PDA

View Full Version : Highlights of Morton game

JimBHibees
25-04-2016, 12:13 PM
Are these anywhere? Checked BBC and no highlights obvious. wouldn't minded seeing offside goal

flash
25-04-2016, 12:30 PM
The Sun has them but the offside goal didn't make the cut so we will die wondering.

stantonhibby
25-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Are these anywhere? Checked BBC and no highlights obvious. wouldn't minded seeing offside goal

Was on sportscene last night.....but was a pishy angle so pretty much impossible to tell.

The_Horde
25-04-2016, 12:40 PM
Was on sportscene last night.....but was a pishy angle so pretty much impossible to tell.

Nae replay either.

That's how these refs keep getting away with it.

brog
25-04-2016, 02:25 PM

WATCHED IT ON Hibs TV & it's very tight. I suspect the lino's view of the Morton player in RB position. who was possibly playing JC on, may have been obscured by both JC & Stokes. Interestingly that Morton player did not appeal for offside but ran back to defend the line.

ancient hibee
25-04-2016, 06:28 PM
I watched the semi on TV.There were two very close offside calls and the linesmen(think it was one each)got them wrong.It's a difficult job but I think the standard is worse than it has ever been.

SaulGoodman
25-04-2016, 07:00 PM
I watched the semi on TV.There were two very close offside calls and the linesmen(think it was one each)got them wrong.It's a difficult job but I think the standard is worse than it has ever been.

This new breed of manager that like to criticise the Referee at every opportunity doesn't help.

There's more pressure on the officials than ever these days.

Jonnyboy
25-04-2016, 07:06 PM
WATCHED IT ON Hibs TV & it's very tight. I suspect the lino's view of the Morton player in RB position. who was possibly playing JC on, may have been obscured by both JC & Stokes. Interestingly that Morton player did not appeal for offside but ran back to defend the line.

Watched Stubbs being interviewed for the sports slot on STV 6 o'clock news, B. He said he spoke to the official (not sure if he meant the ref or the lino) and was told "these decisions even themselves out over a season" :shocked:

Mr White
25-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Watched Stubbs being interviewed for the sports slot on STV 6 o'clock news, B. He said he spoke to the official (not sure if he meant the ref or the lino) and was told "these decisions even themselves out over a season" :shocked:
We're going to score a lot of penalties in the final then. Maybe a few offside goals too :greengrin

Jonnyboy
25-04-2016, 07:10 PM
We're going to score a lot of penalties in the final then. Maybe a few offside goals too :greengrin

:greengrin

mghibs
25-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Tbh amazed they could even compile highlights of that game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
25-04-2016, 07:51 PM

That has got to be a joke. :rotflmao:

Jonnyboy
25-04-2016, 09:02 PM
That has got to be a joke. :rotflmao:

You'd think so but Stubbs was serious :greengrin

wookie70
25-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Looked onside from my viewing of Hibs TV. Tight but looking at JC and their right back and their respective positions from the 18 yard line then I would say at worst level. I can't recall a season where so many big and bad decisions have went against us.

snooky
26-04-2016, 12:21 AM
Looked onside from my viewing of Hibs TV. Tight but looking at JC and their right back and their respective positions from the 18 yard line then I would say at worst level. I can't recall a season where so many big and bad decisions have went against us.
The season we got relegated was horrendous re. bad referreeing costing us vital points. To make matters worse, we only got relegated by a bawhair.

superfurryhibby
26-04-2016, 06:58 AM

I looked at the Hibs Tv footage too and Cummings was a clear yard offisde, unfortunately. Great finish though,

HibbyKeith
26-04-2016, 08:00 AM
I looked at the Hibs Tv footage too and Cummings was a clear yard offisde, unfortunately. Great finish though,

Opinions..

My take on the same footage is its too hard to really tell from the viewing angle. The defender closest to Jason makes him look a yard off, while the far side right back looks to be playing him on. As you've said it was a great finish .

Yet another decision against us this season though. If it wasn't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all.

monktonharp
26-04-2016, 10:06 AM
Watched Stubbs being interviewed for the sports slot on STV 6 o'clock news, B. He said he spoke to the official (not sure if he meant the ref or the lino) and was told "these decisions even themselves out over a season" :shocked:Well, let's hope we are playing The Rangers next season. we'll probably get a couple of 50/50 decisions at Ibrox, to even things out.:rolleyes:

spike220
26-04-2016, 11:59 AM

Highlights????

Did you not the score?

JimBHibees
26-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Highlights????

Did you not the score?

Ok highlight, the offside goal. From the bbc angle looked like he might just be off difficult to say though.