PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

Super_JMcGinn
21-04-2016, 03:30 AM
Never done this before so here goes :wink:

Oxley.......... 6 Absolute howler for their first goal but made a good save beforehand and towards the end of the game, why can't he come and catch balls like he did in the dying seconds more often ? Still don't think he should have been given the nod over Logan though.

Gray........... 7 Put in another 100% and seems to be getting back to his form of last year, just in the nick of time too.

Lewey......... 7 Another great shift from him and was solid throughout.

Goony......... 6 Fabulous goal but had a few wayward passes and wasn't too assured at times.

Hanlon........ 5 Some things are better left unsaid.

McGregor..... 7 Solid performance from Darren, won a few crucial tackles and important headers, his distribution was way better than his more illustrious team mate.

Fyvie.......... 8 Fantastic performance and great to have him back, put in a great shift.

Bartley........ 9 Another accomplished performance from big Marv which is readily becoming the norm, I don't think he lost a tackle the whole game.

McGinn........ 9 Back to his immense best, was all over the pitch and never gave them a minutes rest.

Cummings.... 7 Great awareness to get his goal and put in a decent shift. The least said about his embarrassing dive the better.

Stokes......... 8 Great goal and was all over the place, looks to be getting better and better.

Hermit Crab
21-04-2016, 03:54 AM
Oxley 6? He was at fault for both goals imo. Liability who should be nowhere near the first team.

greenlex
21-04-2016, 03:55 AM
Best not to do it again and leave it to folk that know their onions to be honest.

Joe6-2
21-04-2016, 04:45 AM
Best not to do it again and leave it to folk that know their onions to be honest.

Bit harsh!

greenlex
21-04-2016, 04:48 AM
Bit harsh!

No really she has an agenda against Hanlon so her opinion is void before its expressed. Not to be taken seriously.

Allant1981
21-04-2016, 05:07 AM
No really she has an agenda against Hanlon so her opinion is void before its expressed. Not to be taken seriously.

Hanlon did not have a good game last night, i dont have an agenda against him and thought he was probably our worst player

Brightside
21-04-2016, 06:25 AM

It continues to show a total lack of football understanding. If she is a woman she does no favours for the gender.

JimBHibees
21-04-2016, 06:36 AM
Hanlon did not have a good game last night, i dont have an agenda against him and thought he was probably our worst player

Thought he wasn't at his best and wasn't great either Falkirk or the semi. Really need him to get back to form but sure that will come with games.

Onceinawhile
21-04-2016, 06:39 AM
People blaming Oxley for the 2nd?? I suppose Craig Gordon was at fault on Sunday too?

kentao
21-04-2016, 06:45 AM
People blaming Oxley for the 2nd?? I suppose Craig Gordon was at fault on Sunday too?

The one against Craig Gordon was unstoppable right into the top corner across the goal. Oxley was half way up and 3 yards to his left.

Brightside
21-04-2016, 06:45 AM

Where? Examples please. I thought all 3 CH had a good solid game, covered for each other, brought the ball out when required, strong in air (3rd goal was Hanlon to Gunarson). The worst outfield player of the night was mcginn who looked shattered again

FromTheCapital
21-04-2016, 06:51 AM
Where? Examples please. I thought all 3 CH had a good solid game, covered for each other, brought the ball out when required, strong in air (3rd goal was Hanlon to Gunarson). The worst outfield player of the night was mcginn who looked shattered again

I don't think we had a bad performer last night?

Hanlon had a good game so the 5 rating is very surprising but McGinn had a good game as well I thought. Won most of his battles in midfield.

mmmmhibby
21-04-2016, 07:20 AM

I thought Hanlon wasn't at his best either, looks really slow at times.

Pretty Boy
21-04-2016, 07:26 AM
I thought all 3 CBs played well. We limited Rangers to half chances, at best, for almost the entire game.

Not just due to the defence of course but I thought we were very comfortable for much of the game with Rangers playing in front of us and when they did threaten to break us down the defence stood up well.

