PDA

View Full Version : Hibs squad cup final song?

Rory
22-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Guess the diary is a tad busy. What tune/lyrics would you like the players to have a go at for the final?

h185forever
22-04-2016, 03:25 PM
I believe I can fly - R Kelly

self belief .....they're more than halfway there !!!

or .......Caledonia - Dougie MacLean

Northernhibee
22-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Yakedy Sax. Just for the teams running out of the tunnel.

LustForLeith
22-04-2016, 03:45 PM
Miss the days of cup final songs being released by clubs. Videos of players in recording booths with over sized headphones on.

Class!

Andy74
22-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Something by The Smiths probably

Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want or That joke Isn't Funny Anymore maybe.

Keith_M
22-04-2016, 05:31 PM
An updated version of Anfield Rap (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcy3gwwxat4), the most cringeworthy football song of all time.

DUX
22-04-2016, 05:48 PM
The Drifters

''Come on over to my place Hey you we're having a party''

Pete
22-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Fields of Athenry to celebrate our heritage.

Yes. :agree:

emerald green
22-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Please. Just no.

DUX
22-04-2016, 05:56 PM

No!

greenlex
Please. Just no.
I think yer safe.Theyre too busy playing fitba.

Pete
God save the Queen.

The sex pistols version.

Vini1875
The Holy Ground

DUX
22-04-2016, 05:58 PM
God save the Queen.

The sex pistols version.

Love it!

Or Anarchy in the Uk or Holiday in the Sun :agree:

Leithenhibby
22-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Guess the diary is a tad busy. What tune/lyrics would you like the players to have a go at for the final?

"Hibernian give us a goal" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiizMR1tYv0

Tried and tested, would be a sure winner for me.

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

GGTTH

Eyrie
22-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Purely because of who we're playing, I'd go with this one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqqpq1JYclk).

Viva_Palmeiras
22-04-2016, 06:51 PM
http://youtu.be/-b3XTj5G_SA

22-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Disneys Mulan's "i'll make a man out of you"

Purely for the opening line - "Lets get down to business, to defeat the huns" :greengrin

DUX
22-04-2016, 07:08 PM
"Hibernian give us a goal" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiizMR1tYv0

Tried and tested, would be a sure winner for me.

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

GGTTH

''Hibs Hibs Hibs for the cup, Our team's the greatest they never give up''

This is the year!

:gwa:

Glorious St Pat
22-04-2016, 07:26 PM
No!

See the Hibby Huns are out in force

Northernhibee
22-04-2016, 07:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4k29rpQGG4

Glorious St Pat
22-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Soldiers song!

s.a.m
22-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Something by The Smiths probably

Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want or That joke Isn't Funny Anymore maybe.

:greengrin

monktonharp
22-04-2016, 07:45 PM
canned heat ------let's work together. do like the fields though, a nice oul' love song but many relate it to other things

DUX
22-04-2016, 07:47 PM

Absurd!

Just not into divisive songs that's all.

Northernhibee
22-04-2016, 07:50 PM
A reworked version of 'Uptown Funk'?

Hibees for the cup, said Hibees for the cup

Hibs gonna give it to ya
Hibs gonna give it to ya
Hibs gonna give it to ya
Saturday's up and we'll lift the cup
Don't believe us, just watch...

Glorious St Pat
22-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Absurd!

Just not into divisive songs that's all.

So how the **** is an Irish ballad based on the famine and introduced by Celtic in the McCann era as a compromise against previous naughty songs divisive?

Would love to hear it at the Holy Ground but too many do gooders and anti Irish bigots around.

DUX
22-04-2016, 07:52 PM

Hibs gonna give it to ya
Hibs gonna give it to ya
Hibs gonna give it to ya

:greengrin

Deja vu is it.

I'm sure you posted that one for the Jason Cummings song as well?

Brilliant!

monktonharp
22-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Absurd!

Just not into divisive songs that's all.lets not upset der hun . let's ram it doon their throats if we win the bloody thing.! if they get in front,there will be nae stopping their divisive songs, that's for bloody sure.

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2016, 07:54 PM
An updated version of Anfield Rap (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcy3gwwxat4), the most cringeworthy football song of all time.

That was pure class :-)

DUX
22-04-2016, 07:55 PM
So how the **** is an Irish ballad based on the famine and introduced by Celtic in the McCann era as a compromise against previous naughty songs divisive?

Would love to hear it at the Holy Ground but too many do gooders and anti Irish bigots around.

Bud believe me there are no Irish bigots. The world moves on and we are one big open hi bee family from all faiths, nationalities and religious backgrounds.

Scottish/Irish/English and all over the world bud.

:aok:

Glorious St Pat
22-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Bud believe me there are no Irish bigots. The world moves on and we are one big open hi bee family from all faiths, nationalities and religious backgrounds.

Scottish/Irish/English and all over the world bud.

