PDA

View Full Version : That Was Howling!

Hermit Crab
23-04-2016, 06:31 PM
Just not good enough, that team will struggle against RR's and Falkirk should we play them. Nothing in that performance today showed that this team will gain promotion or win that cup. To go from beating The Rangers to struggling to register a shot at goal vs a poor Morton side is unbelievable. Sort it out Stubbs.

Liam89
23-04-2016, 06:33 PM
We've struggled to break down teams for half the season. We didn't really break down Rangers despite scoring 3, a slack throw in, a GK error and a corner. Nothing has changed in our style of play the past few months, we just aren't scoring enough!

Baldy Foghorn
23-04-2016, 06:35 PM
Just not good enough, that team will struggle against RR's and Falkirk should we play them. Nothing in that performance today showed that this team will gain promotion or win that cup. To go from beating The Rangers to struggling to register a shot at goal vs a poor Morton side is unbelievable. Sort it out Stubbs.

Indeed, woeful viewing....Probably lay the blame on pitch, but nowhere near good enough. Very frustrating watching that performance Today.

CallumHibs07
23-04-2016, 06:39 PM
How on earth are we going to get through all these play-off games? absolutely no chance we're going up.

Utter *****.

banarc7062
23-04-2016, 06:47 PM

He can't. Does not have the skill to do that. You just have to look at his goalkeeper selection. Look forward to more Championship football guys. Nae wonder Leanne kept the season tickets the same price for next season.

Dobosz83
23-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Despite being asked by my mate today, I was unable to hit the road to Greenock so I'll take your word for it that the game was a stinker.

That said, is it really a surprise? We've been in this dreadful league with some woeful sides who don't want to play football, they want to spoil the game and claim Hibs as a scalp. We beat them up until around Xmas, but it's been a struggle since the turn of the year for a whole host of reasons. The main one being that we have played 2 or 3 games within a week since February.

I'm no happy clapper, however, looking at things objectively, we are suffering due to our successful cup runs and due to a few injuries to key men. It's been this way since around the replay against Hearts back in February...

Our head to head records against Raith Rovers and Falkirk stand up this season. Having endured the game on Alba tonight, we can navigate our way through those ties if we can play smart with the squad in the next couple of weeks. Play the youngsters and rest the key men. It may be the difference between promotion and cup success.

Hibernia&Alba

I was out (nephew's birthday) until the game was three-quarters over. Didn't we manage a shot on target today?

Hibs Class
Agree we won't stroll the play offs but it will be raith and falkirk we are up against. Hardly unmitigated doom.

ALF TUPPER
23-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Not Stubbs but players responsible today on a sh*t pitch.
Not too many had pass marks ....

Again, we should have blown them away.

hibsbollah
23-04-2016, 06:52 PM
What a ****ing miserable thread. Here's a bit of breaking news; we're still at the races.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2016, 06:56 PM
I was out (nephew's birthday) until the game was three-quarters over. Didn't we manage a shot on target today?

Not that I recall. Morton hit the post.

KeithTheHibby
23-04-2016, 06:59 PM
Having watched the Raith Falkirk game I can't say I would be too worried about playing either or both of them. We may not be playing well however none of those teams are any bette than us.
Results this season against them have proven that.

Baldy Foghorn
23-04-2016, 06:59 PM
What a ****ing miserable thread. Here's a bit of breaking news; we're still at the races.

So are folk not entitled to discuss Today's match?

mghibs
23-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Very disappointing game. We did not look like scoring at all, and from the first 20 minutes it had 0-0 written all over it! Having said that we were almost lucky to get a point as we were pretty sloppy at the back on numerous occasions, and Oxley bailed us out with a great recovery save after being beaten with the initial shot.

KeithTheHibby
A win on Tuesday then an early goal against QOS changes everything.