Brightside
21-04-2016, 07:27 AM
I thought all 3 CBs played well. We limited Rangers to half chances, at best, for almost the entire game.

Not just due to the defence of course but I thought we were very comfortable for much of the game with Rangers playing in front of us and when they did threaten to break us down the defence stood up well.

They had 3 shots on target... i can't fathom how someone can be critical of the defence last night.

dangermouse
21-04-2016, 07:38 AM
Hibs third goal was all down to Hanlon. Before the kick was taken he tells Gunnarsson where to go and as he makes his run ends up in plenty of space. Hanlon nods the ball back across goal for Fyvie to flick on. If he had not spoken to Gunnarsson first then Gunnarsson would not have been where he was.

I thought the whole team were excellent and we should take note of what our manager said about blaming players for mistakes.

PPZPOL
21-04-2016, 07:53 AM
Hanlon had a part to play in loss of 2nd goal. He gave the ball back to them earlier in the play with a wild sliced clearance rather than taking a touch and passing it 10-15 yards out from the back to Fyvie or Stokes which would have retained possession. He's not the only one who does this, we need to be a bit calmer with the ball in these areas and they need to push the midfield higher up the park to support Stokes/Cummings to take some pressure off somewhat. That said, he played a major part in our 3rd so he's done well there (an area we need to exploit at Hampden IMO).

Good result last night, but must improve for the remaining games. Its no coincidence we don't win games comfortably, panic stations all over the place, and we are talking from 20-30 minutes to go in games.....not just the last couple of minutes. Inviting pressure leads to an inevitable loss of late goals.

dangermouse
21-04-2016, 08:02 AM
Hanlon had a part to play in loss of 2nd goal. He gave the ball back to them earlier in the play with a wild sliced clearance rather than taking a touch and passing it 10-15 yards out from the back to Fyvie or Stokes which would have retained possession. He's not the only one who does this, we need to be a bit calmer with the ball in these areas and they need to push the midfield higher up the park to support Stokes/Cummings to take some pressure off somewhat. That said, he played a major part in our 3rd so he's done well there (an area we need to exploit at Hampden IMO).

Good result last night, but must improve for the remaining games. Its no coincidence we don't win games comfortably, panic stations all over the place, and we are talking from 20-30 minutes to go in games.....not just the last couple of minutes. Inviting pressure leads to an inevitable loss of late goals.

You could also blame Stevenson for not closing McKay down quicker.

supermcginn
21-04-2016, 08:02 AM

Oxley.......... 6 Absolute howler for their first goal but made a good save beforehand and towards the end of the game, why can't he come and catch balls like he did in the dying seconds more often ? Still don't think he should have been given the nod over Logan though.

Gray........... 7 Put in another 100% and seems to be getting back to his form of last year, just in the nick of time too.

Goony......... 6 Fabulous goal but had a few wayward passes and wasn't too assured at times.

McGregor..... 7 Solid performance from Darren, won a few crucial tackles and important headers, his distribution was way better than his more illustrious team mate.

Fyvie.......... 8 Fantastic performance and great to have him back, put in a great shift.

Bartley........ 9 Another accomplished performance from big Marv which is readily becoming the norm, I don't think he lost a tackle the whole game.

McGinn........ 9 Back to his immense best, was all over the pitch and never gave them a minutes rest.

Cummings.... 7 Great awareness to get his goal and put in a decent shift. The least said about his embarrassing dive the better.

Stokes......... 8 Great goal and was all over the place, looks to be getting better and better.
A 6 for oxley haha no danger! All of the back 3 had a great game too!

PPZPOL
21-04-2016, 08:08 AM
You could also blame Stevenson for not closing McKay down quicker.

That's why I said "had a part to play". It wasn't ALL Hanlons fault.

The major difference between the 2 situations is that Hanlon had the ball at his feet and we were in possession of it and Stevenson didn't.

TrinityHibs
21-04-2016, 08:16 AM
I don't think we had a bad performer last night?

