26-04-2016, 08:38 PM
Can't believe Stubbs never made 1 sub all game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2016, 08:40 PM
it's truly baffling

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 08:40 PM
I don't know if you noticed but we won 4-0 against a team determined to park the bus.

Unseen work
26-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Very suprised he never put guys like handling and dagnall on to get minutes under there belt

Thecat23
26-04-2016, 08:42 PM
We won 4-0 though, did we need a sub? I'd say Stubbs for it spot on.

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 08:43 PM

What's truly baffling is this thread after a 4-0 win, not Stubbs deciding not to change a formula that was working.

dp00
26-04-2016, 08:43 PM

We definitely needed a sub, we needed more goals and we weren't in it at all second half

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 08:44 PM
We definitely needed a sub, we needed more goals and we weren't in it at all second half

We scored as many in the second half as we did the first.

TariqE
I don't know if you noticed but we won 4-0 against a team determined to park the bus.

Dunno if you noticed but we could really have done with 5 or 6.
McGinn wasn't having his best day and with Stokes playing deep- Cummings would have been a good sub from 60-70 minutes.

Peevemor
I would have hooked Cummings. He was pretty anonymous the whole match.

micka_weer
26-04-2016, 08:45 PM
😄 unbelievable

Andy74
What's truly baffling is this thread after a 4-0 win, not Stubbs deciding not to change a formula that was working.

We put ourselves in the position of needing goals. We needed another 1 or 2. Was a good performance overall but we could have made a bit more of it.

And we could have tried doing this all season...

Jim44

Catching up on goal difference is not out of our hands, but just as importantly, winning easily with a clean sheet has it's benefits. Who is in a better place tonight, psychologically, us or Sevco? :greengrin

Thecat23
26-04-2016, 08:46 PM

What makes you say we needed a sub? Subs should only be used if a player is injured, tactics are wrong or player is tired. Seemed the 11 were fine tonight and the 4-0 score line shows that.

Andy74
Catching up on goal difference is not out of our hands, but just as importantly, winning easily with a clean sheet has it's benefits. Who is in a better place tonight, psychologically, us or Sevco? :greengrin

One of us has been promoted so Sevco?

Northernhibee
McGinn wasn't having his best day and with Stokes playing deep- Cummings would have been a good sub from 60-70 minutes.

This board has been ****ing tragic recently, we win 4-0 and people complaining that it wasn't 5 or 6. Against a team who have beaten us already this season and were determined to have eleven men behind the ball. :rolleyes:

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 08:47 PM
I would have hooked Cummings. He was pretty anonymous the whole match.

Did Oxley even come out to claim one corner tonight?

Thecat23
26-04-2016, 08:47 PM
We put ourselves in the position of needing goals. We needed another 1 or 2. Was a good performance overall but we could have made a bit more of it.

And we could have tried doing this all season...

Scoring 4 at home when we seemed to struggle against said teams in the past is a good result and while we wanted more subs may not have brought that. Let's just enjoy the win!

Unseen work
26-04-2016, 08:48 PM

We weren't in it?! We controlled the whole game.

Fyvie had more touches than their whole team

Peevemor
26-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Aye - him and a'!

Thecat23
26-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Mind when we struggled last time we had "we should be beating them 3 or 4." So it happens and its, but we should be winning by 5 or 6 😂

Good old Hibs.Net eh.

HoboHarry
26-04-2016, 08:51 PM
There are times when I'm convinced that some posters are competing with each other to start the most idiotic thread possible.

Unseen work
26-04-2016, 08:52 PM
Mind when we struggled last time we had "we should be beating them 3 or 4." So it happens and its, but we should be winning by 5 or 6 

Good old Hibs.Net eh.

The fans moaning when we were 2-0 up were laughable. I was cringing listening to them

Andy74
26-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Mind when we struggled last time we had "we should be beating them 3 or 4." So it happens and its, but we should be winning by 5 or 6 😂

Good old Hibs.Net eh.

