PDA

View Full Version : Falkirk - we're coming for you!

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Taken a huge chunk out of their goal difference advantage, we need to start the same way next time around and really put pressure on them.

All we can do now is go on to win and win well - bring it on!

Onion
26-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Taken a huge chunk out of their goal difference advantage, we need to start the same way next time around and really put pressure on them.

All we can do now is go on to win and win well - bring it on!

Just have to hope that all the bad luck we've had this season evens itself out on Sunday. Couple of early deflected goals, dodgy handball pens, ball off the line given as a goal and Stokes / Cummings catch fire.

Andy74
26-04-2016, 09:37 PM
I don't think we are scoring four again, hopefully wrong, so more hope that Falkirk don't win I think. Not that unlikely.

IberianHibernian
26-04-2016, 09:37 PM
After 2 early goals Falkirk might have been a bit worried but they`ll be happy that it finished 4 v 0 . Think we needed at least 2 more tonight but if we can score a couple early on on Sunday it could be interesting .

Ronster117
26-04-2016, 09:49 PM
I predict they will drop points, they will draw in last minute,Hibs win .... Houston fit to be tied...
carlsberg weekend

:flag:

Pretty Boy
26-04-2016, 09:50 PM
It would be most amusing if Falkirk totally choke and bottle it on Sunday by dropping points.

I can see it happening tbh. We need to score a couple early again to pile the pressure on imo.

monktonharp
26-04-2016, 09:54 PM
I too predict a draw at Falkirk. we will score a few and steamroller the Queens. should have been 7 tonight. not quite sure why he did not shove Cummings on for more. their goalie made at least 2 fantastic saves in the 2nd half.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Falkirk have carried some ridiculous luck recently. Hopefully it runs out on Sunday [emoji109]

monktonharp
26-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Falkirk have carried some ridiculous luck recently. Hopefully it runs out on Sunday [emoji109]:agree: glad that Nade ate your lunch today btw. he looked stodgy when he came on

HibsNutter
26-04-2016, 10:56 PM
We've given ourselves a chance at least, Falkirk are under pressure as they know even a one goal win might not be enough if we play like we did tonight. Full throttle from start to finish and I see no reason why we can't score 4 or even more.

My_Wife_Camille
26-04-2016, 11:36 PM
Had a look at Falkirks recent results and they don't look great either. They've conceded 2 goals in each of their last 6 games but they've scored 6 goals in the 87th minute or later in that time so while they're chucking them in at one end, they seem to be good for a goal at the other.

However, 5 wins in their last 15 games isn't great for them and it looks like those late goals have saved them a bit. They're nothing special and I won't be at all surprised if they drop points on sunday

Hi Heid Yin
26-04-2016, 11:43 PM
Had a look at Falkirks recent results and they don't look great either. They've conceded 2 goals in each of their last 6 games but they've scored 6 goals in the 87th minute or later in that time so while they're chucking them in at one end, they seem to be good for a goal at the other.

However, 5 wins in their last 15 games isn't great for them and it looks like those late goals have saved them a bit. They're nothing special and I won't be at all surprised if they drop points on sunday

Falkirk will be thinking and saying the same about us, that we're nothing special. Over the season little has separated us in terms of points and performances, but I do like the fact that Falkirk have tried their level best and failed to beat us at all this season. we at least managed to beat them once. This, hopefully, will be playing on their minds should we meet in the play offs.

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2016, 12:41 AM
Falkirk will be thinking and saying the same about us, that we're nothing special. Over the season little has separated us in terms of points and performances, but I do like the fact that Falkirk have tried their level best and failed to beat us at all this season. we at least managed to beat them once. This, hopefully, will be playing on their minds should we meet in the play offs.2 cup finals is pretty special, we're a good side in poor form.

rcarter1
27-04-2016, 07:30 AM
We have the bit between our teeth, Stokes is beginning to show his true qualities, and if we get a few goals on the board by half time on Sunday then Falkirk will be sweating. Lots of Cup Finals coming up for us..:thumbsup:

Sammy7nil
27-04-2016, 07:42 AM

That stat makes us possibly finishing third in this league disgraceful second place should have been sealed about 4 weeks ago.

flash
27-04-2016, 08:03 AM
That stat makes us possibly finishing third in this league disgraceful second place should have been sealed about 4 weeks ago.

Yeah we know.

Mikey09
27-04-2016, 08:45 AM
I hear Houston was having his usual pathetic dig at someone before last nights game. This time it was Dumbarton manager Stephen Aitken asking if there attitude was right before playing Hibs. What a disrespectful prick he is.