Hanlon had a good game so the 5 rating is very surprising but McGinn had a good game as well I thought. Won most of his battles in midfield.

Have to agree . I didn't see one player last night who performed poorly. Oxley did misjudge the first but not by much on another day the ball bounces on the bar and doesn't land at Holt's feet. I actually thought Lewis was excellent last night, Certainly McKay knew he had been in a game by the end and Tavernier barely got a sniff. Same with Gray and Wallace. John McGinn never gave up and closed out the left with Lewis. In fact the midfield three dominated. That looked like a team getting its second wind and if we can build on the game we will not be far away from anything at the end of the season.

FromTheCapital
21-04-2016, 08:21 AM
Oxley (6) - Error for the first goal but had a good game afterwards. 2nd goal was unstoppable.

Gray (7) - Worked tirelessly all night going forward and getting back. Form is picking up again.

Gunnarsson (7) - Accomplished performance from the big man. Stuck the foot in when he had to. Cracking goal.

McGregor (7) - Hardly put a foot wrong all night. Solid as ever. They'll be spewing that they let him go to us for nothing.

Hanlon (7) - Another solid performance from Paul. Reads the game superbly and his contribution for Gunnarsson's goal was excellent.

Stevenson (7) - O'Halloran had absolutely no joy against him. Solid defensively and looked to get forward when possible.

Bartley (9) - He just seems to be getting better and better. Tucked Andy Halliday away in his back pocket and was a rock throughout. MOTM.

Fyvie (8) - Great performance last night from Fraser. Used the ball much more effectively and got stuck in. Outshone Holt in that area of the park for me.

McGinn (7) - Doubled up with Stevenson against Tavernier and did extremely well. Worked his socks off but he looks shattered.

Stokes (8) - Lazy some people called him! Work rate was superb and his movement was great. Very clever performance.

Cummings (8) - Bags of confidence. Took his goal superbly and his work rate all night was brilliant.

Subs:

Keatings (3) - Looked disinterested. Needs to get rid of that cause there is a player in there but he has to start showing it soon.

Dagnall (N/R) - No time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FromTheCapital
21-04-2016, 08:22 AM
Have to agree . I didn't see one player last night who performed poorly. Oxley did misjudge the first but not by much on another day the ball bounces on the bar and doesn't land at Holt's feet. I actually thought Lewis was excellent last night, Certainly McKay knew he had been in a game by the end and Tavernier barely got a sniff. Same with Gray and Wallace. John McGinn never gave up and closed out the left with Lewis. In fact the midfield three dominated. That looked like a team getting its second wind and if we can build on the game we will not be far away from anything at the end of the season.

I agree mate. Fyvie was superb, Bartley was a man mountain and McGinn was just non-stop throughout. Great 3 points!

Blaster
21-04-2016, 08:22 AM

I agree it was Lewis best game for a while and I think the reason was simple. It was more focussed on defending than being more creative

Most of the criticism aimed at him recently has been his crossing / final ball

Brightside
21-04-2016, 08:29 AM
Oxley (6) - Error for the first goal but had a good game afterwards. 2nd goal was unstoppable.

Gray (7) - Worked tirelessly all night going forward and getting back. Form is picking up again.

Gunnarsson (7) - Accomplished performance from the big man. Stuck the foot in when he had to. Cracking goal.

McGregor (7) - Hardly put a foot wrong all night. Solid as ever. They'll be spewing that they let him go to us for nothing.

Hanlon (7) - Another solid performance from Paul. Reads the game superbly and his contribution for Gunnarsson's goal was excellent.

Stevenson (7) - O'Halloran had absolutely no joy against him. Solid defensively and looked to get forward when possible.

Bartley (9) - He just seems to be getting better and better. Tucked Andy Halliday away in his back pocket and was a rock throughout. MOTM.

Fyvie (8) - Great performance last night from Fraser. Used the ball much more effectively and got stuck in. Outshone Holt in that area of the park for me.

McGinn (7) - Doubled up with Stevenson against Tavernier and did extremely well. Worked his socks off but he looks shattered.

