PDA

View Full Version : Mark Warburton

theonlywayisup
21-04-2016, 06:39 AM
"We should have had more chances with all the possession we had. To come here and have 70% of the ball tells you all you need to know."

So does Hibs 3 - The Rangers 2

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2016, 06:46 AM
The man is OBSESSED with possession. Talks about it all the time. For a man that studies the game so much, he should maybe try watching how a lot of teams play in the modern game. Possession mean nothing if your opponents score more than you

mjhibby
21-04-2016, 06:46 AM
And had Roberts not missed the sitter of all sitters he would be getting it tight from the weeegie media. There's a thin line between success and failure. Just accept when you lose and move on something he seems incapable of doing.

GreenLake
21-04-2016, 06:49 AM
70% possession? It's like giving them enough rope to hang themselves. They think they are Barcelona with a massive budget in a part time league. Wake up and smell the defeat Warbs. Look forward to another in the Cup Final.

Oscar T Grouch
21-04-2016, 06:49 AM
Well I'm pretty sure the rangers were never in front last night, two goals behind for the majority of the match, but possession mean you win does it Mark? Bawbag.

mjhibby
21-04-2016, 06:52 AM
For all their possession they had 4 shots with 3 on target where with 31% possession we had 6 shots and 4 on target. He forgets that 3-5-2 generally does mean not having all the ball. It's what you do with it that counts as we found out in the l cup final. Classless as always. Btw what a goal for Gunnarson. Has to keep his place surely.

GreenLake
21-04-2016, 06:54 AM
Stubbs understood that Warburton would take the ball and then later his team would give it back in a much more valuable position. Simple trading strategy which resulted in a win.

EVENTUALLY
21-04-2016, 06:55 AM
And had Roberts not missed the sitter of all sitters he would be getting it tight from the weeegie media. There's a thin line between success and failure. Just accept when you lose and move on something he seems incapable of doing.

They are nowhere near as good as they think they are. Press them, hold your shape and frustrate them and they struggle. This Rangers side without a physical presence in midfield or up front struggle to find a plan B.
Hibs will win the cup against this lot.

MKHIBEE
21-04-2016, 07:20 AM
70% possesion in your own half isn't going to win you many games. Stubbs game plan worked a treat.

Jones28
21-04-2016, 07:24 AM
He really hates loosing to us, respectfully 😂💚

Libby Hibby
21-04-2016, 07:24 AM
Stubbs's tactics were spot on. Pressed them high when their keeper had the ball. Nullified their full backs by pushing Gray and Stevenson further on, let them have the ball in areas that didn't hurt us but when the got close to the box, we defended like warriors.

It'll certainly get them thinking for the final.

Well done Stubbs

Ronniekirk
21-04-2016, 07:43 AM
He has said this before What he really is saying is that a team who dominates possession should be creating more chances but he never gets to that last bit and tries to hide behind the amount of possession his team have as if that alone justifies how superior his team are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenOnions
21-04-2016, 07:44 AM
"We should have had more chances with all the possession we had. To come here and have 70% of the ball tells you all you need to know."

It tells me they lacked creativity, had no cutting edge and had no idea how to open us up. They had one shot on target in the first 85 minutes :-/

Pretty Boy
21-04-2016, 07:48 AM
Watch out for the SPFL changing thebrules for next season.

Every game will be treated like that training game where it's 3 passes = a goal.

EskbankHibby
21-04-2016, 07:48 AM
Possession stats don't win games as we have unfortunately found to our cost this season.

Leicester have built a title challenge around conceding possession but being incisive and effective when they are actually in possession. Warburton is a tool pandering to the masses.

ArmadaleHibs
21-04-2016, 07:57 AM
I love the fact that Warburton starts his rants with the phrase "WITH RESPECT", then proceeds to rip into whoever or whatever.