Dobosz83
Having watched the Raith Falkirk game I can't say I would be too worried about playing either or both of them. We may not be playing well however none of those teams are any bette than us.
Results this season against them have proven that.
:agree:

Hermit Crab
23-04-2016, 07:01 PM

Don't read it then and we're not still at the races. We'v not been for months now.

Sir David Gray
23-04-2016, 07:02 PM

I don't remember a shot on target today to be honest.

Libby Hibby
23-04-2016, 07:02 PM
We're still in a good position but F me, I didn't think it would come down to cheering on Raith Rovers v Falkirk in the 2nd last game of the season to try and achieve 2nd

matty_f
23-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Don't read it then and we're not still at the races. We'v not been for months now.

Hibs 3 The Rangers 2

3pm
23-04-2016, 07:04 PM

Best chance was the lob Henderson put over the bar. He should have done better.

McGinn had a decent volley but never really troubling the goalie. Jason had one disallowed.

That was about it I think.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2016, 07:05 PM
Hibs 3 The Rangers 2

What good is that when you can't beat Morton?

Ged
23-04-2016, 07:07 PM

I think he's just pointing out your scattergun approach to criticising the club whilst overlooking the good points.

matty_f
23-04-2016, 07:07 PM

If we hadn't been at the races on Wednesday night, we'd have literally no chance of second now, rather than figuratively no chance.

matty_f
23-04-2016, 07:08 PM
I think he's just pointing out your scattergun approach to criticising the club whilst overlooking the good points.

You win a watch.

Sergey
23-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Hibs 3 The Rangers 2

Are you trying to put that result as a positive? You obviously are as you've posted it in as a reply.

It was a dead rubber as far as The Rangers were concerned - they threw our first two goals into the net for us - we created next to nothing and were pretty dire in the final third.

Quoting that scoreline is like quoting a pre-season friendly result - it means nothing when the opposition has nothing to play for.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2016, 07:10 PM

Every team in that league has taken points from us this season in some form, scattergun?

Hermit Crab
23-04-2016, 07:11 PM
If we hadn't been at the races on Wednesday night, we'd have literally no chance of second now, rather than figuratively no chance.

Rangers gifted us two goals. We were not brilliant that night.

Hibernia&Alba
23-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Every team in that league has taken points from us this season in some form, scattergun?

A fair point, HC. The fact is we've dropped points on too many occasions, even against the bottom sides. I don't think we'll finish second, but only time will tell how significant that might be.

blackpoolhibs
23-04-2016, 07:14 PM
The the rangers game was as usual the game that gives us that little bit of hope, only to be booted square in the baws twice today by drawing with Morton and the late leveler at Starks Park.

Its something we've done since i started watching us.

Only being a few points behind sevco to only being a few points behind Falkirk is bloody embarrassing.

emerald green
23-04-2016, 07:30 PM

Well that's not good enough. Hibs fans want to see their team winning the races.

The Hibs board's (not the fans) stated aim was to actually win the Championship. That race was lost weeks ago. Promotion through the play-offs is looking increasing unlikely tonight, or at least it will be very difficult IMO.

The board, as far as I've heard, had budgeted for two seasons in the Championship. That's because the first season down Hibs were competing against The Rangers and Hearts. If they don't go up this season, how will Hibs budget for another season down? How will they keep the current squad together?

Hibs are sitting third in the second tier of Scottish football. That's the bottom line, and what many seem to forget or overlook. These are some of the reasons why many of them are not happy.

erin go bragh
23-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Once we win six nil in midweek , it will be all to play for on Sat . :) Keep the faith .

GGTTH

Hermit Crab
23-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Well that's not good enough. Hibs fans want to see their team winning the races.

The Hibs board's (not the fans) stated aim was to actually win the Championship. That race was lost weeks ago. Promotion through the play-offs is looking increasing unlikely tonight, or at least it will be very difficult IMO.

The board, as far as I've heard, had budgeted for two seasons in the Championship. That's because the first season down Hibs were competing against The Rangers and Hearts. If they don't go up this season, how will Hibs budget for another season down? How will they keep the current squad together?

