PDA

View Full Version : Dundee United

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Their decline has been a real shame. Scarily similar to ours under TB.

https://www.facebook.com/ScottishSunSport/videos/1060786187313403/

Auckland Hibs
24-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Their decline has been a real shame. Scarily similar to ours under TB.

Yes, very similar - sold too many decent players & replaced them with crap.

Don't mind DU to be honest, always had a fairly good welcome when having a few beers in Dundee before/after games.

Michael
24-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Got to say I'm somewhat enjoying their rapid decline - they were far too good for far too long.

SteveHFC
24-04-2016, 10:43 PM
Got to say I'm somewhat enjoying their rapid decline - they were far too good for far too long.

This.

high bee
24-04-2016, 10:44 PM
They're 8 behind with 12pts available, sure they've shown nothing to suggest they will do it but weve seen how the split can affect the league cause all the teams around each other are playing each other.

I'm not saying they will do, they won't cause the players have chucked the towel in and that looks like an acceptance of their fate today.

TheFamous1875
24-04-2016, 10:50 PM
Scottish football needs a strong Dundee United. :cb

The_Horde
25-04-2016, 12:11 AM
Yes, very similar - sold too many decent players & replaced them with crap.

Don't mind DU to be honest, always had a fairly good welcome when having a few beers in Dundee before/after games.

Apart from when they relegated us and gave us all sorts of smug abuse.

Hope they go doon and stay doon.

Hermit Crab
25-04-2016, 12:23 AM
They sold the family silver and now they are suffering because of it.

Dashing Bob S
25-04-2016, 12:49 AM
They really have to let that Matty Jack incident go. They haven't been the same club since.

Auckland Hibs
25-04-2016, 02:53 AM

There's far worse abuse been dished out than from DU & their fans, I don't mind them TBH.

HoboHarry
25-04-2016, 03:57 AM
What a strange comment. Just because they achieved some success (but without the financial doping that Hearts and Sevco were guilty of) you take pleasure in seeing them fall on their faces?

Peevemor
25-04-2016, 05:35 AM
What a strange comment. Just because they achieved some success (but without the financial doping that Hearts and Sevco were guilty of) you take pleasure in seeing them fall on their faces?

Depends what you mean by doping - Eddie Thompson chucked money at them for years.

Big L
25-04-2016, 05:48 AM
They have been a well run club for decades, always selling well and bringing thru lots of young players! The last two they sold to Celtic was a step to far, they didn't have the players to replace them this time. As for their chairman, you wouldn't follow him out of curiosity!

Keith_M
25-04-2016, 06:29 AM
Depends what you mean by doping - Eddie Thompson chucked money at them for years.

How much money did Thomson chuck at them?

Peevemor
25-04-2016, 07:07 AM
How much money did Thomson chuck at them?

£5.5m according to his son

My dad put in the first instalment of what has amounted to £5.5million in Dundee United over the last decade when they were flirting with relegation. That’s a lot of money and it effectively saved the club

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stephen-thompson-on-familys-dundee-united-1266626#bQYY6GceYG4XWlc5.97

sambajustice
25-04-2016, 07:12 AM
Hopefully get relegated, then relegated again.

Waxy
25-04-2016, 07:26 AM
Scottish football wont survive without Dundee utd in the top league.

Eyrie
25-04-2016, 07:40 AM

Probably because that result meant that they were safe because we were officially relegated. I think I'm still recovering from the resultant attempt to drown my sorrows.

What made it worse was that we opened the scoring through Brebner.

RoxburghHibs
25-04-2016, 07:50 AM

In truth I have to agree, that part of me is enjoying watching their decline. In my defence, I know two Dundee Utd fans, and they have always taken great delight in our clubs decline - they openly say Dundee Utd is a bigger club than Hibs which I just don't agree with.

Canon Hannan
25-04-2016, 08:09 AM
They sold their best players for profit. Their Acadamy had some internal issues and the club suffered. I feel sorry for their fans. They will recover as they have money behind them. But Killie would struggle.

Greencore
25-04-2016, 08:12 AM
Got no problem with Dundee United. Just people from Dundee supporting their local team when they could either Choose Celtc or the Rangers. They remind me of us with selling of their best talent. Good luck to them next season obviously not if we are still in this league..

SJM
25-04-2016, 08:21 AM
Have they not went from about 6 top 6 in a row to relegation? Their plight is actually worse than ours, least we where staring **** in the face for ages.