I think you can only comment on the game in front of you. We needed lots of goals tonight which is why it's being discussed. Goals were there for the taking. No subs at all is unusual. Not using your top scorer when you need goals is also unusual.

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 08:56 PM
I think you can only comment on the game in front of you. We needed lots of goals tonight which is why it's being discussed. Goals were there for the taking. No subs at all is unusual. Not using your top scorer when you need goals is also unusual.

We've taken four out of their GD lead whilst resting a player who has played a hell of a lot of football recently. IMO - win win situation on that front.

OtleyHibs
26-04-2016, 08:58 PM

We seemed to go downhill after beating Hearts, now The Rangers seem to have done similar since beating Celtc, here's hoping that continues until after the final.
I know the league is won and they dont have much to play for but they still want to win these games, losing is an easy habit to get into!

Thecat23
26-04-2016, 08:58 PM

No I don't agree with that. Stubbs got it tight and rightly so last time. This time Hibs scored 4 conceded 0 and folk still moaning about it. Sorry Andy if folk can't be happy with a 4-0 win without nit picking about subs then they will never be happy.

I can see it now.. Hibs win the Scottish Cup 3-1 but Stubbs never used a sub and it should have been 4 or 5 if he had!

California-Hibs
26-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Get this stupid thread deleted! We just won 4-0!

Jim44
26-04-2016, 09:02 PM
One of us has been promoted so Sevco?

I'm thinking in terms of the Cup Final. They wanted to put the draw against Alloa behind them with a good win tonight. I think they play St Mirren at the weekend and a defeat against them would reinforce my opinion. If we can keep winning we go to Hampden in a good frame of mind.

Torto7062
26-04-2016, 09:02 PM

Agreed

Andy74
26-04-2016, 09:08 PM
No I don't agree with that. Stubbs got it tight and rightly so last time. This time Hibs scored 4 conceded 0 and folk still moaning about it. Sorry Andy if folk can't be happy with a 4-0 win without nit picking about subs then they will never be happy.

I can see it now.. Hibs win the Scottish Cup 3-1 but Stubbs never used a sub and it should have been 4 or 5 if he had!

It's not really a comparable scenario is it. We have a target of points and goals just now. That's the reason people are discussing whether we have done enough.

It's more like being three down in the final, getting a goal and not changing anything else.

Andy74
26-04-2016, 09:09 PM
I'm thinking in terms of the Cup Final. They wanted to put the draw against Alloa behind them with a good win tonight. I think they play St Mirren at the weekend and a defeat against them would reinforce my opinion. If we can keep winning we go to Hampden in a good frame of mind.

Got you. I had no idea they were playing tonight!!

AndyB_70
26-04-2016, 09:11 PM
We did win 4-0 and that is great but McGinn wasn't in the game in the 2nd half. Stokes was having to come so deep to pick up the ball and their keeper had a few great saves. Still confused how Stokes managed to hit the keeper when the goal was wide open. :greengrin:greengrin

ruthven_raiders
26-04-2016, 09:20 PM
It's not really a comparable scenario is it. We have a target of points and goals just now. That's the reason people are discussing whether we have done enough.

It's more like being three down in the final, getting a goal and not changing anything else.

Well said. Think people like myself who are just back are baffled at no subs, there were more goals in that game, players were knackered towards the end....subs were what we're needed, I'm not moaning at winning four nil, if we had more games like this we would be in this position, we needed goals and players running on empty needed replaced,Stubbs inaction is debatable is it not.

Thecat23
26-04-2016, 09:20 PM

We got goals! How many times have we scored 5 or 6 this season against anyone? To get 4 shows Stubbs get it bang on! It's not hard to praise him or the strikers when it's deserved just like he deserved the flack last time!

Sorry but for me 2 or 3 could be expected tonight as we have struggled to break down 11 men behind the ball, so 4 is great for us. It's that simple!