Stokes (8) - Lazy some people called him! Work rate was superb and his movement was great. Very clever performance.

Cummings (8) - Bags of confidence. Took his goal superbly and his work rate all night was brilliant.

Subs:

Keatings (3) - Looked disinterested. Needs to get rid of that cause there is a player in there but he has to start showing it soon.

Dagnall (N/R) - No time.

A sensible rating. :thumbsup:

Salt N Sauzee
21-04-2016, 08:34 AM
Oxley 6? He was at fault for both goals imo. Liability who should be nowhere near the first team.

Definitely at fault for the first. To blame him for the second is laughable though. McKay scored another worldie, unstoppable.

SeanWilson
21-04-2016, 08:41 AM

Second goal was a Stevenson standing off/Oxley with his feet planted combination. Wonder strike from the lad but a slight step to the left and his finger tips become a palm round the post. I've seen people excusing Oxley for the 2nd but when you see the replay, it's poor front post keeping.

Andy74
21-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Second goal was a Stevenson standing off/Oxley with his feet planted combination. Wonder strike from the lad but a slight step to the left and his finger tips become a palm round the post. I've seen people excusing Oxley for the 2nd but when you see the replay, it's poor front post keeping.

It is fine to say that he should have taken a step that way when you are watching a replay and knowing where the ball is ending up. If the boy had whipped a ball to back post he would have been getting it for not getting there either if he had taken that step.

The first was a shocker but he hasn't had too many of those as keepers go.

The second, no, he should have been closed down and it was a great hit.

SeanWilson
21-04-2016, 09:02 AM
It is fine to say that he should have taken a step that way when you are watching a replay and knowing where the ball is ending up. If the boy had whipped a ball to back post he would have been getting it for not getting there either if he had taken that step.

The first was a shocker but he hasn't had too many of those as keepers go.

The second, no, he should have been closed down and it was a great hit.

You have to deal in fact. He didn't whip a ball to the back post, did he? Fact is, the boy had the audacity to hit a screamer at his front post. A good goalkeeper would have that covered. Stevenson should nullify the shot but Oxley should do better, IMO.

Andy74
21-04-2016, 09:11 AM
You have to deal in fact. He didn't whip a ball to the back post, did he? Fact is, the boy had the audacity to hit a screamer at his front post. A good goalkeeper would have that covered. Stevenson should nullify the shot but Oxley should do better, IMO.

The fact is he had to be positioned for the player doing anything with the ball. Good goalkeepers whoever they are would have to do the same.

Watching the replays it seems obvious to cover that spot but there's no danger it can go as an error.

Hibeewilly
21-04-2016, 09:14 AM
I thought Stokes was immense last night. He has had to use games to get fit and some supporters have been impatient and critical. He is now nearing peak fitness at the business end of the season. Watch him go now. A very intelligent footballer we are lucky to have

JimBHibees
21-04-2016, 09:14 AM

Agree with that and looks to be the obvious way to play them in the final. Personally thought some of the Rangers play, movement and rotation was excellent and they are very dangerous if you give them space however they take alot of chances at the back and we will score against them in the final. If we go ahead we win IMO.

SeanWilson
21-04-2016, 09:52 AM
I thought Stokes was immense last night. He has had to use games to get fit and some supporters have been impatient and critical. He is now nearing peak fitness at the business end of the season. Watch him go now. A very intelligent footballer we are lucky to have

:agree:Anyone questioning his commitment were hopefully watching him chasing the ball down in the last 5 minutes when the whole team were knackered. He's a gifted baller who could make the difference in the run in if he can find his poachers instinct again.

PPZPOL
21-04-2016, 10:36 AM

But my original point still stands, if he had the composure and kept the ball neither Stevenson or Oxley would have been put in the position you mention. We could analyse all the play till the cows come home (I've not watched it back) but I feel watching the games live that we have some good chances to retain possession that we don't do well enough which then leads to a build up of pressure on us, resulting in dropping deeper and deeper as the game goes on.

I just want us to improve at that aspect of the game as no team can score against you when you have the ball.

SeanWilson
21-04-2016, 11:53 AM
But my original point still stands, if he had the composure and kept the ball neither Stevenson or Oxley would have been put in the position you mention. We could analyse all the play till the cows come home (I've not watched it back) but I feel watching the games live that we have some good chances to retain possession that we don't do well enough which then leads to a build up of pressure on us, resulting in dropping deeper and deeper as the game goes on.

I just want us to improve at that aspect of the game as no team can score against you when you have the ball.

Totally get what you're saying but if you look at our game plan as a whole, while we weren't deliberately trying to give away possession, we were happy to let them piss about in certain areas and nullify them in others... It's certainly a collective error but then most goals do come from a collection of errors.

J-C
21-04-2016, 12:04 PM

Totally get what you're saying but if you look at our game plan as a whole, while we weren't deliberately trying to give away possession, we were happy to let them piss about in certain areas and nullify them in others... It's certainly a collective error but then most goals do come from a collection of errors.

The last 10-15 mins the team were sitting far too deep and allowing Rangers to come on to them, they kept their shape but put too much pressure on ourselves, Stubbs should've brought on Henderson for McGinn to freshen up the midfield.

PPZPOL
21-04-2016, 12:26 PM

I get that as well but at a certain point I'd like us to not give teams the ball to piss about with. When we pushed and pressurised up the park that Kiernan Buddy and Wilson made mistakes OR they played passes which we not on and we got ball back.
To be fair, we've had a hard schedule recently so that probably affects just how much you get after a team but I just think we don't defend well enough (as a team) to try to soak up pressure in that way! My nerves were shredded last night.

dangermouse
21-04-2016, 01:20 PM

What's the betting if Logan was playing in goal last night and conceded in exactly the same way the Oxley boo boys would be saying it was an un-saveable shot!

PPZPOL
21-04-2016, 01:20 PM
The last 10-15 mins the team were sitting far too deep and allowing Rangers to come on to them, they kept their shape but put too much pressure on ourselves, Stubbs should've brought on Henderson for McGinn to freshen up the midfield.

Couldn't agree more.

SeanWilson
21-04-2016, 01:24 PM
What's the betting if Logan was playing in goal last night and conceded in exactly the same way the Oxley boo boys would be saying it was an un-saveable shot!

I'm not an Oxley boo boy, whatever that is. I actually don't care as we won the match, however if it had been the deciding factor in a draw/loss I think folk would be more critical. It's a sweet strike but he has the angle on his side and time to work it out.

SeanWilson
21-04-2016, 01:26 PM

Absolutely, McGinn was shattered. Also thought Boyle would have been the better option for Cummings to allow some pace for counter. Hey ho, we won and have food for thought 👍

hibs0666
21-04-2016, 01:28 PM

We won therefore we didn't need to do anything different.

PPZPOL
21-04-2016, 01:34 PM
It is interesting the way that people interpret players performances so differently (that's why most of the time I wouldn't look at players ratings of a game I wasn't at and take them too seriously). That's not just opposing fans/managers but also between the same set of fans I mean. This bit below struck a chord in a book I am reading and I think we have to accept some folk have made their mind up about players while others have done the same about others, either in a positive or negative way :wink: This is to do with “decision bias” and “motivated reasoning”

"We are hard-wired to reach biased interpretations of data that run counter to beliefs we hold and care deeply about. So when we are called to examine objective evidence or information, we are pre-disposed to look at the evidence that supports what we already believe. We see what we expect to see, and we see what we wish to see. This makes collecting and interpreting football information particularly difficult, given the tribal loyalties we have.

greenlex
21-04-2016, 02:23 PM
At the game I thought Oxley could maybe have done better at the second goal but having seen it on the tellybox It would have been a world class save.. I think Logan would have saved t.

matty_f
21-04-2016, 02:28 PM

5 for Hanlon?! Are your eyes painted on?

J-C
21-04-2016, 03:14 PM
We won therefore we didn't need to do anything different.

