PDA

View Full Version : Keatings

Scooter
26-04-2016, 08:53 PM
I've said previously that our best partnership is Keatings and Stokes. Keatings is a better striker than Cummings no where near Cummings goals but as an all round striker Keatings is better brings more to the team. Keatings last start as a striker was the alloa game at home when we one 3-0 and then tonight

Iceman1875
26-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Can we not find a way to play all three?

At Easter Road we play...

Diclonius
26-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Great performance from Keatings tonight. Might even keep his place Sunday.

Tyler Durden
26-04-2016, 09:07 PM
I've said previously that our best partnership is Keatings and Stokes. Keatings is a better striker than Cummings no where near Cummings goals but as an all round striker Keatings is better brings more to the team. Keatings last start as a striker was the alloa game at home when we one 3-0 and then tonight

Good that Keatings has produced a good performance but it's ridiculous to suggest he brings more to the team than Cummings who scores every 2nd game at worst.

Cummings does plenty aside from scoring too.

I am glad that Keatings is hopefully growing in confidence for the play offs. But he's been a big disappointment overall, wherever he's played

OsloHibs
26-04-2016, 09:28 PM
I didn't think he got the 3rd goal, I thought it was an og.

Brightside
26-04-2016, 09:28 PM

Many on here were saying he was hopeless and does nothing. He's a quality striker...just not a diamond midfielder...stubbs has spent a lot of time trying to fit him into the team in the wrong position. Him and Stokes works better than Strokes and JC.....id have like JC to come on with 10 to go - replace Boyle and play with 3 up.

givescotlandfreedom
26-04-2016, 09:30 PM
I didn't think he got the 3rd goal, I thought it was an og.

Without a doubt. It was Dumbarton's number 7. The announcer gave it to keatings whilst the boy's teammates were giving him a pat on the back and a bit of encouragement.

Giro Playboy
26-04-2016, 09:31 PM

Aye mostly just flicking his hair, pulling his socks up and moaning at his team mates

Smartie
26-04-2016, 09:34 PM
Keatings is a good player when played in the right position.

I thought Cummings had his best game of the season against Rangers.

Stokes is looking sharper all the time.

It would be good to go into the playoffs with all 3 in good form.

I don't think we can play all 3 at the same time though and get anything like the best out of them so Stubbs has some decisions to make.

It would be good to think we can rotate the 3 of them throughout the playoffs and cup final and still put a strong team out.

emerald green
26-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Aye mostly just flicking his hair, pulling his socks up and moaning at his team mates

Is it because he scores goals against Hearts and Rangers that you don't like Jason Cummings? Again.:hmmm:

ronaldo7
26-04-2016, 09:37 PM
He had great movement tonight which we've missed for the last couple of games. It gives stubbs a good headache for the upcoming games.

Well done Keats.

RyeSloan
26-04-2016, 09:38 PM

Well you must never see him play then as he never pulls his socks up!

Jonnyboy
26-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Without a doubt. It was Dumbarton's number 7. The announcer gave it to keatings whilst the boy's teammates were giving him a pat on the back and a bit of encouragement.

Apparently the referee has awarded the goal to JK, so hat-trick it is then :greengrin

I thought Keatings had a really good game. His movement off the ball is first class and he works his socks off too.

Andy74
26-04-2016, 09:44 PM
Apparently the referee has awarded the goal to JK, so hat-trick it is then :greengrin

I thought Keatings had a really good game. His movement off the ball is first class and he works his socks off too.

Keatings spent a fair bit of time persuading the ref it hit him. Fair play.

Billy Whizz
26-04-2016, 09:45 PM

We've tried this too often

500miles
26-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Keatings should keep his place. Cummings gets the last half hour running at knackered defenders. Could open up big gaps.

SonOfTortolano
26-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Just looking at The Scotsman online and it says Hibs 4 Livingston 0

WTF?

stantonhibby
26-04-2016, 10:07 PM

Really? Looked a stick on og to me!

Heisenberg
26-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Aye the ref has given it to Keatings. Thought it was a nailed on OG at the game too. Pleased for him right enough. Played well tonight.

Jonnyboy
26-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Really? Looked a stick on og to me!