Just because you say with respect doesn't mean you can then be disrespectful yah welt

GGTTH

Jim44
21-04-2016, 08:02 AM
I love the fact that Warburton starts his rants with the phrase "WITH RESPECT", then proceeds to rip into whoever or whatever.

Just because you say with respect doesn't mean you can then be disrespectful yah welt

GGTTH

The muppet has verbal diarrhoea and it's the same old shi** that comes out all the time.

J-C
21-04-2016, 08:27 AM
Possession means sod all if you don't score enough to win the game, how many games have lost/drawn this season with 60+% of the game, we did what most teams do to us, stifle the midfield and hit them on the break, jeez Leicester have done this all season and are nearly champions.

Libby Hibby
21-04-2016, 08:27 AM
With respect, he is a toss bag

Craig_in_Prague
21-04-2016, 09:13 AM
to be fair in all fairness and with all due respect, you're team were mince and also you'll be sitting on your erchies for 3 weeks which sounds lovely preparation for the final,
0 points at Easter Road this season ya welt.

JimBHibees
21-04-2016, 09:20 AM
to be fair in all fairness and with all due respect, you're team were mince and also you'll be sitting on your erchies for 3 weeks which sounds lovely preparation for the final,
0 points at Easter Road this season ya welt.

But respectfully they had more possession :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
21-04-2016, 09:23 AM
The muppet has verbal diarrhoea and it's the same old shi** that comes out all the time.

YEUGH!! If it is the same SH ite that means he must be eating it!!

DUX
21-04-2016, 09:26 AM

If your team the rangers had 70% of the ball and failed to win that does tell us everything we need to know- YOU FAILED WARBURTON!

:agree:

Steve20
21-04-2016, 09:40 AM

That's actually not true. It was amazing Celtic even got to extra time, never mind win the game had Roberts scored. Rangers would still have went on to win, because football isn't as simple as "Celtic would have won 2-1 in normal time".

What I will say is possession is such a misleading and pointless stat. Warburton should maybe think his team had that much of the ball because Hibs were leading almost the entire game and that's a reason their possession stat would be so high as Hibs could let Rangers have the ball.

They had all that time on the ball, created little and only scored two because of the keeper.

SeanWilson
21-04-2016, 09:46 AM
I actually cringe every time he's on ma telly. The guy just sounds like a smug arrogant ****er. Glad to see Stubbs could change it up to nullify them and knowing that he's far to arrogant to play any other way, providing Stubbs was watching what we were last night, we should turn up and have a right good chance in May.

Geo_1875
21-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Half of their 70% possession was Kiernan trying to bring the ball under control.

Wee Effen Bee
21-04-2016, 12:17 PM
Half of their 70% possession was Kiernan trying to bring the ball under control.
:tee hee:

dangermouse
21-04-2016, 12:26 PM

And a further 20% was when it was passed back to the keeper :greengrin

euro Hibby
21-04-2016, 12:34 PM
Reading all the Rangers trash , they just cannot believe they could lose to Hibs as they did. You can't even say they were mugged because 3 goals is 3 goals and with all the possession they never looked that dangerous.
Rangers are hurting, the media is hurting.........and we will see what they com eup with to unsteady the ship come final time. For now , we need to keep bringing 3 points home and hope Falkirk come a cropper at Raith.
Thanks Hibs for making football interesting ........

KeithTheHibby
21-04-2016, 12:51 PM
Neither of the weegie pair lose gracefully, we should know that by now.

pennyhibee
21-04-2016, 12:54 PM
Warblurton says he will only ever play one way so now Stubbsy has them figured out we'll have a great day in may .114 years no more

jgl07
21-04-2016, 01:01 PM
With his Plan A not working you would have thought he could 'use his loaf' and come up with something different and 'sliced' the Hibs defence open! Maybe it's all a cunning plan to get the Sevco Board to give him some more 'dough'?

I'll get my bread van.

pennyhibee
21-04-2016, 01:09 PM
With his Plan A not working you would have thought he could 'use his loaf' and come up with something different and 'sliced' the Hibs defence open! Maybe it's all a cunning plan to get the Sevco Board to give him some more 'dough'?

