PDA

View Full Version : Pre-cup final drinks venues?

KeithTheHibby
26-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Anyone recommend anywhere for a couple of bus loads to go?

Have previously been at the Church on the Hill and 100 acre however both of these are not an option this time around.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers.

CallumLaidlaw
26-04-2016, 11:34 AM
We're going to the Kings Park hotel, as we did at the LC Final. They had a room of Ross County fans. Doubt they will be doing that with Rangers fans for obvious reasons, so they may have space.

SeanWilson
26-04-2016, 11:34 AM

Have previously been at the Church on the Hill and 100 acre however both of these are not an option this time around.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers.
Not sure how many spaces left but the shed are taking pre bookings for a pre party 11-2.30 guest list etc

Albanian Hibs
26-04-2016, 12:06 PM
We're going to the Kings Park hotel, as we did at the LC Final. They had a room of Ross County fans. Doubt they will be doing that with Rangers fans for obvious reasons, so they may have space.

Thats where our bus is going too

pacoluna
26-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Anyone know if Shettleston juniors is doing anything similar to last time we reached final of SC? or will it be full of rangers fans.

KeithTheHibby
26-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Not sure how many spaces left but the shed are taking pre bookings for a pre party 11-2.30 guest list etc

Hmm had a look at their location and it seems they are near the sevco end of the ground so not sure if they will entertain Hibs fans. I've left a message anyway so will wait and see what they say.

SeanWilson
26-04-2016, 01:05 PM
Hmm had a look at their location and it seems they are near the sevco end of the ground so not sure if they will entertain Hibs fans. I've left a message anyway so will wait and see what they say.

its an all hibs doo mate... has been since they held the pre part aggainst celtic a few years back. :agree:

HibeeMassive
26-04-2016, 01:08 PM
Anyone know if Shettleston juniors is doing anything similar to last time we reached final of SC? or will it be full of rangers fans.

They are mate yeah. Someone I know takes his bus there and he'd had a text after the semi inviting them along again, Hibs fans only.

I've never been, but heard very mixed reviews of it though.

hibeerealist
26-04-2016, 01:53 PM

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers.

Keith can you pm me have venue where my bus is going, need to know numbers you are looking or.

hibeerealist
26-04-2016, 01:55 PM
its an all hibs doo mate... has been since they held the pre part aggainst celtic a few years back. :agree:

is that not at the Rangers end?

pacoluna
26-04-2016, 02:00 PM
They are mate yeah. Someone I know takes his bus there and he'd had a text after the semi inviting them along again, Hibs fans only.

I've never been, but heard very mixed reviews of it though.
I was there last time was difficult getting a drink however atmosphere was great. Had loads of activities on the actual pitch. Wonder if drinking on the pitch/outside would be regarded as drinking in the streets which is obv illegal over there

SeanWilson
26-04-2016, 02:09 PM
is that not at the Rangers end?

not a clue, however the guy has been holding hibs parties in there for a few years now, always a good laugh. its a guest list scenario, hibs tunes and goals/games on big screen.

CorrieHibs
26-04-2016, 03:29 PM
I got an email from the Shed saying they are having another Hibs party.

Anyone going?

Thought it was good at the cup final.

Pete
26-04-2016, 03:32 PM
Might try sneaking into the brazen head early doors.

You definitely won't find any Rangers fans in or near there.

Juice-Terry
26-04-2016, 03:34 PM

Anyone going?

Agree: The Shed was excellent before the LC final.

SeanWilson
26-04-2016, 04:33 PM

Anyone going?

:agree: decent laugh and even though heaving, easy enough to get drinks etc! The Celtic cup final 2013 was superb and think he's going back to that format

DH1875
26-04-2016, 04:36 PM

Was in the shed before the Celtic cup final and had a great time. Only problem is it's at the rangers end of the ground and your gonna have to walk past/through thousands of them to get to the Hibs end (and it's no a quick walk either).

SeanWilson
26-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Was in the shed before the Celtic cup final and had a great time. Only problem is it's at the rangers end of the ground and your gonna have to walk past/through thousands of them to get to the Hibs end (and it's no a quick walk either).