Wasn't about doing anything different, it's about taking off tired legs and keeping up the pressure on Rangers, the tactics used last night was a high tempo harrying and chasing game all over the pitch, it only made sense to freshen things up with 15 mins to go.

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2016, 03:40 PM
Ox - 6 - Very good early save but make a bit of a clanger for their first. 2nd wasn't his fault and he was good in the 2nd half.

Gray - 7 - Getting back to his best, very solid performance IMO.

Gunner - 7 - Very good performance, took his goal well. Hope we can get him long term in the summer.

McGregor - 7 - Nothing wrong.

Hanlon - 7 - Solid game, great header back across for the 3rd goal.

Lewis - 7 - Classic Lewis, tireless and done his job well.

Fyvie - 9 - Brilliant.

Marv - 9 - Brilliant, won his battles all night.

McGinn - 8 - Back to form, very good performance.

Stokes - 8 - Very good hold up play, unlucky not to score more.

Cummings - 7 - Took his goal very well, daft booking for diving and shouldn't be moaning at refs so much.

Stubbs - 10 - Got it spot on, totally out foxed the bread man.

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2016, 03:41 PM
We won therefore we didn't need to do anything different.That is a very bad mentality, there is always something that can be improved on.

Allant1981
21-04-2016, 06:06 PM

Its pretty obvious you rate hanlon as you back him constantly but he hasnt been at the races since he came back, up until then possibly our best defender, and yes he did well getting the header from the corner but his defending wasnt anywhere near his best

R'Albin
21-04-2016, 07:21 PM
The fact is he had to be positioned for the player doing anything with the ball. Good goalkeepers whoever they are would have to do the same.

Watching the replays it seems obvious to cover that spot but there's no danger it can go as an error.

It's not a shocker however, I think he should be saving it. One of my main gripes with Oxley and part of the reason he concedes a lot of goals like this is because he isn't properly balanced on his toes and, when the shot does come in, he doesn't stride forward when making the dive. I can't recall ever seeing a professional keeper land on his front as often as he does, and I think it's because he doesn't attack the ball enough when diving. I'm perhaps being harsh because the ball had a lot of pace and bend, but from that distance at that height at his near post it's very savable IMO.

Anyway, I've whined plenty about Oxley over the last few weeks, my ratings:

Oxley 4

Gunnarsson - 9
Hanlon - 8
McGregor - 8

Gray - 7
Stevenson - 7

Fyvie - 7
Bartley - 8
McGinn - 7

Cummings - 8
Stokes - 9 (MOTM)

One of our best team performances I can remember this season. The Rangers were limited to almost nothing except their two goals and one that was well saved by Oxley. 3-5-2 is definitely the way to go for the final and for the rest of our games this season, with Gray, Stevenson and Fyvie playing more advanced or replaced by a more attacking alternative.

Super_JMcGinn
21-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Its pretty obvious you rate hanlon as you back him constantly but he hasnt been at the races since he came back, up until then possibly our best defender, and yes he did well getting the header from the corner but his defending wasnt anywhere near his best
He backs him to a fault, of which he has many in my eyes, mainly his lack of physical presence and leadership.

I just want to say I was one of Hanlons biggest supporters when he first came into the team which seems like an eternity ago now, but I have seen enough of him and I just don't think he is good enough. If Hanlon was as good as underpants makes HIM out he wouldn't be anywhere near ER, or Scotland for that matter.
We were told by his biggest fan that the Morton result was due to his absence and when reinstated Hanlon would get us back on track, well we all know what followed and Hanlon was at the centre of that run of disastrous results.

How anyone can say he had a good game last night is beyond me, from the first minute when he swung his infamous left boot at the ball to the last few minutes when he again swung his left boot ( nobody near him at the time ) only to see the ball come right back at us and them get their 2nd.
He did the same against Falkirk when all that was required was a bit composure, surely not too much to ask of a defender of his class. There is no doubting his footballing abilities, but as a centre half he just isn't good enough, and our position in the league echoes it.

