PDA

View Full Version : MCFB/Leith Links Update

FranckSuzy
26-04-2016, 03:04 PM
I met with Lorraine from the Multi Cultural Family Base (MCFB) today and was delighted to hear how much the children still enjoy going to games. Here is a picture of some of them before the League Cup Final, with tickets donated by Street Soccer Scotland and other kind Hibs fans. Lorraine says the children were delighted when others talked to them, even just to say "enjoy the game, boys" as they felt included. Despite the result, she said they were bursting with pride and enthusiasm afterwards :thumbsup:

Thanks to donations and kit from our fans in the last few years, around 15 Black Minority Ethnic (BME) children from the MCFB's football project have moved on to clubs in South East Scotland, such as Redpath Albion, Edina Hibs, Leith Vic., Craigroyston, Blackhall and Newcraighall Vics. In fact, one of the boys has shown so much promise that he may be about to progress to *Spartans, which is a fantastic achievement :applause: Fours years ago, there were only 5 BME children playing football in the S. E. so definite progress is being made in this area :agree:

*If there's anyone out there who enjoys watching this level of football and would like to pop along to show their support, please let me know. Lorraine says this particular star player would be delighted as he 'only' has his mum (and she doesn't really get football...) - plus Lorraine - but she has to pretend she's his agent because she doesn't want to say she's his Social Worker :wink: Recently though, another wee local boy chased after her to ask how he could get an agent too so that gave them all a good laugh :greengrin

On to Leith Links now, if you're still awake :tee hee: It's coming up to our third anniversary and so far, we've raised over £32,000 :not worth This is remarkable given the vast majority of donations are a fiver here, a tenner there and from the humble 22 KfK season tickets purchased in season 2013/14, we quickly progressed to 146 in 14/15 and finally to the remarkable total of 152 in 15/16 :thumbsup: Thanks also to those who have offered spare tickets and/or kit as it's much appreciated.

Next season's fundraising campaign is now well underway, with over £6,000 already raised and there's another auction planned...which will include a 'money can't buy' football experience but more details about that will be announced soon :wink:

All-in-all, myself and Lorraine can't thank you enough for your support as it really does make a difference to local children and it's a privilege to welcome them into the Hibs family. GGTTH and thanks for reading.

nickwhibs
26-04-2016, 03:17 PM
That's great to read Suzy. I actually did a bit of volunteering with MCFB, and it's a fantastic organisation.

bigwheel
26-04-2016, 03:24 PM
Amazing success story. Great to see and hear about the kids. Keep up the fantastic work - happy to support through donations for next season ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trev the hat
26-04-2016, 03:54 PM
Great to hear Suzy, huge credit to all involved 👏

Wee Effen Bee
26-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Great to hear Suzy, huge credit to all involved 

Great to hear really positive news.
All the best.:not worth

FranckSuzy
26-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Sue McLernon @ Hibs has just forwarded this email on from a Community Housing Officer at East Lothian Council:

"I just wanted to share the feedback we received from our interpreter following your kind donation of tickets for the match last night. I received this text this morning:

We want to thank you all so much for a fantastic football evening we had yesterday. Hibs wanted to welcome us by winning Rangers 3-2. Me, Rami and Malik were so excited and chanting with the Hibs fans as if we understood a single word of what they were singing (or maybe swearing!). Thank you so much

Thank you again for this – it sounds like it was a great experience for them!"

:thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
26-04-2016, 04:14 PM
Amazing success story. Great to see and hear about the kids. Keep up the fantastic work - happy to support through donations for next season ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now this could be your next Mix can feel the feet tapping already

KdyHby
26-04-2016, 05:29 PM
A fantastic read Suzy. I'd encourage anyone that can afford it to set up a direct debit and contribute to Leith Links for Kids. Suzy's been great when I've suggested potential good recipients for season tickets.

Keep up the fantastic work! And get digging deep fellow Hibs fans.

FranckSuzy
27-04-2016, 09:22 PM
That's another £75 been received for a Kicks for Kids season ticket :thumbsup: We'll fill the stadium yet :wink: GGTTH.

Ronniekirk
27-04-2016, 09:26 PM
That's another £75 been received for a Kicks for Kids season ticket :thumbsup: We'll fill the stadium yet :wink: GGTTH.

Count me in again for one Suzy will pm you to meet at one of the play off games

Jonnyboy
27-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Sue McLernon @ Hibs has just forwarded this email on from a Community Housing Officer at East Lothian Council:

"I just wanted to share the feedback we received from our interpreter following your kind donation of tickets for the match last night. I received this text this morning:

We want to thank you all so much for a fantastic football evening we had yesterday. Hibs wanted to welcome us by winning Rangers 3-2. Me, Rami and Malik were so excited and chanting with the Hibs fans as if we understood a single word of what they were singing (or maybe swearing!). Thank you so much

Thank you again for this – it sounds like it was a great experience for them!"

:thumbsup:

Sterling work Susan. Love hearing these wee snippets :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
27-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Great sustained effort Suzy - impressive given the number of avenues now for fans to channel their dosh into in often tight times. A great credit to yourself and our club.

FranckSuzy
27-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Count me in again for one Suzy will pm you to meet at one of the play off games

Thanks Ronnie, you've been a great supporter of Leith Links :aok:

FranckSuzy
27-04-2016, 09:36 PM
A fantastic read Suzy. I'd encourage anyone that can afford it to set up a direct debit and contribute to Leith Links for Kids. Suzy's been great when I've suggested potential good recipients for season tickets.

Keep up the fantastic work! And get digging deep fellow Hibs fans.

Thanks I, much appreciated as ever :aok:

For only £6.25 per month, one Kicks for Kids season ticket can be purchased outright OR any amount you can afford is more than welcome :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
27-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Sterling work Susan. Love hearing these wee snippets :thumbsup:

Thanks John, you've been a great support AND supporter :thumbsup:

Great sustained effort Suzy - impressive given the number of avenues now for fans to channel their dosh into in often tight times. A great credit to yourself and our club.

Cheers I, it's a real team effort from all the fans, that's for sure :aok: