PDA

View Full Version : Well done the fans who turned up

Jamesconnolly
26-04-2016, 08:58 PM
Brilliant support from the hardcore

adhibs
26-04-2016, 09:02 PM
lowest attendance i've ever seen. dont blame folk one bit though, was dire, plus all the usual non attending reasons as well.

mcfly
26-04-2016, 09:05 PM
The non attenders tonight will still moan that the loyal season tickets holders will get 2 tickets for the final

😂😂😂

Nakedmanoncrack
26-04-2016, 09:07 PM
The non attenders tonight will still moan that the loyal season tickets holders will get 2 tickets for the final



Who do the loyal ST holders intend to give the ticket they cant use themself to?
Oh yes, the non-attenders :na na:

Jamesconnolly
26-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Who do the loyal ST holders intend to give the ticket they cant use themself to?

Nah my dad who is a walk up and my daughter who goes when she can

Hibeesforever
26-04-2016, 09:08 PM

😂😂😂

Agreed, the Team needed the support tonight.We should have scored more tonight. No luck in the final third.

iwasthere1972
26-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Brilliant support from the hardcore

Cheers. :aok:

emerald green
26-04-2016, 09:10 PM
I thought there would be at least 15-16,000 there tonight. Especially when you factor in the huge following Dumbarton have. :rolleyes:

andy1875
26-04-2016, 09:11 PM
I couldnt believe how bad the attendance was to be honest.

A guess of around 50 Dumbarton fans? Yes football is expensive, there was a big champions league game on tv, we havent been great recently.

Im sure there are other reasons but that attendance is shocking for a club our size.

Nonetheless. A good nights work and gives Falkirk something to think about on Sunday. That was the name of the game tonight.

GGTTH

Andy74
26-04-2016, 09:13 PM
I thought there would be at least 15-16,000 there tonight. Especially when you factor in the huge following Dumbarton have. :rolleyes:

Yeah but this is the reason no one should care who season ticket holders give an extra ticket to. They pay up front and attend through lots of nights like tonight when no one else does. If they chuck it in the bin they deserve that right I reckon.

Jamesconnolly
26-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Yeah but this is the reason no one should care who season ticket holders give an extra ticket to. They pay up front and attend through lots of nights like tonight when no one else does. If they chuck it in the bin they deserve that right I reckon.

Spot on

Pretty Boy
16000 work and family commitments all falling on the same night is quite a coincidence.

emerald green

I agree.

Diclonius
26-04-2016, 09:17 PM
I'm up at half 4 tomorrow and may have possibly been factoring a 3 hour drive into that. For those reasons I wasn't sure if I'd be attending. Glad I did.

Giro Playboy
26-04-2016, 09:18 PM
If we dont get promoted crowds like tonight's will be the norm next season

Jamesconnolly
26-04-2016, 09:19 PM
16000 work and family commitments all falling on the same night is quite a coincidence.

Aye it's hard to get the time off etc etc etc

Nicho87
26-04-2016, 09:21 PM
I got 10 loyalty points for listening on hibs tv tonight

Onion
26-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Lowest crowd I've seen at ER in ages, especially for League Cup and Scottish Cup finalists ! Lots for Leanne and Stubbs to think about.

Brightside
26-04-2016, 09:23 PM
lowest attendance i've ever seen. dont blame folk one bit though, was dire, plus all the usual non attending reasons as well.

was dire??? eh - 4-0 positive attacking football....dire??

Brightside
26-04-2016, 09:23 PM
If we dont get promoted crowds like tonight's will be the norm next season

SO you think we will get 10000 for a game v Ross County on a tuesday night? not a chance.

Albanian Hibs
26-04-2016, 09:24 PM

Dire?? Care to explain??

OsloHibs
26-04-2016, 09:25 PM
What is adhibs going on about?? It wasn't dire at all.I enjoyed tonight.

Malthibby
26-04-2016, 09:26 PM

Poor attendance, but I've seen worse & can't agree that it was dire, should have scored more but some good stuff in patches & another clean sheet.
GG

givescotlandfreedom
26-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Poor numbers tonight. Shame because I didn't think it was a bad performance. Stokes and Keatings both looked good.

Pretty Boy
26-04-2016, 09:27 PM
What is adhibs going on about?? It wasn't dire at all.

I wouldn't say dire but there was a long spell between about 20 and 65 minutes were it was all quite flat. We passed the ball a lot trying to draw them out, they didn't come out, a move broke down and we tried again. Bit like a training match.

The 1st and last 20 were very good but that middle part was just a bit flat imo.

Giro Playboy
SO you think we will get 10000 for a game v Ross County on a tuesday night? not a chance. I dont think we will get 10'000 against anybody on any night or afternoon

Hibs90
Piss poor attendance, disappointing tbh. Probably deflating for the team too.

emerald green
26-04-2016, 09:31 PM
I dont think we will get 10'000 against anybody on any night or afternoon

Seriously? What makes you say that? Sniff.:hmmm:

Lago
26-04-2016, 09:34 PM
I am surprised that anyone is surprised at the low attendance. Before tonight Hibs had only accumulated 10 points from a possible 30 available from beginning of Feb. Tells a story right there.

paddy1875
26-04-2016, 09:35 PM
After a 0-0 with Morton at the weekend I think a lot of people wouldn't bother tonight. Now that we've narrowed the goal difference tho I think it'll be a good turn out on Sunday.

4 goals and a clean sheet so no complaining on the performance front.

Only gripe is the bunch of Wee boys that let of a banger, almost had me leaving early for a change of underwear

Giro Playboy
26-04-2016, 09:39 PM
Seriously? What makes you say that? Sniff.:hmmm: Have you got a cold?
If we are getting 6500 for a must win game three weeks before we appear in the cup final what sort of crowds do you reckon we will get for the majority of games in the same league next season in the games that are not must win and with no cup final on the horizon?

Brightside
26-04-2016, 09:40 PM
I fully expect 15000 v QoS....if not they can go and shyite in a bag for a cup final ticket.

stoneyburn hibs
26-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Said to the laddie that it didn't seem a lot at kick off, didn't expect it to be that low.

Giro Playboy
26-04-2016, 09:43 PM
I fully expect 15000 v QoS....if not they can go and shyite in a bag for a cup final ticket. We will never get anything like that. QOS will bring a tiny support and the walk ups will be keeping their money for the play offs. You will be lucky if there is 8000 there

Jonnyboy
26-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Dire?? Care to explain??

What is adhibs going on about?? It wasn't dire at all.I enjoyed tonight.

I'm thinking/hoping that he felt the attendance was dire because the football certainly wasn't

Billy Whizz
26-04-2016, 09:44 PM
I'm thinking/hoping that he felt the attendance was dire because the football certainly wasn't

I enjoyed it too, hoping we're going to hit some form at the right time

adhibs
26-04-2016, 09:45 PM
I wouldn't say dire but there was a long spell between about 20 and 65 minutes were it was all quite flat. We passed the ball a lot trying to draw them out, they didn't come out, a move broke down and we tried again. Bit like a training match.

