PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Coach @ EM

trev the hat
25-04-2016, 02:47 PM
I take it it's Dave Billows Stubbs has leaned on for a month ahead of our hectic schedule ?
Well respected & could be invaluable

Brightside
25-04-2016, 02:53 PM
I take it it's Dave Billows Stubbs has leaned on for a month ahead of our hectic schedule ?
Well respected & could be invaluable

Yes. But he can't work miracles. If you play the same 11 - 13 all season by the end of it the players will all be struggling.

Ozyhibby
25-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Don't we have a fitness coach already? Is this an admission of failure? Given how one paced we have looked, it would not surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
25-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Don't we have a fitness coach already? Is this an admission of failure? Given how one paced we have looked, it would not surprise me.

I don't believe we replaced Craig Flanagan who moved to Rangers last summer.

Scott Allan Key
25-04-2016, 04:32 PM
I don't believe we replaced Craig Flanagan who moved to Rangers last summer.

If true, you can forget all the theories on our poor form. That is a major fail.

brog
25-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Flanagan was head of sports science IIRC, Paul Green is our fitness & conditioning coach.

CapitalGreen
25-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Flanagan was head of sports science IIRC, Paul Green is our fitness & conditioning coach.

Craig was Head of Sports Science and Fitness.

Paul is Strength and Conditioning coach.

Ozyhibby
25-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Whatever happened, having to bring in someone else at this stage of the season means that there has been a failure somewhere with our fitness levels.

trev the hat
25-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Whatever happened, having to bring in someone else at this stage of the season means that there has been a failure somewhere with our fitness levels.

I think it's more to do with helping players recover as quick as possible in between games.
Giving advice on sleeping patterns, diet & nutrition etc.

Brightside
25-04-2016, 05:19 PM
He's just coming in to lend a hand. He's a pal of Stubbs...just another pair of eyes.

Ozyhibby
25-04-2016, 05:22 PM
I think it's more to do with helping players recover as quick as possible in between games.
Giving advice on sleeping patterns, diet & nutrition etc.

I was under the impression that this was already in place?

andrew70
25-04-2016, 05:56 PM
He worked under Moyes at Real Sociedad as well. The big problem is we could be playing wed, sat, wed for a while and the last two months have been much the same.

I wonder what difference he can make in the time he has left.

Ozyhibby
25-04-2016, 05:59 PM
He's just coming in to lend a hand. He's a pal of Stubbs...just another pair of eyes.

I'm not saying it's not a good thing, in fact I'm delighted because I don't think we look a very fit team at all and that is nothing to do with our schedule. It's been like that all season.

matty_f
25-04-2016, 06:01 PM
I'm not saying it's not a good thing, in fact I'm delighted because I don't think we look a very fit team at all and that is nothing to do with our schedule. It's been like that all season.

That's garbage, frankly. It's not been like that all season at all.

ancient hibee
25-04-2016, 06:16 PM

Absolute rubbish.We were so unfit that we ran the legs off Hearts in the first cup tie.What is wrong with our supporters that they constantly invent things so as to run down the club.

jacomo
25-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Absolute rubbish.We were so unfit that we ran the legs off Hearts in the first cup tie.What is wrong with our supporters that they constantly invent things so as to run down the club.

I think it's valid.

We made a slow start to the season. We weren't at the races in the training cup against Der Hun and performances weren't great in the League.

At the time, I speculated that an intensive pre-season might have tired the players, but would perhaps pay dividends come the business end of the season.

Well, here we are and our players look tired. Given our squad size, resources and facilities, we should look a lot sharper and stronger against most teams in this Division, most of the time.

stantonhibby
25-04-2016, 06:26 PM

Well said