PDA

View Full Version : So Warburton, the stats tell you everything you need to know, eh?

Hi Heid Yin
24-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Leicester City 38% possession
Swansea City 62% possession

Result: Leicester City 4 Swansea City 0

Put that in yer pipe Warburton and choke on it!

Libby Hibby
24-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Respectfully, he comes across as a big, hot, steaming, smelly, curled out, brown turd 💩

Hi Heid Yin
24-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Respectfully, he comes across as a big, hot, steaming, smelly, curled out, brown turd 

Arrogant to boot!

Bostonhibby
24-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Every time I see and hear him I am convinced he is slowly but surely morphing into Terry butcher.

Betty Boop
24-04-2016, 06:05 PM
I think he's done a good job at Rangers to be honest. Don't get all the hatred on here these days.

Col2
24-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Every time I see and hear him I am convinced he is slowly but surely morphing into Terry butcher.

He does look like he has aged a lot over past 12 months. He needs a holiday and so do his rancid players. I have a feeling they are on auto pilot at the moment and may find it difficult to bounce back into top gear. Unfortunately for us we move between 1st and 2nd gear despite the importance of our position.

Eyrie
24-04-2016, 06:43 PM
I think he's done a good job at Rangers to be honest. Don't get all the hatred on here these days.

Because of one result against their fellow travellers?

Give his budget, I could manage Sevco to the second tier title and that's despite the fact that I'd ensure they lost four games. I'd have to hope they don't work out why until after the cup final though.

The test for Warburton will be how they get on next season in the top division. The Yams have finished third with ease, which will be the realistic minimum that would be acceptable. Sevco won't catch Celtc in year one, and will face stiff opposition from Aberdeen and the Yams so second would be a good result.

Jack Hackett
24-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Because of one result against their fellow travellers?

Give his budget, I could manage Sevco to the second tier title and that's despite the fact that I'd ensure they lost four games. I'd have to hope they don't work out why until after the cup final though.

The test for Warburton will be how they get on next season in the top division. The Yams have finished third with ease, which will be the realistic minimum that would be acceptable. Sevco won't catch Celtc in year one, and will face stiff opposition from Aberdeen and the Yams so second would be a good result.

....aren't you forgetting someone...maybe a team that's beaten both of those this season? :wink:

....not forgetting the zombies themselves a couple of times

Eyrie
24-04-2016, 06:57 PM
....aren't you forgetting someone...maybe a team that's beaten both of those this season? :wink:

....not forgetting the zombies themselves a couple of times

Good catch!

Although you're more optimistic than I am right now.

Gerard
24-04-2016, 06:57 PM
He is doing a decent job at his club. When we play them in the Scottish Cup final they can have the majority of possession: as long as we win the game.:wink:

Jack Hackett
24-04-2016, 07:02 PM
Good catch!

Although you're more optimistic than I am right now.

I did say 'maybe' :greengrin

Jim44
24-04-2016, 08:03 PM

I don't think many would dispute the decent job he's done this season, albeit aided and abetted by our miserable ability to compete for the latter part of the season. I think the 'hatred', perversely enough, is the result of his lack of respect for other teams.

Hi Heid Yin
24-04-2016, 10:02 PM
I don't think many would dispute the decent job he's done this season, albeit aided and abetted by our miserable ability to compete for the latter part of the season. I think the 'hatred', perversely enough, is the result of his lack of respect for other teams.

Yes, and we are one of those other teams. His constant bleating about possession stats after both our wins against his lot really grates. No credit given to our boys whatsoever.
Imagine Alan Stubbs bleating about possession stats after all the games we dominated possession-wise but failed to win. We'd be sick to death of hearing it and we'd point out that it's goals that win games.

chrisski33
24-04-2016, 11:12 PM
Leicester City 38% possession
Swansea City 62% possession

Result: Leicester City 4 Swansea City 0

Put that in yer pipe Warburton and choke on it!

well sadly warburton has done one thing that our current manager has done in his first season iin charge nd that is get his team promoted. can laugh all we want but hes had the last laugh and if we arent careful he will in may again

jgl07
24-04-2016, 11:50 PM
well sadly warburton has done one thing that our current manager has done in his first season iin charge nd that is get his team promoted. can laugh all we want but hes had the last laugh and if we arent careful he will in may again
He hasn't had the last laugh yet. In any event you cannot have the last laugh twice. The Cup Final will determine who has the last laugh. Typical negative crap that seems to pervade this site at the moment.