Hibs are sitting third in the second tier of Scottish football. That's the bottom line, and what many seem to forget or overlook. These are some of the reasons why many of them are not happy.

:agree:.Getting a bit fed up of forking out week after week to be rewarded with utter pish performances against teams we really should be scudding 3 or 4 nil.

matty_f
23-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Are you trying to put that result as a positive? You obviously are as you've posted it in as a reply.

It was a dead rubber as far as The Rangers were concerned - they threw our first two goals into the net for us - we created next to nothing and were pretty dire in the final third.

Quoting that scoreline is like quoting a pre-season friendly result - it means nothing when the opposition has nothing to play for.

No, that result was in no way positive. It was potentially the worst ****ing thing that could have happened.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2016, 07:33 PM
Once we win six nil in midweek , it will be all to play for on Sat . :) Keep the faith .

GGTTH

:faf:

hibsbollah
23-04-2016, 07:33 PM
Are you trying to put that result as a positive? .

Well, aye, I would have thought so, since we won the game.:rolleyes: We got 3 points. Are you wanting 4 points to be satisfied?

its just ridiculous to be honest. It's like some of you are determined not to credit the team with anything when we win and suddenly become all open eyed to every aspect of our deficiencies when we lose.

Just to recap. We beat Rangers. Who we are playing in a cup final in less than a month. Warburton wanted momentum, the most important element in all team sport. If Warburton thought it was a 'dead rubber' he would have played his kids instead of his first team. Watch Kenny Miller running around snarling at the ref and losing his rag and tell me again they weren't trying.

matty_f
23-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Well, aye, I would have thought so, since we won the game.:rolleyes: We got 3 points. Are you wanting 4 points to be satisfied?

its just ridiculous to be honest. It's like some of you are determined not to credit the team with anything when we win and suddenly become all open eyed to every aspect of our deficiencies when we lose.

Just to recap. We beat Rangers. Who we are playing in a cup final in less than a month. Warburton wanted momentum, the most important element in all team sport. If Warburton thought it was a 'dead rubber' he would have played his kids instead of his first team. Watch Kenny Miller running around snarling at the ref and losing his rag and tell me again they weren't trying.

Are you suggesting that's a good thing? We're third in the second tier, so you better think twice. You better not have enjoyed that win. It had a goalkeeping mistake in it. We're pish. How could that have been positive?

Hibs Class

C'mon Sergey, this is just trolling and you well know it.

blackpoolhibs

GGTTH
So we've gone from needing one win to make the top 6, one win to beat the play offs, only needing a 1-0 defeat to stay up, to needing 6 goals in one game.

Keep the faith right enough. :greengrin

matty_f
Are you suggesting that's a good thing? We're third in the second tier, so you better think twice. You better not have enjoyed that win. It had a goalkeeping mistake in it. We're pish. How could that have been positive?

What I meant to say was "Spot on" - or words to that effect.

hibsbollah
23-04-2016, 07:37 PM

...so, to continue the metaphor, wait till the race is actually finished before judging how we did. It's that simple. You'll have wasted all that nervous energy being stressed and angry if we get promoted and win the cup after all.

Giro Playboy
23-04-2016, 07:37 PM
We've been in this dreadful league with some woeful sides who don't want to play football, they want to spoil the game and claim Hibs as a scalp.

. And that is their right. The woeful sides can play how they want as long as it gets the result they are after. Hibs should have a management team and calibre of player who is capable of dealing with this situation....... Unfortunately we dont.

Sergey
23-04-2016, 07:46 PM
No, that result was in no way positive. It was potentially the worst ****ing thing that could have happened.

Indeed - that supposed positive see us kick-on and get a 0-0 at Morton in a fixture that actually meant something.

Why don't you just admit we're *****?

blackpoolhibs
23-04-2016, 07:50 PM
Indeed - that supposed positive see us kick-on and get a 0-0 at Morton in a fixture that actually meant something.

