PDA

View Full Version : Players Who Support Scottish Clubs

NathHFC
23-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Anyone know which players who play for The Rangers, Celtic and Hearts who support Hibs or vice versa?
Just wondering.
GGTTH

jgl07
23-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Does Leigh Griffiths support Hearts?

Maybe not!

Hibs are stuffed with Celtic fans including, presumably, Henderson, Stokes, Keatings. I am not sure with McGeach.

David Gray is or was a Hearts supporter? Same with Jason Cummings.

DH1875
23-04-2016, 05:09 PM
Is Lee Wallace a Hibs fan or is that just a myth?

H18sry
23-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Does Leigh Griffiths support Hearts?

Maybe not!

Hibs are stuffed with Celtic fans including, presumably, Henderson, Stokes, Keatings. I am not sure with McGeach.

David Gray is or was a Hearts supporter? Same with Jason Cummings.

Who is he :whistle:

CorrieHibs
24-04-2016, 10:28 AM

Lee was a hibby growing up. His brother and dad are still but he defo is not now.

J-C
24-04-2016, 10:32 AM

He did as a boy

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Interesting that some players remain a fan of the team they grew up with, e.g. Sparky, but others leave their team behind when they sign for another club. Dalglish was, of course, a Rangers fan growing up, but became a staunch Celtic man.

J-C
24-04-2016, 10:39 AM
Interesting that some players remain a fan of the team they grew up with, e.g. Sparky, but others leave their team behind when they sign for another club. Dalglish was, of course, a Rangers fan growing up, but became a staunch Celtic man.

Jamie Carragher I think was an Everton supporter as a boy but very much a Liverpool man now.

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Jamie Carragher I think was an Everton supporter as a boy but very much a Liverpool man now.

Yes he was, as Were Robbie Fowler and Ian Rush, I think.

DUX
24-04-2016, 10:44 AM
The 80s Hibs teams were packed with hibbies. Think Big Gordon Rae a more honest hard working Centre Half it would be hard to find. Geebsie, Mickey W, Johnny Colliins, Jackie M senior, Kano etc.

hfc rd
24-04-2016, 11:17 AM
I'm sure someone mentioned on here that Jason Cummings was a Hearts fan when he was young?

Ivan Sproule was a Rangers fan growing up before he signed for us.

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2016, 11:21 AM
I'm sure someone mentioned on here that Jason Cummings was a Hearts fan when he was young?

Ivan Sproule was a Rangers fan growing up before he signed for us.

Cummings was aye - even pictured giving it the 5-1. But it's all in the past and he's seen the light.

TheFamous1875
24-04-2016, 12:47 PM
As far as I'm aware of our squad it goes:

Celtic fans (at least grew up)

McGinn
McGeouch
Henderson (said he didn't want Rangers to win the semi v Celtic as he's a Celtic man "through'n'through" - his passion on the park suggests otherwise!)
Keatings (made it clear he still was last week!)
Stokes
Harris (now Hibs?)
Forster(?)

Hearts (at least grew up)

Gray
Cummings

Hibs:

Hanlon
Harris
Stanton
Stevenson (grew up a Raith Rovers fan)
McGregor
Thomson

Have a feeling Fontaine grew up a Fulham fan? And Danny Handling said in an interview that he grew up a Rangers fan (and alluded to most in Haddington being likewise - Leeann - fix this!)

Also, an earlier post said Collins was a Hibee, but Johnny Collins has said before that he grew up a Celtic fan in a family full of Celtic fans.