Can Dundee relegate them? That would be a hoot at Dens.

What happened to that youth coach that got punted after gardening leave? Surely worth a shout to sign him up at Easter Road when you see all the players they brought through and punted.

We could do a lot worse than Paul Paton too, sure we nearly signed him last season. Rankin too if we are still down here. Some engine in the middle of the park.

Big_Franck
25-04-2016, 08:31 AM

Agreed. I still remember their fans goading us after Olofsson scored at Easter Road to relegate us. I was looking forward to revenge in the play-offs but it looks like they've chucked it and will be going straight down. Up yaes.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-04-2016, 08:50 AM
Nae tears here.

Thecat23
25-04-2016, 09:02 AM
I was there when they put us down and I'll take great delight seeing them suffer! Crap team with crap fans.

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2016, 09:07 AM
Have they not went from about 6 top 6 in a row to relegation? Their plight is actually worse than ours, least we where staring **** in the face for ages.

Can Dundee relegate them? That would be a hoot at Dens.

What happened to that youth coach that got punted after gardening leave? Surely worth a shout to sign him up at Easter Road when you see all the players they brought through and punted.

We could do a lot worse than Paul Paton too, sure we nearly signed him last season. Rankin too if we are still down here. Some engine in the middle of the park.Fyvie, McGinn, Bartley and McGeouch are all much better players than Rankin, no thanks.

Diclonius
25-04-2016, 09:30 AM
Grew up in Carnoustie and have a few Dundee United supporting mates, so will be sad to see them go down. The OP is correct though, their decline has mirrored ours in that the owner was more than happy to pocket the profits from selling big players and replacing it with *****. They absolutely detest Thompson.

SJM
25-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Fyvie, McGinn, Bartley and McGeouch are all much better players than Rankin, no thanks.

Hardly showed it at hampden the second half when he ran the show and all of extra time!

Hibs90
25-04-2016, 09:33 AM
No thanks to Rankin. Might be a decent pro but he's utter garbage.

Sean1875
25-04-2016, 10:15 AM
went to uni in Dundee and can't say I have any issues with the club or their fans.. got a few mates that support them. will be a shame to see them go down! would much rather see Killie down, their old firm sympathising is brutal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2016, 10:35 AM
went to uni in Dundee and can't say I have any issues with the club or their fans.. got a few mates that support them. will be a shame to see them go down! would much rather see Killie down, their old firm sympathising is brutal

To be fair to the Killie fans they were furious at the club bending over to the currant buns ..... you cant blame a clubs fans for the shameful acts of its owners. Unless they willingly turn a blind eye to it of course ... they know who they are :greengrin

Peevemor
25-04-2016, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't call that financial doping tbh. A wealthy man ploughing his own money into the club he owns is a different scenario to what hearts and rangers ended up doing.
They both spent way beyond their owners' wealth, spending money they would never be able to pay back; stealing massively from hmrc, local businesses, etc etc.

I agree and I have no real problem with Dundee Utd.

However, they did live outwith their means for a few years and there were many on hear who were shouting for STF to follow Eddie Thompson's example.

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2016, 10:45 AM
Probably because that result meant that they were safe because we were officially relegated. I think I'm still recovering from the resultant attempt to drown my sorrows.

What made it worse was that we opened the scoring through Brebner.

I was there that day and it looked and sounded a hell of a lot more like revelling in our pain than a celebration of their team staying up if you ask me. I have a lot of time for Dundee Utd as a club, they have produced some fantastic to watch teams that would have attracted big crowds to ER if they had been Hibs teams.

But after the way their fans acted that day I'll laugh my arse off if Dundee relegate them next week .... some of us have long memories :greengrin

SJM
25-04-2016, 11:06 AM
To be fair to the Killie fans they were furious at the club bending over to the currant buns ..... you cant blame a clubs fans for the shameful acts of its owners. Unless they willingly turn a blind eye to it of course ... they know who they are :greengrin

Added to the fact they where managed by Locke and have about 5 former Jambos in their side including that sank hamill I really hope we relegate they chants.

Dashing Bob S
25-04-2016, 11:39 AM
Dundee United supplanted us as the go-to club of youth development in the late seventies, and our fortunes nose-dived after that, while they became a force.

In the last thirty years, you rarely have decent Hibs and Dundee United sides at the same time.