I think we are sheite quite a lot of the time but pretty decent on others.

We'd do better in the SPL or whatever its called, but we are not in that league, and the manager should be building a side to get us there.

We just dont score enough, and dont know how to break teams down that sit in.

This is down to one man, Alan Stubbs.

matty_f
23-04-2016, 07:53 PM

We are not ***** all the time though, which was the point I was making. We have had some ***** games, we have also had many games where we've been ****ing terrific, where we've dug deep to get results, and beat 'superior' opponents.

Folk are too blinkered and lapping up the anger/grief/disappointment/whatever to acknowledge that though.

emerald green
23-04-2016, 07:55 PM
...so, to continue the metaphor, wait till the race is actually finished before judging how we did. It's that simple. You'll have wasted all that nervous energy being stressed and angry if we get promoted and win the cup after all.

Did you read my post? The race to win the Championship was lost weeks ago. I'm also judging how Hibs have done, so far, in the league and it's not good enough.

There's that wee word "if" again. Can't you see that it's looking more and more unlikely that Hibs will get promoted, and win the Scottish Cup, given recent performances, and that the team is looking tired and spent?

I don't feel "stressed and angry". How would you know anyway? I'm expressing my concerns for the future wellbeing of my club.

AndyB_70
23-04-2016, 07:59 PM
How many games can we play in the exact same manner. It was awful today. Absolutely awful. Balled rolled out from Ox to a defender. Play the ball across the back 4. Maybe then play it to a midfielder who will turn back and maybe if we are lucky play it to another midfielder or normally pass it back to a defender. Who may then play it back to Ox to lump up the park.
I like the idea of strikers being greedy but Cummings takes it to a new level that must hack off any other player left up front in partnership with him. Perfect chance to play in Stokes but oh no he thinks he will take on a shot with 2 defenders right in front of him. No wonder Stokes was waving his arms about.
Our build up play is so so slow. Teams can get back easily to defend against us. No urgency in any of our play and we have a manager that has no idea on how to break down difficult teams.
If teams run at us we are all over the place. Morton had the best chance of the match and we were saved by the post. I don't remember at any point during the game thinking we were on the verge of scoring.
It is not good enough. I'm losing faith in Stubbs.

AlbertK86
23-04-2016, 08:05 PM

Stokes volley tipped over by leeper

hibsbollah
23-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Did you read my post? The race to win the Championship was lost weeks ago. I'm also judging how Hibs have done, so far, in the league and it's not good enough.

There's that wee word "if" again. Can't you see that it's looking more and more unlikely that Hibs will get promoted, and win the Scottish Cup, given recent performances, and that the team is looking tired and spent?

I don't feel "stressed and angry". How would you know anyway? I'm expressing my concerns for the future wellbeing of my club.

:faf: well of course I'm using the word 'if' because we're discussing unknowns. That's the point. I don't care about what is 'unlikely'. Lots of things are 'unlikely'. In fact, statistically just under half of all actual occurrences are 'unlikely'. I'm only interested in how we finish.

Regarding 'the race to win the championship'. If we win the playoffs and lift the cup will you be bothered that a team with seven or eight times our budget won the title? No, you'll hopefully be like me, staggering about Leith in the street, steaming drunk and happy.

matty_f
23-04-2016, 08:12 PM

Cummings 'goal' (wrongly?) called offside? Hibs TV commentary suggested Jason was onside.

Hedlund12
23-04-2016, 08:14 PM
I listened to the game today and it sounded woeful. I thought we scored one and it was ruled offside. The commentators said it was never offside - can anyone who was there say if it was an offside goal?
I'm not making excuses for our dip in form but some officials decisions against us this season have cost us.

emerald green
23-04-2016, 08:36 PM
:faf: well of course I'm using the word 'if' because we're discussing unknowns. That's the point. I don't care about what is 'unlikely'. Lots of things are 'unlikely'. In fact, statistically just under half of all actual occurrences are 'unlikely'. I'm only interested in how we finish.