Any idea where I'd need to get to to walk with the hibs crowd? Happy to get a taxi from shed to somewhere but not sure I want to run the gauntlet with Huns. Really enjoy the shed so would like to go there prior to game.

Frazerbob
26-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Might try sneaking into the brazen head early doors.

You definitely won't find any Rangers fans in or near there.

Horrible sess pit of a pub. I'd genuinely rather drink in The Louden Tavern.

Pete
26-04-2016, 05:01 PM
Horrible sess pit of a pub. I'd genuinely rather drink in The Louden Tavern.

Some cracking live bands though. ;-)

DH1875
26-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Any idea where I'd need to get to to walk with the hibs crowd? Happy to get a taxi from shed to somewhere but not sure I want to run the gauntlet with Huns. Really enjoy the shed so would like to go there prior to game.

Not saying there won't be other hibs fans around that area before the game and of course there will be the 500 Hibs fans in the shed so I'm guessing something must be in place for them to have been given the go ahead to hold a hibs party. Pretty sure the yams were in there for that cup final and Dundee Utd were there before that so it's normally the teams at that end of the ground that get the shed.
Don't know if you walked it before but we walked it last time and it took a good 25mins. Past by loads of other bars/pubs full of other hibs fans but would reckon they'll be full of rangers fans this time around. Think you also walk past the church on the hill which will be jumping with them. I wouldn't walk it unless I was part of a group but then a large group of Hibs fans walking around that side of the ground will attract trouble so I'd probably just get a taxi. Won't cost that much and will only be a couple of quid if there's 4 of you sharing.

SeanWilson
26-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Not saying there won't be other hibs fans around that area before the game and of course there will be the 500 Hibs fans in the shed so I'm guessing something must be in place for them to have been given the go ahead to hold a hibs party. Pretty sure the yams were in there for that cup final and Dundee Utd were there before that so it's normally the teams at that end of the ground that get the shed.
Don't know if you walked it before but we walked it last time and it took a good 25mins. Past by loads of other bars/pubs full of other hibs fans but would reckon they'll be full of rangers fans this time around. Think you also walk past the church on the hill which will be jumping with them. I wouldn't walk it unless I was part of a group but then a large group of Hibs fans walking around that side of the ground will attract trouble so I'd probably just get a taxi. Won't cost that much and will only be a couple of quid if there's 4 of you sharing.

Thanks mate. Ive walked it each time with no issues, however never against either set of Huns so never experienced a bit of bother. Being as I'll be with the old man, wife and mum ... Not keen on the prospect of any bother!

hibs0666
26-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Got into the 100 Acre but its numbers are way down this time due to confirmation parties taking up the function room.

SeanWilson
26-04-2016, 05:23 PM
On a separate note - is there anywhere to go within a mile of the ground after the game? I've twice walked all the way to city centre after and can't be arsed again lol

hibeerealist
26-04-2016, 05:50 PM

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers.

There is some space (one maybe two buses) at club my bus is booked into pm me

Nakedmanoncrack
26-04-2016, 07:22 PM
Shed is good, but I'd be reluctant to run the gauntlet to Hampden from there tbh.

DH1875
26-04-2016, 07:57 PM
On a separate note - is there anywhere to go within a mile of the ground after the game? I've twice walked all the way to city centre after and can't be arsed again lol

The train station :greengrin

Montord is right behind our end and the International is just down the road. Both difficult to get in before the game but should be fine after it. Went to the Montford after the LC final and was full but got in OK.

SeanWilson
26-04-2016, 08:00 PM

Montord is right behind our end and the International is just down the road. Both difficult to get in before the game but should be fine after it. Went to the Montford after the LC final and was full but got in OK.

Thank you mate! :aok:

H18 SFR
26-04-2016, 08:12 PM

Does the Montfort or the International let in kids?

ionahibby
26-04-2016, 08:12 PM
On another note does anybody know the another train station near hampden other than mount Florida which i assume is a no go being on the rangers end?