So while I've nothing against the club or its fans, I'm not going to lament its decline. Scottish football is a small pond and all clubs cannot be successful at the same time.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-04-2016, 11:50 AM
I like wee Ranks. Seems a genuinely good guy.

Tyler Durden
25-04-2016, 12:23 PM
Dundee Utds decline is similar to Hibs in the sense of appointing a disastrous manager. For Butcher see Mixu.

Mixu took over in October, there was plenty time to turn it around. He's had money and bought very poorly and also failed to make the best of the squad he had. Looks like the players have little respect for him either

Otherwise Utd haven't done much wrong. McNamara did a great job and they were hardly wrong to sell players. They made good money for players who had outgrown them - every other club in Scotland does the same.

Keyser Sauzee
25-04-2016, 12:38 PM
They really have to let that Matty Jack incident go. They haven't been the same club since.

What was the Matty Jack incident??

Ozyhibby
25-04-2016, 12:52 PM
I'm a bit worried that they appear to have had about a year to prepare for the championship.

DUX
25-04-2016, 12:58 PM
I like wee Ranks. Seems a genuinely good guy.

Nice touch when he went to a band of utd fans to show his emotions.

Was on Sportscene last night. Was pleasantly surprised to see Darren Jackson after the health problems looking well.

:flag:

Wilson
25-04-2016, 01:21 PM
I'm a bit worried that they appear to have had about a year to prepare for the championship.

Really? I don't think you would describe their side as prepared for anything. They weren't even prepared to put up a fight at home to Hamilton.

Weigh that up against our possible third attempt at being prepared for a promotion fight and I think we would have the edge.

DH1875
25-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Mixu will be gone and think they have something like 14 players out of contract in the summer. Will be a totally different team which starts next season for them.

HibernianJK
25-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Dundee Utds decline is similar to Hibs in the sense of appointing a disastrous manager. For Butcher see Mixu.

Mixu took over in October, there was plenty time to turn it around. He's had money and bought very poorly and also failed to make the best of the squad he had. Looks like the players have little respect for him either

Otherwise Utd haven't done much wrong. McNamara did a great job and they were hardly wrong to sell players. They made good money for players who had outgrown them - every other club in Scotland does the same.

Were United not seriously struggling before the appointment? Whereas we were sitting 7th (?) when Butcher took us over before a catastrophic collapse.

KeithTheHibby
25-04-2016, 01:34 PM
No sympathy from me.

Sold their best players at the drop of a hat with no investment being put back in the team, hard to feel sorry for them in any shape or form.

DUX
25-04-2016, 01:34 PM
Mixu will be gone and think they have something like 14 players out of contract in the summer. Will be a totally different team which starts next season for them.

Yes agree with you.

I was surprised at Mixu admitting on tv during interview that he had made mistakes and he looked beaten.

Not like the Mixu we remember.

Think too he will be gone and most of the players with him. Would'nt mind their midfielder Paul Paton or defender Paul Dixon for next season at ER.

lapsedhibee
25-04-2016, 02:21 PM
the Mixu we remember (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gUn9IRZoK0)

Hermit Crab
25-04-2016, 03:46 PM
What was the Matty Jack incident??

A very very dodgy last minute penalty for Hibs involving Matty Jack resulting in us winning 1-0. I think I've got that correct. :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
25-04-2016, 03:50 PM
A very very dodgy last minute penalty for Hibs involving Matty Jack resulting in us winning 1-0. I think I've got that correct. :greengrin

My memory is hazy but we won the penalty after Matty didn't give the ball back to them after they had put it out for an injury?

stantonhibby
25-04-2016, 03:51 PM

I think it was more to do with us not giving them the ball back at a throw in as their time wasting had reached epic proportions.

Michael
25-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Rankin did absolutely nothing for us. Often it would take a good 80 minutes to realise he was on the pitch. Maybe he did a bit better at United - but I can't believe anyone would want him back.

BroxburnHibee
25-04-2016, 03:57 PM
My memory is hazy but we won the penalty after Matty didn't give the ball back to them after they had put it out for an injury?

Yes it was Alan Combe who put it out as well :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgBQlenWbBk

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Hardly showed it at hampden the second half when he ran the show and all of extra time!Rankin done nothing special at Hampden, Fyvie was much better tbh.

He is the same garbage we released 5 years ago, our current midfield players are much better.

25-04-2016, 04:22 PM
Same story to us - sold all their best players and replaced them with rubbish.

Don't like them, especially not after that **** Houston and the whole Skacel 5-1 nonsense

Big_Franck
25-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Same story to us - sold all their best players and replaced them with rubbish.

