PDA

View Full Version : logan in goals

pacoluna
26-04-2016, 06:08 PM
Logan starts today !

hibsbollah
26-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Delighted. Fingers crossed he plays nearly as well.

Andy74
26-04-2016, 06:09 PM

There'll be something amiss if he has to.

pacoluna
26-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Just concentrate on scoring now.. because we won't be conceding ;)

Jim44
26-04-2016, 06:12 PM

As long as he's not man of the match.

steakbake
26-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Probably Oxley's confidence is shot through.

Danderhall Hibs
26-04-2016, 07:35 PM
As long as he's not man of the match.

He will be - every touch had been met with a round of applause.

Springbank
26-04-2016, 07:52 PM
He will be - every touch had been met with a round of applause.

Smashing save at 2-0 sees us go in at half time with daylight between us and the opponent, a different prospect than a week ago when we were seconds from a 2-0 half time lead, and a wee flap at a harmless cross led to Jason Holt giving Rangers new hope

This stuff makes a big difference over a season

Heisenberg
26-04-2016, 08:50 PM
It's worth noting he also made a complete **** up of a cross ball and missed it flapping near the end. If that had been Oxley the stadium would've erupted in boos. Let's just support whoever is in goals eh?

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 08:51 PM
It's worth noting he also made a complete **** up of a cross ball and missed it flapping near the end. If that had been Oxley the stadium would've erupted in boos. Let's just support whoever is in goals eh?

TBF I'm sure that some on here will be concocting an excuse as to why that was Oxley's fault and not Sir Conrad Logan's.

CropleyWasGod
26-04-2016, 08:53 PM
TBF I'm sure that some on here will be concocting an excuse as to why that was Oxley's fault and not Sir Conrad Logan's.
Ox was shining a laser pen in his eyes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Unseen work
26-04-2016, 08:54 PM

Said the exact same.

Agree 100%

Libby Hibby
26-04-2016, 08:58 PM

Correct, it is worth noting but it's also worth noting that all players makes mistakes and Conrad had a few tonight, difference is, his have not lead to any goals conceded.

hibee_girl
26-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Correct, it is worth noting but it's also worth noting that all players makes mistakes and Conrad had a few tonight, difference is, his have not lead to any goals conceded.

A few? He had one

Andy74
26-04-2016, 09:00 PM

Same with the majority of games Ox has played.

Libby Hibby
26-04-2016, 09:01 PM
A few? He had one

Now your being picky 😃 but you know what i mean

Sammy7nil
26-04-2016, 09:02 PM

100% of Logan's games:agree:

Andy74
26-04-2016, 09:03 PM
100% of Logan's games:agree:

Yeah, out of 2. Has he scored yet? 😉

Libby Hibby
26-04-2016, 09:03 PM

I don't agree, I think Oxley makes a lot of mistakes, some not so obvious that leads to goals conceded.

Anyway, I felt a lot more at ease with Conrad in goal tonight. Good save in 1st half.

pacoluna
26-04-2016, 09:10 PM
He's a lot more vocal

Sammy7nil
26-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Yeah, out of 2. Has he scored yet? 

Give him time :cb

Pretty Boy
26-04-2016, 09:15 PM
Disappointing, but not suprising, there's a couple of petty jabs at Logan on this thread.

Thought he done ok tonight. 1 big save at a crucial time, couple of decent claims, 1 dodgy kick and 1 flap. Nothing out of the ordinary and not sure having a different keeper tonight would have made any difference.

Ronniekirk
26-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Two and a bit games and two clean sheets The big man cant do any better than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
26-04-2016, 09:26 PM
A few? He had one

He did a have a few... poor distribution and missing out on easy passes out.... but he did fine. as would have oxley tbf.

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Disappointing, but not suprising, there's a couple of petty jabs at Logan on this thread.

Thought he done ok tonight. 1 big save at a crucial time, couple of decent claims, 1 dodgy kick and 1 flap. Nothing out of the ordinary and not sure having a different keeper tonight would have made any difference.

I don't think there's any petty jabs at Logan, just jabs at the attitude that Logan can do no wrong and Oxley can do no right.

Logan was solid tonight, just like the Ox was in his last couple of games.

Heisenberg
26-04-2016, 09:31 PM
I don't think there's any petty jabs at Logan, just jabs at the attitude that Logan can do no wrong and Oxley can do no right.

Indeed. Let's just support whoever is in goals and get on with it. Oxley doesn't deserve the abuse he got vs Sevco.

Danderhall Hibs
26-04-2016, 09:32 PM

:agree: it wouldn't have made any difference. He even took ages with goal kicks to keep in with our style of play.

Eyrie
26-04-2016, 10:01 PM

I was surprised he was still awake at that point.

Northern Hibby
26-04-2016, 10:01 PM
With ox in goals a large % of shots end up as goals against, it's like if you get past the defence chances are you'll score, at least with Logan we (seem) to have, dare I say, a bigger final obstacle for opposing strikers.

HibsNutter
26-04-2016, 10:03 PM
One important save, clean sheet (again). Stays in goals now. Now have a keeper who is a good shot stopper and seems to organise the defence well. Always barking out orders.

hibee_girl
26-04-2016, 10:04 PM
One important save, clean sheet (again). Stays in goals now. Now have a keeper who is a good shot stopper and seems to organise the defence well. Always barking out orders.