According to Luke Shanley on Sky Sports, yes (Keatings, not an o.g.) :greengrin

I believe James left the stadium with the ball anyway :wink:

stantonhibby
26-04-2016, 10:09 PM
According to Luke Shanley on Sky Sports, yes (Keatings, not an o.g.) :greengrin

I believe James left the stadium with the ball anyway :wink:

Fair do's.....good for James!

Waxy
26-04-2016, 10:12 PM

To be fair, he's rammed the ball in your net a few times.

Eyrie
26-04-2016, 10:13 PM
From the way their player reacted it looked an own goal.

I'm sure he won't mind Keatings claiming it took a deflection though.

J-C
26-04-2016, 10:49 PM
Good that Keatings has produced a good performance but it's ridiculous to suggest he brings more to the team than Cummings who scores every 2nd game at worst.

I am glad that Keatings is hopefully growing in confidence for the play offs. But he's been a big disappointment overall, wherever he's played

As good a striker Cummings is he still has a lot to learn and develop in his game, Keatings all round game probably suits Stokes more and they do seem to play better when together.

Hi Heid Yin
26-04-2016, 11:48 PM
Keatings and Stokes works well.
Stokes and Cummings not as well.
Keatings and Cummings, the jury is out.

matty_f
27-04-2016, 02:07 AM
Thought the boy booted it off Keatings for the third, watched it a few times and I'm still not sure. Give Keatings the benefit of the doubt though. Hat-trick it is!

I'm_cabbaged
27-04-2016, 05:51 AM

Is there anything confirming this? I had him for next goal but it's been settled as an og 🙄

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
27-04-2016, 07:13 AM

Come on, he does nothing but score goals.

Interesting thst our two most comprehensive wins this season havent included him.

But can you drop your top scorer?

Giro Playboy
27-04-2016, 07:55 AM
Is it because he scores goals against Hearts and Rangers that you don't like Jason Cummings? Again.:hmmm: Thats the only time i do rate him

Giro Playboy
27-04-2016, 07:57 AM
To be fair, he's rammed the ball in your net a few times. I cant remember him ever scoring an own goal

J-C
27-04-2016, 08:01 AM
I cant remember him ever scoring an own goal

I don't think he scored an own goal when he played for your real team Hearts.

Giro Playboy
27-04-2016, 08:03 AM
I don't think he scored an own goal when he played for your real team Hearts. Not sure if he scored an own goal for Hearts or not. Your the biggest Hearts fan on here. You tell me

J-C
27-04-2016, 08:06 AM
Not sure if he scored an own goal for Hearts or not. Your the biggest Hearts fan on here. You tell me

:confused: :faf:

JimBHibees
27-04-2016, 08:07 AM
Thought the boy booted it off Keatings for the third, watched it a few times and I'm still not sure. Give Keatings the benefit of the doubt though. Hat-trick it is!

I sit in FF upper and it did look like it may have deflected off Keats for the goal. Good for him first goal was an amazing finish.

Allant1981
27-04-2016, 08:10 AM
Im sure it said on sky sports last night the ref had given him the goal, sure he said on twitter he had the 3 as well

Salt N Sauzee
27-04-2016, 08:13 AM
I cant remember him ever scoring an own goal

Why haven't the admins launched this blatant troll yet?

pacoluna
27-04-2016, 08:20 AM
I sit in FF upper and it did look like it may have deflected off Keats for the goal. Good for him first goal was an amazing finish.
I sit in the FF Upper and thought the opposite.

SeanWilson
27-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Well you must never see him play then as he never pulls his socks up!

ha! i thought exactly the same... looks like he wears trainer socks most of the time!:greengrin

JimBHibees
27-04-2016, 08:34 AM
I sit in the FF Upper and thought the opposite.

Yeah but I was facing the pitch at the time. :greengrin

SidVicious
27-04-2016, 08:40 AM
Maybe if he gets a run in the first team he could become a frequent goalscorer. I like him and Stokes together but Stokesy might not be here next year.

pacoluna
27-04-2016, 08:42 AM
Yeah but I was facing the pitch at the time. :greengrin
my back was probably turned shaking my head at the clowns that sit just behind me on the far east section of the ff upper just above the tier, youngish boy with specs does F all but shout a lot of crap, he must get a killer throat by the end of the week.