The 1st and last 20 were very good but that middle part was just a bit flat imo.

pretty much the period that made me describe it as dire, but i'd expand it as lasting until around the 75th minute. After being 2 nil up so early we should've absolutely hammered them. 4 - 0 is fair enough but there a part time team with nothing to play, there was a lot more goals available there for us tonight. Frustrating the chances we missed and a missed opportunity to put real pressure on falkirk.

hibee
26-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Enjoyed the game tonight, should have had a few more goals as we must have had about 75% possession but were unlucky a few times.

Andy74
26-04-2016, 09:47 PM
I enjoyed it too, hoping we're going to hit some form at the right time

There's a lot to be said for that, even if we finish third. We look more likely to win games, but we have to try and be more relentless at attacking teams because we are much better than most teams we play.

Lancs Harp
26-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Well done those that attended http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

My own excuse for not attending? Well mid week from Lancs isn't easy although I've done a fair few this season, I'll be at the QoS match on Sunday though.

We all have choices to make.

Great 4-0 win, that's the main issue.

Brightside
26-04-2016, 09:50 PM
We will never get anything like that. QOS will bring a tiny support and the walk ups will be keeping their money for the play offs. You will be lucky if there is 8000 there

"Edinburgh West" honking.

emerald green
26-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Have you got a cold?
If we are getting 6500 for a must win game three weeks before we appear in the cup final what sort of crowds do you reckon we will get for the majority of games in the same league next season in the games that are not must win and with no cup final on the horizon?

No, but something doesn't smell quite right. See also your post on the Keatings thread about Jason Cummings.

What you are saying now is totally different from what you said in your post #26. Read it again.

Tonight wasn't a "must win" game. Hibs are in the play-offs no matter what the result was tonight. Win or lose. Tonight was about a chance to eat into Falkirk's 7 goal advantage.

What would have been an acceptable attendance for you tonight?

Who says Hibs will be in the same league next season? You seem to think so.

mghibs
26-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Glad I flat out refused to go and watch the 'European elite' tonight... Well worth it for 4 goals and an improved performance compared to Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IberianHibernian
26-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Read this thread without knowing what the crowd was and assumed it was below 4 000 from the comments . Watching on Hibs TV it`s hard to know exact crowd . Now I see it was nearly 7 000 with almost no away fans and think it wasn`t such a bad crowd after all . Older fans like me have been in much smaller crowds many times watching much better teams than one we have now . Almost no build up in press for game , low away support , loads of big games in last few months and coming up ( people just can`t afford money or time when there are so many matches especially when we charge such high prices despite being in second tier ) . Thousands of season ticket holders won`t have gone either ( or will have given ST to friends ) so not just a question of walk ups not following team . When there was talk of moving to Straiton , did club not say 40% of STHs lived outside Edinburgh ( may be remembering it wrongly but fact is many fans with or without STs have to travel a fair bit to get to home games and so have to prioritise games ) . Number is probably even higher now .

Billy Whizz
There's a lot to be said for that, even if we finish third. We look more likely to win games, but we have to try and be more relentless at attacking teams because we are much better than most teams we play.

Think there is. Much has been said about our players having run out of steam, but quite a few of our players haven't played a lot of football this season, guys like Gunarsson, Boyle, Keatings, Fyvie and Stokes, have all missed a chunk of the season due to various reasons, and should be fresh for the play offs

Giro Playboy
"Edinburgh West" honking. I live in Corstorphine. Its actually quite nice. We used to run a good bus in the eighties.

For the record Jimmy O Rourke and Mickey Weir also come from Edinburgh West

Brightside
26-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Think there is. Much has been said about our players having run out of steam, but quite a few of our players haven't played a lot of football this season, guys like Gunarsson, Boyle, Keatings, Fyvie and Stokes, have all missed a chunk of the season due to various reasons, and should be fresh for the play offs

Am i wrong to expect a bit more form Henderson in games likes this? I know he is still young but i honestly thought he would go on a rampage in the 2nd half. His use of the left foot is up there with cummings right!

Alfred E Newman
26-04-2016, 10:02 PM

We could quite easily if we counted the empty seats. :wink:

Brightside
26-04-2016, 10:03 PM
I live in Corstorphine. Its actually quite nice. We used to run a good bus in the eighties.

Anything past the Rutland is basically Glasgow. :wink:

emerald green
26-04-2016, 10:06 PM
I live in Corstorphine. Its actually quite nice. We used to run a good bus in the eighties.

The bit in bold. Was that from Tynecastle?

I note there has been no answer to the questions I put to you in my previous post though.

Giro Playboy
26-04-2016, 10:10 PM
No, but something doesn't smell quite right. See also your post on the Keatings thread about Jason Cummings.

What you are saying now is totally different from what you said in your post #26. Read it again.

Tonight wasn't a "must win" game. Hibs are in the play-offs no matter what the result was tonight. Win or lose. Tonight was about a chance to eat into Falkirk's 7 goal advantage.

What would have been an acceptable attendance for you tonight?

Who says Hibs will be in the same league next season? You seem to think so. Aye we really look like we could do with an extra couple of games right enough. Of course it was a must win game.
My post was not about tonight's attendance. I was insinuating that low crowds like tonight's will be the norm next season IF we dont go up.

S.sct
26-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Let's stop this constant obsession with attendences. Aye bit disappointing but hey ho...Tuesday night against Dumbarton on a cauld night hardly captures the imagination at the fag end of the month....I was there by the way...

Bishop Hibee
26-04-2016, 10:11 PM
One of the ST holders I go with couldn't make it and I couldn't give the ticket away. 1400 other ST holders didn't go. Add end of the month, freezing CL etc and I wasn't surprised the crowd was rubbish. A shame as the stay-aways missed the sort of performance I wish we'd put in far more this season.

Back around 9K for the QoS game.

Giro Playboy
26-04-2016, 10:13 PM
The bit in bold. Was that from Tynecastle?

I note there has been no answer to the questions I put to you in my previous post though. Why would it be from Tyncastle? I take it you were not around in the 1980s. Edinburgh West was a well known bus. Im sure a lot of Hibbies on here who arent silly wee laddies will remember it

Gatecrasher
26-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Read this thread without knowing what the crowd was and assumed it was below 4 000 from the comments . Watching on Hibs TV it`s hard to know exact crowd . Now I see it was nearly 7 000 with almost no away fans and think it wasn`t such a bad crowd after all . Older fans like me have been in much smaller crowds many times watching much better teams than one we have now . Almost no build up in press for game , low away support , loads of big games in last few months and coming up ( people just can`t afford money or time when there are so many matches especially when we charge such high prices despite being in second tier ) . Thousands of season ticket holders won`t have gone either ( or will have given ST to friends ) so not just a question of walk ups not following team . When there was talk of moving to Straiton , did club not say 40% of STHs lived outside Edinburgh ( may be remembering it wrongly but fact is many fans with or without STs have to travel a fair bit to get to home games and so have to prioritise games ) . Number is probably even higher now .
It's a piss poor attendance no matter which way you dress it up I'm afraid. There will be more of this next season if we don't go up no doubt.

