PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Fyvie and John Mcginn

Unseen work
26-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Yet again Fraser Fyvie was fantastic and completely bossed the midfield. I would love to see his stats on how many times he touches the ball.

Not only that but he dictates where it goes by constantly shouting and pointing at people where to play it.

He makes short sharp sprints into areas to get the ball.

Fantastic all round performance from him.

On a side note what has happened to Mcginn? He looks quiet and timid. Doesn't go commanding the ball and when he gets it it's a 5 yard pass he plays. I actually forgot he was playing for the majority of the game.

For me he shouldn't be starting next couple of games as currently Fyvie, bartley and Henderson are performing better.

Andy74
26-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Fyvie has been great since coming back.

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 08:49 PM

Fyvie's return has come just at the right time. If Dylan is back for the play offs and cup final then that's even better :thumbsup:

patlowe
26-04-2016, 10:44 PM
Fyvie was man of the match by a mile tonight - ran the game from start to finish.

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Fyvie is our best midfielder right now.

stantonhibby
26-04-2016, 10:47 PM

Agree....you can see how he has been missed as he is on the ball so much

J-C
26-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Fyvie when given the freedom can boss the midfield, just make sure not to stifle him as a defensive midfielder, he needs to be able to roam and create, a very busy player when fit and an engine that's needed, just a pity we've not had the chance to have him and McGeouch on the pitch together too much this season.

Fergos
26-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Fyvie been getting better with fitness now since coming back at Alloa, was excellent tonight and against the newest ranger incorporated. Wished he have a crack at goal more though, he gets into great positions for a shot

GGTTH

matty_f
26-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Fyvie is a cracking player. Played very well this evening.

Brightside
26-04-2016, 11:29 PM
mcGinn looks drained. Offered very little in the 2nd half.. Fyvie was very good in the holding role....

Hi Heid Yin
26-04-2016, 11:36 PM
Yet again Fraser Fyvie was fantastic and completely bossed the midfield. I would love to see his stats on how many times he touches the ball.

Not only that but he dictates where it goes by constantly shouting and pointing at people where to play it.

He makes short sharp sprints into areas to get the ball.

Fantastic all round performance from him.

On a side note what has happened to Mcginn? He looks quiet and timid. Doesn't go commanding the ball and when he gets it it's a 5 yard pass he plays. I actually forgot he was playing for the majority of the game.

For me he shouldn't be starting next couple of games as currently Fyvie, bartley and Henderson are performing better.

I agree with highlighted points. Fyvie was indeed brilliant and McGinn just looks burnt out and in need of a rest.

Smartie
26-04-2016, 11:45 PM
I agree that Fyvie was superb but whilst McGinn was quiet-ish I don't think he was bad at all and not in any way deserving of criticism.

He's shown a lot for us this season, is one of our most important players and should always be a first pick.

Having a good few days between now and our next game on Sunday will help him.

NAE NOOKIE
26-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Fyvie ran the show tonight and that follows up a really good performance against Sevco ...... McGinn wasn't bad, but you can see he has lost a bit of his sparkle from earlier in the season, the guy looks a bit burnt out to be honest, but no wonder, he has played in every game ... but his attitude is still great.

GlasgowHibee
27-04-2016, 12:11 AM
McGinn not been great for a good few weeks now after an explosive start to the season, kind of understandable.

Agree with all the praise for Fyvie, he makes us tick and is a great wee player.

KWJ
27-04-2016, 02:50 AM
Fyvie played really well today for sure.

seanshow
27-04-2016, 06:33 AM
He was very good again and played with great determination,
as Stubbs has said regarding JM he's had a back injury for a few weeks, you can tell his performance is hampered.......but which of these vital games do you rest him for though

SeanWilson
27-04-2016, 07:44 AM
wee McGinn looks like he's running on memoy in the 2nd half for a few weeks now. Think he deserves a wee rest but should prob start on sunday lol.

J-C
27-04-2016, 08:05 AM
He was very good again and played with great determination,
as Stubbs has said regarding JM he's had a back injury for a few weeks, you can tell his performance is hampered.......but which of these vital games do you rest him for though

wee McGinn looks like he's running on memoy in the 2nd half for a few weeks now. Think he deserves a wee rest but should prob start on sunday lol.

Surely then when 3 up with 15 mins to go was an opportunity to take off McGinn, not to make one sub is poor squad management by Stubbs considering we have a hectic schedule coming up.

Big_Franck
27-04-2016, 08:09 AM
Fyvie was my man of the match last night. We missed him so much when he was out.

As much as I love McGinn a lot of his performances in 2016 haven't been that great. He's been a lot quieter in most games than he was in the first half of the season and that's no doubt down to tiredness.

For me Henderson was average again though. I always think he looks like he is about to do something but very rarely does. His final ball is poor most of the time and he wastes a lot of good opportunities. He has a great first touch and is very neat and tidy but he doesn't score, or even threaten to score, anywhere near enough for an attacking midfielder. I like him but for me he epitomises the problem with our midfield.

If Dylan was fit i'd be going in to the play-offs with a midfield three of Fyvie, Bartley and McGeough.

hibsmad
27-04-2016, 08:13 AM
Fyvie played really well.

I'm convinced that the only problem with McGinn is he is just worn out. I actually thought that for the first ten minutes yesterday he looked back to his old self, but then he seemed to gradually tail off. The guy really needs a break and I'd leave him out on Sunday.

Allant1981
27-04-2016, 08:15 AM
Fyvie is a cracking player, was a big miss for us when he was injured. Will be an important player in the next month or so, heres hoping he keeps free of injury

SeanWilson
27-04-2016, 08:25 AM
Surely then when 3 up with 15 mins to go was an opportunity to take off McGinn, not to make one sub is poor squad management by Stubbs considering we have a hectic schedule coming up.

yeah, was bizarre not seeing a sub, however we dont know what AS is thinking, perhaps McGinn wont play on Sunday and he will rotate squad again. Its a difficult decision now as we really have a chance of getting 2nd all on our own if we go all out attack.

J-C
27-04-2016, 09:22 AM
yeah, was bizarre not seeing a sub, however we dont know what AS is thinking, perhaps McGinn wont play on Sunday and he will rotate squad again. Its a difficult decision now as we really have a chance of getting 2nd all on our own if we go all out attack.

Personally can't see Stubbs resting McGinn, QOS is a very important game and all key players will play if fit, that's why I don't understand why he didn't take him off when the game was well won.

snooky
27-04-2016, 09:31 AM
JM looked as if he was going through the motions. Passed the ball as soon as he got it. As you say, Stubbs must be blind if he couldn't see that. Definitely should have been subbed. I'd say even before the 3rd goal.
Good performance by the rest of the team. MacGregor, Fyvie and Stokes were my pick of the bunch.

SeanWilson
27-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Personally can't see Stubbs resting McGinn, QOS is a very important game and all key players will play if fit, that's why I don't understand why he didn't take him off when the game was well won.

specially when we could afford to try and 'have a go' by bringing on the likes of JC... hey ho, we'll never know!

SJM
27-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Something doesn't seem right with mcginn at the moment, he looks like he's lots his mojo.

Fyvie is showing what a loss he was and how big a player he is for us.