PDA

View Full Version : Away Form

Big_Franck
23-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Below are the results from our last 7 Championship away games.

Morton 0-0 Hibernian
Alloa Athletic 1-0 Hibernian
St Mirren 2-2 Hibernian
Raith Rovers 2-1 Hibernian
Queen of the South 1-0 Hibernian
Dumbarton 3-2 Hibernian
Livingston 0-0 Hibernian

Considering the calibre of the opposition that's maybe the worst run of away results that I can remember. Why have we been so bad away from home?

Hermit Crab
23-04-2016, 07:18 PM

Morton 0-0 Hibernian
St Mirren 2-2 Hibernian
Dumbarton 3-2 Hibernian
Livingston 0-0 Hibernian

Considering the calibre of the opposition that's maybe the worst run of away results that I can remember. Why have we been so bad away from home?

You can blame at least 5 of those goals on Oxley. I don't know why the team don't perform away from home, maybe they have an attitude that the game is already won without kicking a ball.

JimBHibees
23-04-2016, 07:21 PM
You can blame at least 5 of those goals on Oxley. I don't know why the team don't perform away from home, maybe they have an attitude that the game is already won without kicking a ball.

You really only come to life when we don't win. Love revelling in misery. Tiresome.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2016, 07:22 PM
You really only come to life when we don't win. Love revelling in misery. Tiresome.

Yet you feel the need to read and comment....

Hibernia&Alba
23-04-2016, 07:24 PM

Morton 0-0 Hibernian
St Mirren 2-2 Hibernian
Dumbarton 3-2 Hibernian
Livingston 0-0 Hibernian

Those results really are unacceptable, and I'm not in the Stubbs out camp by any means.

JimBHibees
23-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Yet you feel the need to read and comment....

Indeed. Trolling at its best.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Indeed. Trolling at its best.

Aye, you're getting good at it. I should be reporting you for it.

Liberal Hibby
23-04-2016, 07:38 PM
You can blame at least 5 of those goals on Oxley.

Really? Evidence please?

flash
23-04-2016, 07:51 PM

Do people seriously do that?

JimBHibees
23-04-2016, 07:54 PM

Wouldn't surprise given your propensity for attention seeking.

Hi Heid Yin
23-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Those results (coupled with some dire performances) indeed are the main reason we are contemplating finishing 3rd.
It's a terrible and embarrassing sequence.
Bog standard championship sides have us sussed and simply do not fear playing us.
We are frustratingly pedestrian and predictable.
This said, both Falkirk and Raith Rovers are no big shakes, industrious, yes, but certainly beatable in the play offs.

matty_f
23-04-2016, 08:51 PM
They're awful results.

Gerard
23-04-2016, 08:54 PM
We should be doing better, if we want to be promoted this year.:wink:

Eyrie
23-04-2016, 09:14 PM

Morton 0-0 Hibernian
St Mirren 2-2 Hibernian
Dumbarton 3-2 Hibernian
Livingston 0-0 Hibernian

That's an appalling run, but what stands out to me is that if we'd scored just one more goal in any one of those seven games we'd still be favourites to finish second (two points behind but a game in hand).

HibeeEmma
23-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Pretty awful reading. However if we can draw away in the play offs and win at home, I'll take that

:flag:

poolman
23-04-2016, 09:25 PM

Aye, OK then

Spike Mandela
23-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Recent away form has been very poor.

Home form is good though so we need to go for goals, goals, goals in the next two games.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Really? Evidence please?

Go to the games or watch the footage of the goals. That's all the evidence you need.

Steveey
23-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Crazy that a away win at Inverness is amongst those games!

Hermit Crab
23-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Do people seriously do that?

Yes. People also falsely accuse posters in here of supporting another club too, fancy that.

Liberal Hibby
23-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Go to the games or watch the footage of the goals. That's all the evidence you need.

Which ones specifically?

Hermit Crab
24-04-2016, 12:05 PM
Which ones specifically?

Morton 0-0 Hibernian
St Mirren 2-2 Hibernian
Dumbarton 3-2 Hibernian
Livingston 0-0 Hibernian

Second goal at St Mirren.
Second goal at Raith, very slow across his line
Queens first shot on target went right through him
Dumbartons second and third, a superman attempt against Nade and beaten at his near post for the third.

Lago
24-04-2016, 12:28 PM
They're awful results.
Pathetic is the word I would use, if they continue into the play offs another season in the current league on the cards.

Big_Franck
24-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Pathetic is the word I would use, if they continue into the play offs another season in the current league on the cards.

That's my worry as well. Stubbs doesn't seem to know how to get the job done away from home against defensive sides. He's had long enough to suss out these teams and has had good backing financially so it's frustrating to say the least.

Septimus
24-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Please, Please, get rid of that stupid purple strip.

Mr White
24-04-2016, 03:08 PM
Morton 0-0 Hibernian
St Mirren 2-2 Hibernian
Dumbarton 3-2 Hibernian
Livingston 0-0 Hibernian

Second goal at St Mirren.
Second goal at Raith, very slow across his line
Queens first shot on target went right through him
Dumbartons second and third, a superman attempt against Nade and beaten at his near post for the third.

Oxley isn't good enough but blaming st mirrens second goal on him is stretching things. Did he play well yesterday? I heard he did. It's interesting that a good performance from him gets very little mention on here but he often gets the blame for goals he had little or no chance of stopping after being left exposed after poor defending.

Lancs Harp
24-04-2016, 03:56 PM
Its a pretty poor run of results, its hard to dress it up anyway.

On Oxley (who personally I think is far from great) you cant blame him for us not scoring in 4 of those 7 matches.

We have good players, who have proved they are good in a lot of matches this season but in others they don't produce. There is no single reason for the form, no magic wand to wave and everything is perfect but tactically Stubbsy gets it wrong sometimes and in games when things are a bit of struggle he doesn't seem to be able o change things for the better, produce a plan B .... Questions have been asked and he is struggling for answers on occasion.