PDA

View Full Version : All out attack against Dumbarton

Wellbankhibby
24-04-2016, 08:51 PM
I feel we should try and Blitz Dumbarton from the start and put them under real pressure. We have to go for goals and reduce the goal Difference against Falkirk. Of course winning the game is important as you never know the pressures on Us and Falkirk on Sunday. I fancy our chances better than Falkirk as they are up against a stuffy defence in Morton. To be honest we have little to lose by all out attack.:flag:

IberianHibernian
24-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Agree totally . A couple of early goals and go for it . If we can win by 3 or 4 goals on Tuesday it`ll create a bit of interest for QOS game .

Hermit Crab
24-04-2016, 09:13 PM
8 goal swing needed, have to go for it against both Dumbarton and Qos.

IberianHibernian
24-04-2016, 09:25 PM
8 goal swing needed, have to go for it against both Dumbarton and Qos.
Yes but beat Dumbarton by 4 goals and you boost QOS crowd by at least a thousand , give our players confidence and maybe make Falkirk a bit nervous .

matty_f
24-04-2016, 09:29 PM
We have no choice, we have to get as many goals chalked up as possible.

The Yams put ten past Cowdenbeath - we need to be thinking along those lines.

Captain Trips
24-04-2016, 09:30 PM
3rd and Stubbs for me has a major mark against him IMO. We need now to score plenty of goals or hope Falkirk slip. If Falkirk do not slip then you need to add at least one goal onto their tally. Hibs would need to be looking at scoring 8 to 9 goals in 2 matches.

Only option is all out attack.

Hibby70
24-04-2016, 09:32 PM
What makes anyone think we can do this???

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-04-2016, 09:33 PM
We should be aiming to stick 6 past these clowns. So I'll predict 2-1 [emoji21]

Captain Trips
24-04-2016, 09:36 PM
What makes anyone think we can do this???

There is nothing to suggest we can do this whatsoever, reduced to hope in Division 1, shocking stuff me thinks.

marinello59
24-04-2016, 09:42 PM
There is nothing to suggest we can do this whatsoever, reduced to hope in Division 1, shocking stuff me thinks.

There's plenty to suggest we can do this.

Col2
24-04-2016, 09:45 PM
We don't score many goals just now and don't create much. Would need a very attack minded side to hope to get a few goals and runs risk of sucker punch. Falkirk are no certainties to win so it's a balance of risk I guess.

Me? I would put 3 up front and push up and take chances.

Captain Trips
24-04-2016, 09:48 PM

There isnt really 2 gubbings need handed out in a row, one against a not bad team. Our best bet is Falkirk failing to win.

Lancs Harp
24-04-2016, 09:49 PM
Argentina Peru'78 all over again http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

hibs0666
24-04-2016, 09:54 PM

This is typical Hibs supporter negativity - heard it for decades now and it does my thrupennies.

The time to decide if the outcome is shocking or not is at the end of May, not before.

Try getting behind the team, minus the booing crap of course.

Sir David Gray
24-04-2016, 09:56 PM

Can I ask what that is?

We haven't won a match by more than one goal for two months.

Captain Trips
24-04-2016, 10:02 PM
This is typical Hibs supporter negativity - heard it for decades now and it does my thrupennies.

The time to decide if the outcome is shocking or not is at the end of May, not before.

Try getting behind the team, minus the booing crap of course.

Ok so not to comment on the season until its at end, lets close the board down then until after last match? So not once ever have you been dissapointed with how things are going during a season or been happy with how its going as the season hadnt reached end so you couldnt be unhappy or happy until our final standing? never predicted anything?

Aye reduced to hope as of today before the final outcome is IMO shocking and that is what it is hope. We have 2 games left looking like we need to score over 8 goals to finish 2nd. Wether we do it or not it is shocking to be in that position for me, maybe not you but I think it is.

Hi Heid Yin
24-04-2016, 10:08 PM
I don't recall the last time we won by 5 or 6 goals in a league game.
We surely must be due a barrowload at some point, so why not against Dumbarton?.....but then again, their 2 defensive banks of 5 might just prevent us running up more than 1 or 2 max.

Captain Trips
24-04-2016, 10:15 PM
I do though think if they all click we do have the players to hand out a gubbing, commit folk forward may mean we get caught on break but lets try it. Get big Gunnarson up there.

MWHIBBIES
24-04-2016, 10:16 PM
What makes anyone think we can do this???This is football, that is enough.

greenlex
24-04-2016, 10:20 PM
I'd go 2 5 3 and give it s right good go. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. CHARGE!!!!!!!!

Captain Trips
24-04-2016, 10:23 PM
I'd go 2 5 3 and give it s right good go. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. CHARGE!!!!!!!!

Big Logan up front if he isnt in goals....hooooooof

hibs0666
24-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Ok so not to comment on the season until its at end, lets close the board down then until after last match? So not once ever have you been dissapointed with how things are going during a season or been happy with how its going as the season hadnt reached end so you couldnt be unhappy or happy until our final standing? never predicted anything?

Aye reduced to hope as of today before the final outcome is IMO shocking and that is what it is hope. We have 2 games left looking like we need to score over 8 goals to finish 2nd. Wether we do it or not it is shocking to be in that position for me, maybe not you but I think it is.

As I say, typical Hibs supporter negativity.

greenlex
24-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Big Logan up front if he isnt in goals....hooooooof

Guaranteed hat trick.

Captain Trips
24-04-2016, 10:29 PM
As I say, typical Hibs supporter negativity.

I will say typical negativity towards support.

Captain Trips
24-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Guaranteed hat trick.

Dont be ridiculous a hatrick.

At least 4 for the big man.

high bee
24-04-2016, 10:33 PM
Dont be ridiculous a hatrick.

At least 4 for the big man.

Then dropped for the next game.

Andy74
24-04-2016, 11:03 PM

Such as?

Dashing Bob S
25-04-2016, 12:52 AM
Such as?

Our fabulous record this season against Dumbarton. They will be so nervous at facing our firepower they will capitulate easily.

blackpoolhibs
25-04-2016, 06:38 AM
I predict we will wi 6-0 against Dumbarton them 5-0 against QOS, but with our luck falkirk will win 5-0 against Morton. :greengrin

I also predict we will win the play off against Raith and Falkirk, but i'm not predicting the next game as we will be absolutely knackered by then.

And with the cup final in between both games, its impossible to know what we will be like with injuries or even suspension?

Tom Hart RIP
25-04-2016, 06:47 AM
Didn't queen it the Sourh beat them 6-0 recently. Hopefully the players will be in party mood after staying up