Regarding 'the race to win the championship'. If we win the playoffs and lift the cup will you be bothered that a team with seven or eight times our budget won the title? No, you'll hopefully be like me, staggering about Leith in the street, steaming drunk and happy.

OK you don't care about what is unlikely. You're only "interested" in how Hibs finish.

You don't see any connection between how Hibs have been playing for several weeks now, and that there might just be a connection between that and how that might determine how the team finish? You just ignore that. :rolleyes:

I see that you also side stepped the questions I raised in my post #31. But no matter. I get it. You're not interested.

The bit in bold. So what? I'm not interested in that either.

We'll need to disagree.

The_Horde
23-04-2016, 08:38 PM
Cummings 'goal' (wrongly?) called offside? Hibs TV commentary suggested Jason was onside.

Looked on to me at the time to be honest.

Jonnyboy
23-04-2016, 08:53 PM
I don't remember a shot on target today to be honest.

See below

Indeed he did

Big L
23-04-2016, 08:59 PM
The one thing that keeps me believing is that we seem to bring it when it really matters. Plus, I seen nothing to worry me in todays Raith game. Falkirk still have to play Morton and if we can get a good result at Dumbarton then it's all to play for on the last day! Both teams have to go for it in the play offs and that will also suit us. GGTTH

Sir David Gray
23-04-2016, 09:00 PM
See below

Indeed he did

I must have been asleep at that point. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
23-04-2016, 09:01 PM
I must have been asleep at that point. :greengrin

:greengrin

Captain Trips
23-04-2016, 09:43 PM

Still at the races? In this league is a disgrace, the race should be over.

cmcd
23-04-2016, 09:45 PM

FFS the time to greet is at the END of the season not April

Toldo123
23-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Not Stubbs but players responsible today on a sh*t pitch.
Not too many had pass marks ....

Again, we should have blown them away.
The pitch at cappielow is from what I seen as good as anything in our league. My dad was talking to john blackley this week and he said in his playing days it was one of the best playing surfaces in Scotland

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Lago
23-04-2016, 10:34 PM
How many games can we play in the exact same manner. It was awful today. Absolutely awful. Balled rolled out from Ox to a defender. Play the ball across the back 4. Maybe then play it to a midfielder who will turn back and maybe if we are lucky play it to another midfielder or normally pass it back to a defender. Who may then play it back to Ox to lump up the park.
I like the idea of strikers being greedy but Cummings takes it to a new level that must hack off any other player left up front in partnership with him. Perfect chance to play in Stokes but oh no he thinks he will take on a shot with 2 defenders right in front of him. No wonder Stokes was waving his arms about.
Our build up play is so so slow. Teams can get back easily to defend against us. No urgency in any of our play and we have a manager that has no idea on how to break down difficult teams.
If teams run at us we are all over the place. Morton had the best chance of the match and we were saved by the post. I don't remember at any point during the game thinking we were on the verge of scoring.
Great post, exactly my thoughts.:top marks

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-04-2016, 10:47 PM

The only points that matter are the ones that we are continually throwing away.

cleanyman
23-04-2016, 10:55 PM
Blown about a billion chances to secure second. 2-0 up with 5 minutes to play was the opportunity to put it to bed

The Green Goblin
23-04-2016, 11:30 PM
FFS the time to greet is at the END of the season not April

I respect your optimism, and no offence, but I remember loads of posts with exactly this sentiment as we headed week after week towards relegation and where we find ourselves now: struggling to secure 2nd spot in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

Emerald Green is absolutely right: it's not good enough and expressing concern about it is a valid reaction.

pacorosssco
23-04-2016, 11:43 PM
I respect your optimism, and no offence, but I remember loads of posts with exactly this sentiment as we headed week after week towards relegation and where we find ourselves now: struggling to secure 2nd spot in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

Emerald Green is absolutely right: it's not good enough and expressing concern about it is a valid reaction.