Hibs have not failed to win promotion unless you know something we do not

I am sure that if Hibs had anything like the playing budget that Sevco have (but cannot afford) Hibs would be promoted and would win the Cup?

mjhibby
24-04-2016, 11:55 PM
The stats for shots on target in the bigger games are more relevant. Any manager quoting stats when they lose are merely showing they didnt read the game correctly. We've all seen hibs totally dominate games and not put teams away. It's finding a way to win what shows us the better managers.

chrisski33
25-04-2016, 06:42 AM
He hasn't had the last laugh yet. In any event you cannot have the last laugh twice. The Cup Final will determine who has the last laugh. Typical negative crap that seems to pervade this site at the moment.

I am sure that if Hibs had anything like the playing budget that Sevco have (but cannot afford) Hibs would be promoted and would win the Cup?
Typical negative stuff that pervades this site? Maybe if the team gave us results against teams like alloa, morton and dumbarton and not having the prospect of finishishing behind falkirk and then having to play extra game in the play offs folk wouldnt be so negative.
Again warbuton has done what was asked and got his team promoted. Our manager hasnt yet and isnt a guarentee he will. Budgets or not our squad is large enough and good enough. Falkirk have a smaller budget and seem to be in a better position.

Toldo123
25-04-2016, 06:59 AM

Our budget dwarfes that of Falkirk and more than likely we will not finish above them.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
26-04-2016, 08:46 PM
So, Warburton, do the stats tell us all that we need to know about yet another game?
What do you have to say this time?

Livingston 35% possession
The Rangers 65% possession

Result:
Livingston 1 The Rangers 0

Do you not think, Warburton, that the little matter of putting the ball in the net tells us all we need to know?

Bostonhibby
26-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Our budget dwarfes that of Falkirk and more than likely we will not finish above them.

Not sure I follow that logic to be honest, if you look at the tens of millions of other peoples money that we now know that the yams had available how come they ended up with only a couple of tainted Scottish cups and nearly going out of business to show for it? not to mention all the teams that finished above them during those years that never had that cash "windfall".

Toldo123
26-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Not sure I follow that logic to be honest, if you look at the tens of millions of other peoples money that we now know that the yams had available how come they ended up with only a couple of tainted Scottish cups and nearly going out of business to show for it? not to mention all the teams that finished above them during those years that never had that cash "windfall".
The point I was making was that the poster had said if we had a similar to budget to rangers then we would inevitably finish above them. I was pointing out that nothing is guaranteed using us and Falkirk as an example.

Ronniekirk
26-04-2016, 09:04 PM

But can he iron , thats the teal question green grin

Bostonhibby
26-04-2016, 09:07 PM
The point I was making was that the poster had said if we had a similar to budget to rangers then we would inevitably finish above them. I was pointing out that nothing is guaranteed using us and Falkirk as an example.

:aok: Fair comment from you

Colr
26-04-2016, 09:10 PM

Let's hope he does.

dangermouse
27-04-2016, 12:44 PM
Hibernian 66% possession 20 shots 9 on target
Dumbarton 34% possession 5 shots 1 on target

Final score Hibernian 4 Dumbarton 0

That's the way to do it Warburton ya welt :greengrin

Betty Boop
27-04-2016, 12:46 PM
But can he iron , thats the teal question green grin

?

Ozyhibby
27-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Here's a stat.
Warburton 80pts in 35 (+54 GD) games in Championship = managerial genius the likes have not been seen since Fergie and Clough.
Ronny Delia 77 pts in 34 games (+53 GD) in premiership = worst manager in History (excluding Butcher)

Such is the Scottish press love affair with the new club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
27-04-2016, 02:20 PM
Here's a stat.
Warburton 80pts in 35 (+54 GD) games in Championship = managerial genius the likes have not been seen since Fergie and Clough.
Ronny Delia 77 pts in 34 games (+53 GD) in premiership = worst manager in History (excluding Butcher)

Such is the Scottish press love affair with the new club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But Delia didn't win the Petrofac Cup for Celtc. In fact they didn't even qualify.:wink:

greenginger
27-04-2016, 02:47 PM
The only match of any importance to Sevco this season is the cup final, yet Warburton puts out a team against Livi with Ball, O'Halloran and King in the starting line up , none of whom can play in the final.

Mr White
27-04-2016, 08:39 PM
75% possession for bayern munich tonight as they lose 1 nil in madrid. I'm not sure if bayern have a replacement for pep lined up yet, if not maybe warbs might chuck his magic hat into the ring :greengrin