PDA

View Full Version : Out Of Contract

Keyser Sauzee
22-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Who's is up at the end of the season in the first team?

Humo
22-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Hanlon but I'm not sure who else

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
22-04-2016, 05:01 PM
Gunarsson? Bartley as well?

muzzando
22-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Dagnall is another I believe

Michael
22-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Stevenson?

Edit: nope, got confused with last season.

Fergus52
22-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Gunarsson? Bartley as well?

Pretty sure Bartley was a 2 year deal. Gunnarson is only on loan anyway.

Think its just Hanlon, Dagnall, Thomson, Logan, El Alagui and then all the loans ending.

Will definitely need to sign a few strikers in the summer.

Hermit Crab
22-04-2016, 05:08 PM

Think its just Hanlon, Dagnall, Thomson, Logan, El Alagui and then all the loans ending.

Id let alagui, Dagnall and Thomson go and keep the rest.

Keyser Sauzee
22-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Cheers, didn't realise it was as much as 5 apart from the loan players.

muzzando
22-04-2016, 05:10 PM

Just checked and this is correct. I think Gunnarsson is out of contract at his parent club soon as well so we have a good chance of keeping him as well if we wanted to

Fergus52
22-04-2016, 05:11 PM
Id let alagui, Dagnall and Thomson go and keep the rest.

aye same, would maybe keep Dagnall if his wage isn't too much as if Cummings goes in the summer we'll have no first team strikers.

SJM
22-04-2016, 05:21 PM
aye same, would maybe keep Dagnall if his wage isn't too much as if Cummings goes in the summer we'll have no first team strikers.

What has Dagnall shown for you wanting to keep him?:confused:

scoopyboy
22-04-2016, 05:22 PM

There will be hundreds of strikers out of contract, I would be appalled if we couldn't pick up better than Dagnall.

greenlex
22-04-2016, 05:47 PM
There will be hundreds of strikers out of contract, I would be appalled if we couldn't pick up better than Dagnall.
Yup biggest disappointment of all of stubbs signings. Id quite like to see the boy White from Livingstone added to the squad. He scores goals in a poor Livingston side and has more to his game than shelling the ball onto his noggin although thats an option.

jacomo
22-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Isn't Fyvie coming to the end of a two year deal?

Michael
22-04-2016, 06:39 PM

He signed 2 year deal last summer.

jacomo
22-04-2016, 06:40 PM

Dagnall was getting plaudits for bringing work rate to the team, then pelters because that was ALL he seemed to have, and has barely had a look in since.

Is he really that bad?

stevie-bee
22-04-2016, 06:40 PM

I think he was a 2 year deal last summer

Eyrie
22-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Dagnall was getting plaudits for bringing work rate to the team, then pelters because that was ALL he seemed to have, and has barely had a look in since.

Is he really that bad?

He's like James Collins without the goals. Non-one wants to see a Hibs player struggle, but there is no evidence to support keeping Dagnall.

The Sundance Kid
22-04-2016, 07:02 PM
End of contracts for the current squad
This summer: Henderson (loan), Hanlon, El Alagui, Forster, Logan, Gunnarsson (loan), Stokes (loan), Dagnall, Thomson
Next summer: Oxley, Gray, Fontaine, Bartley, Fyvie, Stevenson, Boyle, Keatings, Carmichael, McGregor, Harris, Cummings, Shaw
2018: McGeouch, Stanton, Handling, Insall, Martin, Allan
2019: McGinn, Virtanen

Going to be busy next summer with at least 13 out of contract at present

Michael
22-04-2016, 07:17 PM
James Collins without the goals.

Brutal!

Ronniekirk
22-04-2016, 07:21 PM
He signed 2 year deal last summer.

But does he have a get out clause if we fail to get promoted and do others
We may never know as still hoping we are going up

Fergus52
22-04-2016, 07:42 PM
What has Dagnall shown for you wanting to keep him?:confused:

He works hard and gets into good positions, didn't take his chances in his first couple of games and has barely had a look in since.

He scored for fun in League 1 last season which is a higher level than the championship or SPL.