Nakedmanoncrack
26-04-2016, 08:18 PM
On another note does anybody know the another train station near hampden other than mount Florida which i assume is a no go being on the rangers end?

kings park.

tam4hibs
27-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Hmmm.

Fancied the shed but now a bit worried about its location via Zombies to the match. Anyone else going? What would be the plan to get to Hampden or will there be police presence to get us there?
Or an alternative route.

Booking 16 folk into a pub for the first time pre match and wanted somewhere within walking distance; open to suggestions?

Tom

OtleyHibs
27-04-2016, 03:56 PM

Kings Park station is your best bet. Alternatively you can get a number 5 bus from next to the St Enoch Centre that will drop you right outside Hampden at our end

SeanWilson
27-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Hmmm.

Fancied the shed but now a bit worried about its location via Zombies to the match. Anyone else going? What would be the plan to get to Hampden or will there be police presence to get us there?
Or an alternative route.

Booking 16 folk into a pub for the first time pre match and wanted somewhere within walking distance; open to suggestions?

Tom

Looking at google maps there's a split in the road that avoids having to walk past church on the hill etc and bring you round to the car park back of north stand... I'm gonna go to shed and chance that walk... Will be a huge police presence and 500 Hibees leaving the shed, should be fine.

DH1875
27-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Kings Park station is your best bet. Alternatively you can get a number 5 bus from next to the St Enoch Centre that will drop you right outside Hampden at our end

Number 7 & 75 buses also run to our end of the ground from the city centre.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-04-2016, 10:53 PM
75 from Ingram Street for me.

linlithgowhibbie
28-04-2016, 06:11 AM
Got into the 100 Acre but its numbers are way down this time due to confirmation parties taking up the function room.

I would double check with the 100 Acres mate. They dinggied us and we have been there 6 times before and even tho we were the only bus there for the semi final.
They have a private function upstairs and they said its a ticket only for Hibs fans downstairs and they are charging for the tickets.
We had also confirmed it with the manager, only found out yesterday that we had been bumped when I phoned to confirm numbers!!!!

leemel
28-04-2016, 01:20 PM
If anyone is looking to take a coach for refreshments pre finial in Glasgow give me a pm I know a place that has space for two more coaches.

Glesgahibby
28-04-2016, 02:33 PM
The shed was brilliant before the lc final.
As folk have said,it's walking through that mob
To get to the game,unsure if that's a good idea?

hibs0666
28-04-2016, 03:03 PM
I would double check with the 100 Acres mate. They dinggied us and we have been there 6 times before and even tho we were the only bus there for the semi final.
They have a private function upstairs and they said its a ticket only for Hibs fans downstairs and they are charging for the tickets.
We had also confirmed it with the manager, only found out yesterday that we had been bumped when I phoned to confirm numbers!!!!

Yeah ive bought tickets for my bus.

hulk
28-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Does the Montfort or the International let in kids?
It did at the LC final - separate area set aside to the right as you come in for families

I'm_cabbaged
28-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Anyone going to the kings wood bowling club?

G B Young
29-04-2016, 09:17 AM

Crosshill is also close to Hampden but on the same line as Mount Florida. I think King's Park takes you into Central on a different line but unless there's some system for putting Rangers and Hibs fans on different trains I can't see there being anything other than lengthy queues and potential tension between the fans if you're heading back to the city centre via train. Personally I'd opt for keeping my Hibs colours covered up if possible and just walk back into town. Takes less than an hour for an able bodied adult and will probably end up quicker than waiting to get on a train. Or try to book a taxi to pick you up away from the vicinity of the stadium.

Green Man
29-04-2016, 10:17 PM
There are two different lines from Central to Kings Park, one via Mount Florida and one via Shawlands. In previous years there have been special trains going direct from Central to Kings Park so they may do those again.

Depending on when you're travelling, the journey planner gives you the option of coming in to Kings Park from the east, via Newton - it means 2 changes of train though.

cmcd
29-04-2016, 10:56 PM

Anyone going?

Peebles bus going again .Good fun