Agreed. Stubbs to see season out no doubt and still hope a turn around and fairytale endin .Mental but if we had been spl top 6 prob. Stubbs not mastered whats required this league in two year though and looks like badly managed players fitness as we look worn out. Hard game today. Still can do it . Crash costing us not today

Glory Lurker
23-04-2016, 11:44 PM
Hibernian FC needs another team's result to go in its favour so that it can avoid having to play two games for the chance to play two games for the chance to play the second worst team in the league above over two legs. That is where we are.

monktonharp
24-04-2016, 12:19 AM
It has taken, to this stage for me to recognise how difficult a position we are now in ,for promotion .we sounded dire on the radio today. we also seemed to be unlucky with the disallowed goal, and yet had a couple that went over the bar or were tipped over. , all in the second half. still did not sound good, and big Mc Gregor almost blew it twice on the trot too. obviously not a good day, but we did dig in during the Rangers game although the huns gave us a break. they have been proven over the season that they are liable to this btw. the problem was, that we never seemed to benefit with their poorer performances and should have clawed a few points back at several stages. Falkirk, still have a couple to handle and are they not still playing Livi? if so, Livi will fight to the death as Dumbarton are directly above them and won today. still all to play for, but it is always the hard way for Hibernian. don't know why but we always have to go through this at crucial moments.looks like 3rd place at the moment, hard times ahead but not out of our hands yet.

DH1875
24-04-2016, 12:25 AM
It's the fact that we struggle to score goals against these teams that kills me. Would rather have lost the game 4-3 giving it a go rather than dropping points nil nil in must win games.

monktonharp
24-04-2016, 12:25 AM
Hibernian FC needs another team's result to go in its favour so that it can avoid having to play two games for the chance to play two games for the chance to play the second worst team in the league above over two legs. That is where we are.can you then clarify for me, if we are 3rd, do we play Queens and Raith in one game or at home and away? then if we win, play home and away to Killie/Hamilton/Partick? looks like D.Utd are gone anyway?

monktonharp
24-04-2016, 12:27 AM
It's the fact that we struggle to score goals against these teams that kills me. Would rather have lost the game 4-3 giving it a go rather than dropping points nil nil in must win games.:agree:the rangers won 4-3 against queens, at a crucial point. we have only drawn 0-0 twice I think but at crucial times.

macd123
24-04-2016, 01:02 AM
It's the fact that we struggle to score goals against these teams that kills me. Would rather have lost the game 4-3 giving it a go rather than dropping points nil nil in must win games.

We have one goalscorer in the team - Cummings. We have one player with pace and he is on the bench - Boyle. We have no strikers who can score with their head. So it's no surprise we don't score goals.

Bringing in Stokes, Dagnall and Thomson in January has been a huge costly mistake. As for that trip to Spain...

California-Hibs
24-04-2016, 01:36 AM
Bringing in Stokes has been a costly mistake? Think you'll find the amount of goals he's got, in fact his goals to game ratio, proves that statement to be utter mince.

The other 2 I'll give you though.

Big90inOz
24-04-2016, 02:25 AM
I listened to the first 30 mins on the radio and went to bed before I fell asleep on the couch, I have never listened to a more boring non event. Even having commentators with green tinted glasses on couldn't raise any excitement.
The bottom line is we are slow, negative and certainly not getting the best out of the talent we have.

I cannot see how we are going to win the games ahead playing the same way, if we are promoted or win the cup it going to take either a hell of a lot of luck or a change in the game plan. Here's hoping we are very lucky...........

givescotlandfreedom
24-04-2016, 03:12 AM
:faf:

Don't laugh HC it's not as if they've beaten us twice.

Brizo
24-04-2016, 06:29 AM

Good to get an opinion on this thread from someone who was actually at the game. People on the bounce who were at the game are giving same feedback.