Don't like them, especially not after that **** Houston and the whole Skacel 5-1 nonsense

I'd completely forgotten about that. All the more reason to enjoy the fact that they're struggling now.

RoxburghHibs
25-04-2016, 04:47 PM

It wasn't the penalty decision that got them angry. It was because it happened when they expected the ball to be returned.

However I recall their players were at it and clearly time wasting. We were correct not to return the ball and they got what they deserved that day.

eastterrace
25-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Probably because that result meant that they were safe because we were officially relegated. I think I'm still recovering from the resultant attempt to drown my sorrows. What made it worse was that we opened the scoring through Brebner. Justin skinner going off changed the game as we were pretty comfortable 1-0 at the time

Hibernia&Alba
25-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Like ourselves, they're a big club in Scottish terms and shouldn't be in this position. I've never had anything against them or their fans, and feel for them. We know what it's like!

Tangerine isn't a good look, however!

Tyler Durden
25-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Were United not seriously struggling before the appointment? Whereas we were sitting 7th (?) when Butcher took us over before a catastrophic collapse.

Yes you're right. Utd had 5 points from their first 9 games. Very different but my point was more that they'll be relegated due to bad management - not due to selling players and not reinvesting.

Mixu could have had a back 4 of Paul Dixon, Ryan McGowan, Souttar and Gunning or Dillon. He had Spittal, Rankin, Erskine, Dow, Billy McKay.

Then allowed to bring in Demel and Sinama-Pongolle plus a few others. They've had more than enough quality to stay up.

If you're a Scottish team selling players for £1-£2m+ then your replacements aren't going to be of the same quality. It doesn't mean your replacements are so bad to get you relegated - bad management

Zazu62
25-04-2016, 08:47 PM
What's the chances of both hibs and Dundee United being in the championship next season and hibs finishing behind Dundee United

flash
25-04-2016, 09:04 PM
What's the chances of both hibs and Dundee United being in the championship next season and hibs finishing behind Dundee United

You tell us.

Peanut Shaz
25-04-2016, 09:17 PM

The same chance as Hibs being in the Premiership and finishing above Hearts. Really. No need.

Bronson
25-04-2016, 09:37 PM
They're not my favourite club by any stretch of the imagination, but they have an admirable hatred for huns, and I respect that.

Danderhall Hibs
25-04-2016, 09:55 PM

Post on here the odds that the bookies offer you.

hibees 7062
26-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Mixu getting sacked if/when Utd go down

Hermit Crab
26-04-2016, 12:00 PM

The fans are calling for his head now, they are are in a worse state now than they were when JM was manager. They are one defeat from relegation and to make matters worse for them Dundee could relegate them as thats their next league match next Monday live on tv.

They sold their assets and never reinvested in the team, Thomson has waived his salary but its too late for gestures like that. The fans have had enough, protests after Sundays defeat to Hamilton, I expect big changes there in the summer.

eastmainsmsh
26-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Olofson killed us that Day

hibees 7062
26-04-2016, 12:06 PM
The fans are calling for his head now, they are are in a worse state now than they were when JM was manager. They are one defeat from relegation and to make matters worse for them Dundee could relegate them as thats their next league match next Monday live on tv.

They sold their assets and never reinvested in the team, Thomson has waived his salary but its too late for gestures like that. The fans have had enough, protests after Sundays defeat to Hamilton, I expect big changes there in the summer.

Big time , made a lot of money as well

Hermit Crab
26-04-2016, 12:07 PM

We lost 1-2, but this thread is about Dundee Utd going down and the state their in. Just like us a few years ago.

Ronniekirk
26-04-2016, 12:29 PM

Didn't go Spent a weekend in Dublin as just wanted to get away Spent some time in the Tempe Bar area with a bus load of Barnsley fans all decked out in colours and they were doing the same thing as they also got relegated
But agree united have paid the price for selling prize assets too quickly and mot brining ing in good enough quality in return
Thompson has made it clear he isnt investing in them like his father did so tend to think he may look to get out once down and squad will be cut back further until new investor /owner comes in
Mixu must of know how difficult a job that was He looks well scunnered when having these run in with players

lapsedhibee
26-04-2016, 12:30 PM

:agree: Mixu's finish.