Thecat23
Have you got a cold?

Crowds will be the same as this year I expect if we stay down. Might drop a tad! Folk have spent a fortune on Hibs this season including cup runs now we are in the play offs folk maybe didn't see this as a must win game more a game we should win but still doesn't get us second. It's also midweek with a high profile game on the tv.

Hibs will pack ER in the play offs so I'm not worried!

stantonhibby
Why would it be from Tyncastle? I take it you were not around in the 1980s. Edinburgh West was a well known bus. Im sure a lot of Hibbies on here who arent silly wee laddies will remember it

I used to go on the Edinburgh West bus...happy days. I recall a 12 hour marathon trip to Aberdeen midweek which involved much beer in Stonehaven.

emerald green
26-04-2016, 10:21 PM

Read that.

Aye we really look like we could do with an extra couple of games right enough. Of course it was a must win game.
My post was not about tonight's attendance. I was insinuating that low crowds like tonight's will be the norm next season IF we dont go up.

Now read that.

Why would it be from Tyncastle? I take it you were not around in the 1980s. Edinburgh West was a well known bus. Im sure a lot of Hibbies on here who arent silly wee laddies will remember it

Remind me, who was the bus convener again? I was supporting Hibs back in the 60s.

Giro Playboy
26-04-2016, 10:25 PM
I used to go on the Edinburgh West bus...happy days. I recall a 12 hour marathon trip to Aberdeen midweek which involved much beer in Stonehaven. I have a lot of good memories from that bus. Met a lot of good guys.
Mind you better not tell Emerald Green that. He seems to think it was a Hearts bus

IberianHibernian
26-04-2016, 10:27 PM
It's a piss poor attendance no matter which way you dress it up I'm afraid. There will be more of this next season if we don't go up no doubt.

What crowd were you expecting ? Crowds next season whatever league we`re in will as always depend on results , style of play , pricing ( club has already made decision to charge high prices calculating that crowds won`t fall enough to reduce income ) . This time next year if we`re playing eg Ross County midweek I`d expect a similar crowd.

emerald green
26-04-2016, 10:33 PM
I used to go on the Edinburgh West bus...happy days. I recall a 12 hour marathon trip to Aberdeen midweek which involved much beer in Stonehaven.

You'll probably know Giro Playboy then, seeing you both live in Corstorphine and went on the Edinburgh West bus. :wink:

monktonharp
26-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Queen of the South have had some great numbers at ER over the years, albeit mainly in cup games. I'd say 7 or 800 on Sunday and we'll have just short of 10k. It will be very exiting near the end of the game if Falkirk are not winning. we must go out for a lot of goals and tonight has given the team a platform to get into Sunday's game with confidence. rather be in Falkirks position but we can still get second.

stantonhibby
26-04-2016, 10:37 PM
You'll probably know Giro Playboy then, seeing you both live in Corstorphine and went on the Edinburgh West bus. :wink:

Maybes aye!

Renfrew_Hibby
26-04-2016, 10:37 PM
No long back in Renfrew. Always going to be a really low crowd tonight but there you go I was free tonight so I was never going to miss it.
I just love the Hibs.

hibby6270
26-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Size of crowd didn't really matter tonight.
Size of win did matter though.
Totally dominated game but again their keeper makes at least 3 wonder saves I can recal. How the hell he stopped Stokes shot from Boyle's cross, I still can't quite fathom. Add to that Lewis's rocket that hit the post and 8-0 would have been more realistic, taking into account all the other chances that went wide or over the top. Plus our frustrating attempts at wanting to walk the ball into the net. Aarghh!!

Result was what mattered but it could/ should have been much more of a winning margin.

NAE NOOKIE
26-04-2016, 11:38 PM
It was a poor crowd for what was an important game in the context of our possible play off schedule, anything under 7,000 is worrying IMO ... lets hope the folk who didn't go tonight, or to our last 3 home games for that matter, can get sorted for Sunday.

For them:

We are playing a club called Queen of the South and we need to win to have any chance of finishing 2nd ....... this is really important to give the team a chance not to be out on their feet when they play in the cup final and the play off final if we make it, so it would be nice if you stay away fans would make the effort to help out on Sunday ...... Its a fact that lots of clubs need that wee bit extra support in games like this one .... so ken, if ye widnae mind.

Sorry to have bothered you about this ...... its just that somebody heard you say you were a Hibs supporter and as I watched the team give it a real go tonight in front of swathes of empty seats you popped into my head for some reason ... cant think why.

Gatecrasher
27-04-2016, 05:51 AM
What crowd were you expecting ? Crowds next season whatever league we`re in will as always depend on results , style of play , pricing ( club has already made decision to charge high prices calculating that crowds won`t fall enough to reduce income ) . This time next year if we`re playing eg Ross County midweek I`d expect a similar crowd.
Considering we have sold more season tickets than fans were there I was at least expecting the usual 8 thousand. Clearly your standards are different to mine though.

EdinMike
27-04-2016, 06:19 AM
It's going to be an expensive month for Hibernian supporters and I'm not surprised that some may have chose to give this one a miss.

Pete
27-04-2016, 06:30 AM
It's going to be an expensive month for Hibernian supporters and I'm not surprised that some may have chose to give this one a miss.

:agree:

Added to the fact that it's already been an expensive few months with cup runs, midweek games and finals etc...

Brightside
27-04-2016, 07:34 AM
A huge positive attendance is vital for the game v QoS. I'd like to see the club offer up Cup Final dibs for anyone attending the game.

Hermit Crab
27-04-2016, 07:34 AM
Terrible crowd. If last nights game had guaranteed a cup final that would have sold out. Would be funny if there was no general sale and the day trippers missed out.

Hermit Crab
27-04-2016, 07:35 AM

I know giro playboy very well indeed.

superfurryhibby
27-04-2016, 07:39 AM

Not attention seeking, yawn.....

pacoluna
27-04-2016, 07:40 AM
:agree:

Added to the fact that it's already been an expensive few months with cup runs, midweek games and finals etc...

you wouldn't have paid last night or for any of the mid week games if you had a season ticket :wink:

marinello59
27-04-2016, 07:40 AM
I know giro playboy very well indeed.

Well tell him to lighten up a bit, he makes you look like a happy clapper. :greengrin

DaveF
27-04-2016, 07:41 AM
Terrible crowd. If last nights game had guaranteed a cup final that would have sold out. Would be funny if there was no general sale and the day trippers missed out.

I honestly don't get the fascination with crowds and the amount of posts (of which mine is one, I know...) it gets. Maybe it's because I grew up in an era when attendances were generally poor bar the visits of the usual suspects when it would double or more likely treble in size (IE, from 5 to 15k)

It's always been that way. Yer hardcore will stick by the club and the floaters will pick and choose their games.

Last night was low but given our form and the freezing cold weather I'm not surprised. The sheer amount of matches as well probably didn't help.

I don't see Sunday being much better either to be honest. We are in a situation of own making. The players and management can increase the crowd by winning games. Simple.

marinello59
27-04-2016, 07:43 AM
I honestly don't get the fascination with crowds and the amount of posts (of which mine is one, I know...) it gets. Maybe it's because I grew up in an era when attendances were generally poor bar the visits of the usual suspects when it would double or more likely treble in size (IE, from 5 to 15k)

It's always been that way. Yer hardcore will stick by the club and the floaters will pick and choose their games.

Last night was low but given our form and the freezing cold weather I'm not surprised. The sheer amount of matches as well probably didn't help.

I don't see Sunday being much better either to be honest. We are in a situation of own making. The players and management can increase the crowd by winning games. Simple.

:top marks

Eaststandee
27-04-2016, 07:49 AM
Was last night not the third time in a row we have played on the same night as Champions league?

I was at the game last night, but if that was Liverpool playing in the Champions league I might have thought about just staying at home and watching that, especially if I didn't have a season ticket.

I'm sure for the past three times we have clashed with Champions league it has made a dent on our attendances/income. Seems unfair.

:flag:

Gatecrasher
27-04-2016, 08:12 AM

For me it's not about boasting about how many were there last night but more about the club having a healthy fan Base in which it can thrive on. It's important that the fans stand by the club.

Phil MaGlass
27-04-2016, 08:39 AM
Next home game could be for walkups pay full ticket second ticket half price. Kids free.
just fill the bloody stadium. It really isnt difficult to do. Takes a bit of work but it can b done

JimBHibees
27-04-2016, 08:42 AM
Next home game could be for walkups pay full ticket second ticket half price. Kids free.
just fill the bloody stadium. It really isnt difficult to do. Takes a bit of work but it can b done

Agree wonder if any thought to reduces walk ups for Sunday, might be an idea.

Keith_M
27-04-2016, 09:32 AM
Agree wonder if any thought to reduces walk ups for Sunday, might be an idea.

How about everybody that attends on Sunday is guaranteed a ticket for the Final, regardless of how many Loyalty Points they have.

Mikey09
27-04-2016, 10:09 AM
Aye it's hard to get the time off etc etc etc

What a stupid post. Not that I need to justify anything to you but I work back shift every Tuesday and work every weekend. I have taken loads of annual leave to get to games this season and have none left until July now. So stick yer sarcastic post where the sun don't shine pal. :aok:

Brightside
27-04-2016, 10:16 AM

It wasn't freezing and it was must win game. Im obsessed with attendance because without it we close down.

DaveF
27-04-2016, 10:21 AM
For me it's not about boasting about how many were there last night but more about the club having a healthy fan Base in which it can thrive on. It's important that the fans stand by the club.

The hardcore do stand by the club and always have done. With the exception of a couple of good years I would doubt our average has been above 10k since I started going in early 80's.

It wasn't freezing and it was must win game. Im obsessed with attendance because without it we close down.

You must have more hair than me, as I was freezing last night :greengrin

Morton was a must win. Alloa. Falkirk.....need I go on. Results drive crowds. Our's have not been good enough = lower crowds.

27-04-2016, 10:24 AM
As I said on another thread a few weeks ago - all these people who didn't bother their arse will suddenly be in a mad rush to get final tickets.

I completely 100% understand that some people can't make it every other week due to work/family/living far away or simply cannot afford it etc. Thats completely understandable and last night as well with it being a mid week game, a lot of people probably couldn't get away from work early enough. All these things I completely understand. However, I know for an absolute fact that there ARE people out there who CAN attend ER every other week but simply don't bother their arse but oh as soon as it comes to the big days out for semis and finals etc they are suddenly bothered again.

The team need fans EVERY week, especially at this time of the season where every game is vital in the push for promotion. I'm really not trying to say "oh im a better fans than you" or start this so called "uberfan" debate. I'm just saying that there are people who can't be bothered coming along to ER (when they are perfectly able to) but suddenly all come running out of the woodwork when the big occasions come along.

Lago
27-04-2016, 10:29 AM

Totally agree re hibs crowds, over my time supporting them crowds of 8k ish were the norm or even less during Bertie Aulds time, where todays fans get this idea that Hibs always carried a big, 12k to 15k , support comes from I know not, it's a bit of a mith.

JimBHibees
27-04-2016, 10:34 AM
The hardcore do stand by the club and always have done. With the exception of a couple of good years I would doubt our average has been above 10k since I started going in early 80's.

You must have more hair than me, as I was freezing last night :greengrin

Morton was a must win. Alloa. Falkirk.....need I go on. Results drive crowds. Our's have not been good enough = lower crowds.

Even David Gray was wearing a hat when warming up. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2016, 10:43 AM
What a stupid post. Not that I need to justify anything to you but I work back shift every Tuesday and work every weekend. I have taken loads of annual leave to get to games this season and have none left until July now. So stick yer sarcastic post where the sun don't shine pal. :aok:

I think the point he was making wasn't aimed at folk who genuinely couldn't go mate. But it has to be said that its amazing how many ( too many ) folk who claim to be Hibs supporters are 'washing their hair that night' when things aint going so well.

I totally understand why folk like yourself get annoyed at these threads .... its infuriating when you get lumped in with the fair weather fans when you genuinely cant go and have to make sacrifices when you do ...... believe me, I've been there.

But lets not kid ourselves on ........... I'd lay a million quid to an Easter road pie that there was hundreds of supposed Hibs fans who could easily have been at Easter road last night who looked out the window, went **** that, shut the curtains and checked the TV guide to see what time Man City v Real Madrid kicked off.

This club needs fans who are better than that ...... they might be an affront to folk like me who go to every home game, but surely they must be an even bigger affront to folk like yourself who want to go but cant.

Steve20
27-04-2016, 11:10 AM
As I said on another thread a few weeks ago - all these people who didn't bother their arse will suddenly be in a mad rush to get final tickets.

I completely 100% understand that some people can't make it every other week due to work/family/living far away or simply cannot afford it etc. Thats completely understandable and last night as well with it being a mid week game, a lot of people probably couldn't get away from work early enough. All these things I completely understand. However, I know for an absolute fact that there ARE people out there who CAN attend ER every other week but simply don't bother their arse but oh as soon as it comes to the big days out for semis and finals etc they are suddenly bothered again.

The team need fans EVERY week, especially at this time of the season where every game is vital in the push for promotion. I'm really not trying to say "oh im a better fans than you" or start this so called "uberfan" debate. I'm just saying that there are people who can't be bothered coming along to ER (when they are perfectly able to) but suddenly all come running out of the woodwork when the big occasions come along.

People don't want to go to every game. The same people want to go to cup finals. That's just the way it is. It's their life and if they want to go to a cup final despite being at only 1 or 2 games all season, then fair enough. They run the risk of not getting a cup final ticket, but so what?

Why do people care so much what other people do with their spare time?

Lago
27-04-2016, 11:30 AM
I think the point he was making wasn't aimed at folk who genuinely couldn't go mate. But it has to be said that its amazing how many ( too many ) folk who claim to be Hibs supporters are 'washing their hair that night' when things aint going so well.

I totally understand why folk like yourself get annoyed at these threads .... its infuriating when you get lumped in with the fair weather fans when you genuinely cant go and have to make sacrifices when you do ...... believe me, I've been there.