While its great that we can lift our game against the SPFL teams and huns our inability over the last two months to do the business against other Championship teams has become a fundamental flaw which Stubbs shows no signs of correcting.

Fair play to you for travelling away to one of the most horrible grounds in one of the most horrible towns in Scotland and then having to sit through that performance.

DunblaneHibby
24-04-2016, 06:55 AM

Absolutely spot on. I was at the game too and at no point did we look like winning it.

ALF TUPPER
24-04-2016, 07:09 AM
The pitch at cappielow is from what I seen as good as anything in our league. My dad was talking to john blackley this week and he said in his playing days it was one of the best playing surfaces in Scotland

It might look pretty and lush from the terracing but the pitch was a state yesterday. Sure, had lots of green stuff but I don't think it's been rolled since JB played on it 45 years ago.
Very bumpy. It was a state. Every pass bobbled resulting in mispasses and too many individual errors.

Eyebleedingly awful match.

greenpaper55
24-04-2016, 07:28 AM
If this run of form continues not only will we not win promotion but next season we will be a mid table team at best ! If we cannot do it this season what's going to change that will make us champions-nothing. I would describe our form as mercurial, up one minute and the lowest of the lows the next, that will get us nowhere in this league or any for that matter, simply not good enough most of the time.

snooky
24-04-2016, 08:06 AM

Good post, Andy.
I've been saying for ages we're far too pedestrian in our forward movement. Oh so easy for the opposition to get back in numbers. No wonder there's a dearth of goals for.

Islington Hibs
24-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Bad day sure and too many of them but lets just keep the criticism until the end of May.

Sure the team has fired in three cylinders for uh of the season but we still have a decent chance of going up and are in a second cup final of the year! None of the teams we will face are world beaters and that includes the Rangers- we can still do it but lets bloody well pull together rather than constant criticism of Stubbs and various players.

Ringothedog
24-04-2016, 08:36 AM
Hibernian FC needs another team's result to go in its favour so that it can avoid having to play two games for the chance to play two games for the chance to play the second worst team in the league above over two legs. That is where we are.

Or we win both games and score seven more goals than falkirk, highly improbable but still in our hands.

Phil MaGlass
24-04-2016, 08:36 AM
For what its worth, weve been pedestrian for half the season,no pace,width etc,etc..,but, beaten SPL teams,pumped the huns and the yams, I think we are actually good enough to win the playoffs and will raise our game accordingly, which is saying something since I have been criticising the team on a regular basis tail end of season.We will go up, of that I am sure. We have a good SPL team, just no very good for breaking doon teams in this division though, anyhoos BRING ON THE THE RANGERS

High-On-Hibs
24-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Our current form is extremely poor. I hear people saying that they're tired, we have injuries, the pitches are a mess, the refs are all against us.... etc. Sorry, but i'm not buying it. We're in the championship. If we're not up for the scrap, then we're going to be spending a very long time in there. The players know what the expectation levels are but repeatedly fail to come anywhere close to the required level. It's not acceptable.

emerald green
24-04-2016, 10:55 AM

Cheers Green Goblin. :aok: Honestly, it gives me no pleasure whatsoever posting stuff like that.

I just want to see Hibs as a club doing well, and realising its full potential. I simply don't agree that where our club sits right now, and its current results, are in any way good enough, given the club's comparative resources and fanbase. Hibs are getting beat by part-time clubs.

Two wins in the last ten Championship matches is not good enough, and has cost the club any chance it had of winning the Championship. The suggestion that Hibs are suddenly going to rack up 6 or 7 goals on Tuesday night is simply clutching at straws. It has been witnessed time and time again that Hibs struggle to break teams down.

There is still a chance of going up through the play-offs, but that is now going to be very difficult indeed, and impossible if this current run of form continues.

Maybe some supporters have been blind sided by Hibs excellent cup runs? However, it's the league which is the club's bread and butter. The cups are a bonus IMHO, and we haven't won either of them yet.