Totally agree but it seems anything pro Irish on here is frowned upon by some. My branch donated a marble Harp and shamrocks to the Hibs for our 140th anniversary - what about getting it on the main stand to dispel the gypsy curse. I'd try anything!

Pete
22-04-2016, 08:07 PM
So Celtic symphony it is then. All agreed. :agree:

We can just replace the references to Celtic with Hibs ones.

SteveHFC
22-04-2016, 08:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6FBfAQ-NDE

Just to wind up the rangers supporters.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-04-2016, 08:09 PM

Hibs gonna give it to ya
Hibs gonna give it to ya
Hibs gonna give it to ya

Hibs will funk it up a said Hibs will funk it up ;)
I said "FUNK"!!!!

DUX
22-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Totally agree but it seems anything pro Irish on here is frowned upon by some. My branch donated a marble Harp and shamrocks to the Hibs for our 140th anniversary - what about getting it on the main stand to dispel the gypsy curse. I'd try anything!

To be honest bud I'd rather we put up a massive rainbow colored celebratory emblem to celebrate all faiths/sexualities/nationalities and support human rights!

I want the club to celebrate open diversity.

monktonharp
22-04-2016, 08:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6FBfAQ-NDE

Just to wind up the rangers supporters.the OP was actually on about the song that the team should do. this one is actually spot on, for the Hibs fans . Although it's captured by the Celtic fans, and they nare good at it , I think it would be brilliant. not enough Hibernian fans would get into it though. would also love to see us doin' the Posnan, but only if we get 3 ahead.:wink: my heart couldnae stand scoring the first goal of the game, with ten minutes still to go. the emergency services have a duty to be near me, if we look like winning.

WeeRussell
22-04-2016, 09:06 PM

Give it a rest, please. Nobody on here has anything against the Irish. It's the persistent attempts to try and justify making us akin to the ugly sisters that people can't be bothered with.

SteveHFC
22-04-2016, 09:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4k29rpQGG4

You NH have decent taste in music :not worth

Glorious St Pat
22-04-2016, 09:32 PM
To be honest bud I'd rather we put up a massive rainbow colored celebratory emblem to celebrate all faiths/sexualities/nationalities and support human rights!

I want the club to celebrate open diversity.

But then: : "oh the Hibees are gay!"

Glorious St Pat
22-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Give it a rest, please. Nobody on here has anything against the Irish. It's the persistent attempts to try and justify making us akin to the ugly sisters that people can't be bothered with.

Pish - first to wear the green, first to fight for Irish homeland, first to wear the harp - yet anything said for our roots is besmirched by those who wish it wasn't a proud heritable past. God bless Hannan and Whelehan for our club that we know today and those that disregard it - I dispair.

Erin Go Bragh

DUX
22-04-2016, 09:39 PM

Bud I could'nt give a monkey's who sings anything like that. I will happily stand up for gay rights and civil liberties.

Human Rights are not to be given up easily.

I get you. I love the Hi bees too and know the roots but I'm proud most Hi bees are socially progressive.

22-04-2016, 09:45 PM

proud of our Irish roots and proud to celebrate it. Unlike celtic we can celebrate our Irish roots and heritage without becoming bigotted. But we just dont want to get involved in all the nonsense that goes on in Glasgow.

marinello59
22-04-2016, 09:51 PM

You have your own branch? Well done you. :greengrin

Pete
22-04-2016, 09:54 PM

If anyone sings that the joke is now firmly on them.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2016, 10:00 PM

Oh how I love the irony in this second post after your first one.

Glorious St Pat
22-04-2016, 10:03 PM
proud of our Irish roots and proud to celebrate it. Unlike celtic we can celebrate our Irish roots and heritage without becoming bigotted. But we just dont want to get involved in all the nonsense that goes on in Glasgow.

Same auld argument I had at the LC final after two guys behind me protested against some Hibs fans proudly flying the Irish flag. There are some Hibbies who will never accept wholly our roots but say at the same time they are proud of it. I don't like Hibbies flying a Hibby union flag but at get it as do others who recognise our roots - Irish and proud and nothing bigoted to be about other than their own conscience.

Michael
22-04-2016, 10:05 PM
With Jason Cummings hair it surely should be something by the Backstreet Boys! He'd look the part in the video at least!

Pete
22-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Right, we all agreed then.

Something by Jive Bunny. :agree:

DUX
22-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Same auld argument I had at the LC final after two guys behind me protested against some Hibs fans proudly flying the Irish flag. There are some Hibbies who will never accept wholly our roots but say at the same time they are proud of it. I don't like Hibbies flying a Hibby union flag but at get it as do others who recognise our roots - Irish and proud and nothing bigoted to be about other than their own conscience.

Bud the club has evolved thankfully into not just being an Edinburgh Scottish Club set up by Irish settlers but an open world wide socially progressive institution that has people from all faiths, nationalities, sexuality, background.

It's Hibs Class to be socially progressive and welcome all faiths etc.

Bostonhibby
22-04-2016, 10:22 PM

Not for me, I just can't see it working without authentic fiddle players being flown in as an accompaniment like what I heard on my Dubliners 40 greatest re mixed hits CD.

Pete
22-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Not for me, I just can't see it working without authentic fiddle players being flown in as an accompaniment like what I heard on my Dubliners 40 greatest re mixed hits CD.

Well, make it happen.

Sevco will no doubt be shipping in some authentic flute players so why not?

Bostonhibby
22-04-2016, 10:50 PM
Well, make it happen.

Sevco will no doubt be shipping in some authentic flute players so why not?

It'll be easier for them to sneak the flutes in though, have you ever tried secreting a fiddle and bow about your person?

Or is that a hobbies and interests thread on Kickback?

Salisbury Hibby
22-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Pish - first to wear the green, first to fight for Irish homeland, first to wear the harp - yet anything said for our roots is besmirched by those who wish it wasn't a proud heritable past. God bless Hannan and Whelehan for our club that we know today and those that disregard it - I dispair.

Erin Go Bragh
That's it though. It's the past and although we're all aware of it, it is now 2016. Not 1875.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

monktonharp
22-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Well, make it happen.

Sevco will no doubt be shipping in some authentic flute players so why not?they didn't have to, the last time I was at a final with them. Celtic Park, LC final and there was a "band" at half time. I do remember vividly that the said "band" approached our end suddenly offering a designed swagger, to emulate previous "walks" that we all know of. the main result of that being about a dozen Hibs fans arrested for being more than annoyed at the so called display by the so called band. mainly drummers, but the intention was well put, imho. If they could get away with it on the 21st, Id be least surprised.

ManBearPig
22-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Always liked ideas of team america world police theme song but instead of
'America *** yeah!'
It would be
Hibernian *** yeah!

For those of you that have seen that excellent work of cinema

FranckSuzy
22-04-2016, 11:56 PM

Correct, the St. Patrick's branch of the Hibernian Supporters Association did indeed....as it is a replica of our Club's original crest - and it was to mark the 140th anniversary. Nothing more, nothing less. Hibs, like the St. Patrick's branch, welcomes people of all religions and also none so it's not about being "pro" anything, it's about being inclusive :aok:

California-Hibs
23-04-2016, 12:23 AM

Spot on! I have no problems flying the Irish flag at Hibs games and have done many times before. I enjoy seeing a few on show these days when watching on tv.

People seem to think that by merely flying an Irish flag makes a person a bigoted, and that couldn't be more wrong!

Some people pretend to be proud of our Irish roots, but really, they're uncomfortable and not proud at all.

Well done, and keep the flag flying with pride, nothing wrong with it at all!

No Irish immigrants = No Hibernian!

marinello59
23-04-2016, 06:34 AM

Erin Go Bragh

How many times are you going to regurgitate this garbage? Hibs fans are comfortable with our roots. I don't know a single fan who isn't, we all take pride in our history. What we don't do is wallow in the past and twist our history in to something it never was to suit our own agenda. It's telling that you dismiss anybody who does not share your own 19th century world view as a 'Hibby Hun.' I would respectfully suggest that remarks like that make you look like the sort of bigot you probably think you are fighting against.

Mr White
23-04-2016, 06:50 AM
It's not easy being green by kermit the frog.

scm70nyd1973
23-04-2016, 07:11 AM
Embrace and the song Gravity.

Not too sure about the band but I quite liked the song and think the lyrics reflect how I have felt about the long wait to get our winning hands on the Holy Grail - kept listening to it pre "that final" and thought that if we did it I would have it on all the time thereafter - maybe one day !

Biggest fear for me - and probably for many dudes my age (53 now) or more - is that I croak before we get it !!

Living in NZ now (must alter my details) and this will be the first cup final I have missed since the Dryburgh cup final in '72 - mind you maybe it has been me that has caused all the heartache - a fair few of us could have that claim to fame though.

FranckSuzy
23-04-2016, 07:31 AM
How many times are you going to regurgitate this garbage? Hibs fans are comfortable with our roots. I don't know a single fan who isn't, we all take pride in our history. What we don't do is wallow in the past and twist our history in to something it never was to suit our own agenda. It's telling that you dismiss anybody who does not share your own 19th century world view as a 'Hibby Hun.' I would respectfully suggest that remarks like that make you look like the sort of bigot you probably think you are fighting against.

:agree:

davidw
23-04-2016, 09:20 AM

Well said.

Eyrie
23-04-2016, 11:27 AM

Nobody is ashamed of our roots and we're all happy to recognise them, but those roots were in the 19th century. This is the 21st century and an atheist Scot like me is as welcome at Easter Road as a full blooded Irish devout Catholic immigrant.

Keith_M
23-04-2016, 11:31 AM
That was pure class :-)

No, it really wasn't

:na na:

23-04-2016, 11:33 AM

Very well said Marinello59 :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
23-04-2016, 01:21 PM

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif