PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Play-Offs 2016

Waxy
24-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Didn't know the first leg has already been played
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36092511

greenginger
24-04-2016, 09:24 AM
The winners will be playing East Stirling in the decider.

I will be a little bit sorry if East Stirling drop out the leagues. Firs Park 1964 was one of my first away games without any adults in charge.

A 3 - 1 win as well :thumbsup:

Waxy
24-04-2016, 09:34 AM
The winners will be playing East Stirling in the decider.

I will be a little bit sorry if East Stirling drop out the leagues. Firs Park 1964 was one of my first away games without any adults in charge.

A 3 - 1 win as well :thumbsup:Think they're hoping to build a ground in Grangemouth soon too.

Sergey
24-04-2016, 09:51 AM
Think they're hoping to build a ground in Grangemouth soon too.

They're hoping to develop the land that lies between the Inchyra Hotel and Grangemouth Golf Club for a multi-use facility. Not sure where the funding is coming from, but it's seemingly been approved at the planning stage.

The stadium will be closer to the BP than Falkirk Stadium so safety concerns obviously aren't an issue.

Waxy
30-04-2016, 10:21 AM
Edinburgh City 3-0 up with the second leg today v Cove. Formality.

SlickShoes
30-04-2016, 10:33 AM
East Stirling have finished bottom so many times and never had to worry about the drop. We have so many dire teams around the central belt I can't help but think having less better supported teams would actually be better.

Within a 25 minute drive of my house I have, Stirling Albion, East Stirling, Stenhousemuir, Alloa, Falkirk. It's a bit overkill for such a lowly populated area despite most of them being in different towns.

marinello59
30-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Edinburgh City 3-0 up with the second leg today v Cove. Formality.

With home advantage they should do it.
I was at the first leg and to be honest the first two goals were against the run of play up until that point. Coves heads went down then and they never really did much for the rest of the game. The main difference in the second half though was Joe Mbu, he was simply outstanding at the back.
It may be more than a formality today though.

SJM
30-04-2016, 11:02 AM
Good luck the City club - hope they come up and finally get rid of East Stirling. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-04-2016, 11:15 AM
East Stirling have finished bottom so many times and never had to worry about the drop. We have so many dire teams around the central belt I can't help but think having less better supported teams would actually be better.

Within a 25 minute drive of my house I have, Stirling Albion, East Stirling, Stenhousemuir, Alloa, Falkirk. It's a bit overkill for such a lowly populated area despite most of them being in different towns.
I don't think that supporters of those teams would agree and really it is a point of view and where you see it from. We certainly didn't agree when someone suggested that Edinburgh only needed one club.

cabbageandribs1875
30-04-2016, 11:16 AM
Mmmm, some trivia

East Stirlingshire's official date of formation was in 1881,[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Stirlingshire_F.C.#cite_note-East_Stirlingshire_SPFL-1) but its origins can be traced to the previous year when a local cricket club called Bainsford Bluebonnetsformed a football team under the name Britannia.

the falkirk huns :greengrin

In 1938–39 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1938%E2%80%9339_in_Scottish_football), the final season before the league was suspended due to World War II (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II), East Stirlingshire finished second-bottom of the league, ahead of only Edinburgh City (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_City_F.C.), but despite finishing low, Malcolm Morrison became the club's highest league goalscorer in a single season with 36 goals

mon the city team in the play-off

SlickShoes
30-04-2016, 11:39 AM
I don't think that supporters of those teams would agree and really it is a point of view and where you see it from. We certainly didn't agree when someone suggested that Edinburgh only needed one club.

Aye I know it just seems crazy for such a low population area to have so many clubs, sure two of them ground share as well.

The new pyramid system will be worrying both stirling teams for sure.

Diclonius
30-04-2016, 11:43 AM
East Stirling are the luckiest club in the ****ing world. For years they've had no ambition and systematically not bothered to spend any money as they knew they were safe. It's about time they actually experienced relegation.

CropleyWasGod
30-04-2016, 11:53 AM
Aye I know it just seems crazy for such a low population area to have so many clubs, sure two of them ground share as well.

The new pyramid system will be worrying both stirling teams for sure.
There's only one team in Stirling, no?
Two in Stenhousemuir, though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

SJM
30-04-2016, 12:21 PM
East Stirling are the luckiest club in the ****ing world. For years they've had no ambition and systematically not bothered to spend any money as they knew they were safe. It's about time they actually experienced relegation.

Correct.

Northernhibee
30-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Would have liked to seen Cove go up, their manager John Sheran lost his father hours after they won the league. Horrible and would be nice if he could have something to celebrate.

ScottB
30-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Would have liked to seen Cove go up, their manager John Sheran lost his father hours after they won the league. Horrible and would be nice if he could have something to celebrate.

I thought the Highland sides were rather 'ambivalent' to the thought of being promoted to the national leagues?

Jonnyboy
30-04-2016, 01:51 PM
Am at Meadowbank. Decent wee crowd. Cove Rangers playing in blue as you might expect so one more reason to back City :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
30-04-2016, 02:03 PM
Am at Meadowbank. Decent wee crowd. Cove Rangers playing in blue as you might expect so one more reason to back City :greengrin

LTECF :wink::greengrin

Northernhibee
30-04-2016, 02:03 PM
I thought the Highland sides were rather 'ambivalent' to thought of being promoted to the national leagues?

I know a few Cove fans, they'd love it. Brilliant wee club.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-04-2016, 02:10 PM
I know a few Cove fans, they'd love it. Brilliant wee club.

Probably depends in part on where your club's based. Cove are not as distant from the central belt as some of the other Highland League clubs who may feel too much travelling would be involved. Having said that, Cove to Annan, for example, would still be a fair journey!

Nevi_SOL
30-04-2016, 02:45 PM
City
9m9 minutes ago
City ‏@EdinburghCityFC
Goal! Dougie Gair nicks in between defender and keeper to score chipping it in.

City 1-0 Cove

Edson Arantes
30-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Good luck the City club - hope they come up and finally get rid of East Stirling. :agree:

:thumbsup:

Arch Stanton
30-04-2016, 04:15 PM

I always remember the candidate for 'shortest book ever' - "East Stirling - The Glory Years"

SJM
30-04-2016, 04:40 PM
What's the final score?

ACLeith
30-04-2016, 04:43 PM
What's the final score?

1-1

NAE NOOKIE
30-04-2016, 04:50 PM
I always remember the candidate for 'shortest book ever' - "East Stirling - The Glory Years"

There is a very good book about East Stirling by Jeff Connor appropriately entitled 'Pointless' ... funny as anything in places and well worth a read :aok:

SJM
30-04-2016, 05:34 PM
1-1

Cheers mate.

Nevi_SOL
30-04-2016, 06:12 PM
When do Edinburgh city play east Stirling

CallumLaidlaw
30-04-2016, 06:17 PM
When do Edinburgh city play east Stirling

First leg is a week today at 3pm in Edinburgh

marinello59
30-04-2016, 06:24 PM
1-1

Nice one. Job done.

Pete
30-04-2016, 06:39 PM
Poor East Stirling, so much hate.
I'm kind of rooting for them now. :thumbsup:

ACLeith
30-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Rod spotted at the game today. Transfer in the offing? Or just in his SFA role?

LustForLeith
30-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Been to see East Stirling play quite a few times over the years. Some characters at the club and even although they're usually bottom they take a great amount of pride in what they do.

One of my favourite ever goals was Iain Diack scoring against Arbroath a few years ago, great one touch football with Diack slotting home from a seemingly impossible angle. They went on to a rare 3-1 win.

Also like City, wouldn't grudge them coming up.