PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final pricing

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2016, 11:44 AM
Was thinking this morning about the pricing for this game. Now I would pay any price for the Final, as I wouldn't miss being there, but I remember back in 2013, it was £35 for a North Stand ticket.
Does anyone think its right that last season the prices were reduced based on the teams in the final. I realise its all about supply and demand and they are always gonna sell this one out, but here was the prices for last years game. At the end of the day, we are just normal fans the same as Falkirk/ICT fans, so surely if they were making it more affordable to them, it should be the same for us.

South Stand - Adults - £30

North Stand - Adults - £30
North Stand - Concessions - £10

East Stand - Adults - £25
East Stand - Concessions - £5

Disabled Access Areas (North & South Stand)
£15 adults/£5 concessions

Can we expect similar pricing? I'm sure back in 2013, I paid £35 for my 8yr old sons ticket because there was no concessions (and I wanted to sit in the North stand). Hopefully they continue to give concession prices over the whole stadium.

No matter what, May is gonna be an expensive month!!!

hibee
21-04-2016, 04:11 PM
I agree, shouldn't matter who the teams are the price should be consistent.

As the final is being contested by two Championship sides this maybe it will be even lower than last year.

As long as they don't make kids sit behind the goals I will be happy though, that's just horrible for them especially if the game's not going our way.

Pretty Boy
21-04-2016, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see us asked to pay about £38 for adults.

The semi final would have been cheaper if it wasn't for who was in the other, as you say supply and demand. Last season they had to try and entice a lot more people to take family, non supporting mates etc to get a crowd in. This game would sell out twice over almost regardless of price so we will pay top whack. I don't like it but it's what will happen.

Keith_M
21-04-2016, 04:36 PM
They reduced the prices last year because they were afraid the crowd would be embarrassingly small.

There's no fear of that this time* so it'll be back to the usual prices.

* You could probably sell enough tickets to fill a Wembley sized stadium for this match.

DH1875
21-04-2016, 04:39 PM
£35 a ticket seems decent enough to me and I'll be more than happy to pay it.

Northern Hibby
21-04-2016, 05:42 PM
I just want to be able to sing

Oh When the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish cup I was there, I was there!!

Hamish
21-04-2016, 06:02 PM
At the 1902 final I got a ticket, the horse carraige there and back, stopped on way home for a fish supper, had 8 pints in Edinburgh and still had change from a tanner.

Lancs Harp
22-04-2016, 11:34 AM
At the 1902 final I got a ticket, the horse carraige there and back, stopped on way home for a fish supper, had 8 pints in Edinburgh and still had change from a tanner.

:greengrin:greengrin

Ged
22-04-2016, 11:37 AM
Both clubs will push the price as high as they dare as money is scarce in our game. It's a timely boost given the number of Hibs fans who are refusing to renew.

Peevemor
22-04-2016, 11:41 AM
Both clubs will push the price as high as they dare as money is scarce in our game. It's a timely boost given the number of Hibs fans who are refusing to renew.

I don't know if the clubs will have much say. In any case the final is a guaranteed sell-out so expect to pay full whack - supply & demand and all that...

gogs_t
22-04-2016, 11:57 AM
I don't know if the clubs will have much say. In any case the final is a guaranteed sell-out so expect to pay full whack - supply & demand and all that...

I e-mailed the SFA about the pricing in the semi-finals both last year and this year where concessions are under 15's or students with a matriculation card which means 16 and 17 year-olds still at school pay full price, but that's maybe for a different thread.

However they did reply and part of the e-mail stated

"Prices for the Scottish Cup are set and agreed at the highest level here at the Scottish FA and are then put to all participating semi finalist and, if appropriate, the finalist clubs who all must agree the match ticket pricing policy."

So the clubs do have a say, but I do expect it to be - as you say - the full whack.

SunshineOnLeith
22-04-2016, 03:16 PM
* You could probably sell enough tickets to fill a Wembley sized stadium for this match.

Should have it at Murrayfield instead of Hampden then :greengrin