PDA

View Full Version : Promotion and Scottish Cup win odds?

Fred Perry
21-04-2016, 08:52 PM
Not usually a gambler but just have a feeling for this, can anyone find odds on Hibs to get promoted and win Scottish Cup?

Pretty Boy
21-04-2016, 08:57 PM
I can't find any having a quick glance online but if you go into any high street bookies I'm sure they will be happy to quote you a price.

Onceinawhile
21-04-2016, 08:58 PM
Well we're 2/1 to win the Scottish Cup probably about the same to go up. So that would be 8/1 if my calculations are correct

Fred Perry
21-04-2016, 09:00 PM
I can't find any having a quick glance online but if you go into any high street bookies I'm sure they will be happy to quote you a price.

Cheers, yeh had a look online but couldn't see anything either, shifts mean I can't get into bookies before kick off on Saturday and thought odds would be longer before then.

Fred Perry
21-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Well we're 2/1 to win the Scottish Cup probably about the same to go up. So that would be 8/1 if my calculations are correct

I thought we would be more than 2/1 to go up? Potentially 3 X 2 legged games to win.
Thanks though, will try and get to bookies before 3pm Saturday.

hibee
21-04-2016, 09:38 PM
I asked Sky Bet but they won't give a price for it.

LaMotta
21-04-2016, 09:42 PM

Cant double up online.....must be a reason for that but if went to a bookies and asked they might come up with a price.

Anyone fancying a bet for us in the cup final best odds i've seen currrently are 11/4 at William Hill.

WeeRussell
21-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Send PaddyPower an email mate. They'll (and likely others) probably quote you a price if you request it :aok:

JOD
22-04-2016, 05:14 AM
Not usually a gambler but just have a feeling for this, can anyone find odds on Hibs to get promoted and win Scottish Cup?

Go to oddschecker. Gives all the main bookies in uk. You would have to make that bet a double. (retired bookie here lol)

Gd luck !! Hope your right.

WeeRussell
22-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Go to oddschecker. Gives all the main bookies in uk. You would have to make that bet a double. (retired bookie here lol)

Gd luck !! Hope your right.

Yep but with them being 'related' bets they won't be quoting prices on oddschecker unless anyone is doing a special on it, and it's not just a case of adding the odds together (although it won't be a million miles off).

I think the only way to get your price and get your bet on for this will be to request it in-shop or by email :aok:

mmmmhibby
22-04-2016, 11:23 AM
if I was pricing up the play off odds I'd have hibs about 7/4, Falkirk 2/1, Raith 8/1 and SPL team in 11th 15/8. Hibs price will shorten if we achieve 2nd place to around 6/4 with Falkirk moving out to 5/2-11/4 mark.

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 11:23 AM
McBooke are offering as follows:
6/1 promotion and win scottish cup :flag::top marks

5/2 promotion and lose Scottiish cup :yawn2:

11/8 we fail to win either :flamed:

Paul Petrie, McBookie.com spokesman commented, “ It has been a rollercoaster season for Hibernian and has the potential to be one of the best ever. However, the bad news is that it could also end up with two cup final defeats and another season in the Championship. It will be a fascinating end to the campaign.

Broken Gnome
22-04-2016, 11:25 AM
if I was pricing up the play off odds I'd have hibs about 7/4, Falkirk 2/1, Raith 8/1 and SPL team in 11th 15/8. Hibs price will shorten if we achieve 2nd place to around 6/4 with Falkirk moving out to 5/2-11/4 mark.

Surely the 11th place SPL team would be much shorter? There's far less risk attached to that position and the system's designed to favour the higher league.

Geo_1875
22-04-2016, 11:26 AM
Yep but with them being 'related' bets they won't be quoting prices on oddschecker unless anyone is doing a special on it, and it's not just a case of adding the odds together (although it won't be a million miles off).

I think the only way to get your price and get your bet on for this will be to request it in-shop or by email :aok:

But they're not related bets. You simply take the price on each and bet on the double. The price on us going up will change over the next week depending whether we have 2 rounds or 3 rounds to play.

Speedy
22-04-2016, 11:32 AM

Paul Petrie, McBookie.com spokesman commented, “ It has been a rollercoaster season for Hibernian and has the potential to be one of the best ever. However, the bad news is that it could also end up with two cup final defeats and another season in the Championship. It will be a fascinating end to the campaign.

11/8 could make an interesting consolation bet.

mmmmhibby
22-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Surely the 11th place SPL team would be much shorter? There's far less risk attached to that position and the system's designed to favour the higher league.

True, however last year motherwell were 4/1 IIRC.

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 11:35 AM
11/8 could make an interesting consolation bet.

there would be no consolation other than getting completely rat arsed and suffering from temporary amnesia for about a month.

Speedy
22-04-2016, 11:39 AM
there would be no consolation other than getting completely rat arsed and suffering from temporary amnesia for about a month.

Aye...but at least you wouldn't have to stump up for the bender.

WeeRussell
22-04-2016, 11:42 AM
But they're not related bets. You simply take the price on each and bet on the double. The price on us going up will change over the next week depending whether we have 2 rounds or 3 rounds to play.

Yes they are - try simply selecting the prices and see if the online bookie shows odds for the double. I am confident it will only show singles on the betslip.

Oh and if I am wrong.. let us know what odds you get :greengrin

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 11:44 AM
Aye...but at least you wouldn't have to stump up for the bender.

would need to put a reasonably big stake on to get something decent back though.. I'm fairly confident though this won't happen as much as pessimistic moan that I am.

Broken Gnome
22-04-2016, 11:55 AM
would need to put a reasonably big stake on to get something decent back though.. I'm fairly confident though this won't happen as much as pessimistic moan that I am.

The bookies never cottoned on to how bad Hibs were in 2014 for a long time. There was a lot to be made on us finishing 11th and ultimately going down.

Did fund the piss-up after, didn't really help the pain.

pacoluna
22-04-2016, 12:06 PM
The bookies never cottoned on to how bad Hibs were in 2014 for a long time. There was a lot to be made on us finishing 11th and ultimately going down.

Did fund the piss-up after, didn't really help the pain.

that must have been a decent price at some point? even the most pessimistic of us thought it wouldnt happen, as bad as we were.

LaMotta
22-04-2016, 02:54 PM
Yes they are - try simply selecting the prices and see if the online bookie shows odds for the double. I am confident it will only show singles on the betslip.

Oh and if I am wrong.. let us know what odds you get :greengrin

You are right, the bookies do treat them as related for some reason so can’t do a double in the normal way ( certainly not on bet 365 anyway!).

PiemanP
22-04-2016, 04:01 PM

How do I get these odds? Can't find them on their website.

ekhibee
22-04-2016, 04:05 PM
This :agree:

Green Man
22-04-2016, 05:59 PM
that must have been a decent price at some point? even the most pessimistic of us thought it wouldnt happen, as bad as we were.

Just after the split we were 20/1 to finish 11th. Then after the playoff first leg we were 20/1 to go down. I didn't take either bet, despite it being clear as day what was happening.

Fred Perry
22-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Thanks everyone, appreciate it. Will pop into bookies tomorrow and see what I can get.