Oxley quite rightly has had a bit of criticism for our defensive frailties yet Hanlon week in week out gets nothing but praise ? I just don't get it.

Logan bailed him out twice that I can remember at Hampden and still not a word against him on here, but what do I know huh, I'm not as qualified to give an opinion as some, but see him more than most :confused:.

Anyway I shall say no more on the matter

Until his next bomb scare that is :greengrin

KWJ
22-04-2016, 01:27 AM
He's certainly been helping you out with opportunities to lay into him since coming back from injury Gail, I'll give you that.

For me

Oxley - 6. One massive blunder that cost us a goal but a couple of other good saves, had he saved McKay's strike it would have had to be top drawer. Logan v Morton for me. Some switch from Hampden mind!

Gray - 9. I've been really impressed with Gray the past couple games. He's been reminiscent of when he was on top last season which is well timed as I was calling for him to be dropped.
Gunner - 7. Took his goal really well, but not quite as good defensively as Daz. Still like him in there.
McGregor - 7. Good game.
Hanlon - 6. Not his best game in possession for sure, no idea what he was doing with that early free kick. His game seems to have changed, I think he seems to be winning more of the physical battles but wasn't as composed on the deck with tackles or passes. Great header back across goal for Gunner.
Stevenson - 7. Just typical Lewis. Did something awesome at one point but I forget what it was.

Fyvie - 7. He can do so many things and then forgets how to make a 10 yard pass.
Bartley - 8. Behemoth. Didn't win everything but won enough. Great run forward too that just didn't fall for him.
McGinn - 7. Much better game from John than of late but should've been subbed well before the end. Rest him at weekend.

Cummings - 7. Pounced well for his goal, embarrassing dive.
Stokes - 7. Great work rate and dangerous with the ball. I wish he wouldn't whinge as much at his own players when they don't give him the ball.

Since90+2
22-04-2016, 05:27 AM
One noticeable thing with Stokes is his upper body strength has improved massively since he was last with us. At one point in the first half he outmuscled Kiernan who is one of the strongest centre halfs in the country.

Although he is not quite the battering ram Farid is he definitely adds a physical presence upfront.

FromTheCapital
22-04-2016, 07:00 AM
Anyone who thinks Paul Hanlon isn't good enough needs their head's checked.

He'd be a massive, massive loss for us if he left for nothing in the summer.

It's no coincidence that we leak goals when he's not playing.

paddy1875
22-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Paul Hanlon was brilliant at the start of the season but since coming back from injury he's not got back to being AS solid.

Maybe he's been rushed back to early?
Maybe he's still carrying a knock?

Paul Hanlon is a good player to have when his confidence is high no doubt, and would be a loss to us if he leaves for nothing your right.

This might sound silly saying this and nobody jump on my back for asking but....

Paul Hanlon plays for the club he loves, he's a lifelong hibs supporter. Does anybody maybe think because he's grown up knowing about our under achievements that he goes into bigger games with a doubt in his mind? The guys playing for hibs something I could only dream about. He must have a lot of extra pressure on his shoulders in these games.

Brightside
22-04-2016, 09:13 AM
He backs him to a fault, of which he has many in my eyes, mainly his lack of physical presence and leadership.

I just want to say I was one of Hanlons biggest supporters when he first came into the team which seems like an eternity ago now, but I have seen enough of him and I just don't think he is good enough. If Hanlon was as good as underpants makes HIM out he wouldn't be anywhere near ER, or Scotland for that matter.
We were told by his biggest fan that the Morton result was due to his absence and when reinstated Hanlon would get us back on track, well we all know what followed and Hanlon was at the centre of that run of disastrous results.

How anyone can say he had a good game last night is beyond me, from the first minute when he swung his infamous left boot at the ball to the last few minutes when he again swung his left boot ( nobody near him at the time ) only to see the ball come right back at us and them get their 2nd.
He did the same against Falkirk when all that was required was a bit composure, surely not too much to ask of a defender of his class. There is no doubting his footballing abilities, but as a centre half he just isn't good enough, and our position in the league echoes it.

