PDA

View Full Version : Big thank you all

BG23
21-04-2016, 09:43 PM
I am Martin glancy's father and would just like to say on behalf of my wife and myself a huge thanks for all the kind thoughts and messages. To say we are devastated is an understatement as we both cannot get to grips with our tragic loss. Over the last year Martin scaled down his bibs tv work purely due to my wife being very ill and he could not guarantee being available. He loved doing the work for hibs tv and did so for many years. Martin for years travelled on the central branch of the hibs supporters bus and had many happy memories. Thank you again to everyone.

hfc rd
21-04-2016, 09:44 PM
God bless. Martin was a joy to listen to on Hibs TV.

DUX
21-04-2016, 09:45 PM
I am Martin glancy's father and would just like to say on behalf of my wife and myself a huge thanks for all the kind thoughts and messages. To say we are devastated is an understatement as we both cannot get to grips with our tragic loss. Over the last year Martin scaled down his bibs tv work purely due to my wife being very ill and he could not guarantee being available. He loved doing the work for bibs tv and did so for many years. Martin for years travelled on the central branch of the bibs supporters bus and had many happy memories. Thank you again to everyone.

God bless you!

Thoughts are with you and family.

Northernhibee
21-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Thanks for posting - very sorry for your loss. I'm sure that the Hibernian community will all be thinking of you all just now.

Jonnyboy
21-04-2016, 09:48 PM
I am Martin glancy's father and would just like to say on behalf of my wife and myself a huge thanks for all the kind thoughts and messages. To say we are devastated is an understatement as we both cannot get to grips with our tragic loss. Over the last year Martin scaled down his bibs tv work purely due to my wife being very ill and he could not guarantee being available. He loved doing the work for bibs tv and did so for many years. Martin for years travelled on the central branch of the bibs supporters bus and had many happy memories. Thank you again to everyone.

He was a lovely lad, B and a good and loyal friend. My heart goes out to you and yours at this sad time

John

Viva_Palmeiras
21-04-2016, 09:49 PM
Just posted on the other thread. Sorry to be posting in such circumstances. I'm glad you've found some comfort from the word of friends, colleagues and even strangers genuine in their appreciation of your son.

Cabbage East
21-04-2016, 09:50 PM
His commentary was great. Sorry for your loss.

s.a.m
21-04-2016, 09:51 PM
It's difficult to know what to say, other than I'm terribly sorry for your tragic and sudden loss, and that my thoughts are with you. Although he didn't live for anywhere near enough years, it's striking that he has made a big impression on a lot of people.

Nevi_SOL
21-04-2016, 09:51 PM
Thoughts are with you and your family.

Jay
21-04-2016, 10:01 PM
So sorry for your loss. I'll always remember the passion he had for hibs through the commentary and the screaming joy we heard when Hibs scored. He came across as a true gent. Sadly missed but very fondly remembered.

JimBHibees
21-04-2016, 10:10 PM
You should be very proud of the impact your boy had on so many people. Stay strong and remember the good times. RIP Martin

FranckSuzy
21-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Thank you for coming on here, today of all days, and I hope you and your wife gain some small comfort from how the terrible news is being received. You and yours are part of the Hibernian family so are not alone - RIP Martin. "Forever I'll be singing to the angels high above".

O'Rourke3
21-04-2016, 10:19 PM
So sorry for your loss.

WeeRussell
21-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Deepest of condolences to you and the family - and credit to you for taking the time to post the above words during such circumstances.

RIP

Dalkeith Boy
21-04-2016, 10:23 PM
I'm in Canada...and he was my Hibee eyes and ears for many games...I loved his voice and his manner. I am shocked and deeply saddened and offer my condolences to Martin's family and close friends

trev the hat
21-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Never met Martin but listened many times on Hibs TV & his passion for Hibs shone through in his commentary & struck a chord with many a Hibee including myself.
God Bless at this very difficult time.

SJM
21-04-2016, 10:42 PM
God bless you Mr G, Sir, every thought with you and your wife just now at this horrible time.

Monts
21-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Really sorry to hear this. A good hibby gone too soon. So sorry for your loss.

jacomo
21-04-2016, 11:20 PM
Thanks for posting - very sorry for your loss. I'm sure that the Hibernian community will all be thinking of you all just now.

:agree:

I didn't know Martin, but clearly a man loved and liked by many.

Thoughts are with your family.

matty_f
21-04-2016, 11:22 PM
Did the Back Four radio show on a number of occasions with Martin and he was a cracking guy. Thoughts are with you.

R'Albin
21-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Thoughts are with you at this awful time.

R.I.P Martin

Forza Fred
21-04-2016, 11:26 PM
:agree:

I didn't know Martin, but clearly a man loved and liked by many.

Thoughts are with your family.

Never had the privilege of meeting Martin, but having been a frequenter of the HibsClub in the early seventies, knew a few of what would have been relatives, as The Council' at that time had A couple on it I think.

Terrible news, and my thoughts with you and your family.

legends of 73
21-04-2016, 11:27 PM
So sad of your loss Brian take care pal- Charlie W💔💚💚

DUX
21-04-2016, 11:38 PM
There's a nice tribute to Martin on the Hibs official site.

God bless.