Hibs need to be competing in the top league against Celtic, The Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts etc. Not struggling to break down part-timers in the Championship in a less than half empty stadium most weeks.

I know that's what everyone running HFC wants, but we are looking some distance away from achieving that right now.

If I'm proven completely wrong I will be delighted to hold my hands up and say so.

DUX
24-04-2016, 10:58 AM
It was a disappointing result and just oor luck for Falkirk to get a goal in the last few minutes.

Going to keep the pecker up though and still have faith we can do it and get both promoted and win the cup!

C'mon Hibs let's do it.

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2016, 11:02 AM
Cheers Green Goblin. :aok: Honestly, it gives me no pleasure whatsoever posting stuff like that.

I just want to see Hibs as a club doing well, and realising its full potential. I simply don't agree that where our club sits right now, and its current results, are in any way good enough, given the club's comparative resources and fanbase. Hibs are getting beat by part-time clubs.

Two wins in the last ten Championship matches is not good enough, and has cost the club any chance it had of winning the Championship. The suggestion that Hibs are suddenly going to rack up 6 or 7 goals on Tuesday night is simply clutching at straws. It has been witnessed time and time again that Hibs struggle to break teams down.

There is still a chance of going up through the play-offs, but that is now going to be very difficult indeed, and impossible if this current run of form continues.

Maybe some supporters have been blind sided by Hibs excellent cup runs? However, it's the league which is the club's bread and butter. The cups are a bonus IMHO, and we haven't won either of them yet.

Hibs need to be competing in the top league against Celtic, The Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts etc. Not struggling to break down part-timers in the Championship in a less than half empty stadium most weeks.

I know that's what everyone running HFC wants, but we are looking some distance away from achieving that right now.

If I'm proven completely wrong I will be delighted to hold my hands up and say so.

Good post, I can't disagree with any of it. However, if we win the cup it will be a great season, even if we don't go up. That said, I'd take promotion ahead of a cup win every time.

emerald green
24-04-2016, 11:14 AM
Good post, I can't disagree with any of it. However, if we win the cup it will be a great season, even if we don't go up. That said, I'd take promotion ahead of a cup win every time.

Cheers H&A. I'd be delighted, to say the least, to win the Scottish Cup and finally see that monkey off the club's back. It would be a very emotional thing too for many many Hibs supporters.

But getting out of this awful league is the club's top priority, and like you I would take promotion first every time.

Keith_M
24-04-2016, 11:23 AM

I hate to be negative but...what if we do neither?

hibs0666
24-04-2016, 11:25 AM

No you don't - you love it.

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2016, 11:26 AM

Then it's the typical Hibs journey to Scunnersville; a place we all know well. Then again, it could be we achieve both, in which case we experience our own summer of love :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Then it's the typical Hibs journey to Scunnersville; a place we all know well. Then again, it could be we achieve both, in which case we experience our own summer of love :greengrin

I like the second scenario. :greengrin :pray:

Niffy
25-04-2016, 06:23 AM
I'm going to be unusually optimistic in saying that ... at least in the play offs we will be playing teams that need to win, not park the bus so we can't (as has been shown) break through.

Toldo123
25-04-2016, 06:50 AM
I'm going to be unusually optimistic in saying that ... at least in the play offs we will be playing teams that need to win, not park the bus so we can't (as has been shown) break through.
But I think the likes of Raith and Falkirk will feel that their best chance is to play men behind the ball and play counter attack against us. I don't see them flooding men forward.

Steve20
25-04-2016, 08:33 AM

Not for me. Scottish Cup win over promotion easily.

JimBHibees
25-04-2016, 09:03 AM
But I think the likes of Raith and Falkirk will feel that their best chance is to play men behind the ball and play counter attack against us. I don't see them flooding men forward.

Exactly what they will do. Falkirk played us at ER for a whole half with a man extra and struggled to get a shot in unfortunately their first shot half hit as it was ended up in a goal.