PDA

View Full Version : Locked thread .. which club do you dislike the most

NAE NOOKIE
24-04-2016, 09:20 AM
I know that the admins get jittery when threads take the path that one did ..... could you not move it to the holy ground rather than shutting it though?

There are a few ..... a very few thankfully .... people around this club who need to be allowed enough rope to hang themselves and one of them was well on the way before the thread was locked.

Canon Hannan
24-04-2016, 09:24 AM
I know that the admins get jittery when threads take the path that one did ..... could you not move it to the holy ground rather than shutting it though?

There are a few ..... a very few thankfully .... people around this club who need to be allowed enough rope to hang themselves and one of them was well on the way before the thread was locked.

It was a wise idea to close it down. Some people were not covering themselves in glory.

hibee_nation
24-04-2016, 09:32 AM

Best to shut it down before you made a bigger fool of yourself

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2016, 09:33 AM
It's a shame when any thread has to be closed because a few folk start getting personal. We can agree or disagree, but the key is to criticise the post and not the poster, and to report anything you feel is abusive. Easy to say when one isn't in the heat of the moment, but we should all be able to make our point without going down the path of personal animosity :aok:

Pretty Boy
24-04-2016, 09:35 AM
There's been 2 threads closed this week because people started hurling personal insults rather than debating the point.

Play the ball, not the man.

NAE NOOKIE
24-04-2016, 09:48 AM
It was a wise idea to close it down. Some people were not covering themselves in glory.

Best to shut it down before you made a bigger fool of yourself

There's been 2 threads closed this week because people started hurling personal insults rather than debating the point.

Yeh, you can say that again Canon ........ Get a thread started on the Holy ground and I'll be happy to defend my position on the topic at hand until the cows come home.

HN .... Feel free to join in ... we'll see how many folk want Hibs taken down the road CH wants.

PB ...... I only get personal when folk tell blatant lies and twist what I said to suit their own agenda, have another look at the thread and you'll see what I mean.

DUX
24-04-2016, 09:54 AM

To Keekaboo!

Why do you feel the need to call people a 'Yam' because you don't like their posts.

Are you the Yamfinder General on here eh?

I've been a Hibee for over 40 years and yet called a 'Yam' because I believe in reason, human rights and equality, cheers Keekaboo!

:flag:

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2016, 09:57 AM
Yeh, you can say that again Canon ........ Get a thread started on the Holy ground and I'll be happy to defend my position on the topic at hand until the cows come home.

PB ...... I only get personal when folk tell blatant lies and twist what I said to suit their own agenda, have another look at the thread and you'll see what I mean.

If you feel that has happened, mate, report it. I know that's easy to say afterwards, and we've all probably typed things in anger, without thinking; but engaging in personal abuse, going away from the issue, never ends well. Thread over, when The Rangers were miles ahead as the most disliked club :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
24-04-2016, 10:08 AM
If you feel that has happened, mate, report it. I know that's easy to say afterwards, and we've all probably typed things in anger, without thinking; but engaging in personal abuse, going away from the issue, never ends well. Thread over, when The Rangers were miles ahead as the most disliked club :greengrin

I know H&A ..... but I prefer to stand up for myself. Have a look at his last post before the thread was closed, that is exactly why I object so strongly to folk who think like him ..... they will drag this club and its supporters back to a time 30 years ago we worked so very hard to leave behind us.

DUX
24-04-2016, 10:16 AM
I know H&A ..... but I prefer to stand up for myself. Have a look at his last post before the thread was closed, that is exactly why I object so strongly to folk who think like him ..... they will drag this club and its supporters back to a time 30 years ago we worked so very hard to leave behind us.

I've not been on Hibs.net very long and already been slandered as being a 'Yam' by a long time poster on here without him backing it up without any evidence whatsoever of me being one. I think people need to calm down a bit. Make a good point without feeling the need to be rude to one another?

superfurryhibby
24-04-2016, 11:37 AM

I would credit most fans with enough savvy for them not to be dragged anywhere they don't want to go.

DH1875
24-04-2016, 12:24 PM
I've not been on Hibs.net very long and already been slandered as being a 'Yam' by a long time poster on here without him backing it up without any evidence whatsoever of me being one. I think people need to calm down a bit. Make a good point without feeling the need to be rude to one another?

Don't worry about it. Everyone's a yam for their first couple of hundred posts :greengrin

DUX
24-04-2016, 01:35 PM
Don't worry about it. Everyone's a yam for their first couple of hundred posts :greengrin

:thumbsup:

Hibs Class is 100% Pure Class

Hermit Crab
24-04-2016, 01:38 PM
To Keekaboo!

Why do you feel the need to call people a 'Yam' because you don't like their posts.

I've been a Hibee for over 40 years and yet called a 'Yam' because I believe in reason, human rights and equality, cheers Keekaboo!

Yes from his Gestapo headquarters in Germany. He's not the only one, I've been called a yam by a few for years now.... You get used to it.

DUX
24-04-2016, 01:46 PM
He' not the only one, I've been called a yam by a few for a few years now.... You get used to it.

Cheers HC :agree:

Lago
24-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Yes from his Gestapo headquarters in Germany. He's not the only one, I've been called a yam by a few for years now.... You get used to it.
Yip, I've found it's used by some on here when they fail to prevail in a discussion or argument they are involved in. You know youve won when the yam insult is launched against you. Love it.

Canon Hannan
24-04-2016, 03:24 PM
I would credit most fans with enough savvy for them not to be dragged anywhere they don't want to go.

Brilliant answer SFH. He offends many Hibs fans and doesn't even know it!

Beefster
24-04-2016, 03:43 PM
To Keekaboo!

I think what happens is someone joins and is instantly stirring it up, being argumentative, makes the same points multiple times and gets mildly hysterical most of the time, it's easy to think they are either a troll or a Hearts fan on a hilariously witty windup.

It took me years to become the opinionated, offensive, obstreperous prick on here that I am today. It took you less than 24 hours.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-04-2016, 03:50 PM
It took me years to become the opinionated, offensive, obstreperous prick on here that I am today. It took you less than 24 hours.

Ouch! :-)

Libby Hibby
24-04-2016, 03:50 PM
To Keekaboo!

Not doubting you DUX but I do notice that anyone who gets called a Yam on here very rarely attend games anymore but back their claim up by having been a Hibby for over 40 years or so.

BH Hibs
24-04-2016, 03:57 PM
I think what happens is someone joins and is instantly stirring it up, being argumentative, makes the same points multiple times and gets mildly hysterical most of the time, it's easy to think they are either a troll or a Hearts fan on a hilariously witty windup.

:faf:

Lago
24-04-2016, 04:06 PM
Not doubting you DUX but I do notice that anyone who gets called a Yam on here very rarely attend games anymore but back their claim up by having been a Hibby for over 40 years or so.
Ah the I am an uber fan, your not insult.:rolleyes:

green day
24-04-2016, 04:09 PM

Yep.They are also so bloody obviously not a hibs fan, lapsed or not.

The glee with which they hit .net after a poor result is only made more obvious by their total absence when we have a good win (e.g. over the tax cheating gunts).

Keith_M
24-04-2016, 04:12 PM

Sssssh, don't tell everybody where it is!

:tsk tsk:

By the way, I've never thought you were a Yam, just DUX.

Libby Hibby
24-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Yep.They are also so bloody obviously not a hibs fan, lapsed or not.

The glee with which they hit .net after a poor result is only made more obvious by their total absence when we have a good win (e.g. over the tax cheating gunts).

Like I said, not specifically calling out DUX but it always surprises me the longevity of time that one is a Hibs fan and it usually doubles up with them not attending games anymore.

Keith_M
24-04-2016, 04:21 PM
To Keekaboo!

You just joined the site this month and immediately got involved in almost every controversial debate.

You started a post asking how we should celebrate our cup win, an ideal topic for kickbackers to claim we think we've won it already and oh how funny it'll be when we fail, as usual.

You jumped on one poster's fairly innocuous post about Ann Budge, calling him a sexist so-and-so. A total over-reaction that only an over-sensitive hearts fan would have.

You used the phrase 'Not Hibs Class', yet another line that Kickbackers enjoy taking the p1ss out of.

Is that enough reasons for you?

Libby Hibby
24-04-2016, 04:35 PM
You just joined the site this month and immediately got involved in almost every controversial debate.

You started a post asking how we should celebrate our cup win, an ideal topic for kickbackers to claim we think we've won it already and oh how funny it'll be when we fail, as usual.

You jumped on one poster's fairly innocuous post about Ann Budge, calling him a sexist so-and-so. A total over-reaction that only an over-sensitive hearts fan would have.

You used the phrase 'Not Hibs Class', yet another line that Kickbackers enjoy taking the p1ss out of.

Is that enough reasons for you?

AND he non attends but been a Hibby for over 40 years or so haha

HNA2
24-04-2016, 05:20 PM
As we have asked numerous times recently instead of name calling and accusations, use the report post function. I'm locking this thread.