Giro Playboy
26-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Im not sure anyone on the bench would have made a difference tonight if they had come on. Dagnall would have made the Dumbarton defence look good but thats about it

Albanian Hibs
26-04-2016, 09:23 PM

Unbelievable Jeff

Malthibby
26-04-2016, 09:23 PM
Dead chuffed we won tonight but I'm in the 'Why no subs?' camp.
Dumbarton were there for the taking, they must have been on the lash after Saturday because they were bowfin' but for the first half hour of the second half we struggled
to put them away. Their goalie had a very good game but a sub or two might have made more of a difference.
I'm a happy clapper but I'm entitled to think we could have wiped out that goal difference tonight.
Still, onwards & upwards & Conrad had another clean sheet; one good save & generally pretty relaxed.
GG

Monts
26-04-2016, 09:24 PM
I agree with this thread.

It has taken until the second last game of the season for us to play like we actually wanted to score goals, and it worked, we won 4 0. The problem is we needed 6 or 7. When it was obvious after about 65 minutes that we would be struggling to score another 5 goals, and our top scorer is on the bench, why not bring him on?

BoomtownHibees
26-04-2016, 09:27 PM
A sub might have disrupted how we were playing. It wasn't as if we were struggling to break them down, we were still creating chances right to the end. Didn't see any need to change anything

DC_Hibs
26-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Oh no, criticism after a victory. A magnet to attract hissy fit throwing drama queens.
Dontcha know this negativity will cause chaos in our dressing room and could stop us from winning the cup and getting through the play offs.

Gordy M
26-04-2016, 09:29 PM
I think stubbs is probably trying to rotate some players and give them a bit of a rest before what will be the most important games of the season. We won 4-0 and still have a chance on sunday...maybe didnt want to risk jc and keep him fresh for the games ahead??

Andy74
26-04-2016, 09:30 PM
We got goals! How many times have we scored 5 or 6 this season against anyone? To get 4 shows Stubbs get it bang on! It's not hard to praise him or the strikers when it's deserved just like he deserved the flack last time!

Sorry but for me 2 or 3 could be expected tonight as we have struggled to break down 11 men behind the ball, so 4 is great for us. It's that simple!

Is that supposed to be an endorsement of Stubbs? We needed the goals because of the problems you have rightly mentioned up to now.

When you get in this position you need to do what you need to do to get out of it. Another goal or two would have been good.

Hiber-nation
What a strange post, but there have been an awful lot of strange posts on here recently.

Making a sub would have been ridiculous. There wasn't one potential change to be made.

Northernhibee
Oh no, criticism after a victory. A magnet to attract hissy fit throwing drama queens.
Dontcha know this negativity will cause chaos in our dressing room and could stop us from winning the cup and getting through the play offs.

Why can't some people just enjoy a good win? This place was negative even after the Rangers win. What's the point?

Brightside
26-04-2016, 09:31 PM
I was very surprised McGinn played the whole game...he offered very little in the 2nd half. Would have been ideal for Handling to come on and play just behind the front two.

givescotlandfreedom
26-04-2016, 09:32 PM

Not a criticism of stubbs per se but I think McGinn looks knackered and maybe taking him off for Dagnall or Cummings may have given him a rest for the upcoming games.

GreenPJ
26-04-2016, 09:32 PM
What makes you say we needed a sub? Subs should only be used if a player is injured, tactics are wrong or player is tired. Seemed the 11 were fine tonight and the 4-0 score line shows that.

McGinn was blowing out his arse for at least the last 20 and to be honest was never in the game and with having had a bad back on Sunday to have played him never mind play him for 90 was stupid.

I would also have given Fontaine game time so if he is needed he isn't coming in cold.

No subs was a wrong decision.

Keyser Sauzee
26-04-2016, 09:33 PM
The fans moaning when we were 2-0 up were laughable. I was cringing listening to them

That was doing my nut in, a couple of square passes along the back 4 and half the crowd started moaning and groaning. As u say cringeworthy.

Monts
26-04-2016, 09:34 PM
Why can't some people just enjoy a good win? This place was negative even after the Rangers win. What's the point?

People will have enjoyed the win. The problem is that the win isn't quite enough. Not on the same scale, but it's like beating rangers 1 0 in the playoffs last year. Always great to beat them, but we needed more than 1 goal.

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 09:35 PM
People will have enjoyed the win. The problem is that the win isn't quite enough. Not on the same scale, but it's like beating rangers 1 0 in the playoffs last year. Always great to beat them, but we needed more than 1 goal.

The problem wasn't tonights win, it was the loss of form late winter. We've taken a huge chunk out of Falkirks GD advantage, let's enjoy that.

Wee Effen Bee
26-04-2016, 09:40 PM

You are entitled to post an opinion but - 4 zip against a 10 man defence and we're discussing the lack of subs? Can't believe this thread. We totally dominated, missed a couple of sitters, hit the post and their goalie made FIVE very good saves! After grubbing the Huns last week, the busiest thread was on Oxley. Something ain't right!

Jim44
26-04-2016, 09:41 PM
:agree:
The problem wasn't tonights win, it was the loss of form late winter. We've taken a huge chunk out of Falkirks GD advantage, let's enjoy that.

:agree: Chances are we won't beat Falkirk over the winning line, but winning games, especially comfortably, set's us up for a confident approach to the playoffs and the Cup Final.

Monts
26-04-2016, 09:42 PM

Of course tonight wasn't the main problem, but it was the only one that could've been affected tonight.

Tonight also showed that this team are capable of scoring goals, which casts a bigger shadow on the tactics up until now IMO.

I did enjoy tonight. I love it when hibs score. But it just felt like another 'if only' night.

HoboHarry
26-04-2016, 09:42 PM
You are entitled to post an opinion but - 4 zip against a 10 man defence and we're discussing the lack of subs? Can't believe this thread. We totally dominated, missed a couple of sitters, hit the post and their goalie made FIVE very good saves! After grubbing the Huns last week, the busiest thread was on Oxley. Something ain't right!

You are right there. There's more than one poster needs to get launched from this site.

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Of course tonight wasn't the main problem, but it was the only one that could've been affected tonight.

Tonight also showed that this team are capable of scoring goals, which casts a bigger shadow on the tactics up until now IMO.

I did enjoy tonight. I love it when hibs score. But it just felt like another 'if only' night.

'If only' we used nights like tonight to fire us up for the weeks ahead.

Just remember - there's a week next month that if it goes to plan could be one of the greatest ever weeks in history to be a Hibee :wink:

Captain Trips
26-04-2016, 09:47 PM

We cant put the missed chances and lack of goals throughout season into one match. 4-0 is excellent result there are countless games when the result wasn't good enough and they matches are why a 4-0 tonight seems not enough.

Thecat23
26-04-2016, 09:48 PM

Well said. Totally agree!

lucky
26-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Not a criticism of stubbs per se but I think McGinn looks knackered and maybe taking him off for Dagnall or Cummings may have given him a rest for the upcoming games.

I agree. JM looks tired, so giving him a rest would have done him a favour. I'd have brought on Cummings and dropped stokes in behind the front 2 and really went for it. 4-0 is a decent result and the performance of their keeper stopped it being more.

Brooster
26-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Haha is this thread for real?

macca70
26-04-2016, 10:09 PM
A sub might have disrupted how we were playing. It wasn't as if we were struggling to break them down, we were still creating chances right to the end. Didn't see any need to change anything

We were 2-0 up after 12 mins then had lots of the ball but created very little for then next 60 mins and they gifted us our 3rd with a 25 yard OG.

Fresh legs up front against tired part timers might have got us the extra couple of goals we need to claw back the goal difference.

danhibees1875
26-04-2016, 10:11 PM
I'm with the OP.