But lets not kid ourselves on ........... I'd lay a million quid to an Easter road pie that there was hundreds of supposed Hibs fans who could easily have been at Easter road last night who looked out the window, went **** that, shut the curtains and checked the TV guide to see what time Man City v Real Madrid kicked off.

This club needs fans who are better than that ...... they might be an affront to folk like me who go to every home game, but surely they must be an even bigger affront to folk like yourself who want to go but cant.
With out fail every club in the UK at what ever level have fair weather fans, it is part and parcel of modern life and they do in their fair weather way provide a certain amount of income to the club, you will never change it, certainly berating people about attendance non attendance achieves little. The answers, to a degree, ies in Hibs playing attractive football consistently at the top level of Scottish football.

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2016, 11:35 AM

So what do you suggest the club/team do to entice more folk every week?

WeeRussell
27-04-2016, 11:37 AM
Ah, the monthly attendance attack.

I wasn't there tonight as I had a game myself - intended on going otherwise, and caught the end of the game on the radio.

If others didn't fancy going to watch on a cauld Tuesday night at £22 a ticket, that's entirely up to them. Regardless of whether they're looking for a cup final ticket or not. All the sarcastic posts and aggressive heroics won't make a bit of difference.

Alfred E Newman
27-04-2016, 11:38 AM

Last night was the coldest I've felt at a match since Falkirk at the end of last season.

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2016, 11:41 AM
Ah, the monthly attendance attack.

I wasn't there tonight as I had a game myself - intended on going otherwise, and caught the end of the game on the radio.

If others didn't fancy going to watch on a cauld Tuesday night at £22 a ticket, that's entirely up to them. Regardless of whether they're looking for a cup final ticket or not. All the sarcastic posts and aggressive heroics won't make a bit of difference.

Exactly, and when you have squeezed yourself so far into the woodwork, sometimes its very difficult to get out in time for a 7.45pm kick off time. :greengrin

OsloHibs
27-04-2016, 11:52 AM
They'll give sevco more tickets as they have more fans. Common sense, no? Well makes sense to me!

27-04-2016, 11:55 AM
People don't want to go to every game. The same people want to go to cup finals. That's just the way it is. It's their life and if they want to go to a cup final despite being at only 1 or 2 games all season, then fair enough. They run the risk of not getting a cup final ticket, but so what?

Why do people care so much what other people do with their spare time?

Fair enough if thats what they want to do, just think its a bit poor that some people can only be arsed supporting the team when it comes to the more glamorous occasions.

27-04-2016, 11:57 AM

The club and the team can't really do much more than they have already done tbh. Even on our unbeaten run when we were playing great stuff, some people still didn't bother until it came to the big games.

pacoluna
27-04-2016, 12:38 PM
I am surprised that anyone is surprised at the low attendance. Before tonight Hibs had only accumulated 10 points from a possible 30 available from beginning of Feb. Tells a story right there.

Thats good then no moaning about getting tickets for the cup final then from those who don't think they are worthy of our support in the league due to our poor form.

Lago
27-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Thats good then no moaning about getting tickets for the cup final then from those who don't think they are worthy of our support in the league due to our poor form.
Certainly no moaning from me, believe me I've done the Hampden experience many times so no ticket no big deal, leave them for the uber fans. Hibs put a winning side out, playing attractive football, people will come to watch them thats just human nature, but watching a team struggling to make 2nd in a poor league on a cold mid week doesn't float my boat or it would seem manymany others, and no I didn't watch Man. City, I don't have Sky or BT sports.

bubblesmorrison
27-04-2016, 12:58 PM

I live in America and I hope my season ticket holding dad is allowed two tickets (I was a season ticket holder till I moved)

pacoluna
27-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Certainly no moaning from me, believe me I've done the Hampden experience many times so no ticket no big deal, leave them for the uber fans. Hibs put a winning side out, playing attractive football, people will come to watch them thats just human nature, but watching a team struggling to make 2nd in a poor league on a cold mid week doesn't float my boat or it would seem manymany others, and no I didn't watch Man. City, I don't have Sky or BT sports.

I'm as unhappy as anyone out there watching us play in this dross league and extremely critical when we drop points to teams such a Alloa, Dunbarton and Morton its ridiculous that the club finds itself in this position yet some folk call people like ourselves negative/ doom merchants . People are so fazed with relative cup success and need a dose of reality, 3rd in 2nd tier of scottish football theirs no hiding its a disgrace.

Spike Mandela
27-04-2016, 01:31 PM
A Tuesday night fixture v Dumbarton is never going to be real box office. The league we are in doesn't really make any difference either. If this was an end of season game against Hamilton in the Premier league we probably wouldn't have attracted much more.

Where we will see crowds is in the playoff games where there is something at stake, perhaps even a big crowd on Sunday for the 2nd place shootout.

If we ever want to acheive big crowds in a fixture like Dumbarton we need to be challenging for titles or playing such box office football that no fan wants to miss it. Blind loyalty doesn't cut it any more with so much competition for people's leisure expenditure.

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2016, 01:42 PM
There are a million perfectly valid reasons for folk not to go to a football match .... no matter how much they might want to go ... nobody, including me should ever call these people poor supporters, and nor would I because as I've said before I've been their myself.

But:

If you are in good health, have the time, have the money and call yourself a Hibs 'supporter' then where you belong when Hibs are at home is Easter Road.

When I discovered and joined Hibs.net nine years ago I thought it was a place where folk like me with a shared 'passion' for Hibernian football club would go to discuss the club and encourage each other in their support for it ..... and above all ( no matter our differences ) agree that our presence in the stands on a Saturday was what it meant to be a Hibs supporter.

Instead of that folk who come on here saying stuff like 'I wont renew if we are in this league next season' or who come on to explain to you how 'there are more important things in life than Hibs and football ( as if you didn't know that already ) or whose attendance at ER depends on the team playing like Barcelona and winning all the time, instead of getting short shrift like they should on a forum dedicated to those who are supposed to 'care' about the fortunes and good health of the club, get a big hug, a warm fuzzy blanket and sage like nods of approval.

No football isn't the be all and end all ............ no Hibs aren't the most important thing in the Universe ...... no, nobody is obliged to go to a football match.

But the amount of support for that view on here at times .... a forum that's supposed to be for people who have a passion for Hibs and football ..... is depressing in the extreme.

My partner ****ing hates football ..... all she knows about it is that she hates it ..... and even then I've been more encouraged in my dedication to Hibernian FC by her than by half the so called Hibs supporters who post on here.

Take yer best shot !

Smartie
27-04-2016, 02:05 PM
There are a million perfectly valid reasons for folk not to go to a football match .... no matter how much they might want to go ... nobody, including me should ever call these people poor supporters, and nor would I because as I've said before I've been their myself.

But:

If you are in good health, have the time, have the money and call yourself a Hibs 'supporter' then where you belong when Hibs are at home is Easter Road.

When I discovered and joined Hibs.net nine years ago I thought it was a place where folk like me with a shared 'passion' for Hibernian football club would go to discuss the club and encourage each other in their support for it ..... and above all ( no matter our differences ) agree that our presence in the stands on a Saturday was what it meant to be a Hibs supporter.

Instead of that folk who come on here saying stuff like 'I wont renew if we are in this league next season' or who come on to explain to you how 'there are more important things in life than Hibs and football ( as if you didn't know that already ) or whose attendance at ER depends on the team playing like Barcelona and winning all the time, instead of getting short shrift like they should on a forum dedicated to those who are supposed to 'care' about the fortunes and good health of the club, get a big hug, a warm fuzzy blanket and sage like nods of approval.

No football isn't the be all and end all ............ no Hibs aren't the most important thing in the Universe ...... no, nobody is obliged to go to a football match.

But the amount of support for that view on here at times .... a forum that's supposed to be for people who have a passion for Hibs and football ..... is depressing in the extreme.

My partner ****ing hates football ..... all she knows about it is that she hates it ..... and even then I've been more encouraged in my dedication to Hibernian FC by her than by half the so called Hibs supporters who post on here.

Take yer best shot !

The thing is, you can't tell people what they should/ shouldn't do, what they should think or what games they should/ shouldn't get up for. It's natural and it's there or it's not.

Personally I was 100% up for last night's game but I respect anyone who wasn't. We're in a challenge for 2nd with promotion and the Scottish Cup up for grabs. Rarely have Hibs ever had so much to play for this late in the season so I'll put that bit extra in to try and nudge them over the line.

I got into the ground 25 minutes late last night but tbh I was still with a client at my own business up the West End at 7:56. I just finished up, then hopped in a taxi and made my way over.

I really wanted to go last night. I've invested a lot emotionally and financially in this team and this season and I want to see it through. We all knew Hibs would try to blow Dumbarton away last night as we attempt to reduce a large goal-difference deficit and I was looking forward to it all day. We were 2-0 up by the time I got in but I still liked what I saw last night and thought we were good value.

People have their reasons for not going and I respect that. Fans are fickle, that's the nature of the beast and you can get wound up by what other people do or you can let it wash over you. I prefer to let it go. I know how tough the past few seasons have been, I know how expensive all the matches are, I know how bloody freezing it was last night, I know how annoying it is to see us chuck 2 goal leads in the last few minutes of matches, I know there was fitba on the box. None of those factors affected me but I respect those that were affected.

I might not be back next season, even if we go up. Life is changing for me - I have my own business, a lot less time and money and people who are dependent on me so the days when an enigmatic football team are near to the top of my list of priorities may well soon be over. Or not.

But I think we need to respect the choices of those who one day we hope to see join us again.

Spike Mandela
27-04-2016, 02:06 PM

But:

Take yer best shot !

You need to get mair nookie.:wink:

Jamesconnolly
27-04-2016, 05:06 PM

But:

Take yer best shot !
Pretty much spot on mate.basically if you live in Edinburgh or nearby and don't go to the games,I don't think you really have the right to put the boot in to the team,stubbs or anything else on this Hibs forum.
Which I guess many do.
Yes people have the right to a opinion but not on here if you are local and just can't be arsed to go,can't afford it,getting hair done painting fence etc

superfurryhibby
27-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Pretty much spot on mate.basically if you live in Edinburgh or nearby and don't go to the games,I don't think you really have the right to put the boot in to the team,stubbs or anything else on this Hibs forum.
Which I guess many do.
Yes people have the right to a opinion but not on here if you are local and just can't be arsed to go,can't afford it,getting hair done painting fence etc

Does that narrow view include people who have invested in shares, Hibs Tv, been to all the Hampden games, attended around 9 other games this season, supported Hibs ith varying degrees of passion for 45 years etc, etc but feels that they havbetter things to do than watch the team at every home game in this very shoddy league?

In my opinion, people who take the uber stance are the most divisive of all supporters. It's the same old crap every time and I suspect it does more to annoy than inspire. There must be some inadequacy issues lurking in the psyche that promotes the same old nonsense every time there's a discussion about crowds.

Grow up ubers and wind yer necks in.

Final tickets and all that, like someone else said. So what? I'll be glad to get a ticket, but after attending so many finals since 1974, deep down I'm not that fussed.

Sir David Gray
27-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Crap attendance last night, no doubt about it.

Stubbs said on the radio that he was hoping for a big crowd on Sunday, I personally think he'll be disappointed.

I think we'll be lucky to get 10,000.

hibsbollah
27-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Crap attendance last night, no doubt about it.

Stubbs said on the radio that he was hoping for a big crowd on Sunday, I personally think he'll be disappointed.

I think we'll be lucky to get 10,000.

A lot of people will be away because of the Monday holiday, and folk are probably feeling the pinch with all these cup semis, finals, and playoff matches to attend. The crowd will be under 10000 but it really doesn't bother me. As has been mentioned already, you get a better class of fan when it's just the hardcores anyway :greengrin:

Sir David Gray
27-04-2016, 06:58 PM
A lot of people will be away because of the Monday holiday, and folk are probably feeling the pinch with all these cup semis, finals, and playoff matches to attend. The crowd will be under 10000 but it really doesn't bother me. As has been mentioned already, you get a better class of fan when it's just the hardcores anyway :greengrin:

I personally think it will be under 10k regardless of the bank holiday etc.

The stayaways just aren't coming back on a regular basis unfortunately. I know we've not been great over the last couple of months and our run of form has been terrible but we're coming up to a really important point in the season that will be vital in determining our short-medium term future and we could really do with the support.

I do tend to agree with your final point though. :greengrin

Jamesconnolly
27-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Does that narrow view include people who have invested in shares, Hibs Tv, been to all the Hampden games, attended around 9 other games this season, supported Hibs ith varying degrees of passion for 45 years etc, etc but feels that they havbetter things to do than watch the team at every home game in this very shoddy league?

In my opinion, people who take the uber stance are the most divisive of all supporters. It's the same old crap every time and I suspect it does more to annoy than inspire. There must be some inadequacy issues lurking in the psyche that promotes the same old nonsense every time there's a discussion about crowds.

Final tickets and all that, like someone else said. So what? I'll be glad to get a ticket, but after attending so many finals since 1974, deep down I'm not that fussed.
Just don't bother then.

Alfred E Newman
27-04-2016, 08:39 PM

I personally couldn't care less who goes and who doesn't but I wish some folk who always seem to have time to incessantly post on here slating everything about the club from the management to the tea lady wouldn't come on almost boasting about not going and why they are not going.
It almost gets to the stage where the regular attenders are made to feel guilty for being daft enough to trail along on a weekly basis to watch the so called crap.

Mikey09
27-04-2016, 08:48 PM

Fair points. These threads do piss me off as I've given up a **** load of annual leave to get to games. However you're bang on with what you say. :agree:

Edson Arantes
27-04-2016, 09:02 PM

:greengrin

Edson Arantes
27-04-2016, 09:05 PM

Weir didn't.

green day
27-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Dad couldn't make it so sat on my own in the freezing cold last night in a tiny crowd (6800 or so?).

Fast forward 24 hours and we have a mental thread about how unfairly the club are allocating almost 4 times as many tickets for the final.

Sometimes words fail me.

Sir David Gray
27-04-2016, 09:07 PM

Don't forget about the ones who will only return once Rod Petrie leaves the club.

Edson Arantes
27-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Don't forget about the ones who will only return once Rod Petrie leaves the club.

:thumbsup:

weecounty hibby
27-04-2016, 09:40 PM
I was there last night but neither of my kids were. None of us were at the Rangers game and in fact for our season tickets we have only been to 10 home games. I knew that would be the case when we bought our STs due to my work and my son also playing rugby but the amount of mid week games has made it worse and works out at £33 per game for me. I started watching Hibs in the early 70s and apart from some exceptions our crowds have never really been that great when playing rubbish like Dumbarton on a cold Tuesday night. We have a very expensive and exciting time coming up so I really don't blame folk for picking and choosing games. Hopefully when it really matters in the playoffs we will get good crowds

Mikey09
27-04-2016, 11:32 PM
The most important thing is we sell out the play off games. It would be a massive boost to the team coming out to a packed stadium and one that they would relish.

Libby Hibby
28-04-2016, 02:13 AM
The most important thing is we sell out the play off games. It would be a massive boost to the team coming out to a packed stadium and one that they would relish.

Are play off prices set by SPFL or could Hibs charge say £10 adults / £5 concessions to bring the punters in?

ALF TUPPER
28-04-2016, 05:33 AM
Yeah, well done the "hardcore" folk who turned up. I didn't go because, do you know what ...... I couldn't be ar$ed . Hammering through to the capital for a midweek game after work, again. ? Nah!

But hey, I'll be there on Sunday and I'll get a cup final ticket !

Oh to be an übber hardcore fan

😊👍🏻

Libby Hibby
28-04-2016, 06:07 AM
Yeah, well done the "hardcore" folk who turned up. I didn't go because, do you know what ...... I couldn't be ar$ed . Hammering through to the capital for a midweek game after work, again. ? Nah!

😊👍🏻

Replace 'hardcore' with 'Loyal' and I kinda catch your drift....

ALF TUPPER
28-04-2016, 07:09 AM
Eh ? I'm not disloyal ... 👍🏻

Mikey09
28-04-2016, 08:08 AM
Are play off prices set by SPFL or could Hibs charge say £10 adults / £5 concessions to bring the punters in?

Im not too sure. I think prices may be set by the SPFL.

WeeRussell
28-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Im not too sure. I think prices may be set by the SPFL.

They were last year anyway :agree:

Betty Boop
28-04-2016, 11:35 AM
Did Rangers not charge a fiver last year IIRC ? I'm sure they wanted to let season ticket holders in free at one point ?

NAE NOOKIE
28-04-2016, 11:39 AM



Congratulations .... you missed a decent display by Hibs.

SQHib
28-04-2016, 11:39 AM

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/press-release--play-off-pricing-agreed/

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5352

CallumLaidlaw
28-04-2016, 11:44 AM
Did Rangers not charge a fiver last year IIRC ? I'm sure they wanted to let season ticket holders in free at one point ?

They did, because the only rule the SPFL has set was that season tickets couldnt be used after Hibs done it the year before. And now that Rangers charged a fiver they've come up with the minimum payment amounts, as most of the money goes to other clubs rather than the teams in the actual playoffs

NAE NOOKIE
28-04-2016, 12:12 PM

This is exactly what I was talking about. A forum for fans of a fitba club where the folk who think it might be a good idea for the clubs supporters to turn up at games on a regular basis get called "divisive"

Wouldn't it be great if Hibs had 13,000 folk committed enough to the club that they turned up to all its home games? 'Ach piss off, now yer just being divisive' ..... :faf:

In spite of the fact that in every post I make on this subject I make it crystal clear that I completely understand why many folk cant go on a regular basis, be that work, time, money, etc .... I still get folk quoting my posts and telling me that I'm being unfair because folk cant always go because of work, time, money etc ................ I know, that's not the folk I am talking about!

What sort of a football club is this where fans who wish its supporters would back it from the terraces in greater numbers get called 'uber fans' and 'divisive' ...... perhaps I'm following the wrong club.

ALF TUPPER
28-04-2016, 12:16 PM
Congratulations .... you missed a decent display by Hibs.

Yeah, great stuff. the only one ive missed this season. There will be more decent displays hopefully . :agree:

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2016, 12:57 PM
This is exactly what I was talking about. A forum for fans of a fitba club where the folk who think it might be a good idea for the clubs supporters to turn up at games on a regular basis get called "divisive"

Wouldn't it be great if Hibs had 13,000 folk committed enough to the club that they turned up to all its home games? 'Ach piss off, now yer just being divisive' ..... :faf:

In spite of the fact that in every post I make on this subject I make it crystal clear that I completely understand why many folk cant go on a regular basis, be that work, time, money, etc .... I still get folk quoting my posts and telling me that I'm being unfair because folk cant always go because of work, time, money etc ................ I know, that's not the folk I am talking about!

What sort of a football club is this where fans who wish its supporters would back it from the terraces in greater numbers get called 'uber fans' and 'divisive' ...... perhaps I'm following the wrong club.

People will find the time and get away from work early or find the money and go more regularly if the team were doing well and punching its weight or even better.

The drop off in crowds to where they are now has not happened overnight, its happened because of results over quite a length of time.
I doff my hat to EVERYONE who still goes all the time. :top marks

Like it or not, football is not a cheap day out now, and people are making decisions on price and value for money.

The reason folk are using the uber fan jibe is just a cheap shot back at the crawl out of the woodwork, or part timer, or day tripper insult.

There's the divide.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Would that have been our lowest crowd for quite some time then?

Hermit Crab
28-04-2016, 01:36 PM
Would that have been our lowest crowd for quite some time then?

HibbyAndy
28-04-2016, 01:58 PM
When are they play off dates ? And IF its Raith are we away 1st leg ?

Hermit Crab
28-04-2016, 02:05 PM
When are they play off dates ? And IF its Raith are we away 1st leg ?

Wednesday 4th may(Raith away). Saturday 7th may (Raith home)

HibbyAndy
28-04-2016, 02:14 PM

:aok:

Eyrie
28-04-2016, 03:04 PM

Hearts are also at home to Ross County on the 7th, so one of the two games would need to be moved to the Sunday. Ross County are then at home on Wednesday 11th and Hearts are away to Aberdeen the next evening. Both then play on Sunday 15th.

It would make sense to delay the Hearts game and keep the play off on the Saturday given that the next round is played Wednesday 11th and Saturday 14th.

However expect the pub team to complain loudly that their match was arranged first and with their usual lack of competence the SPFL will cave and move our game with Raith to the Sunday.

WeeRussell
29-04-2016, 11:53 AM

But:

Take yer best shot !

Support for a view that you have just admitted to sharing :confused:

And support that is only expressed in response to posters like yourself persisting in criticising others for not attending. Moreover, it is generally people who do attend (or couldn't due to one of the 'acceptable' reasons you have allowed) that debate with you, as opposed to the select few that you are actually "talking about".