That's what I really like about him, he's always talking to his defence, I don't think I've ever seen Oxley do that (and that's not a dig just an observation)

Shrekko
26-04-2016, 10:25 PM

Absolute drivel.

Brightside
26-04-2016, 10:26 PM
It was good to see that the Dumbarton goalie was carrying a bigger cleavage than Conrad! Big is better for goalies! :green grin

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2016, 10:27 PM
That's what I really like about him, he's always talking to his defence, I don't think I've ever seen Oxley do that (and that's not a dig just an observation)Oxley talks to the back 4 constantly. Away games at places like Alloa and Cowden in the last 2 years have consisted of Oxley talking and shouting the whole game at the back 4.

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Absolute drivel.

:blah: Good point well made. :rolleyes:

Renfrew_Hibby
26-04-2016, 10:42 PM
Love the way he barks and gesticulates at the defenders.
Just too young to have seen much of Budgie in the flesh but is he Budgie-like?

My_Wife_Camille
26-04-2016, 10:44 PM
Absolute drivel.
:agree: The guy talks unspeakable levels of nonsense

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 10:44 PM
:agree: The guy talks unspeakable levels of nonsense

Coming from you? :na na:

Bad Martini
26-04-2016, 10:55 PM
2 games. 2 clean sheets.

Keepers job is to stop goals.

Clean sheets = goals stopped...thus, job done?

What more can you ask for?

ENDOF for me. Gon the big man. :thumbsup:

Shrekko
26-04-2016, 11:08 PM
:blah: Good point well made. :rolleyes:

You think I need to expand on what I posted?

I'm afraid this nonsensical stuff about Oxley being blamed for stuff that's clearly not his fault e.g state of the economy, other players mistakes etc etc., just looks like deflection tactics from those choosing to defend him. It's becoming tiresome and childish.

Yes perhaps some folk are over critical but that's not exactly out of the ordinary. Some folk genuinely claim Stokes looks disinterested for instance, which couldn't be more blatantly wrong but I don't see the level of hysteria in people trying to defend him.

GreenLake
26-04-2016, 11:11 PM

He missed that one but did you notice how their striker missed the ball too as he was probably worried the flying Logan might land on top of him.:greengrin

hibby6270
26-04-2016, 11:15 PM
Didn't have much to do tonight but to be fair what he did do was effective.
Excellent save in first half was the highlight for him.
And boy, can he talk and shout!!

Borderhibbie76
27-04-2016, 12:59 AM
That's what I really like about him, he's always talking to his defence, I don't think I've ever seen Oxley do that (and that's not a dig just an observation)
That's complete nonsense Oxley is always shouting at the back 4...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mathias Jack
27-04-2016, 06:26 AM

The Rangers was two games ago; I never knew Oxley flapping at the cross ball that led to their first goal was 'solid'. Puzzling...

Not In The Know
27-04-2016, 06:36 AM
Was oxley dropped or injured as he wasn't on the bench?

Pete
27-04-2016, 06:45 AM
If we ever look like facing another penalty shoot out this season we have to bring Logan on for Oxley in the 119th minute. It would unnerve the opposition to say the least. :greengrin

oneone73
27-04-2016, 08:21 AM
Oxley talks to the back 4 constantly. Away games at places like Alloa and Cowden in the last 2 years have consisted of Oxley talking and shouting the whole game at the back 4.

Correct.

SunshineOnLeith
27-04-2016, 08:22 AM
You think I need to expand on what I posted?

I'm afraid this nonsensical stuff about Oxley being blamed for stuff that's clearly not his fault e.g state of the economy, other players mistakes etc etc., just looks like deflection tactics from those choosing to defend him. It's becoming tiresome and childish.

Yes perhaps some folk are over critical but that's not exactly out of the ordinary. Some folk genuinely claim Stokes looks disinterested for instance, which couldn't be more blatantly wrong but I don't see the level of hysteria in people trying to defend him.

I blame Oxley for people posting nonsensical stuff blaming Oxley for stuff that clearly isn't his fault.

Logan would have stopped those posts.

hibee_girl
27-04-2016, 08:22 AM

Clearly I don't pay enough attention to Oxley then! :greengrin

SeanWilson
27-04-2016, 08:26 AM
When Stevenson hit the post last night, the first thing i thought was; that would have gone in had Oxley been on the pitch.

Greendeal
27-04-2016, 09:16 AM

I'm also a huge fan of his communication. in particular I've noticed when we have a corner he's shouting at defenders (usually Stevenson is the player covering) telling him where he should be positioned. Last night I noticed Dumbarton had 2 men up, we had 2 back. Logan was screaming at McGinn (who was standing around the D) telling him to drop deeper and provide cover. Small details like these can be the difference at this time of the season

Keith_M
27-04-2016, 09:26 AM

Maybe, but what he shouts and how loud she shouts it are just not on a par with Logan

:greengrin

PercyHibs
27-04-2016, 09:31 AM

really? Oxley talks to his defence constantly.

Borderhibbie76
27-04-2016, 09:44 AM
Maybe, but what he shouts and how loud she shouts it are just not on a par with Logan

:greengrin
😂😂😂😂bl###y Oxley his fault his voice isn't as loud as logans 😂😂😂