I can see how it's seen as negative, but for me we went in to that game at 0-6 down from the start, and I wanted us to at least draw.

I was annoyed that Boyle didn't pick the ball up after the third to get the game started again, I was annoyed that Stubbs didn't make use of the subs with a knackered team and several key games ahead. I'd have take Mcginn off- he's knackered and I hope is rested on Sunday. I'd also have introduced Cummings with 30+ mins to add something different and remind the team that we needed to win 6/7-0 tonight.

Hopefully Sunday brings an adequate goal swing /falkirk drop points.

Monts
26-04-2016, 10:12 PM
I'm with the OP.

I can see how it's seen as negative, but for me we went in to that game at 0-6 down from the start, and I wanted us to at least draw.

I was annoyed that Boyle didn't pick the ball up after the third to get the game started again, I was annoyed that Stubbs didn't make use of the subs with a knackered team and several key games ahead. I'd have take Mcginn off- he's knackered and I hope is rested on Sunday. I'd also have introduced Cummings with 30+ mins to add something different and remind the team that we needed to win 6/7-0 tonight.

:aok:

stantonhibby
26-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Haha is this thread for real?

It is laughable isn't it.

macca70
26-04-2016, 10:16 PM
It is laughable isn't it.

Not really, we were 2-0 up in 12 mins and then created nothing for 60 mins til Cawley lobbed his own goalie from 25 yards.

We really needed to score 6/7 and were crying out for a change or fresh legs up front half way through 2nd half.

Albanian Hibs
26-04-2016, 10:19 PM
I'm with the OP.

You are easily annoyed

Thecat23
26-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Not really, we were 2-0 up in 12 mins and then created nothing for 60 mins til Cawley lobbed his own goalie from 25 yards.

We really needed to score 6/7 and were crying out for a change or fresh legs up front half way through 2nd half.

Come on when have Hibs done a six or seven in the same league as a team we are playing.

Apart from Hearts I mind Livingston but we were never getting 7 tonight. Folk need to get real here! I doubt Dagnall would have fired in a hat trick or Cummings.

danhibees1875
26-04-2016, 10:23 PM
You are easily annoyed
Maybe so. Maybe I just want the team to look like they want 2nd place (now that 1st is unattainable) and a manger to acknowledge when players need as much rest as possible after what's been a busy spell and before what will be another busy spell.

cmcd
26-04-2016, 10:27 PM
We did win 4-0 and that is great but McGinn wasn't in the game in the 2nd half. Stokes was having to come so deep to pick up the ball and their keeper had a few great saves. Still confused how Stokes managed to hit the keeper when the goal was wide open. :greengrin:greengrin

I was right behind it Their keeper not for the first time made a great save .Stokes done all he could from a tight angle

macca70
26-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Come on when have Hibs done a six or seven in the same league as a team we are playing.

Apart from Hearts I mind Livingston but we were never getting 7 tonight. Folk need to get real here! I doubt Dagnall would have fired in a hat trick or Cummings.

It could quite easily have been 6/7. We got 4; Stokes missed an open goal, Stevenson hit post, there keeper made 2 great saves from free kicks.

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Maybe so. Maybe I just want the team to look like they want 2nd place (now that 1st is unattainable) and a manger to acknowledge when players need as much rest as possible after what's been a busy spell and before what will be another busy spell.

They won 4-0.

cmcd
26-04-2016, 10:38 PM
It could quite easily have been 6/7. We got 4; Stokes missed an open goal, Stevenson hit post, there keeper made 2 great saves from free kicks.

