowds and posting sarcastic comments (ie above) and denigrating everything Hibs.
Your username is also not well disguised either. Yams use giro frequently when referring to Hibs supporters and our stadium.
We ended your season ages ago. Deal with it and get yerself back to sickback.:yw:

:thumbsup::aok:

Onion
27-04-2016, 12:58 AM
I can't believe it's taken until the second last game of the season.

It's the Hibs Way. Where the Yams know exactly what's needed to do the job, and go about doing it. Hibs faff about hoping, praying things come together, somehow. It's like this club has no control over it's own destiny and in the hand of the gods where we end up. Lack of belief, lack of character and weak-minded individuals. It's the Hibs Way.

But we love em anyway :greengrin

ian cruise
27-04-2016, 05:14 AM
If we were just playing once a week I think we would. The sheer number of games we've had to play, especially at the business end of the season has killed us, and there's more to come.

Look at Leicester, they'd done well and deserved their praise this season but if they were playing in two cup competitions there's no way they'd win the premiership, they'd had the benefit of players being fresh alongside other teams poor form. In the league were up against a decent Falkirk side who have, I begrudgingly admit, a manager who has had a decent career with some success. If Falkirk had got to the finals of two cup competitions instead of us there's no way they'd be finishing as strongly as they are.

It's disappointing to stumble towards the line but were still in it. Hibs have disappointed us all do much in the past that it's easy to see the last couple of months as the same as before but we've everything to play for.

GGTTH

TrinityHibs
27-04-2016, 06:21 AM

Ach you"vet spoiled it. He thought he was being subtle.

CABBAGEMAD
27-04-2016, 06:28 AM
if we had played like that and went in 2 goals up at half time teams would then have to change the way they were playing not sent out to keep frustrating us there would have been much more space to create which would have suited us . how many more points do you think we would have had ?:gwa:

Keith_M
27-04-2016, 07:05 AM

Dear Admins, as you request us to do when we smell a Yam, I would to report this poster as an undercover Kickbacker. As others have already said, his Username and constant sarcastic comments on the league we play in have already given him away.

DUX called me the YamFinder General and where is he today? :hmmm:

marinello59
27-04-2016, 07:09 AM
Dear Admins, as you request us to do when we smell a Yam, I would to report this poster as an undercover Kickbacker. As others have already said, his Username and constant sarcastic comments on the league we play in have already given him away.

We ask you to use the report post function as others have done. The constant public calling out of other posters on here doesn't help us at all.

Jay
27-04-2016, 07:53 AM

I have no idea where Dux is today but as I said on chat where you were bleating that you outed him as a Yam, he wasn't binned for being a Yam. Maybe if you all stopped the witch hunt and had given the guy a chance he would have settled down and been a good poster. We will never know though eh?