PeeJay
22-04-2016, 06:44 AM
I am Martin glancy's father and would just like to say on behalf of my wife and myself a huge thanks for all the kind thoughts and messages. To say we are devastated is an understatement as we both cannot get to grips with our tragic loss. Over the last year Martin scaled down his bibs tv work purely due to my wife being very ill and he could not guarantee being available. He loved doing the work for hibs tv and did so for many years. Martin for years travelled on the central branch of the hibs supporters bus and had many happy memories. Thank you again to everyone.

Sorry to hear of your family's loss sir - Martin's commentary and passion for his club were heard and enjoyed far beyond the shores of his hometown - sad day for the Hibs family ...

alihibs1
22-04-2016, 06:53 AM
❤❤ "his memory marches on"

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2016, 07:03 AM
I never knew Martin, but he's given me and many more some very memorable moments and memories. I cant imagine what you are going through, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2016, 07:15 AM
Condolences to you and your Family Brian.

Thoughts are with you all.

Brockie x

dangermouse
22-04-2016, 07:25 AM

Really sorry for your loss. Having lost a son of a similar age not that long ago I share your pain. You can take some solace from the messages on here in that your son brought joy to many people and will be sorely missed.

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2016, 07:26 AM
Mr Glancy,

I never knew Martin but have been moved to tears reading some of the tributes to your son who undoubtedly touched the hearts of many Hibees from near and far. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Keith.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-04-2016, 08:08 AM
Sorry for your loss RIP Martin.

This is from an old member of St Giles who used to travel on the bus from the Grassmarket run by Bernie Glancy.

Flanny boy
22-04-2016, 08:23 AM
May your son rest in peace sir and thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Lucius Apuleius
22-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Sincere condolences Mr Glancy. I never knew your son in any manner however he sounds a gentleman and a man I would happily have a pint with. Thoughts and prayers with you and the family.

Stevie Reid
22-04-2016, 09:38 AM

All the many, many kind words written about Martin demonstrate just what a credit he is to you and your wife. Thoughts are with you and your family.

Alex Trager
22-04-2016, 09:56 AM
Thoughts are with you guys. Devastating news. Let's hope the boys win the cup for him!

The Green Goblin
22-04-2016, 10:07 AM
Like another poster put it very well, Martin was "my Hibs eyes and ears" for many years as I tuned in to watch the games from far away. He brought me closer to home with his fantastic commentating and he had such a passion for the club that shone through his commentary, it made the homesickness fade away for a while and things seem alright again.

I was really really sad when I read the news and just can not imagine how you must be feeling. But it is clear that Martin was known, appreciated, admired and loved by many friends and fans. We can all only hope to make an impact like that on so many people and make their lives a bit better.

You are in my thoughts and, like many others, I will remember Martin.

22-04-2016, 11:03 AM
So very sorry for your loss, cannot even begin to imagine how you and your family must be feeling right now, such a terrible tragedy. I didn't know Martin personally, but I know people who did and I think its very clear to see that he was a very well liked guy who will be greatly missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him.

All my thoughts and sympathies with you and your family at this awful time.

H18S NX
22-04-2016, 11:05 AM
My condolences to you and your family Brian RIP.Gordon Cullen.

Ilovehibs
22-04-2016, 12:18 PM
Sincere condolences to you, your wife and all your family at this most awful time for you. Your son's memory will go marching on. He was such a likeable guy. May he rest in peace with the angels high above. Our thoughts are with you.

Aldo
22-04-2016, 12:24 PM

Condolences BG. Thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time!

JT Fae The Toon
22-04-2016, 12:45 PM

Sorry for your loss BG.

There is also a thread across on JKB.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/160210-hibstv-commentator-passes-away-nhc/

Juice-Terry
22-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Condolences at this very difficult time. RIP Martin - and thanks for the great commentary. GGTTH!

norhfc
22-04-2016, 01:11 PM
RIP Martin and condolences to the family and friends, from a keen listener to HibsTv in Norway.

johnbc70
22-04-2016, 01:20 PM
You are no doubt very proud of having a son who clearly made a positive impact on those who knew him and even those that just knew him through his voice. Rip Martin.

wookie70
22-04-2016, 02:31 PM
Brian, my Hibs supporting days started on the Central Branch bus going to all the games with my Uncle James, you and Alan. They were great days even if the team was pretty grim. Many a happy night down at Powderhall too.

James has kept me up to date with your family over the years and I was very shocked and saddened to hear about the terrible loss of Martin. You haven't had your troubles to seek these last few years. Although I never knew Martin, like many, I have heard his voice and enjoyed the passion he had for the team we love.

Thinking of you at this terrible time
Simon

givescotlandfreedom
22-04-2016, 04:49 PM
My heartfelt condolences to your family and loved ones.

Keith_M
22-04-2016, 05:35 PM
I'm really sad for your loss. I know it's no compensation but Martin seems to be have one very popular guy.

StokePogesHibs
22-04-2016, 09:44 PM
BG,

I was so saddened to hear about Martin. I live by Hibs TV for connection to the club as I live in America. Whether he was commentating or on the email 'help desk' he was brilliant. One time when I couldn't get on he sent me his username and password to use. Last year ago he bumped into my dad at a petrol station and was talking to him about him conversing with me re Hibs TV. I've said elsewhere that he commentated as a 'fans fan'. He will be sorely missed and I sincerely hope the club give him the send off he deserves. I think he'd take a Scottish Cup win. Condolences to you and your family but please know that he has many friends that will miss him in Edinburgh and beyond.

RIP Martin....GGTTH