Stokes never missed a sitter his shot was on target See my post above

kaimendhibs
26-04-2016, 10:42 PM

It was a brilliant save

BoomtownHibees
26-04-2016, 10:48 PM

Exactly. So what would subs have changed considering we made all these chances?

macca70
26-04-2016, 10:49 PM

Would like to see the highlights as I was sat directly above it and looked to me like he didn't connect properly as it was going back across the goal mouth and wide of the far post when the keeper stopped it, if he had made a proper connection he would have scored.

danhibees1875
26-04-2016, 10:49 PM
They won 4-0.
On the penultimate game of the season where we're 7 goals behind falkirk. That should have been 90 minutes playing as if we were perpetually 1-0 down, because for all intents and purposes we were.

bubblesmorrison
26-04-2016, 10:52 PM
I am done.

macca70
26-04-2016, 10:53 PM
Exactly. So what would subs have changed considering we made all these chances?

Cummings defo with fresh legs against a tired defence, probably take McGinn or Henderson off.

Stokes was dropping deep and trying to make something happen but this generally resulted in no one being in the box as our centre forward was too deep or on the wing.

Ringothedog
26-04-2016, 11:20 PM
On the penultimate game of the season where we're 7 goals behind falkirk. That should have been 90 minutes playing as if we were perpetually 1-0 down, because for all intents and purposes we were.

So we won 4-1

BoomtownHibees
27-04-2016, 05:44 AM
Cummings defo with fresh legs against a tired defence, probably take McGinn or Henderson off.

Stokes was dropping deep and trying to make something happen but this generally resulted in no one being in the box as our centre forward was too deep or on the wing.

And yet he scored from about 2 yards out right at the end

marinello59
27-04-2016, 06:20 AM
Wow.
We won 4-0. Any reasonable person would call that a goods night work and enjoy the victory. Well done to Stubbs and the team.

TrinityHibs
27-04-2016, 06:31 AM

I think that's a bit harsh. I didn't see him make one mistake tonight nor did he let in any goals. As for Gray he was posted missing

Pete
27-04-2016, 06:37 AM
Wow.
We we won 4-0. Any reasonable person would call that a goods night work and enjoy the victory. Well done to Stubbs and the team.

Any reasonable person indeed.

I'm afraid that we're just going to have to accept that no matter what Stubbs does there will be someone on the Internet who can do it better.

ALF TUPPER
27-04-2016, 06:44 AM
Hibernian 4 Dumbarton 0

Looks fine to me. Well done Stubbsy. 👍

Edinburgh Green
27-04-2016, 06:53 AM
It seems the norm now that if we we win, then questions can't be asked.
In a game that we needed as many goals as possible, I'm amazed that Stubbs thought a lethargic and burnt out McGinn was a better option than anyone on the bench?

DH1875
27-04-2016, 06:55 AM
I'm surprised he didn't make any subs. Nowt to do with last nights game but I don't think we'll catch Falkirk so would have used the subs to help players who need a rest get a rest for the run in.

ruthven_raiders
27-04-2016, 07:03 AM
In a game that we needed as many goals as possible, I'm amazed that Stubbs thought a lethargic and burnt out McGinn was a better option than anyone on the bench?

Yup well said, also with lots of games coming up made no sense at all.

Ronniekirk
27-04-2016, 07:23 AM
If stokes had put his chance away when he hit it right at keeper and stevensons shot had crept in instead of hitting the post it would have been 6 0 and there were other chances
Keating's has t had a lot of game time and Stubbs maybe wanted to give him the full 90 and see if he could get his HatTrick Who knows Cummings looked tired against morton late on so not surprised he was benched
But 15 minute run out against a tired side could of been worth another goal ,but Stubbs must of had his reasons

hibs0666
27-04-2016, 07:50 AM

You were not at the Morton game I take it?

Allant1981
27-04-2016, 08:09 AM
Good result last night and yip he got the tactics correct, when we went 3-0 up though id have swapped players, we need them as fresh as possible

Edinburgh Green
27-04-2016, 08:12 AM
You were not at the Morton game I take it?

You've lost me? Wot's that got to do with freshening things up last night?

Phil MaGlass
27-04-2016, 08:43 AM
Well done Hibs, good solid win, I thought we would get beat.Roll on the next game

MrRobot
27-04-2016, 11:17 AM
Oxley was terrible too.