Eyrie
27-04-2016, 10:45 AM
I hear Houston was having his usual pathetic dig at someone before last nights game. This time it was Dumbarton manager Stephen Aitken asking if there attitude was right before playing Hibs. What a disrespectful prick he is.

I wonder if Houston will make the same comment about Morton's attitude before Sunday? After all they can't make the playoffs and are safe from relegation, so have nothing to play for and should simply roll over for Falkirk.

SJM
27-04-2016, 10:58 AM
2 cup finals is pretty special, we're a good side in poor form.

Any idea how long form goes on for?

JimBHibees
27-04-2016, 10:58 AM
I wonder if Houston will make the same comment about Morton's attitude before Sunday? After all they can't make the playoffs and are safe from relegation, so have nothing to play for and should simply roll over for Falkirk.

Houston really does fancy himself as a Fergie mind game guru. Quite surprised he hasnt been pulled up for some of his comments, the one about John McGinn diving was a shocker and should definitely have resulted in some form of action from the authorities. The style of football his team produced in the last game at ER was shocking to be honest and really hope we do them for 2nd and then they get pumped out by Raith.

WeeRussell
27-04-2016, 11:01 AM

Aitken made reference to "comments" in his post-match interview. Not surprised to hear it was that roaster who was responsible for them.

CallumLaidlaw
27-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Houston really does fancy himself as a Fergie mind game guru. Quite surprised he hasnt been pulled up for some of his comments, the one about John McGinn diving was a shocker and should definitely have resulted in some form of action from the authorities. The style of football his team produced in the last game at ER was shocking to be honest and really hope we do them for 2nd and then they get pumped out by Raith.

He made one just as bad in the last game in my opinion about David Gray trying to get his player booked for "ripping his sock". That'll be why Gray had to eventually go off injured because of said tackle.
He really is a grade A plum, but BBC Scotland seem to think he's sucj a funny cheeky chappie.
It would be funny if we finished 2nd and they got beat off Raith. It would make his manager of the year nomination look a bit daft.

JimBHibees
27-04-2016, 11:08 AM
He made one just as bad in the last game in my opinion about David Gray trying to get his player booked for "ripping his sock". That'll be why Gray had to eventually go off injured because of said tackle.
He really is a grade A plum, but BBC Scotland seem to think he's sucj a funny cheeky chappie.
It would be funny if we finished 2nd and they got beat off Raith. It would make his manager of the year nomination look a bit daft.

Yep got in the car and Richard Gordon seemed delighted about the result and the great spirit shown by Falkirk on the night, a more accurate description would have been 'being allowed to get away with blatant fouls and kicking folk'. Taiwo should have walked as should Miller and the guy who was sent off. Never want to see Crawford Allan ref another Hibs game.

Mikey09
27-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Aitken made reference to "comments" in his post-match interview. Not surprised to hear it was that roaster who was responsible for them.

What did Aitken say? Houston really is a desperate prick eh!! He's like all the other ex jambo brigade with his attitude. Got a story about him, Locke, Jeffries, Brown, pressley at a referees meeting but not got time to type it the now.

Lancs Harp
27-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Like Aitken has to defend himself and his team against Houston.

Sorry how many times have Dumbarton beaten us this season? And Falkirk, how many times have they beaten us? Aitken could argue that if it wasn't for his Dumbarton team Falkirk wouldt be second.*

* I know football isn't that simplistic

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Any idea how long form goes on for?It ended last night.

Iggy Pope
27-04-2016, 03:41 PM

Hopefully the current incentive of staying above St Mirren will be incentive enough for Morton to kick them off the park, dive for penalties and rip socks left, right and centre in a pulverising 4-0 win.

Sir David Gray
27-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Peter Houston is a dick.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-04-2016, 07:13 PM
:agree: glad that Nade ate your lunch today btw. he looked stodgy when he came on

I've been his feeder for approx 7 years now. It's cost me an utter fortune but it's now finally paying off

WeeRussell
27-04-2016, 07:43 PM
What did Aitken say? Houston really is a desperate prick eh!! He's like all the other ex jambo brigade with his attitude. Got a story about him, Locke, Jeffries, Brown, pressley at a referees meeting but not got time to type it the now.

I forget his exact words, mate. Wasn't anything controversial but did make reference - something along the lines of he certainly couldn't question the attitude of his players and they were entitled to be tired after putting everything in it to secure their position at the weekend. "other managers" had made comments about their attitude but it was spot-on.

As I say, I'm not surprised to hear that "other managers" meant Houston!

Mikey09
27-04-2016, 08:35 PM
I forget his exact words, mate. Wasn't anything controversial but did make reference - something along the lines of he certainly couldn't question the attitude of his players and they were entitled to be tired after putting everything in it to secure their position at the weekend. "other managers" had made comments about their attitude but it was spot-on.

As I say, I'm not surprised to hear that "other managers" meant Houston!

The man is a knob.

Killiehibbie
28-04-2016, 07:29 AM
What happens if we end with identical goals for and against as Falkirk?

Funkydunc
28-04-2016, 07:35 AM
Head to head record. We will be 2nd.

SJM
28-04-2016, 07:37 AM
It ended last night.

Let's hope you are right.

JimBHibees
28-04-2016, 08:45 AM

Would be interested to hear your story.

28-04-2016, 09:46 AM
We need to score a couple early again to pile the pressure on imo.

This. Absolutely vital that we get early goals. If the news filters through to Falkirk that we have scored 1 or 2 early it will hopefully frighten them a bit and like you say pile on the pressure.

Big L
28-04-2016, 03:53 PM
If it ends in a tie, ie us winning 4- 0 them winning 1-0 then we go thru, due to the results on the head to head. That would be just f------ great! !!

28-04-2016, 04:01 PM
If it ends in a tie, ie us winning 4- 0 them winning 1-0 then we go thru, due to the results on the head to head. That would be just f------ great! !!

Can you imagine the seethe and bitterness from that fat hearts ******* Houston :greengrin

Eyrie
28-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Can you imagine the seethe and bitterness from that fat hearts ******* Houston :greengrin

Would anyone notice the difference from his normal behaviour?

Craig_in_Prague
29-04-2016, 12:37 PM
took a peak at their results v Morton this season.

2x wins 1-0 (1 at home & 1 away), 1x 1-1 draw (away).

So, clearly not a lot between them on their 3 games, with Falkirk shading them.
All in all, a 1-0 home win might be likely, however Morton are good on their day (as we know) - So I hope they'll do as a favour as I can't see us smashing 4 or 5 past QoS without reply.

Waxy
29-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Well Morton gave us our worst home result of the season. Can't see how Falkirk can be confident against them.

Unseen work
29-04-2016, 10:11 PM
The thread title of this is embarrassing and a massive reality check to where we are as a club right now.

We should never Be chasing falkirk.

Edit. The situation is embarrassing, not the person who made the threat title for clarification haha

Onion
30-04-2016, 12:43 AM
The thread title of this is embarrassing and a massive reality check to where we are as a club right now.

We should never Be chasing falkirk.

Edit. The situation is embarrassing, not the person who made the threat title for clarification haha

:agree: If ever we needed a reality check, it's the title to this thread. I've no issue with Stubbs and Hibs playing mind games with Falkirk, as long as you can back it up - and some. Previous attempts with Warburton proved embarrassing as Hibs collapsed and left Stubbs looking an idiot. Until we can walk the talk, I wished Hibs would shut the crap up, show the respect that Falkirk deserve this season, and crush them where it matters - on the park.

GreenLake
01-05-2016, 03:44 AM
Is it against SPFL rules to invite the winning goal scorer from QotS to borrow your car and go on a trip to Vegas with Jolene and Roxanne?

Pete
01-05-2016, 04:36 AM
:agree: If ever we needed a reality check, it's the title to this thread. I've no issue with Stubbs and Hibs playing mind games with Falkirk, as long as you can back it up - and some. Previous attempts with Warburton proved embarrassing as Hibs collapsed and left Stubbs looking an idiot. Until we can walk the talk, I wished Hibs would shut the crap up, show the respect that Falkirk deserve this season, and crush them where it matters - on the park.

What a load of waffle. These "mind games" are the product of the Glaswegian press who can't wait to paint Stubbs as a village idiot and Hibs as a bunch of loud mouths.

If you're taken in by this pantomime and embarrassed as a result then that's your problem.

Have a bit of respect for your own club before thinking about respect for others.

Libby Hibby
01-05-2016, 05:03 AM
What a load of waffle. These "mind games" are the product of the Glaswegian press who can't wait to paint Stubbs as a village idiot and Hibs as a bunch of loud mouths.

If you're taken in by this pantomime and embarrassed as a result then that's your problem.

Have a bit of respect for your own club before thinking about respect for others.

Well said Pete.

Springbank
01-05-2016, 07:17 AM
Falkirk

We're

Coming

For

You

Get in 2 or 3 up at halftime and let's see where bottle really lies...

Springbank
01-05-2016, 07:18 AM
Today is a 45 minute game

Forget saving energy for the second half, give everything in the first half blitz, demoralise the qots team, get a few goals,/ ahead & demoralise Falkirk when they hear the ht scores

It's on