Oxley quite rightly has had a bit of criticism for our defensive frailties yet Hanlon week in week out gets nothing but praise ? I just don't get it.

Logan bailed him out twice that I can remember at Hampden and still not a word against him on here, but what do I know huh, I'm not as qualified to give an opinion as some, but see him more than most :confused:.

Anyway I shall say no more on the matter

Until his next bomb scare that is :greengrin

You see him more than most? Aye very good. Give me a shout at the next game and i'll talk you through the 90 mins. "I just don't think you understand"

Brightside
22-04-2016, 09:15 AM
Anyone who thinks Paul Hanlon isn't good enough needs their head's checked.

He'd be a massive, massive loss for us if he left for nothing in the summer.

It's no coincidence that we leak goals when he's not playing.

Its ok we can replace him with a 6ft4 english division 2 player that lumps the ball out the park.

J-C
22-04-2016, 09:19 AM
Its ok we can replace him with a 6ft4 english division 2 player that lumps the ball out the park.

If we fail to go up and Paul leaves, he'll find a team in the premiership no problem at all, that goes for the English championship too, teams like Aberdeen, Motherwell etc would snap him up in a heartbeat.

Super_JMcGinn
22-04-2016, 10:30 AM
All he has done this past few years is exactly that, and not very well either. A big centre half who does the basics right WOULDN'T HAVE SEEN US CONCEDING the amount of goals we have in this league against mainly part time players.

Blaster
22-04-2016, 10:33 AM
All he has done this past few years is exactly that, and not very well either. A big centre half who does the basics right WOULDN'T HAVE SEEN US CONCEDING the amount of goals we have in this league against mainly part time players.

Yeah let's bring back o'hanlon or the likes.

CallumLaidlaw
22-04-2016, 10:36 AM
Yeah let's bring back o'hanlon or the likes.

Or the collosus that was Michael Nelson

Blaster
22-04-2016, 10:38 AM
Or the collosus that was Michael Nelson

I had him in my head too but couldn't remember his name lol

Brightside
22-04-2016, 10:39 AM

You really are blind when it comes to this player....then one thing Hanlon is not is a lump it up CH. If you really think that then its proof that you don't actually watch the game.

CallumLaidlaw
22-04-2016, 10:41 AM
I had him in my head too but couldn't remember his name lol

I apologise for reminding you! :greengrin

Super_JMcGinn
22-04-2016, 10:50 AM
You really are blind when it comes to this player....then one thing Hanlon is not is a lump it up CH. If you really think that then its proof that you don't actually watch the game.
Watch the Falkirk game again and the Rangers game, then get back to me about what you're watching. He did nothing but HOOF the bloody ball all night. And did you see the game against Utd when Logan bailed him out ? You must be his agent or something. One thing is certain though, if he was anywhere near as good as you make him out to be he wouldn't be with us, and I don't see anyone banging our door down to sign him, do you ?

easty
22-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Watch the Falkirk game again and the Rangers game, then get back to me about what you're watching. He did nothing but HOOF the bloody ball all night. And did you see the game against Utd when Logan bailed him out ? You must be his agent or something. One thing is certain though, if he was anywhere near as good as you make him out to be he wouldn't be with us, and I don't see anyone banging our door down to sign him, do you ?

Who's banging down our door to sign McGinn? Nobody? Is he nae good either then?

Super_JMcGinn
22-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Who's banging down our door to sign McGinn? Nobody? Is he nae good either then?
McGinn's contract is not up, and he's only been with us this season, not 8.

Brightside
22-04-2016, 10:58 AM

I'm done. This is just stupid now. I'm really sorry he knocked you back in the past. Lets just leave it.

Andy74
22-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Interesting that Gunnarson was saying in his thing in the paper today that Oxley is a strong character who gives the players confidence.

Hermit Crab
22-04-2016, 04:57 PM
There isn't half some pish being spouted on this thread like.