Alan Orman
27-04-2016, 08:55 AM
my back was probably turned shaking my head at the clowns that sit just behind me on the far east section of the ff upper just above the tier, youngish boy with specs does F all but shout a lot of crap, he must get a killer throat by the end of the week.

I had an st for the main stand near the centre away dugout. Had to move seats. A woman screams every few seconds there.

Now further in towards the old north stand. It was brutal. No disrespect to the woman as she is obviously a loyal hibbie but my anxiety levels just couldnt take any more so moved.

Great result last night.

eastmainsmsh
27-04-2016, 09:13 AM

4 3 1 2 with Cummings behind stokes and keatings

J-C
27-04-2016, 09:18 AM

Dear god no, Cummings doesn't have the footballing brain to sit behind the other 2, I'd have a front 3 of Stokes, Cummings and Keatings with Cummings in the middle, or even have Boyle on the right of the 3.

Smartie
27-04-2016, 09:24 AM
I also think that Keatings deserves credit for his delivery from the corner for our third goal.

It was a brilliant, whipped ball and really tough to defend against.

The downside of his good performance last night is that Stubbs might again want to somehow squeeze Keatings, Cummings and Stokes into the same team. It's been tried before and it does not work.

He needs to accept that there is a good player being left on the bench for the good of the team, that player needs to accept it too.

SidVicious
27-04-2016, 09:28 AM
Dear god no, Cummings doesn't have the footballing brain to sit behind the other 2, I'd have a front 3 of Stokes, Cummings and Keatings with Cummings in the middle, or even have Boyle on the right of the 3.

Agree with that as Cummings has the pace and nose for positional goalscoring. Stokesy and Keatings are both players who can hold the ball up and score. Boyle is a flying machine who can also score goals.

:agree:

snooky
27-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Just looking at The Scotsman online and it says Hibs 4 Livingston 0

WTF?

Deliberate journo typo to distract readers from the other Livvie result methinks.

Big_Franck
27-04-2016, 09:43 AM
Keatings played well last night and deserved his goals. It was long overdue though as bar Inverness at home he has contributed nothing in months.

It's good now that Stubbs has options up front. We've seen again that the Stokes and Keatings partnership for whatever reason works really well.

Alex Trager
27-04-2016, 09:55 AM

Did Boyle play well last night?
Seemed very quiet on his front.

I reckon a front three with JC in the middle and stokes and Keatings either side would be good.
Don't think we have played that yet

Fergus52
27-04-2016, 09:57 AM
Keatings and Stokes works well.
Stokes and Cummings not as well.
Keatings and Cummings, the jury is out.

Definitely our worst partnership up top.

We can never hold the ball up when they play together cause they both get physically bullied by most centrebacks and neither has a good enough first touch to compensate.

Fergus52
27-04-2016, 09:58 AM
Keatings had a great game last night, hopefully he's hitting some form for the play-offs.

In general he is far too inconsistent though. If we get promoted I wouldn't keep him.

J-C
27-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Did Boyle play well last night?
Seemed very quiet on his front.

I reckon a front three with JC in the middle and stokes and Keatings either side would be good.
Don't think we have played that yet

Don't know as I was unable to go due to work, listened on the radio and he seemed to put a decent shift in, it doesn't sound like anyone had a bad game.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
27-04-2016, 10:18 AM

You must be joking? Cummings could not play that position. Cummings is best when he doesnt have to think about things

Eyrie
27-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Keatings had a great game last night, hopefully he's hitting some form for the play-offs.

In general he is far too inconsistent though. If we get promoted I wouldn't keep him.
At the end of this season Stokes' loan will finish whilst both El Alagui and Dagnall will be out of contract. The former has too many injuries and the latter has shown nothing so neither will get a new deal.

That leaves us with Cummings (assuming no realistic bids) and Keatings as our only senior strikers. Insall is proven only at a much lower level and both Shaw and Allan are very young. We'll need to sign a couple of forwards but I'd be surprised if Keatings leaves given that he is under contract for another year.

SJM
27-04-2016, 11:00 AM
At the end of this season Stokes' loan will finish whilst both El Alagui and Dagnall will be out of contract. The former has too many injuries and the latter has shown nothing so neither will get a new deal.

