PDA

View Full Version : Premier division voting rights

Spike Mandela
25-04-2016, 09:36 AM
Whilst we are on the cusp of the latest incarnation of Rangers entering the top league I was wondering what the current voting ratios were for major decisions?

Previously major decisions required an 11/1 approval to pass which gave the bigot brothers the chance to stick together and veto anything not in their interest. It was a closed shop.

Surely in the four years since the previous Rangers died the clubs have at least managed to change it to a 10/2 pass rate.

Anyone able to clarify?

Phil MaGlass
25-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Whilst we are on the cusp of the latest incarnation of Rangers entering the top league I was wondering what the current voting ratios were for major decisions?

Previously major decisions required an 11/1 approval to pass which gave the bigot brothers the chance to stick together and veto anything not in their interest. It was a closed shop.

Surely in the four years since the previous Rangers died the clubs have at least managed to change it to a 10/2 pass rate.

Anyone able to clarify?

I think Aberdeen voted for it to stay the same as they thought they could benefit from it, I may be wrong of course.

Ozyhibby
25-04-2016, 09:39 AM

Anyone able to clarify?

Decisions are now made by the whole of the spfl now I think.

CockneyRebel
25-04-2016, 11:19 AM
I think Aberdeen voted for it to stay the same as they thought they could benefit from it, I may be wrong of course.

Correct. Aberdeen voted with Sellick to keep it the same.

seanshow
25-04-2016, 11:48 AM
As of 2016 the 11/1 voting structure for major changes like tv deals and the such are still in place, this was stated by Donkey on bbc sportsound.

Basically very little has changed since 2007? when the spl took a year to come to the conclusion that a 10 team league was the way forward.

...despite rumours of 18 team leagues and summer football, hehaw happened.