PDA

View Full Version : Highlights v The Rangers

AndyB_70
21-04-2016, 10:39 PM
The first goal is as bad as I thought it was. Still confused as how it wasn't cleared. I gave Ox the benefit of the doubt for the 2nd but how slow was he getting across to it?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36098535

WestEndHibee
22-04-2016, 07:12 AM
The first goal is as bad as I thought it was. Still confused as how it wasn't cleared. I gave Ox the benefit of the doubt for the 2nd but how slow was he getting across to it?

Personally, my highlights were our goals. Each to their own though.

GlesgaeHibby
22-04-2016, 07:48 AM

I'm not Oxley's biggest fan, and feel Stubbs got it wrong bringing him back in after Logan's heroics at the weekend. However, I don't think he's at fault for the second goal, it's some strike from McKay.

I also don't agree with the booing of the Ox. I don't rate him, never have, but if Stubbs picks him then it's up to the fans to get behind the whole team incuding Oxley.

scoopyboy
22-04-2016, 09:29 AM

Years ago we were just delighted to beat Rangers.

These days we have to find guilty employees irrespective of how good a win it was.

paddy1875
22-04-2016, 09:45 AM
Years ago we were just delighted to beat Rangers. These days we have to find guilty employees irrespective of how good a win it was.

That's correct. It was a good win for us. People only think negative because we were challenging before our collapse. We done well to get them into our sights then we thought we could win the league. Couple that with Falkirk pushing us hard for second place. The false hope has made people anxious now as we get to the end of the season.

Everybody needs to take a deep breath and relax just now. Even now I'm nervous as ever wondering what's round the corner. I'm sure we all are. People having digs at each other left right and centre over their own opinions. Everyone on here has their OWN opinion. Just take it in and relax.

Diclonius
22-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Hibs beat Rangers 3-2.

Most popular reflection on the game: "Our keeper was ***** for their first"

?????

Billychaotic182
22-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Not keen on Oxley either but we are quick to point out his mistakes, why is no one mentioning his save when tavernier was one on one? Or his stop against Holt at the end, also coming at collecting the ball at the corner before full time. Look at the way the players rallied round him at the end when he cought the corner (on sky highlights not the BBC ones) not a happy clapper by any means and not a fan of Oxley but he was under unnecessarily pressure that game and his one mistake didn't cost us. So great win!

Ozyhibby
22-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Years ago we were just delighted to beat Rangers.

These days we have to find guilty employees irrespective of how good a win it was.

Hibs beat Rangers 3-2.

Most popular reflection on the game: "Our keeper was ***** for their first"

?????

That's because this isn't the same Rangers.
The old Rangers, who were harder to beat, died.

Ozyhibby
22-04-2016, 10:16 AM
I agree though that there is no sense now in getting on the players backs. There is only 4 weeks left of the season and nothing will change between now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Very very harsh to blame Oxley for the second hun goal. It was a fantastic strike from the boy. Oxley was at full stretch but it was an unstopable strike.

Dunedin Hibs
22-04-2016, 11:43 AM
That's correct. It was a good win for us. People only think negative because we were challenging before our collapse. We done well to get them into our sights then we thought we could win the league. Couple that with Falkirk pushing us hard for second place. The false hope has made people anxious now as we get to the end of the season.

Everybody needs to take a deep breath and relax just now. Even now I'm nervous as ever wondering what's round the corner. I'm sure we all are. People having digs at each other left right and centre over their own opinions. Everyone on here has their OWN opinion. Just take it in and relax.

Totally agree, well said. We won the game ( a very important one for us), now on to the next one...let's get behind our team and manager, we are all Hibs supporters after all.

WeeRussell
22-04-2016, 11:50 AM
I'm not Oxley's biggest fan, and feel Stubbs got it wrong bringing him back in after Logan's heroics at the weekend. However, I don't think he's at fault for the second goal, it's some strike from McKay.

I also don't agree with the booing of the Ox. I don't rate him, never have, but if Stubbs picks him then it's up to the fans to get behind the whole team incuding Oxley.

My thoughts entirely from start to finish.

It's not often I agree so fully with a Glaswegian :greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
22-04-2016, 12:36 PM
My thoughts entirely from start to finish.

It's not often I agree so fully with a Glaswegian :greengrin

It's ok, I'm not really a weegie, just happened to be living there when I joined hibs.net - from East Lothian and have been living in Edinburgh since I graduated.