PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Stokes

matty_f
21-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Apologies if there's already a thread, but I think Stokes deserves a mention of his own for his recent performances, and specifically his performance last night.

He is a joy to watch at the moment, his link up play is good, his runs intelligent, and his work rate last night was terrific. Although he got lucky with the goal, it was no more than he deserved. His communication with Jason is very good as well, you could see him shouting to Cummings all through the game as they worked on when to press and when to stand off.

Stokes' role last night in defending from the front was pivotal to our win, IMHO. Delighted that he's going to be available for the final, especially if he continues to improve in the way that he has over the last few games.

Hibs Class
21-04-2016, 11:19 AM
Apologies if there's already a thread, but I think Stokes deserves a mention of his own for his recent performances, and specifically his performance last night.

He is a joy to watch at the moment, his link up play is good, his runs intelligent, and his work rate last night was terrific. Although he got lucky with the goal, it was no more than he deserved. His communication with Jason is very good as well, you could see him shouting to Cummings all through the game as they worked on when to press and when to stand off.

Stokes' role last night in defending from the front was pivotal to our win, IMHO. Delighted that he's going to be available for the final, especially if he continues to improve in the way that he has over the last few games.

:agree: Was impressed with his fitness and effort last night

Big_Franck
21-04-2016, 11:24 AM
I didn't think he was great in the semi but he was very good last night. He also put in possibly the best shift I've seen from him in a Hibs shirt last night. He's obviously now 100% fit and it's starting to show.

Fergus52
21-04-2016, 11:26 AM
Looks like him and jason might finally be developing a proper partnership at the right time.

Both their work-rates were terrific last night and as the OP said their communication has improved greatly

jacomo
21-04-2016, 11:30 AM
Good stuff. I've been critical of him, but if it's now starting to come together I would be delighted.

Absolutely agree that Stokes should be a leader on the park. Jason could learn a lot from him.

My_Wife_Camille
21-04-2016, 11:52 AM
Stokes was quality last night. There was a point towards the end of the game where he was at the edge of our box forcing Travernier back and when Rangers eventually turned and played it back to the keeper he sprinted pretty much the whole length of the park to close him down. Summed up his effort for me.