PDA

View Full Version : lets give oxley some backing today

makaveli1875
23-04-2016, 10:09 AM
it looks like oxley will be in goals today , and while im not his biggest fan and would prefer to see logan play . he's had some abuse/booing this week and its bound to be having an effect on him professionally and personally , the players are leaping to his defence so he's obviously feeling the heat from the stands
its time to put personal feelings aside , back the guy and give him a loud cheer when his name is read out . get on our feet if he makes a good save and hope that he plays a blinder and gets some confidence back before the play offs

Libby Hibby
23-04-2016, 10:15 AM
He'll get backing from me today.

We need all the boys with confidence high going into the next 5 weeks.

PercyHibs
23-04-2016, 10:16 AM
it looks like oxley will be in goals today , and while im not his biggest fan and would prefer to see logan play . he's had some abuse/booing this week and its bound to be having an effect on him professionally and personally , the players are leaping to his defence so he's obviously feeling the heat from the stands
its time to put personal feelings aside , back the guy and give him a loud cheer when his name is read out . get on our feet if he makes a good save and hope that he plays a blinder and gets some confidence back before the play offs

Well said. He's not playing bad deliberately. He's got my backing.

Diclonius
23-04-2016, 10:19 AM
No, no one is getting in the way of my somehow personal hatred for a man who is paid to play football and has no connection to me!

Let's just concentrate on the three points.

ShinyFantastic
23-04-2016, 10:24 AM
There's only one Mark Oxley

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-04-2016, 10:29 AM
There is a world of difference between personal criticism and performance criticism. Not sure that the manager has always done the right thing by him largely IMO because he has had no real competition for his place all season and then when he misses a game his replacement has a flawless performance and then gets dropped. That action can be questioned without the need for personal abuse. Goalies need to be big personalities though because the rest of the team hide behind them when a goal is conceded.

Big L
23-04-2016, 10:29 AM
I've been Ox's biggest critic since the beginning of last season, but I don't dislike the guy in any way. I just feel that we would have had better results if we had a better keeper! That said, every time he goes on the park I hope like hell he plays a blinder as I do with every Hibs player.

HibsNutter
23-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Will always support him while he's on the park but hopefully he'll not be on the park.

Ronniekirk
23-04-2016, 11:06 AM
He will play today and even if he makes a mistake that costs us a goal i wont be booing him Serves no constructive purpose during a game
If the team collectively don't put in a performance and get beat then Booing at the end of a game is the only immediate way fans can vent their disapproval
But there will be no need for that today when we win 4. 0 green grin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfred E Newman
23-04-2016, 12:05 PM
I don't rate him as a goalkeeper but I have to say I felt sorry for him on Wednesday night. He was obviously under huge pressure with a large percentage of the crowd just waiting for his first mistake and of course it was a cracker. He looked totally shattered when he came off at half time.

Ilovehibs
23-04-2016, 12:22 PM
I've been Ox's biggest critic since the beginning of last season, but I don't dislike the guy in any way. I just feel that we would have had better results if we had a better keeper! That said, every time he goes on the park I hope like hell he plays a blinder as I do with every Hibs player.

Says it all.

Come on the boys today.

23-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Any player that pulls on a hibs jersey to play for us will always have my 100% backing.

Pretty Boy
23-04-2016, 12:24 PM
If the manager sticks with him he'll get my backing as always.

eastterrace
23-04-2016, 12:42 PM
There's only one Mark Oxley thank Christ .....only kidding

hfc rd
23-04-2016, 12:48 PM
He's a Hibs player at the end of the day. He will get my backing just like the rest of the team.

Argylehibby
23-04-2016, 07:11 PM
Ox had a really good game today and had a great and brave double save to keep it at nil nil. He didn't have much competition but that just about made him our man of the match!

Unseen work
26-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Ox had a really good game today and had a great and brave double save to keep it at nil nil. He didn't have much competition but that just about made him our man of the match!

Iv just seen the highlights of the game against mouton now.

Funny how this is the only post about the great double save iv seen.

The first get got a knick to take it onto the post and second was fantastic reactions to get back up and incredible bravery to Dive at his feet.

Lets show Credit where it's due guys.

Well done oxley and do the same again tonight. :gwa:

Danderhall Hibs
26-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Iv just seen the highlights of the game against mouton now.

Funny how this is the only post about the great double save iv seen.

The first get got a knick to take it onto the post and second was fantastic reactions to get back up and incredible bravery to Dive at his feet.

Lets show Credit where it's due guys.

Well done oxley and do the same again tonight. :gwa:

Aye it was a real thread stopper that post eh? :hilarious

My_Wife_Camille
26-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Aye it was a real thread stopper that post eh? :hilarious
Was a good bit of goalkeeping. If he keeps it up then we might be able to count all of his saves on two hands by the time the season finishes. Keep it up Ox!

SJM
26-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Should be a quiet night tonight. Keep concentrated and good luck Oxley.

Danderhall Hibs
26-04-2016, 04:27 PM
Was a good bit of goalkeeping. If he keeps it up then we might be able to count all of his saves on two hands by the time the season finishes. Keep it up Ox!

All of them or just the ones you choose to acknowledge?

banarc7062
26-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Think I will revisit this topic at 10.00pm tonight and see if there are any more supportive posts for the goalkeeper / Stubbs.

theonlywayisup
26-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Think I will revisit this topic at 10.00pm tonight and see if there are any more supportive posts for the goalkeeper / Stubbs.

:cb

Malthibby
26-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Didn't put a foot wrong, Dumbarton got nothing from him.
GG

Brightside
26-04-2016, 09:47 PM
so was he injured? not on the bench?

lucky
26-04-2016, 10:01 PM
I spoke to a couple players about him on Sunday and both said Ox was a good keeper but the stick he gets effects the whole team. Maybe it's time we back our players rather than criticise one them which has a detrimental effect on the team

My_Wife_Camille
26-04-2016, 10:31 PM
All of them or just the ones you choose to acknowledge?
Just the ones I remember surely :wink:

SaulGoodman
26-04-2016, 10:33 PM
Much improved tonight.