Would keep him as back up as we wont have any strikers in the squad over summer assuming that Cummings is away.

SteveHFC
22-04-2016, 07:43 PM
This summer: Henderson (loan), Hanlon, El Alagui, Forster, Logan, Gunnarsson (loan), Stokes (loan), Dagnall, Thomson
Next summer: Oxley, Gray, Fontaine, Bartley, Fyvie, Stevenson, Boyle, Keatings, Carmichael, McGregor, Harris, Cummings, Shaw

Those in bold keep. :hyper

hibsdaft
22-04-2016, 08:28 PM

this could be a great summer - there is the potential to really improve our squad. i'd keep a few of those players, don't get me wrong. Hanlon and Henderson (loan extension?) would be the two i'd focus on.

but next summer is the big the concern - we will want to start tying some of those players down.

Bishop Hibee
22-04-2016, 08:35 PM
He works hard and gets into good positions, didn't take his chances in his first couple of games and has barely had a look in since.

He scored for fun in League 1 last season which is a higher level than the championship or SPL.

Would keep him as back up as we wont have any strikers in the squad over summer assuming that Cummings is away.

The love-in with English lower league football is bizarre. No way is League 1 better than the Scottish Premiership. Also Hibs, the Rangers and Falkirk would do well in it.

On topic, we need to go up or there will be a mass exodus of players in or out of contract.

Nicho87
22-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Players i think we would risk losing if we dont get promotion would be, Fyvie, Cummings, Hanlon. Think mcginn will stay.

El alagui, forster, harris, stanton, dagnall, thomson, keatings i can see being shown the door.

Andy74
22-04-2016, 10:40 PM

A striker that hasn't scored a goal yet in how many appearances?

No thanks.

keep the faith
22-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Yup biggest disappointment of all of stubbs signings. Id quite like to see the boy White from Livingstone added to the squad. He scores goals in a poor Livingston side and has more to his game than shelling the ball onto his noggin although thats an option.

Yep. Been saying that too. White would be a very useful signing for us.

lucky
22-04-2016, 10:57 PM
But does he have a get out clause if we fail to get promoted and do others
We may never know as still hoping we are going up

Where did you here that?

Ronniekirk
22-04-2016, 11:06 PM
Where did you here that?

Just asking the question as a good agent would want to be thinking that way i think ,so would be surprised if one or two didn't have a get out clause in contract in case we f don't go up

Was looking for those more in the know to confirm if they had heard anything

cabbageandribs1875
22-04-2016, 11:16 PM
i caught the tail-end of a conversation between a few fans at the Falkirk game a few weeks back, i think the name was Hanlon and it was 'all the talk' at murray park leading up to that game

well, i'm sure the name hanlon was muttered anyway....gawd i hate missing the whole story/gossip :(

Hi Heid Yin
22-04-2016, 11:17 PM
He's like James Collins without the goals. Non-one wants to see a Hibs player struggle, but there is no evidence to support keeping Dagnall.

I have to agree with your comments re Dagnall. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for him to burst into life and command a regular place in the first team, but neither has happened.
Stubbs sees him in training so I guess that speaks volumes.

Forza Fred
23-04-2016, 02:35 AM

At least he gets on the park.

One of his signings never even made that!

3pm
23-04-2016, 06:10 AM
A striker that hasn't scored a goal yet in how many appearances?

No thanks.

To be fair to him, he hasn't had that many minutes. I am pretty sure that if he'd stayed in the team after his game v St Johnstone and produced the same kind of performances, it's a different type of thread.

He has been a bit unfortunate that Stokes came in.

I agree there will be better out there though.

scoopyboy
23-04-2016, 06:59 AM
Should we fail to get promotion there are cheap options that would do as squad players and score goals for us.

Jordan White and Liam Buchanan have scored loads of goals whilst playing for poor Championship teams.

They would easily outscore Dagnall.

J-C
23-04-2016, 07:12 AM
I think Dagnall was brought in purely as cover due to Farid's injury problems, when Malonga left we needed another proper striker and we got Stokes, since then Stubbs has persisted with Cummings and Stokes with the others not getting a look in, we now have too many strikers with none of the other 3 really being good enough to push for a start.

It has been shown over the past 2 seasons that our goal to shot ratio is very poor and has been our achilles heel, if we stay down we need goal scorers but we also need pace up top and in midfield with a real playmaker to make the chances plus wingers would be nice.

Andy74
23-04-2016, 08:02 AM
I think Dagnall was brought in purely as cover due to Farid's injury problems, when Malonga left we needed another proper striker and we got Stokes, since then Stubbs has persisted with Cummings and Stokes with the others not getting a look in, we now have too many strikers with none of the other 3 really being good enough to push for a start.

It has been shown over the past 2 seasons that our goal to shot ratio is very poor and has been our achilles heel, if we stay down we need goal scorers but we also need pace up top and in midfield with a real playmaker to make the chances plus wingers would be nice.

Stokes was here already when we agreed to let Malonga go.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-04-2016, 09:28 AM
Id let dagnall go and give farid a new 1 year deal on reduced wages. ..thomson will be coaching anyway

J-C
23-04-2016, 09:32 AM
Stokes was here already when we agreed to let Malonga go.

He may well have been here but they already knew that Malonga was leaving, just tying up loose ends on his move.

--------
23-04-2016, 09:38 AM

We HAD better than Dagnall and we let him go.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Anyone know who's out of contract in the SPFL? Could be a few decent names.

Andy74
23-04-2016, 10:49 AM
He may well have been here but they already knew that Malonga was leaving, just tying up loose ends on his move.

Malonga didn't make his mind up until the night before he went. We were after Stokes for weeks. He wasn't a replacement for Malonga. If anything we switched the loans of Anier and Stokes.

Allant1981
23-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Id let dagnall go and give farid a new 1 year deal on reduced wages. ..thomson will be coaching anyway

No way should farid get a new deal, his body is done, no point in wasting money

Eyrie
23-04-2016, 11:38 AM
We HAD better than Dagnall and we let him go.
We had two better players - Malonga and Anier. Dagnall was brought in to replace Anier when Stubbs decided to let him go back to United, despite the fact that he was on loan for the entire season. He didn't replace Malonga because we didn't let Malonga leave until Stokes was definitely coming.

Malonga didn't make his mind up until the night before he went. We were after Stokes for weeks. He wasn't a replacement for Malonga. If anything we switched the loans of Anier and Stokes.
If Stokes had been the intended replacement for Anier then we wouldn't have brought in Dagnall.

J-C
23-04-2016, 12:29 PM

We couldn't let him go until we knew for sure Stokes was coming, I know you've been upset by Malonga going but you have to remember he left for family reasons, he was always going back this summer but we allowed him to go early as we had acquired Stokes as his replacement. Once he was allowed to go, it took 10 days to sort out the club and costs etc, you're arguing over who came in for who and it makes not a jot, players come and go all the time, it's the nature of he beast.

itslegaltender
23-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Given where we are in the season and he hasnt signed , it would suggest Hanlon is offski at the very least if we dont get promoted.

The Sundance Kid
23-04-2016, 12:43 PM
Given where we are in the season and he hasnt signed , it would suggest Hanlon is offski at the very least if we dont get promoted.

To be fair, last season no players signed new deals before the end of the season. Then Gray, Fontaine, Fyvie, McGeouch, Stevenson and Boyle all signed in the close season so wouldn't read too much into the fact he hasn't signed anything yet. Doubt we'll be in the position to offer firm contracts until we know which league we'll be in next season

J-C
23-04-2016, 12:51 PM

I think it was documented somewhere that both Hanlon and the club were happy to put contract talks on the back burner to concentrate on the league etc, we'll just have to wait and see with this one.

ancient hibee
24-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Hanlon for Parkhead??

Fergus52
24-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Someone posted an interview from a few years ago where Hanlon said he'd happily spend his whole career here.

I know words are cheap, but he's a big hibs fan so I'd like to think he meant it.

Only way I can see us not retaining him is if he fail to get promoted and can only afford to offer him greatly reduced terms.

jdships
25-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Speaking with one of the " Development Team" backroom staff it appears there is a bit of " flaffing about" going on with some of the " out of contract " players
It would seem that a number don't want another year ( or more) in the Championship and are holding off until things get sorted out re promotion
Sounds reasonable to me given it is their career earnings that are on the line here :rolleyes:

Godsahibby
25-04-2016, 09:28 AM
I had heard that Hanlon had a few offers from down south but hasn't decided yet. I think like many others it will depend on what league we are in or if there is any European football.

J-C
25-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Speaking with one of the " Development Team" backroom staff it appears there is a bit of " flaffing about" going on with some of the " out of contract " players
It would seem that a number don't want another year ( or more) in the Championship and are holding off until things get sorted out re promotion
Sounds reasonable to me given it is their career earnings that are on the line here :rolleyes:

A wee bit rich as it's surely their responsibility to get the wins to get us out of here.

CallumLaidlaw
25-04-2016, 09:36 AM

Maybe they should actually make it look like they want to get out of this league then

Brightside
25-04-2016, 10:06 AM
I had heard that Hanlon had a few offers from down south but hasn't decided yet. I think like many others it will depend on what league we are in or if there is any European football.

Well there is zero chance of any european football for a while!

CallumLaidlaw
25-04-2016, 10:07 AM

Not really zero chance. Beat Rangers and we're in the Europa league qualifiers.

GreenPJ
25-04-2016, 10:09 AM

Scottish cup win?

Brightside
25-04-2016, 10:09 AM
Not really zero chance. Beat Rangers and we're in the Europa league qualifiers.Oh aye - i forgot Rangers beat Celtic!! :greengrin

Gatecrasher
25-04-2016, 10:22 AM
I think Hanlon is being a bit overhyped in this thread, aye he's a decent player but with Rangers and Celtic being mentioned? If I was a celtic or Rangers fan and heard Hanlon was coming in I would be worried about the standard of player coming into the club. If he stays then that's good for us but if he goes we can replace him, he's no more than a decent defender for the level we are at.

Brightside
25-04-2016, 10:35 AM
I think Hanlon is being a bit overhyped in this thread, aye he's a decent player but with Rangers and Celtic being mentioned? If I was a celtic or Rangers fan and heard Hanlon was coming in I would be worried about the standard of player coming into the club. If he stays then that's good for us but if he goes we can replace him, he's no more than a decent defender for the level we are at.

He's better than anything Rangers currently have. If we signed Wilson tomorrow id be gutted.

SJM
25-04-2016, 11:09 AM
If he moves it will be down south not rangers.

greenlex
25-04-2016, 11:33 PM
He's better than anything Rangers currently have. If we signed Wilson tomorrow id be gutted.

Or Celtic for that matter.

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2016, 11:37 PM
I think Hanlon is being a bit overhyped in this thread, aye he's a decent player but with Rangers and Celtic being mentioned? If I was a celtic or Rangers fan and heard Hanlon was coming in I would be worried about the standard of player coming into the club. If he stays then that's good for us but if he goes we can replace him, he's no more than a decent defender for the level we are at.He is better than Wilson, Kiernan and Ambrose without a shadow of a doubt.

matty_f
25-04-2016, 11:39 PM
He is better than Wilson, Kiernan and Ambrose without a shadow of a doubt.

:agree: I find it bizarre how some people don't rate Hanlon. I think he's a cracking player that has got better as he's got older.

hibees 7062
26-04-2016, 12:12 AM
:agree: I find it bizarre how some people don't rate Hanlon. I think he's a cracking player that has got better as he's got older.

Still young as well Matty and will get even better

frazeHFC
26-04-2016, 10:23 AM
If we don't go up and Hanlon decides to leave then I wouldn't blame him, just hopefully it's down South. Would be some end to his Hibs career if he could lift the cup in his last game! Really hope we manage to keep him though.

mmmmhibby
26-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Or Celtic for that matter.

If that's what you believe, then hanlon is offski....if he is better than anything celtic or rangers presently have (in your opinion) at CH then he has to be away come the end of the season. Of course others would disagree.