I'll get my bread van.
:top marksGood idea

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2016, 01:22 PM
If the other team lets you have the ball you are going to have the majority of possession ............. what you do with it is what matters as we have discovered all too often this season, see how much respect quoting possession stats has gained Stubbsy of late.

I would say that we perhaps did let them have a bit too much possession and on another day it might not have worked out for us ..... we need a plan B for the final. If Gunnarsson has a part to play in the final I would look to use his long throw whenever possible, the Huns look suspect to any high balls into their box.

Dashing Bob S
21-04-2016, 02:28 PM
To be fair to Warburton, with that comment he sounds like just about every poster on this forum has done for at least the last six weeks, and probably the last eighteen months.

jacomo
21-04-2016, 02:34 PM
To be fair to Warburton, with that comment he sounds like just about every poster on this forum has done for at least the last six weeks, and probably the last eighteen months.

Respectfully, I don't like being fair to him.

He looks and sounds like a double glazing salesman, tricking old ladies into paying for unnecessary home improvements at rip-off prices.

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2016, 03:19 PM
We were very comfortable for 85 minutes. You are welcome to have the ball Mark, you done next to nothing with it.

Jack Hackett
21-04-2016, 07:05 PM
We were very comfortable for 85 minutes. You are welcome to have the ball Mark, you done next to nothing with it.

Stubbs should send him one of the match balls, signed by everyone who played :greengrin

Joe6-2
21-04-2016, 07:38 PM
With respect, he is a toss bag

And without respect, he's still a bawbag

Dashing Bob S
21-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Respectfully, I don't like being fair to him.

He looks and sounds like a double glazing salesman, tricking old ladies into paying for unnecessary home improvements at rip-off prices.

Yes - he's pretty much perfect for Sevco. Apologies for being reasonable to him, I was on hallucinogenic drugs when I posted that.

DUX
21-04-2016, 09:15 PM
Random

typed in 70% to search engine. most interesting fact was 70% chocolate tasting website.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm 70% pure chocolate!

much more interesting than Warburton's the rangers whae couldnae beat the hibees with 70% possesion.

GIRUY Warburton ya pure cocoa bean ye!

hfc rd
21-04-2016, 09:36 PM
70% possession stats mean f*** all. The most important stat is the result.
GIRFUY bread man.

jacomo
21-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Yes - he's pretty much perfect for Sevco. Apologies for being reasonable to him, I was on hallucinogenic drugs when I posted that.

No problem sir.

You are a Hibee after all. We are bound to be incapacitated through drugs at least part of the week.

Wee Effen Bee
21-04-2016, 09:50 PM

I'll get my bread van.
its plain to see that things might not pan out the way he thought in the final. He will knead backing from the (bread) board to rye(s) to the challenge next season too. Probably at yeast leaven million£. If he fails, he will be a scone's throw away from being toast.

erm, can you pick me up in your bread van on the way out jgl07?:greengrin

DUX
21-04-2016, 09:53 PM
its plain to see that things might not pan out the way he thought in the final. He will knead backing from the (bread) board to rye(s) to the challenge next season too. Probably at yeast leaven million£. If he fails, he will be a scone's throw away from being toast.

erm, can you pick me up in your bread van on the way out jgl07?:greengrin

He will be his Mother's Pride!

GIRUY Warburton ya roaster.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Possession. The most irrelevant stat in football.

Jack Hackett
21-04-2016, 10:06 PM
He will be his Mother's Pride!

GIRUY Warburton ya roaster.

Shouldn't that be toaster?

DUX
21-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Shouldn't that be toaster?

:faf:

Sir David Gray
21-04-2016, 10:09 PM
I really hope we have 90% possession in the cup final but lose narrowly. It will make me sleep much more easily knowing that we touched the ball a lot more than they did. :rolleyes: