PDA

View Full Version : Championship Player of the Year awards

Hibeesmad
21-04-2016, 02:55 PM
John McGinn, Jason Cummings, Martyn Waghorn and Lee Wallace are the four nominees

Since90+2
21-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Could probably make a case for all 4 of them to win it. Think it will be McGinn or Waghorn though.

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2016, 03:00 PM
I don't see how Wallace has been nominated over colleagues like McKay or Tavernier. I personally don't rate Waghorn that highly, but kind of has to be nominated for his penalt...sorry, goals.

McGinn for me

steve75
21-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Surely Baird was in with a shout? Think he can feel hard done by.

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Surely Baird was in with a shout? Think he can feel hard done by.

And maybe Blair Alston

easty
21-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Given the number of good goals he scored, and the fact he's an Old Firm player, I'm a wee bit surprised not to see Tavernier in there ahead of McGinn or Cummings.

Also, Waghorn Penalty has scored a load of goals aye, but he's missed their last 12 games through injury, he shouldn't win it.

McGinn for me, but I think they'll give it to Wallace.

ShinyFantastic
21-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Where's Mark Oxley?

easty
21-04-2016, 03:07 PM
Where's Mark Oxley?

Deary me

hibbysam
21-04-2016, 03:08 PM
And maybe Blair Alston

According to Falkirk forum's they don't rate Alston at all, and are questioning whether he should get a new deal or not.

Wallace is very strange, just as poor as Tavernier at the back, however Tavernier has contributed far more going forward, especially in their great run at the start of the season. Waghorn was always going to be included, however, he has missed the whole of March and April which surely puts a blight on his record, along with half his goals coming from Penalties.

Diclonius
21-04-2016, 03:14 PM
Swap Waghorn (pen) for Tavernier and you're probably about right. I'd have picked Tavernier as POTY to be honest, but I suspect it'll be Wallace or McGinn.

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2016, 03:17 PM
According to Falkirk forum's they don't rate Alston at all, and are questioning whether he should get a new deal or not.

Wallace is very strange, just as poor as Tavernier at the back, however Tavernier has contributed far more going forward, especially in their great run at the start of the season. Waghorn was always going to be included, however, he has missed the whole of March and April which surely puts a blight on his record, along with half his goals coming from Penalties.

Surprised at that. He has 10 goals and 5 assists this season. St Johnstone were looking to get him on a Pre Contract

lucky
21-04-2016, 03:38 PM
I think it will be McGinn as he's the only championship player capped this season. Wallace is a great athlete but I think he may struggle next year as he's had 4 years of not bothering about defending. Still think he's a great player.

LustForLeith
21-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Think it's going to be Wallace. Anyone know if you can bet on this and if so what the odds are? Cheers!

AlbertK86
21-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Think it's going to be Wallace. Anyone know if you can bet on this and if so what the odds are? Cheers!

Depends whether it's players player of the year or media voting

Media will definitely vote the Sevconians championship winning captain

LustForLeith
21-04-2016, 04:02 PM
Think it's the PFA Awards

Fergus52
21-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Joke if Waghorn wins it.

He's scored 2 goals from open play against full time opposition this season.

Bostonhibby
21-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Waghorn? Jeez, if we really want to tell the rest of the football world what a backwater Scottish football has become give it this never was from the English lower leagues instead of emerging Scottish talent that is potentially on the way up rather than down.

Unseen work
21-04-2016, 07:20 PM
Quite a poor selection imo with no one really standing out.

Mcginn was brilliant for a while but hasn't really been upto much since about February.

Cummings could win it based on his goals alone.

Waghorn I actually really like as a player, big and strong and good with the ball at his feet. Never player of the year though.

Wallace? No

Think will vaulks can feel hard done by as he has been very good this season.

Suppose travernier could aswell although he can't defend at all.

Got a feeling it will be Cummings or Mcginn. Probably Mcginn due to the scotland motm performance