Andy74
26-04-2016, 12:41 PM

Unless you do a Butcher and take a mid table team down I always think it's a bit harsh sacking someone who took over a team on the way down anyway. Usually there are good reasons they are down there that are difficult to turn round in a few months and one window.

Bronson
26-04-2016, 12:49 PM

Absolutely. Great guy is big Mixu, but a dreadful manager I'm afraid.

I think just about everyone knew it was a poor appointment, the cheap option taken once again by the DU board.

pacoluna
26-04-2016, 01:01 PM

I think just about everyone knew it was a poor appointment, the cheap option taken once again by the DU board.

He's certainly not a dreadful manager had Kilmarnock playing some great football and got us a top 6 Finish which was commendable giving we quickly deteriorated after.. and although he failed at Finland not many dreadful managers can say they managed on the international stage.

SJM
26-04-2016, 01:09 PM
He's certainly not a dreadful manager had Kilmarnock playing some great football and got us a top 6 Finish which was commendable giving we quickly deteriorated after.. and although he failed at Finland not many dreadful managers can say they managed on the international stage.
So he's failed at us Dundee Utd and Finland and you are basing him being decent on a season Kilmarnock?
He will be done as a manager after the Dundee disaster unfortunately.

pacoluna
26-04-2016, 01:17 PM
So he's failed at us Dundee Utd and Finland and you are basing him being decent on a season Kilmarnock?
He will be done as a manager after the Dundee disaster unfortunately.
Please explain how he failed with us? considering he resigned, Similar to yogi he was pushed out by the supporters who where inpatient and wanted similar success to mowbrays team with out the same quality of player not to dissimilar to dundee united who he took over when on an obvious slump.

SJM
26-04-2016, 01:31 PM
Please explain how he failed with us? considering he resigned, Similar to yogi he was pushed out by the supporters who where inpatient and wanted similar success to mowbrays team with out the same quality of player not to dissimilar to dundee united who he took over when on an obvious slump.

His brand of football was honkin and he quit because he couldn't take us any further forward. He was backed spending money on Bamba, Rankin and Riordan. Latterly it was punt the ball up to Nishy.

pacoluna
26-04-2016, 01:42 PM
His brand of football was honkin and he quit because he couldn't take us any further forward. He was backed spending money on Bamba, Rankin and Riordan. Latterly it was punt the ball up to Nishy.
We still haven't been taking any further forward.. he never signed rankin that was collins. Riordan finished top goal scorer and bamba player of the season.

SJM
26-04-2016, 01:59 PM
We still haven't been taking any further forward.. he never signed rankin that was collins. Riordan finished top goal scorer and bamba player of the season.

Nah Mixu signed him same time as Nish in the Jan.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we improved under Yogi there can be no doubt.

pacoluna
26-04-2016, 02:05 PM
Nah Mixu signed him same time as Nish in the Jan.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we improved under Yogi there can be no doubt.

My mistake colin nish wasn't half as bad as people made him out to be on this :tin hat:

CallumLaidlaw
26-04-2016, 02:11 PM
My mistake colin nish wasn't half as bad as people made him out to be on this :tin hat:

Nish was decent when he first came in, but his last season and a half he was woeful. Never seen a 6'4" striker only be 5' when he jumped.

pacoluna
26-04-2016, 02:19 PM
Nish was decent when he first came in, but his last season and a half he was woeful. Never seen a 6'4" striker only be 5' when he jumped.
as tall as he was it was never his strength he technically was a decent player who scored goals. as i'm sure has been mentioned a plenty amount of times before, he aint in the top ten spl goal scorers record for no reason.

monktonharp
26-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Scottish football needs a strong Dundee United. :cbfor what, exactly? massive latent support? some abusive ersehole barstewards over the years. hanging about near away supporters buse trying to frighten kids and aulder folk. . nae tears fae me about their gradual demise. should have happened several times over 10 years.

SJM
26-04-2016, 02:40 PM

Wasn't on here buddy but agree he was quality alongside Fletcher for a bit and was never a target man. He got to live the dream too.

Craig_in_Prague
26-04-2016, 02:41 PM
I had a score on them in the 2014 SC final.

So they can rot in hell, forever, if need be.
:)

monktonharp
Olofson killed us that Daybang on :wink:

Phil MaGlass
for what, exactly? massive latent support? some abusive ersehole barstewards over the years. hanging about near away supporters buse trying to frighten kids and aulder folk. . nae tears fae me about their gradual demise. should have happened several times over 10 years.

Think he was quoting some arse at the SFA

johnbc70
26-04-2016, 03:05 PM

My Utd supporting colleague reckons they could even drop down again next season to Division 1, he feels they are that poor.

Michael
26-04-2016, 03:18 PM
My Utd supporting colleague reckons they could even drop down again next season to Division 1, he feels they are that poor.

Some people here thought that about us. (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284739-Could-we-go-down-again)

hibees 7062
26-04-2016, 04:06 PM

Will he still get a pay off due to signing a 3 year deal ?

pacoluna
26-04-2016, 05:40 PM
Will he still get a pay off due to signing a 3 year deal ?

If Dundee United had won they would have been in the SC final and preparing for next season in cship.. which is a similar situation to us.. obviously I'm hoping we go up through the play offs though. But what's the difference other than mixus been in charge for half a season stubbs has been here for two.. it would be harsh for them to sack mixu in my opinion

Waxy
26-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Really?

Andy74
26-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Really?

It was a question.

If we are still in this league next year than there's every chance we could finish below United.

Looks like after 2yrs we could finish below Falkirk so it is fair to ask the question.

Waxy
26-04-2016, 06:13 PM
It was a question.

If we are still in this league next year than there's every chance we could finish below United.

Looks like after 2yrs we could finish below Falkirk so it is fair to ask the question.
Why not be more positive and say whats the chances of us giving Dumbarton a hiding tonight, winning the Scottish cup and going on to win promotion.

Michael
26-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Why not be more positive and say whats the chances of us giving Dumbarton a hiding tonight, winning the Scottish cup and going on to win promotion.

'cause we support Hibs.

Andy74
26-04-2016, 06:21 PM

It's a Dundee Utd thread and it was just a question. I doubt the team will be too traumatised by the post.

Waxy
26-04-2016, 06:27 PM
It's a Dundee Utd thread and it was just a question. I doubt the team will be too traumatised by the post.

Yes thats ok. But i'm traumatised by the post.

Zazu62
26-04-2016, 06:39 PM
Really?

Aye pal . Really . We canny even finish above Falkirk at the moment

Waxy
26-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Aye pal . Really . We canny even finish above Falkirk at the moment

That a fact?

Thecat23
26-04-2016, 07:44 PM
I'll be surprised if Utd don't go pop soon. As for Hibs they will finish well above them imo. Falkirk punched way above their weight and sometimes it happens with teams (Leicester) so folk using this to boot Hibs sometimes **** like this happens.

blackpoolhibs
26-04-2016, 07:48 PM
I'll be surprised if Utd don't go pop soon. As for Hibs they will finish well above them imo. Falkirk punched way above their weight and sometimes it happens with teams (Leicester) so folk using this to boot Hibs sometimes **** like this happens.

Why is it never us?

Thecat23
26-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Why is it never us?

That's a better question. I wish it was!

CropleyWasGod
26-04-2016, 07:52 PM
I'd be surprised if they did go pop. They did a deal with their bank recently, and, with the player sales, seem to be in an okay position financially.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thecat23
26-04-2016, 07:54 PM
I'd be surprised if they did go pop. They did a deal with their bank recently, and, with the player sales, seem to be in an okay position financially.

Really? I'm hearing they aren't in great shape at all. But I've no real idea about their finances so could be rubbish.

CropleyWasGod
26-04-2016, 07:59 PM
Really? I'm hearing they aren't in great shape at all. But I've no real idea about their finances so could be rubbish.
Dundee United: Tannadice club wipes out bank debt - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26079931

I realise that they have swapped bank debt for private debt, but they seem to be better than they were.

Del Boy
26-04-2016, 08:05 PM
Steven Thompson now looking to sell United.
He's not popular at all with Utd fans, "Thompson get to ****" chants at their game on Sunday.

Thecat23
26-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Dundee United: Tannadice club wipes out bank debt - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26079931

I realise that they have swapped bank debt for private debt, but they seem to be better than they were.

I knew they done that but what folk were saying was he's putting the club into admin which would then question were did the money go they got for all the players?

As I say could be rubbish though.

Northernhibee
26-04-2016, 08:32 PM
Why is it never us?

It was for a while under Yogi when it looked as if we could have challenged the old firm for the title (untill after Christmas, that is).

blackpoolhibs
26-04-2016, 08:52 PM
It was for a while under Yogi when it looked as if we could have challenged the old firm for the title (untill after Christmas, that is).

Aye but we hounded him out and got some crackers into replace him.