That leaves us with Cummings (assuming no realistic bids) and Keatings as our only senior strikers. Insall is proven only at a much lower level and both Shaw and Allan are very young. We'll need to sign a couple of forwards but I'd be surprised if Keatings leaves given that he is under contract for another year.

Keattings could end up our main man next season.

Bobby's Cinema
27-04-2016, 11:02 AM
Clearly has some ability and a decent option. People throwing him in the same camp as Dagnall need to think again

Billy Whizz
27-04-2016, 11:03 AM
Thought he looked really sharp last night. A fit and goal scoring Keatings is a great thing going into the play offs and the Final. Gives the manager a headache with Cummings

Fergus52
27-04-2016, 11:46 AM

Yeah thats fair enough, it probably makes sense to keep him when you look at the lack of strikers we'll have.

However there's been many games this season where he's looked completely lost, with poor movement and a poor touch. He was played out of position a few times but hes had bad games when played up front as welll.

When on form he can be excellent as shown with his two hat tricks, but if he can't cut it when out of form in this league then he'll do even worse if we get promoted. It's not as if he was just not scoring, his performances have been detrimental to the whole team at times this season when he's lost the ball almost every time it came to him.

500miles
27-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Cummings scores a goal every 152 minutes, Keatings scores one every 161, often playing in midfield or from the bench. Keatings has 5 assists to Cummings 4.

Make of that what you will.

bigwheel
27-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Cummings scores a goal every 152 minutes, Keatings scores one every 161, often playing in midfield or from the bench.

Make of that what you will.

as you are aggregating by the minute - the "from the bench" point isn't particularly valid.... the midfield point is though.

Keating is an interesting one. Has looked very poor in recent matches, yet Stubbs kept giving him game time - must rate him...

He will have really benefited from notching a few last night...claiming the third is a bit rich though :-)

Diclonius
27-04-2016, 12:00 PM
I think you have to take a look at Keatings' record in big games. Granted, he hasn't had much game time but he hasn't scored any in games against Rangers/Hearts/Falkirk or semi finals/finals this season, while you can pretty much guarantee Cummings will get one.

There's also the great example of Keatings firing wide in the last minute in the cup derby after getting a free shot at goal with Alexander stranded.

Brightside
27-04-2016, 12:02 PM
I think you have to take a look at Keatings' record in big games. Granted, he hasn't had much game time but he hasn't scored any in games against Rangers/Hearts/Falkirk or semi finals/finals this season, while you can pretty much guarantee Cummings will get one.

There's also the great example of Keatings firing wide in the last minute in the cup derby after getting a free shot at goal with Alexander stranded.

He has hardly ever played as a striker alongside Stokes though, i also think he plays better in the 352 system as he makes runs for the extra midfielder

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-04-2016, 12:03 PM
Is there anything confirming this? I had him for next goal but it's been settled as an og 🙄

What bookie was that with? I backed Stokes for the 3rd but, not been back to the shop yet.

Seveno
27-04-2016, 12:04 PM
As well as his goals (2 or 3), I thought that Keatings had a great game last night. His link up play and one touches made us look the team we were in the first half of the season. Definitely worth a start on Sunday.

number9dream
27-04-2016, 12:11 PM
It didn't work in the blizzard at Livi but is it time to try Stokes in behind Cummings & Keatings?
3-4-1-2 against Queens...

eastmainsmsh
27-04-2016, 12:14 PM
You must be joking? Cummings could not play that position. Cummings is best when he doesnt have to think about things

He links up the play very well drops deep etc I'd like to see the three up top

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-04-2016, 12:33 PM
What bookie was that with? I backed Stokes for the 3rd but, not been back to the shop yet.

Just off the phone to Scotbet, they settled the 3rd as an OG so, I'll get paid out on Stokes.

The_Sauz
27-04-2016, 01:30 PM
Just off the phone to Scotbet, they settled the 3rd as an OG so, I'll get paid out on Stokes.
If you look at the highlights. you can see the Dumbarton player trying to clear it, only for the ball to hit Keatings foot, and loop over the keeper :agree:

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Just watched the game, and i thought Keatings was pretty anonymous for most if not all the 2nd half, but did take his goals well. Last night was a match we really could have won by 7 or 8, and it was much better than Saturday.

I wish we'd play our games at that tempo all the time.