I share your desire to see bigger crowds and better atmospheres at Easter Road, and genuinely admire your passion for the club. However, it is nobody's duty to pay money and watch football - every game is a choice.

Lago
29-04-2016, 12:02 PM

Why do you think you have a god given right to tell anyone when they should or shouldn't go & support hibs at ER, and in the same breath roundly condemn those who for whatever reason, can't or don't go, live & let live.:confused:

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2016, 12:11 PM
Why do you think you have a god given right to tell anyone when they should or shouldn't go & support hibs at ER, and in the same breath roundly condemn those who for whatever reason, can't or don't go, live & let live.:confused:

Read my post again please

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
29-04-2016, 12:21 PM

And support that is only expressed in response to posters like yourself persisting in criticising others for not attending. Moreover, it is generally people who do attend (or couldn't due to one of the 'acceptable' reasons you have allowed) that debate with you, as opposed to the select few that you are actually "talking about".

I share your desire to see bigger crowds and better atmospheres at Easter Road, and genuinely admire your passion for the club. However, it is nobody's duty to pay money and watch football - every game is a choice.

I know what you are saying, and you are correct, but i do think there is a caveat to this point.

It is nobody's duty, but there is a degree of obligation that goes along with being part of something, a club, a gym whatever. I try and look at my ST as something akin to membership fee of say a golf club - i pay it because i want to keep my club going (and god knows, wouldn't it be nice to help make it successful also) and i know that if everyone stopped, my club would suffer (possibly even disappear).

I have missed a few games this season, some through unavoidable necessity, others through the kind of necessity that if i was really motivated and excited, i could have got out of. I do understand why people aren't attending, because i have done it myself this season. But i do this safe in the knowledge that i am still contributing, what i see as an obligation to help (financially) support my club.

The pay off is obviously when we are successful, you feel very much like you are part of it and that you earned it. I think the annoyance comes from people who roll up to wallow in the success, who haven't (or who are perceived by others to have not) contributed to that success by keeping things going.

I got very annoyed on the bus home from the semi when people were texting others on my bus to ask them to sort them tickets, when the only game they had been to this season was the final.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2016, 12:28 PM

The point I am trying to make is that on a forum dedicated to folk who are supposed to be Hibs 'supporters' its at times more like a focus group for people to share their ideas of why not supporting the team is a good thing. No its not a duty to go to a football match, but on a fans forum you would expect to see more folk dedicated to the idea of going to the clubs matches.

With the number of games we have this month even I understood when folk came on saying folk would pick and choose the games they went to ... all I can say is that with 7,000 v Livvi .... 8,000 v Falkirk ... 8,000 v Sevco and 7,000 v Dumbarton they must all have chosen the Morton game .... I'm expecting 17,000 on Sunday.

pacoluna
29-04-2016, 12:51 PM
The point I am trying to make is that on a forum dedicated to folk who are supposed to be Hibs 'supporters' its at times more like a focus group for people to share their ideas of why not supporting the team is a good thing. No its not a duty to go to a football match, but on a fans forum you would expect to see more folk dedicated to the idea of going to the clubs matches.

With the number of games we have this month even I understood when folk came on saying folk would pick and choose the games they went to ... all I can say is that with 7,000 v Livvi .... 8,000 v Falkirk ... 8,000 v Sevco and 7,000 v Dumbarton they must all have chosen the Morton game .... I'm expecting 17,000 on Sunday.
No chance will there be 17,000 on Sun, as sad as it is i'm guessing there will be 9/10,000 at most, the fact its on a sunday won't help either not thats been an excuse for previous poor turn outs.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2016, 12:58 PM
No chance will there be 17,000 on Sun, as sad as it is i'm guessing there will be 9/10,000 at most, the fact its on a sunday won't help either not thats been an excuse for previous poor turn outs.

I was being sarcastic mate

pacoluna
29-04-2016, 01:03 PM
I was being sarcastic mate

there will be more than usual though giving the confirmation if you buy a ticket u get in the second batch for the final

Smartie
29-04-2016, 01:05 PM
There won't be that many in attendance on Sunday but I'd be astonished if we didn't get a home crowd of 17,000+ between now and the end of the season.

Lago
29-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Read my post again please
Have read it many times before posting and still of the opinion that you feel that everyone should be as good a fan as you seem to think you are, irrespective of their personal circumstances. Sorry lifes not like that.

superfurryhibby
29-04-2016, 07:53 PM

Dinnae get yer knicks in a fist!

Ironically, I was replying to a post which was saying you've no excuse and no right to an opinion on the forum if you don't go to games:aok:

Bottom line, I agree that it would be much better if we had a bigger support, fact is we have always had average crowds in the region of where they are now, for decades! The exceptions are the rare seasons when we've performed with some style and that's no been that often in the past 40 years. I suspect that even Turnbull's team would have struggled to pull in a crowd much better Than we got in the midweek fixture this week.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Have read it many times before posting and still of the opinion that you feel that everyone should be as good a fan as you seem to think you are, irrespective of their personal circumstances. Sorry lifes not like that.

Well your opinion is wrong, if you have read my posts you are clearly choosing to ignore the fact that I have acknowledge there are many circumstances that mean folk simply cant go to games.

Your "as good a fan as you" comment goes to the heart of this. Its like the 'uber fan' argument ........ not so many years ago an uber fan was someone who never missed a game home or away and perhaps even followed the club abroad. Now if you suggest going to see them in all the home games you get called an uber fan.

I know exactly what 'life is like' by the way ..... I'll match up my hard road to anybody's

GreenLake
30-04-2016, 02:02 PM
Well your opinion is wrong, if you have read my posts you are clearly choosing to ignore the fact that I have acknowledge there are many circumstances that mean folk simply cant go to games.

Your "as good a fan as you" comment goes to the heart of this. Its like the 'uber fan' argument ........ not so many years ago an uber fan was someone who never missed a game home or away and perhaps even followed the club abroad. Now if you suggest going to see them in all the home games you get called an uber fan.

I know exactly what 'life is like' by the way ..... I'll match up my hard road to anybody's

Nah, you have to watch the development team too.

NAE NOOKIE
30-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Nah, you have to watch the development team too.

:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-04-2016, 03:46 PM

How about a loyalty scheme? Oh, wait a minute...

blackpoolhibs
30-04-2016, 03:55 PM
How about a loyalty scheme? Oh, wait a minute...

That sounds good, how would that work? :greengrin

ehf
01-05-2016, 10:17 AM
See Aberdeen only got just over 10,000 for their game yesterday; which demonstrates that, unless there really is something at stake, it is pretty much only the hardcore fans that attend.

Lago
01-05-2016, 10:35 AM
See Aberdeen only got just over 10,000 for their game yesterday; which demonstrates that, unless there really is something at stake, it is pretty much only the hardcore fans that attend.
Exactly, Partick with 2600, attendance at the so called top level of Scottish football is appalling so why should we expected better for a Tues night game when its baltic weather.